Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP (17697 Views)

Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS / Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 25, 2015
omenka:
What has the PDP got to say about the state of the nation?? How did Jonathan meet it? How is he leaving it??

Such jokers.

Jonathan is not responsible for your stup1dity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by tivta(m): 10:16pm On May 25, 2015
I bet my right ball that apc will ask for a second chance after 4years forgetting nigerians only gave jonathan 5years to perform miracle. Can't wait to see who else apc will blame...

6 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Rotimi47: 10:16pm On May 25, 2015
PDP can lie more than lie itself! If their allegation is true why ain't PDP giving figures of debts state by state to justify their funny claim? The way they are trying to play opposition will easily put them into serious trouble because PDP claim might make APC publish all those things PDP have been hiding which may get several of their properties burnt by the masses as PDP have destroyed Nigeria's economy; if Jonathan have won another term, Nigeria will have turned into Burundi, Colombia or worse still Somalia. Facts speak for itself as okonjo minister of
finance said Jonathan administration is only owing over 20 billion dollars of the 68 billion dollars internal debt which have been since independence! That amount in 5 years!
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by nortcentrallord(m): 10:16pm On May 25, 2015
brixton:
Even pastors have become liars in APC, they say ' birds of the same feathers flock together'

Bad friends/comapnion corrupts good manners.

2 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by mbulela: 10:17pm On May 25, 2015
Metuh is a clown. He has been one since his childhood.
Is the Lagos state debt the reason why federal government is borrowing to fund recurrent expenditure?
Maybe he could also tell us that Lagos state almost emptied the external reserve with nothing to show for it?
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by 12345DKO(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2015
ndcide:
Pastor Osinbajor should watch it!

If he feels he can bandy words like Mr lai Mohammed and get away with it, he must be joking. People should advice him to back off, as he is not an everyday politician.

If he goes that route, he'll derail big time. Because Nigerians will be pointing out falsehood from his statements. as a pastor, he may have to be clearing the air. he shouldn't forget the Rehand bonkey's picture he posted as kano picture.

If a pastor is accused of malicious comments or outright lies, everyday because of politics, sorry that will be disastrous.

IS NIGERIA OWING $60 BILLION OR NOT AND IS LAGOS STATE NOT PART OF NIGERIA? IF THE V.P ELECT HAD SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED FG, THEN WE WOULD HAVE HAD GOOD GROUND TO FAULT HIM BUT HE SAID NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by tommykiwi(m): 10:19pm On May 25, 2015
Genius100:
Dumb PDP clowns. All Osinbajo said was that they were inheriting a debt profile of $60 billion which is true...
wat r U saying? Why did he not states dis fact we heard frm the pdp,because me av already concluded it was President Goodluck regime dat incurred the whole debt but now i knw the truth. There is no single truth in dis apchit party...hiss.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 25, 2015
Rotimi47:
PDP can lie more than lie itself! If their allegation is true why ain't PDP giving figures of debts state by state to justify their funny claim? The way they are trying to play opposition will easily put them into serious trouble because PDP claim might make APC publish all those things PDP have been hiding which may get several of their properties burnt by the masses as PDP have destroyed Nigeria's economy; if Jonathan have won another term, Nigeria will have turned into Burundi, Colombia or worse still Somalia. Facts speak for itself as okonjo minister of
finance said Jonathan administration is only owing over 20 billion dollars of the 68 billion dollars internal debt which have been since independence! That amount in 5 years!

The state's know themselves and there is no way they can hide it.

Do you recall that Rochas administration was barred by the CBN from getting more loans?

6 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by ocelot2006(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2015
chimsimdindu:
TILL U LEARN HOW TO TALK LIKE A MAN , UR NAME IS LISA METUH. THE 'O' REMAINS SUSPENDED TILL U TAKE THE CRASH COURSE SUGGESTED BY UNCLE LAI.

Abeg go shove your liar Mohammed course up your. Olisah Met uh is already doing a great job presenting every case with solid facts unlike that namr calling fool liar Mohammed who spews garbage like a broken sewer pipe

7 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by adoinem(f): 10:23pm On May 25, 2015
“Perhaps the Vice President-elect avoided the details so as not to expose the fact that the APC controlled Lagos state has both the highest external debt stock of $1,169, billion as well as the highest domestic debt stock of N278, 867 billion" - PDP.

It appears Olisa Metuh has got his figures all wrong! If entire national debt, both domestic and foreign, stands at $63 billion, how is possible that Lagos State has debt of $1,169 billion, which is 18.5 times national debt? Did this PDP man forget that electioneering is over?

It is also pointed out to PDP that APC will fulfill its promises, which PDP has ensured will be uphill tasks by bankrupting the country through corruption and looting of the treasury.

In any case, no in-coming governments anywhere fulfills all its campaign promises the very first month of assuming office. It takes time, which is compounded by the empty treasury being handed over.

It may take years unless there is a rapid recovery in the price of crude oil. No thanks to PDP and GEJ government.

