Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife (1956 Views)

Husband Slams Man Who Sent Dick To His Wife (Photo) / A Man's Letter To His Girlfriend's Ex Is Going Viral / See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2015
While I yet lie on this bedding, waiting for the devil's kiss into nether, bitterness and regrets trouble my soul, for though I fear not death, the afterlife is undesirable at this time. So in sadness and pain I pen these words for my queen, hoping in reading this, your heart will find a little solace.

Had I met you earlier, to enjoy the goodness your heart gives, maybe life would be fairer, now my regret-laden heart won't stop bleeding and it echoes still in my head.
Though goodbye leaves me,
And tears drown my cheeks,
Still, my love for you will never stop,
My words for you will never change,
And while this life lasts,
You are the flower I'll ever cherish.

I've thought about the short walks,
Our little talks into the night,
The bright moon bade us well,
The starry night beamed us in,
Caught in the cavern,
Good memories I cling on,
While I yet stand at death's door,
Waiting for a journey of no return,
Those times will follow me down,
And these words escape my lips,
You are the queen of my heart.

Though my framework snaps,
And my heart tears into pieces,
Though this ray be my last,
And I feel not this breeze again,
Though my breaths are numbered,
And my heart beats not again,
Though my sight dims away,
And voice trail in stammers,
While I yet clutch onto life,
Waiting death to take its toll,
Still, I'll live to enjoy my last,
And tell you in simple words,
That while I yet breath,
Loving you is never with regret,
For though goodbyes I leave you,
Let this tearstained sheet be your solace, that if I ever return from the afterlife, I'll still spend it with you.

Even if I cannot kiss you now,
Even if your hands be not my pillow,
Even if your tears cannot heal me,
My spirit is with you, my heart lies with you, and may my final words be one of victory, that while I lived, I was in love with an angel.

With love,
Your darling husband.

http://www.penplayer.com/the-power-of-death-3/
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by enoqueen: 2:40pm On May 25, 2015
cry cry cry

Nothing to say. The tears wouldn't stop cry
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 25, 2015
His breaths are numbered, his heart beats not again, his sight dims away, he is clutching to life. . . So, where did he find the strength to write down this long ass piece of _shit?!

Let's always keep it real. In a bid to be seen as romantic, we go overboard with bullshit fantasies that do not exist.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by naijaboiy: 2:55pm On May 25, 2015
^^ gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 3:45pm On May 25, 2015
Blackett:
His breaths are numbered, his heart beats not again, his sight dims away, he is clutching to life. . . So, where did he find the strength to write down this long ass piece of _shit?!

Let's always keep it real. In a bid to be seen as romantic, we go overboard with bullshit fantasies that do not exist.

Do you have a problem with English? grin Though, though, though, that's to say 'even if'. That's not to say his heart isn't beating! Though his heart beats not! Read contextually a beg.

Though' is a function of probabilities, not affirmations!
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 3:51pm On May 25, 2015
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 25, 2015
epelumi42:

Do you have a problem with English? grin Though, though, though, that's to say 'even if'. That's not to say his heart isn't beating! Though his heart beats not! Read contextually a beg.

Dumb fvck.

If his heart beats not, it means it's failing, or not at the normal functioning rate. So where did he get his strength to write?

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 3:55pm On May 25, 2015
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by xynerise: 3:56pm On May 25, 2015
If I were him, I would use the time in writing this letter to visit Iya Agbo Jedi Jedi across the street for treatment

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 4:01pm On May 25, 2015
Blackett:
Dumb fvck.

If his heart beats not, it means it's failing, or not at the normal functioning rate. So where did he get his strength to write?

mind swear words when speaking with me please. As much as I'd love to admit your criticism, I must say you are not doing it in a literary viewpoint. At the point of death, I do believe there's always a willpower which comes that gives the strength for a dying wish.

I repeat, 'even if' his strength fails doesn't necessarily mean his strength has failed! Even if his heart beats not, talks of a possible future action not a present thing. Simple!
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2015
xynerise:
If I were him, I would use the time in writing this letter to visit Iya Agbo Jedi Jedi across the street for treatment

Lol. grin grin
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 25, 2015
epelumi42:

mind swear words when speaking with me please. As much as I'd love to admit your criticism, I must say you are not doing it in a literary viewpoint. At the point of death, I do believe there's always a willpower which comes that gives the strength for a dying wish.

