Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One (40516 Views)

Save Money This Xmas!!! Swap Your Old Phone With New Phone / 800 Years Old Phone Discovered In Austria Gives Proof Of Ancient Civilization / Why Don't You Swap Your Old Phone For A Brand New One With MTN Trade-in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 10:22am On May 26, 2015
Exchange your old phone for a new one in slot

The Slot trade-in is currently on in all the stores in Lagos, Abuja, Abeokuta and PortHarcourt

How it Works:
You simply bring in your old phone to any of the stores and present it to a Matrix (Matrix is the company SLOT is partnering with to make this happen) Rep, fill a form to tell the phone's present state.
The Rep inspects it and values it.
If the price is okay by you, you get a voucher for that amount.
Then you add some more money to what you have on the voucher to get a new one

I hope they won't price my phone for 2k5?
Well, they didn't disclose how they will arrive at the values for the phones, but phones such as the iPhone 5 (working one) will get a minimum value of N65,000 while BlackBerry Passport will be N75,000.

Find out more about the SLOT Buy-Back here

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Holatunde007(m): 10:43am On May 26, 2015
How much will my 3month Bold 5 cost then?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 11:40am On May 26, 2015
Holatunde007:
How much will my 3month Bold 5 cost then?

Unfortunately, they didn't disclose for Bold 5. You may just walk in to any of their stores to find out. If the price is not good enough for you, you walk away.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 26, 2015
Nice concept.
I will retrieve all my old phones.
Please op, do they accept chinko phones?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:15pm On May 26, 2015
chidyhels:
Nice concept.
I will retrieve all my old phones.
Please op, do they accept chinko phones?

grin Well, they said all phone brands. I don't know if chinko qualifies as "all phone brands" though. U fit try sha.

4 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Macmilla(m): 2:11pm On May 26, 2015
psalmyY:

The Slot trade-in is currently on in all the stores in Lagos, Abuja, Abeokuta and PortHarcourt

How it Works:
You simply bring in your old phone to any of the stores and present it to a Matrix (Matrix is the company SLOT is partnering with to make this happen) Rep, fill a form to tell the phone's present state.

Well, they didn't disclose how they will arrive at the values for the phones, but phones such as the iPhone 5 (working one) will get a minimum value of N65,000 while BlackBerry Passport will be N75,000.

Why is this service not available in the slot shop in Asaba?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by simplex2: 2:40pm On May 26, 2015
Same SLOT in Marina?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by agoro2u: 4:41pm On May 26, 2015
Do they have office in Kaduna ? I wanna give it a try
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by CoCoLav(f): 5:39pm On May 26, 2015
Do they accept techno?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 26, 2015
Same SLOT in OJO ALABA ?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Chuksgeo: 6:33pm On May 26, 2015
Interesting, I must say!

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by oluemmakay(m): 6:36pm On May 26, 2015
I wish to be part of it... Is it any branch of SLOT in Lagos or some specific branches??
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by yomalex(m): 6:51pm On May 26, 2015
This is a good innovation but wait what will they do with the old phones? Refurbish and Resell? just thinking

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by cozy7(m): 6:58pm On May 26, 2015
psalmyY:

grin Well, they said all phone brands. I don't know if chinko qualifies as "all phone brands" though. U fit try sha.
All phone brands? U went to SLOT at Alaba international to swap my LG phone n a lady (LG stand attendant), said they don't do LG. Is that true or false?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Jochebed7(f): 8:16pm On May 26, 2015
does it apply if you didn't buy the fone at slot?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by eightsin(m): 8:20pm On May 26, 2015
Is slot enugu included? I wanna swap my z10 I bought from them last year to z30.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Mrbee21(m): 8:53pm On May 26, 2015
how much do u think samsung GT N-8000,would cost i hv used it for 2yrs nw
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Mrbee21(m): 8:55pm On May 26, 2015
Do they hv branch in umuahia
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:15am On May 27, 2015
simplex2:
Same SLOT in Marina?

They actually said all their stores in Lagos, Abeokuta, Port Harcourt and Abuja
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:16am On May 27, 2015
agoro2u:
Do they have office in Kaduna ? I wanna give it a try

Only Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Abeokuta for now.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:16am On May 27, 2015
CoCoLav:
Do they accept techno?

Give it a try. They said all phone brands
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:17am On May 27, 2015
oluemmakay:
I wish to be part of it... Is it any branch of SLOT in Lagos or some specific branches??

They said every branch in Lagos
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:19am On May 27, 2015
yomalex:
This is a good innovation but wait what will they do with the old phones? Refurbish and Resell? just thinking

Matrix will actually resell them as used phones

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:23am On May 27, 2015
cozy7:
All phone brands? U went to SLOT at Alaba international to swap my LG phone n a lady (LG stand attendant), said they don't do LG. Is that true or false?

They actually said it works for all phone brands. When next, ask for their Matrix Rep or SLOT Engineer.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:23am On May 27, 2015
Jochebed7:
does it apply if you didn't buy the fone at slot?

Yes it does, even phones from their competitors. it doesn't matter.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:24am On May 27, 2015
eightsin:
Is slot enugu included? I wanna swap my z10 I bought from them last year to z30.

Not in Enugu yet.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:25am On May 27, 2015
Mrbee21:
how much do u think samsung GT N-8000,would cost i hv used it for 2yrs nw

Sorry, I don't have that answer. I even tried to find out what the price for a particular phone would be but SLOT said they couldn't tell, only the Matrix Rep could do the valuation.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:29am On May 27, 2015
Mrbee21:
Do they hv branch in umuahia

I really don't know if they have a shop in Umuahia, but I know the Trade-In is not available in Abia yet.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by DeeOneBangin: 8:50am On May 28, 2015
Does this work irrespective of the fact that the phone u wanna trade in doesn't have a receipt and the phone wasn't bought from Slot initially.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 9:18am On May 28, 2015
DeeOneBangin:
Does this work irrespective of the fact that the phone u wanna trade in doesn't have a receipt and the phone wasn't bought from Slot initially.

It doesn't matter if it wasn't bought from SLOT, but it matters that it doesn't have a receipt. You need to have a receipt for the phone to do this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Nobody: 9:54am On May 28, 2015
psalmyY:

How it Works:

Pls, can i swap two old phones for one?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infinix Hot S X521 Quick Unboxing & First Impression / How To Get Free Internet By Dialing *#*#4636#*#* (updated) / How Do I Download Whatsapp For My Itel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.