3 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 25, 2015
mbulela:
Metuh is a clown. He has been one since his childhood.
Is the Lagos state debt the reason why federal government is borrowing to fund recurrent expenditure?
Maybe he could also tell us that Lagos state almost emptied the external reserve with nothing to show for it?

The only major source of funding the 2014 budget was crude sales.

In spite of the drop in pricing which was duly captured in the budget with the low benchmark do you know we had no market for our crude since Obama blocked US imports from us but increased importation from Saudi Arabia.

If you major revenue drops the only option we had was to dip into our savings.

Try and post wisely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Vado(m): 10:27pm On May 25, 2015
Now that the table is turned, PDP is going to be doing a whole lot of what APC did over the years. Tough criticism with zero breathing space, blackmailing and as well as character assasination.
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 25, 2015
adoinem:
“Perhaps the Vice President-elect avoided the details so as not to expose the fact that the APC controlled Lagos state has both the highest external debt stock of $1,169, billion as well as the highest domestic debt stock of N278, 867 billion" - PDP.

It appears Olisa Metuh has got his figures all wrong! If entire national debt, both domestic and foreign, stands at $63 billion, how is possible that Lagos State has debt of $1,169 billion, which is 18.5 times national debt? Did this PDP man forget that electioneering is over?

It is also pointed out to PDP that APC will fulfill its promises, which PDP has ensured will be uphill tasks by bankrupting the country through corruption and looting of the treasury.

In any case, no in-coming governments anywhere fulfills all its campaign promises the very first month of assuming office. It takes time, which is compounded by the empty treasury being handed over.

It may take years unless there is a rapid recovery in the price of crude oil. No thanks to PDP and GEJ government.

Subtract $26bn from the $63bn since Olisah rightly informed you that 26bn was inherited. So that leaves about a total debt incured during GEJ administration to about $37bn

So do the math again.

3 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by nortcentrallord(m): 10:29pm On May 25, 2015
utytill:
@Egift...,pls you believed that GEJ borrowed $61m in six years?then mismanaged ECA?i am not sure that a wise team player like you can take that to a bank.

Apc is like an evil spell. Even those who have brains loose it the mmt they begin to support it. Am not surprised though.

4 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 25, 2015
PDP - now playing the role of the opposition!
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by amakasul(f): 10:42pm On May 25, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The only major source of funding the 2014 budget was crude sales.

In spite of the drop in pricing which was duly captured in the budget with the low benchmark do you know we had no market for our crude since Obama blocked US imports from us but increased importation from Saudi Arabia.

If you major revenue drops the only option we had was to dip into our savings.

Try and post wisely.

Your post isn't too spot-on. America stopped importation of oil from Nigeria because of excess Shale gas/oil being produced in America. American crude oil production was almost 10 million barrels per day.

Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are waging economic warfare against Nigeria and other oil-producing countries by doing American bidding and over-producing.

However, America is not the only country in the world and Nigeria needs to source other markets, make strategic alliances and not depend on fair-weather friends like America.

Nigeria as a major mineral-rich country should have diversified its economy during the 16 years of PDP to cope with the up and down of oil prices but for mismanagement and corruption we are at this sorry state.

3 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Ojiofor: 10:43pm On May 25, 2015
Thieffnubu have really enslaved lagosians with huge debt,yet hypocrites are not calling for his probe or even his stooge(fashola)for milking lagos state wealth dry.

2 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by ahaz: 10:44pm On May 25, 2015
doublewisdom:
Una dey see? Na Apc states owe pass. I have always said it that APC is full of hypocrites, liars ,thieves and all the works . Thanks Mr Metuh for the clarification. Nigerians don enter one chance be that!
from what am seeing it seems pdp is ready to return fire for fire bomb for bomb. Metuh is right apc must pay that money they promised o it's a debt

3 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 25, 2015
amakasul:

Your post isn't too spot-on. America stopped importation of oil from Nigeria because of excess Shale gas/oil being produced in America. American crude oil production was almost 10 million barrels per day.

Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are waging economic warfare against Nigeria and other oil-producing countries by doing American bidding and over-producing.

However, America is not the only country in the world and Nigeria needs to source other markets, make strategic alliances and not depend on fair-weather friends like America.

Nigeria as a major mineral-rich country should have diversified its economy during the 16 years of PDP to cope with the up and down of oil prices but for mismanagement and corruption we are at this sorry state.

Not true. Shale oil had nothing to do with it rather Saudi pumped the market with too much oil in order to hurt Russia, Iran, Venezuela and Nigeria.

America's crude imports did not drop but the sources.

1 Like

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by aresa: 10:57pm On May 25, 2015
help3852:

Just listen to yourself.

How many countries do you know that have toll gates on roads.

You use tax payers money to build roads and in turn ask them to pay for using the roads, is that not madness.

Imagine Nigeria with toll gates everywhere.

