Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Very Very Urgent. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Very Very Urgent. (1135 Views)

A Very Urgent And Lucretive Loan Deal!! / MMM Participants Needs Urgent Advice..very Urgent!! / Very Urgent Investment Needed For Quick Business Deal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Very Urgent. by dexy007(m): 8:49am On May 26, 2015
Pls, I need urgent responses, since last week saturday there hasn't been power here in garki district of Abuja, only for power to be restored early this morning.

To my amazement, I found it kind of weird when I remembered my ceiling fan was set to the lowest and happens to be functioning as if it's been set to the highest.

I quickly rushed out of my room only to discover the following:

1. My LG LED TV of about 120k was only producing audio, visual was static.
2. My LG microwave was in smoke.
3. My light bulbs and fluorescents all burnt.
4. My phones (BlackBerry Q10 & fLG-E615) all refused coming up.
5. My phone chargers all burnt.
6. My decoders (DSTV & QTV) all burnt.
7. While rushing to cut off power, my QTV adaptor and BlackBerry charger exploded in my face)

Pls my question is this, who do I go to? who should be held responsible? Who are to be held culpable for all these losses?

I am so confused right now, the only properties not affected were the 3 split A.C's that were off and the electric water heater which was on but wasn't affected, don't know how.

What do I DO?
Re: Very Very Urgent. by Holatunde007(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2015
Sure blame GEJ for this
I wonder y u would put all this ON while there wasn't electricity frm the past few days
Lair
Re: Very Very Urgent. by Nobody: 9:01am On May 26, 2015
Go and enter lagoon.
Re: Very Very Urgent. by dexy007(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2015
Holatunde007:
Sure blame GEJ for this
I wonder y u would put all this ON while there wasn't electricity frm the past few days
Lair

Haba, forgot to mention I have been running on generator all this while, the male house help noticed the indicator was on, happily changed over and went back to bed!

If u observed carefully, I pointed out the fan wasn't suppose to be that high.

At the embolden, need I say more.
Re: Very Very Urgent. by Holatunde007(m): 9:37am On May 26, 2015
dexy007:

Haba, forgot to mention I have been running on generator all this while, the male house help noticed the indicator was on, happily changed over and went back to bed!

Sorry I tot u r those dumb ass that won't stop blaming the fullish GEJ for everything that happens u their life......btw help me cancel the Bolded part Lair[b]
dexy007:

Sorry I tot u r those dumb ass that won't stop blaming the fullish GEJ for everything that happens u their life......btw help me cancel the Bolded part Lair[/b]
dexy007:

Sorry I tot u r those dumb ass that won't stop blaming the fullish GEJ for everything that happens u their life......btw help me cancel the Bolded part Lair
Re: Very Very Urgent. by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 26, 2015
[quote author=dexy007 post=34101073]Pls, I need urgent responses, since last week saturday there hasn't been power here in garki district of Abuja, only for power to be restored early this morning.

To my amazement, I found it kind of weird when I remembered my ceiling fan was set to the lowest and happens to be functioning as if it's been set to the highest.

I quickly rushed out of my room only to discover the following:

1. My LG LED TV of about 120k was only producing audio, visual was static.
2. My LG microwave was in smoke.

3. My light bulbs and fluorescents all burnt.
4. My phones (BlackBerry Q10 & fLG-E615) all refused coming up.
5. My phone chargers all burnt.
6. My decoders (DSTV & QTV) all burnt.
7. While rushing to cut off power, my QTV adaptor and BlackBerry charger exploded in my face)

Pls my question is this, who do I go to? who should be held responsible? Who are to be held culpable for all these losses?

I am so confused right now, the only properties not affected were the 3 split A.C's that were off and the electric water heater which was on but wasn't affected, don't know how.

What do I DO?[/quote

In countries like the US where the rule of law is observed, you will be able to sue the electric company as long as there are proofs of the damages
You could as well recover from the insurance company via home owners insurance but not sure if this is the case in Nigeria. Besides you will face contributory negligence because you were supposed to turn those appliances off before the change over to guide against damage from power surge
This is a lesson to you and others. If you are not insured and if there are insurance products for such things, go get one for the future

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Start Importation Biz? / Is Only In Aimglobal You Make #91,200 Per Day. Uyo We Come / 101 Solutions To Your Money Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.