I repeat, 'even if' his strength fails doesn't mean his strength has failed! Even if his heart beats not, talks of a possible future action not a present thing. Simple!

Check your dictionary for the meaning of 'though' please.
You chat _shit as if you're the only one boasting literary prowess. Your description of this "dying" man doesn't fit. Accept that.

Your description of this dying man fits one who has no strength. A man with a failing heart, clutching on to life has more things to bother about, like looking for oxygen, not picking up a pen to write. You want your readers to believe what they are reading and stir their emotions, so, how the fvck do I get stirred when a man
who is supposed to be dying finds strength to write to a wife who doesn't give a fvck about him? Why wasn't she there? It would have sounded more romantic if she was there and hearing him struggle to say those things to her with his last breath.

If he was dying of a terminal disease, your description would fit, except of course when you went overboard with breaths numbered, sight dims away blah blah.

A good writer leaves no loopholes. If you believe will power comes at death, it's not with heart related conditions. Shortage of breath leaves you with no strength to pick up a fvcking pen, and actually writing.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 4:21pm On May 25, 2015
Blackett:
You chat _shit as if you're the only one boasting literary prowess. Your description of this "dying" man doesn't fit. Accept that.

Your description of this dying man fits one who has no strength. A man with a failing heart, clutching on to life has more things to bother about, like looking for oxygen, not picking up a pen to write. You want your readers to believe what they are reading and stir their emotions, so, how the fvck do I get stirred when a man
who is supposed to be dying finds strength to write to a wife who doesn't give a fvck about him? Why wasn't she there? It would have sounded more romantic if she was there and hearing him struggle to say those things to her with his last breath.

If he was dying of a terminal disease, your description would fit, except of course when you went overboard with breaths numbered, sight dims away blah blah.

A good writer leaves no loopholes. If you believe will power comes at death, it's not with heart related conditions. Shortage of breath leaves you with no strength to pick up a fvcking pen, and actually writing.

I never boasted of literary prowess, Blackett. I'm not good, because I left loopholes. Admitted. One thing you know is that everyone has a viewpoint, of stuff. I agree that the image you got of this did not tally with your predefined database of a dying man. I agree with your critical review, because that's just the reason I shared. Ive seen from your perspective and its logical enough.

Thanks.
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by sinizia: 5:22pm On May 25, 2015
Nice one, OP. I don't even get the criticism the OP is getting.

By Letter of a dying man to his wife, it doesn't mean the man is about to die as he's writing the letter. No-one can do such. This is poetry, it's letter writing, it involves the use of imaginations to carve out a masterpiece that can reach the farthest destinations of one's soul. What i read here is a letter of man who's destined sooner or later to die, and so picked up his pen or told someone to pen down the letter to his wife thanking her and appreciating her usefulness to him, and in retrospection thinking of what things he regrets doing or not doing. It doesn't mean the man was dying while writing that letter.

Great piece from the Epilumi42, keep it up.
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 5:32pm On May 25, 2015
sinizia:
Nice one, OP. I don't even get the criticism the OP is getting.

By Letter of a dying man to his wife, it doesn't mean the man is about to die as he's writing the letter. No-one can do such. This is poetry, it's letter writing, it involves the use of imaginations to carve out a masterpiece that can reach the farthest destinations of one's soul. What i read here is a letter of man who's destined sooner or later to die, and so picked up his pen or told someone to pen down the letter to his wife thanking her and appreciating her usefulness to him, and in retrospection thinking of what things he regrets doing or not doing. It doesn't mean the man was dying while writing that letter.

Great piece from the Epilumi42, keep it up.

Thanks. I'm glad you understood it. I couldn't disagree with Blackett simply for differing views. Weldone ma/sir...
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by mrbillz(m): 6:07pm On May 25, 2015
Keep it up op
Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 25, 2015
Blackett:

Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 25, 2015
epelumi42:

Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 25, 2015
Blackett:

yo dawg

Re: Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife by epelumi42(m): 9:24pm On May 25, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Who's Fault "Oga Or Maid?" / 13 Shocking Reasons Why Married Women Cheat / Question Of The Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.