Fashola claims he uses tax money for developing the state, where is the allocation and and why the debts since He's using Igr for development.

Bros you just don't know what you are defending

Start with FG Airport road in your own country and fees collected by your own FG.

...besides, stop asking silly questions because there are countless toll roads all over the world.
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by kinibigdeal(m): 10:57pm On May 25, 2015
I think is high time Nigerians understands a simple explanation. Most of the debt today are the combination of the money borrowed by the state and the central, we shouldnt just be blaming GEJ, Lagos and osun alone as accumulated serious debt which amount to that 63billion. Why not blame our governors claiming saint.

2 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by sunnyflakes(m): 11:06pm On May 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Deceitful PDP!

What did Osinbajo say that is wrong? Is Nigeria not indebted to the tune of $60 billions as a result of economic mismanagement?

Your defence that the states are equally owing does not exonerate FG from poor management of the economy since it's the same FG that approved all those borrowings (foreign).

And what did the FG do with its own share of the loan?

What did FG do with its huge share of the earnings from crude sale of above $100 per barrel?

How could the FG have been able to caution and shape reckless behaviour of state governments when itself is incapable of judicious management of resources?

PDP led federal government has been a CURSE to Nigeria.

Thank God we kicke. Nnld them out.

BROS I AGREE WITH YOU ONLY IF U BELIEVED DAT LAGOS EQUALLY CONTRIBUTED TO D MISMANAGEMENT OF THE ECONOMY.

.[size=8pt][/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Forwetinnah: 11:20pm On May 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Deceitful PDP!

What did Osinbajo say that is wrong? Is Nigeria not indebted to the tune of $60 billions as a result of economic mismanagement?

Your defence that the states are equally owing does not exonerate FG from poor management of the economy since it's the same FG that approved all those borrowings (foreign).

What did FG do with its huge share of the earnings from crude sale of above $100 per barrel?

How could the FG have been able to caution and shape reckless behaviour of state governments when itself is incapable of judicious management of resources?

Thank God we kicked them out.

The bolded is a compilation of All dept owed by past leaders including buhari. .Don't heap it all on GEJ. I really pity the people you lot are misleading on NL, I can see why your ancestor-elect is beginning to avoid some people in your party.

2 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Centurion13(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2015
doublewisdom:
Una dey see? Na Apc states owe pass. I have always said it that APC is full of hypocrites, liars ,thieves and all the works . Thanks Mr Metuh for the clarification. Nigerians don enter one chance be that!

It is obviously so, because APC states are the most developed states. They've got something to show for the debt profile.
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Forwetinnah: 11:28pm On May 25, 2015
Centurion13:

It is obviously so, because APC states are the most developed states. They've got something to show for the debt profile.

Someone just fell from space grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by help3852: 11:43pm On May 25, 2015
aresa:

Start with FG Airport road in your own country and fees collected by your own FG.

...besides, stop asking silly questions because there are countless toll roads all over the world.
Young Yoruba fool, stop tracking me, or quoting me i was not talking to you.

If you track my phone number again, you will regret it.

Does track my phone number include in the job your pay master gave to you.

3 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by aresa: 11:50pm On May 25, 2015
Forwetinnah:

The bolded is a compilation of All depth owed by past leaders including buhari. .Don't heap it all on GEJ. I really pity the people you lot are misleading on NL, I can see why your ancestor-elect is beginning to avoid some people in your party.

The man did not say anything about Jonathan, he basically stated our debt.

Your problem us guilty conscience and paranoia.
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 25, 2015
Isn't it ironic that PDP controlled the Federal and tody they have the highest external debt possibly internal too. ...a case of kettle calling pot black ...lol..
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by aresa: 11:52pm On May 25, 2015
[s]
help3852:

Young Yoruba fool, stop tracking me, or quoting me i was not talking to you.

If you track my phone number again, you will regret it.

Does track my phone number include in the job your pay master gave to you.
[/s]

Clueless and unintelligent internet troll. When you say dumb and idiotic rubbish on the internet & you get lectured by people like me.
Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by anwo247: 11:58pm On May 25, 2015
I've said it times without numbers.

I will remain with PDP. This APC are all liars and act as sharia people.

They are angry when you disagree with them. They hoped to rig all the states for themselves turning Nigeria to one party state.

#Lubbish APC

3 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by sanniabiola(m): 12:00am On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:
Deceitful PDP!

Thank God we kicked them out.
Olodo, simple English, he cannot understand. Must you show the world your predicament. Oju e a ja

2 Likes

Re: APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP by help3852: 12:04am On May 26, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Clueless and unintelligent internet troll. When you say dumb and idiotic rubbish on the internet & you get lectured by people like me.
Keep quoting me troll, i don't have your time, you are just doing your pay masters bidding.

Tell them that the way they are going that they are only postponing domes day.

Tinubu's robot will quote me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha / Presidency: Don’t Ruin South East Chances, Ohanaeze Begs IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.