Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043669 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
IELTS General
LSRW 8.5, 7, 7, 6.5
This is really poor cos its even 0 points...Kai. Anyway on to PTE. I'll use this one for EA assessment. PTE for points grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
Dodie5:
Thanks everyone for the contribution and the knowledge that has been passed across on this thread. I'm a 26 year old graduate of biochemistry.
I have a 4 year work experience in a federal hospital and I'm planning on applying for PR(subclass 190). I want to do my advisory assessment next week with vetasses but i discovered that most state/territory do not have a need for a biochemist.
I would be grateful if someone could advise me on an occupation that I could choose that would still be related to biochemistry as biochemistry seems difficult to get in most territory. Thanks in advance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peleson: 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
peleson:
Good-day good people, I have followed this thread for a long time and I'm proud of all the contributions from the gurus.
My queries are as follows:
I have a degree in Elect/Elect Engr. 2013. Work experience:
Procurement,cost survey,purchasing logistics. All in maritime and oil and gas.
Company is own by me as an entrepreneur. Sometimes I went to offshore to deliver supplies, advice on some technical equipment and also designed Ship logbooks for oil tankers in Nigeria.
I was running these things and in the process, I gained lots of operational experience in oil and gas.
I supplied and calibrated alots of flowmeters in various oil tanker vessels in nigeria waters(outsidebar). Went with choppers and sometimes flying boats! I have all the necessary permits and mandatory to work in the sea/ship. E.g safety/mandatory cert., marine/seafearers int'l passport, Advanced Diploma in Shipping, port administration and management.unilag. I'm a fellow Nigeria Maritime Researchers and Member Nigeria Shippers Council.
I have managed men and women who worked for me whenever I had jobs. However,when the project finished, everybody would leave.
Money are being paid directly to the company's account controlled by me from the oil companies I serviced. However, this trend died down due to oil crash!
I Got a job in a trading company thereafter as a supervisory manager(warehouse supervisor), I did the job for 9months and left because the pay was little. Now I'm about starting a moderate job with a marine company as a business developer..more or less using my experience to help get jobs and maintain relationships with bigger and firms of their interest.
Now my paradox!
Looking at all these explanations, one can tell that I v worked outside my area of study in Elect/Elect degree.
Applying for a PR 189 in Australia is my target.
Pls house and my beautiful people,help me get answers. How can I present my case to be assessed by EA.

I have crazy experienced within couple of years that I have to impact on some who have been in the field for over 10yrs.
Please advice!
Pls somebody should assist me here and analyse my condition
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peleson: 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
Swimgood:

Lol you funny no be small
Prince pls answer me and she'd light to this my post

Good-day good people, I have followed this thread for a long time and I'm proud of all the contributions from the gurus.
Company is own by me as an entrepreneur. Sometimes I went to offshore to deliver supplies, advice on some technical equipment and also designed Ship logbooks for oil tankers in Nigeria.
I was running these things and in the process, I gained lots of operational experience in oil and gas.
I supplied and calibrated alots of flowmeters in various oil tanker vessels in nigeria waters(outsidebar). Went with choppers and sometimes flying boats! I have all the necessary permits and mandatory to work in the sea/ship. E.g safety/mandatory cert., marine/seafearers int'l passport, Advanced Diploma in Shipping, port administration and management.unilag. I'm a fellow Nigeria Maritime Researchers and Member Nigeria Shippers Council.
I have managed men and women who worked for me whenever I had jobs. However,when the project finished, everybody would leave.
Money are being paid directly to the company's account controlled by me from the oil companies I serviced. However, this trend died down due to oil crash!
I Got a job in a trading company thereafter as a supervisory manager(warehouse supervisor), I did the job for 9months and left because the pay was little. Now I'm about starting a moderate job with a marine company as a business developer..more or less using my experience to help get jobs and maintain relationships with bigger and firms of their interest.
Now my paradox!
Looking at all these explanations, one can tell that I v worked outside my area of study in Elect/Elect degree.
Pls house and my beautiful people,help me get answers. How can I present my case to be assessed by EA.

I have crazy experienced within couple of years that I have to impact on some who have been in the field for over 10yrs.
Please advice!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lodded(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hello..pls who are dos going to Flinders university for June intake in d building.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
meekmk:
Respect to everyone who has contributed their time and wealth of knowledge to this thread , I'm sure its really appreciated.
I have a number of questions and things i'm quite confused about and would need help with, regarding work/study/living in australia.

I turned 23 in February this year, I have a BA Philosophy from Lagos State University, I've been running a transport business since then, and also in between my NYSC. I recently applied and got an offer from Edith Cowan University to study Human resource management,
this course requires first a 4 month course from ECU/PIBT, Before moving on to start the masters itself fully, with this i would've had to spend about 2.4 years in Aussie.

