Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Help With Vista Wahala - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Vista Wahala (1016 Views)

Installing Wamp Server On Vista, Window7 Video Tutorial / How Do You Elevate Privileges On Vista At Runtime / I Use Open App.path & "file.txt" For Output As #1 But Wasnt Working In Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Vista Wahala by solomon201(m): 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2009
Guys i got this laptop from someone as second had with vista on it the problem is that i cant save anything on the system it tell me access not granted ask permission from admin and there is just one account on the pc. how do i get this solved? plz guyz help
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2009
Vista has this boring UAC prompt you can either disable it or same ur file on the desktop (u will always be able to save to desktop, but not in the programs folder), then copy it to the folder you want

to disable User account control, go to control panel, user accounts, turn user account control on or off.
if u still cant save, check ur task manager, is it greyed out, then u probably have a virus.
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by jacob05(m): 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
Best solution !!! {That was what i was thinking grin}
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by jacob05(m): 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2009
Best solution !!! {That was what i was thinking grin}
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by logica(m): 1:14am On Feb 17, 2009
well, if it's not a stolen computer, why can't u ask for the admin password?
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
he is logged on with admin privileges but still getting that error.
vista wahala
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by nitation(m): 10:49pm On Feb 19, 2009
@webdezzi

Kindly explain to the poster that your solution is temporary. You have actually exposed their a** to the world by advising that UAC should be disabled. There are more stuff to regarding UAC. Do not disable without having a proper knowledge. I don't intend to get into details now. Google it and you will be well informed!

My 2 cent
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2009
Yea Nitation, as usual, ITK, why not explain so that we can learn.

Read my post, i gave 2 options, he will get the necessary warning while trying to disable UAC brov.

Why not go into the details, same reason i didn't want to go thru the details
and if u av ur firewall and antivirus updated. so what is it huh!

does xp have UAC? if it doesn't that means our a**es has been opened 2 the world all these while.
sounding like u were part of the vista development team.
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by nitation(m): 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2009
@webdezzi

No one is an ITK here. You don't know this stuff, just admit and allow the flow to continue. Like I always tell you, I am not on NL to front muscles or show my packs. If you fail to accept the fact that you are not a top gunner, then you will eat a di*k and feed the prawn.

You 're advising a user to disable UAC on his machine without pointing the possible threats. You also didn't proffer a solution on the best internet suite to purchase, then you seeing me as an ITK. What sort of a tutor you be

Dude, you better wise up and roll with the elites.
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by logica(m): 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
he is clearly not logged in with admin rights otherwise he wouldn't get that error. most likely the person he got the computer from deleted the admin profile in trying to remove all personal details, or the admin profile is hidden.
Re: Help With Vista Wahala by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2009
nitation:

@webdezzi

No one is an ITK here. You don't know this stuff, just admit and allow the flow to continue. Like I always tell you, I am not on NL to front muscles or show my packs. If you fail to accept the fact that you are not a top gunner, then you will eat a di*k and feed the prawn.

You 're advising a user to disable UAC on his machine without pointing the possible threats.
You also didn't proffer a solution on the best internet suite to purchase, then you seeing me as an ITK. What sort of a tutor you be

Dude, you better wise up and roll with the elites.

I did not come here as "I know it all", you did. I provided a solution to a problem lying here for 6 days, You know all but could not provide a solution to the problem, even up till now, no solution from a pro like you.

Windows vista is a failed project TO ME, imagine a crack to MS office shipped with my laptop is changing just a line in a text file from "neverInstall" to "AlwaysInstall"
that means a lot. XP has no UAC, so does that mean our a** has been exposed this while? you did not reason about that.

Honestly, Internet suite to use? I admit, I know nothing in that regard, Please educate me on this. Which is the best and why elites are using it.
I will also like to have a link to the tutorials you have written so others can learn. Some here share their problem so that others can learn.

My advice for you:
We are all learners, If you feel there is something i am not getting right with the tutorials i am giving, Then why not chip in the same way DHTML does, We are all learner dude!

logica:

he is clearly not logged in with admin rights otherwise he wouldn't get that error. most likely the person he got the computer from deleted the admin profile in trying to remove all personal details, or the admin profile is hidden.

I have experienced this on my former hp530, you check the accounts, it tells u, you are an administrator but still get that error.
the truth is that there are actually 2 administrators on Vista, the first one is hidden, the other one is the one you created when initializing Vista.

(1) (Reply)

Iroko To 'SPARK' Nigerian Startups / . / Programming Languages Usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.