My agent makes everything seem all fine and dandy, but I'm scared, mainly because I know Human Resource Management isn't on this SOL list, My course would be about 50k plus AUD in total, and I have saved my complete tuition for my duration already. All i need to save for now would be my feeding and accomodation also.

Now my problem is, What should I do, I know nothing about Australia, their immigration and the others, I don't want to commit and find out that i could've done something better of followed another route, But i would really love to stay and work in Australia, and after 3 years working, I would love to also get an MBA, part time maybe. Please any help would be Highly appreciated

and also
Would my background with a BA in Philosophy be a problem, even though it makes me a much more critical and analytical person?
Also, Is my age too small
Also any general advice and recommendations would be appreciated
Do I need to practice and take the IETLS also, even though my school doesnt need it?
Also If I'm taking it, Do i need to practice?

I know my questions are a bit much, But I would appreciate a comprehensive answer and explanation also. Thanks a great deal everyone for your Time.. Perth( I'm on the way) Heeeheee...

Timi.
Since you know your course is not on the list, why then do you still want to go for it? Well, I wouldn't close my eyes to see you make such horrible mistake. My advise will be you should consider a course that is on the list and do not require experience for an assessment. This has been emphasised over and over again but I still don't know why people keep making same mistake. Go for MSc Social Works-qualifying, it does not require experience. After the program, you are ready for your PR once you get your points. If you do, you will come back to thank me greatly that is provided you take that step.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
peleson:

Prince pls answer me and she'd light to this my post

Now my paradox!

Please advice!
You are lucky in the sense that your degree can be assessed without an experience. You are eligible for PR but then you just need to gather the required points. There is no two ways about that. So, you have strong hope.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
chuckdee13:
IELTS General
LSRW 8.5, 7, 7, 6.5
This is really poor cos its even 0 points...Kai. Anyway on to PTE. I'll use this one for EA assessment. PTE for points grin
Where did you get 6.5? If you got that in either W or S, you can call for remark while you try PTE. If you eventually get extra points, your money will be refunded.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
7Alexander:

Hi, bro. I'm having a little issue which I need answers to.
I want to apply for 189 visa, the problem is that I have no relevant qualification for the skill I'm applying for, but I have experience. I hold a B.Sc in political science and also a P.G in Customer Relationship Management, but I have about 4years teaching experience (its actually one year, but this can be fixed, my mom owns a school), so I want to go with teaching as its on the SOL list.
My problem is if my lack of qualification in the profession will be a problem.
Secondly, my educational qualifications and ACTUAL experience qualifies me for the Customer Relationship Manager profession, but it is just on the CSOL list, this means I will have to wait to be nominated, and the process maybe cumbersome.
Please what do you suggest I do? And again do i need to take the IELTS exam? Justwise, bellong
NNBB2012 awoononi

Looking at your profile, it is clear that your qualifications do not match with your experience. It is really unfortunate and as such none of the two occupations you are interested in will fly. The reason being that you need at least one year of experience to be assessed by VETASSESS as a Customer Service Manager occupations with enough proofs that you really worked in that occupation. Teaching in Australia is highly regulated profession and such you need qualification relevant to education degree and some cases you need registration or licence. I'm afraid none of this will fly. Your best chance is to go for a MSc in any course that will lead to a positive assessment and once you scale through hurdle of PR , you can then decide to do whatever you like.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 4:44am On Mar 22, 2016
Hello NNBB2012 I left u a pm
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 5:47am On Mar 22, 2016
This NNBB2012 and his Frank analysis sef.... In fact you are too.much.... grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adim02: 5:49am On Mar 22, 2016
NNBB2012:

Since you know your course is not on the list, why then do you still want to go for it? Well, I wouldn't close my eyes to see you make such horrible mistake. My advise will be you should consider a course that is on the list and do not require experience for an assessment. This has been emphasised over and over again but I still don't know why people keep making same mistake. Go for MSc Social Works-qualifying, it does not require experience. After the program, you are ready for your PR once you get your points. If you do, you will come back to thank me greatly that is provided you take that step.

@my oga meekmk just check csol you see human resources manager,which Australian institute of management is the assessing body.perth is in western australia study in regional area just one or two years working experience you need for your pr.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peleson: 9:03am On Mar 22, 2016
NNBB2012:

You are lucky in the sense that your degree can be assessed without an experience. You are eligible for PR but then you just need to gather the required points. There is no two ways about that. So, you have strong hope.
wow!pls break it down for me, where and how to get the points! What may be required. Again do I need to add my experience which ofcos is outside my course of study as an entrepreneur to it? Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2016
When is your program start date?

awoononi:
Hello everyone, landed in Perth some hours ago, waiting for my connecting flight to Sydney. Everyone seems nice and laid back here. Later folks.
My OSHC starts tomorrow and I landed in Australia today, no use my case do example o. grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:31am On Mar 22, 2016
I got the 6.5 in writing...though a remark wont really help cos I got & in reading and speaking. but getting a refund if I'm awarded extra marks sounds tempting. do I need to pay for a remark?
NNBB2012:

Where did you get 6.5? If you got that in either W or S, you can call for remark while you try PTE. If you eventually get extra points, your money will be refunded.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:42am On Mar 22, 2016
chuckdee13:
I got the 6.5 in writing...though a remark wont really help cos I got & in reading and speaking. but getting a refund if I'm awarded extra marks sounds tempting. do I need to pay for a remark?
If you got 6.5 in writing, then you can apply for a remark. Of course, you will pay but if you eventually get an extra 0.5 your money will be refunded.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 11:49am On Mar 22, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 11:51am On Mar 22, 2016
NNBB2012:

Oga @NNBB2012, I salute you sir, I sent you mail please your advice is highly needed. Thanks!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:52am On Mar 22, 2016
TempusQ:

Oga @NNBB2012, I salute you sir, I sent you mail please your advice is highly needed. Thanks!

Yes, I just replied you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmk(m): 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
adim02:

@my oga meekmk just check csol you see human resources manager,which Australian institute of management is the assessing body.perth is in western australia study in regional area just one or two years working experience you need for your pr.

Thanks sir..... Understand but not fully.. Are you saying to be able to use the csol I need to study in another region of Australia. Or western Australia is okay so far I work there.. Also I would need to take the assessment certificate course from AIM also right..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmk(m): 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
NNBB2012:

Since you know your course is not on the list, why then do you still want to go for it? Well, I wouldn't close my eyes to see you make such horrible mistake. My advise will be you should consider a course that is on the list and do not require experience for an assessment. This has been emphasised over and over again but I still don't know why people keep making same mistake. Go for MSc Social Works-qualifying, it does not require experience. After the program, you are ready for your PR once you get your points. If you do, you will come bprovided you take that step.

Thanks for your help.. But that would mean. I might have to be a social worker right?.. I checked again and human resource management is on the csol list.. And it's assessed by AIM AUSTRAlia. What would be the implication of that for me?
Also ECU didn't require IELTS so I didn't take it.. Implication of that also..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
ok thanks for the info...I have 2 questions if u dont mind; can I use this result as it is for EA and what will be refunded to be if I get extra marks, the remark cost or the entire initial cost?
thanks for your response.
NNBB2012:

If you got 6.5 in writing, then you can apply for a remark. Of course, you will pay but if you eventually get an extra 0.5 your money will be refunded.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pristine88: 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
GodsClan:

I am o

What area are you?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
Thanks sir!
NNBB2012:

Yes, I just replied you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
Oga! I'm sorry to interfere, I think you already know the answer to your question. Or do you think they'll refund you the entire initial cost? Just because you extra marks? Ah haba nah!

It's only the remark cost they'll refund you. And yes you can use it for EA assessment.

Good luck...

chuckdee13:
ok thanks for the info...I have 2 questions if u dont mind; can I use this result as it is for EA and what will be refunded to be if I get extra marks, the remark cost or the entire initial cost?
thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
ur not interfering, ur contribution is welcome. I didnt even know about the whole refund so I dont know what exactly will be refunded...n I wanted to be sure I could use it for EA cos I cant use it for points n NNBB2012 talked about a remark so I needed to clarify.
Thanks for the clarification.
TempusQ:
Oga! I'm sorry to interfere, I think you already know the answer to your question. Or do you think they'll refund you the entire initial cost? Just because you extra marks? Ah haba nah!

It's only the remark cost they'll refund you. And yes you can use it for EA assessment.

Good luck...

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oknee: 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
chuckdee13:
ur not interfering, ur contribution is welcome. I didnt even know about the whole refund so I dont know what exactly will be refunded...n I wanted to be sure I could use it for EA cos I cant use it for points n NNBB2012 talked about a remark so I needed to clarify.
Thanks for the clarification.

If you are applying for remark, then you can't use it until you get the final report.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hello house.

I thank everyone who ve been making input on this thread. Infact I ve learnt a lot here.

I have one question pls.

I ve kicked off my admission process with Charles Sturt university Melbourne as I have already forward the requested documents to my agent.

If am offered admission, pls how do I pay the school fees.
Am I to take the stipulated sum to a Nigeria bank nd pay directly to the school's account?

Can I also verify the account and admission status from the school just to be sure the admission is real.
My reason of asking is Cus am using the service of an agent whom I haven't met but was refered to.
My parents have been asking hope it's real, hope it's not 419. Well i won't blame them as I was recently scammed while processing Canadian Visa.
This is already creating dusturbance in my mind.

Pls help.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by awoononi(m): 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
TempusQ:
When is your program start date?

21/03/2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jukeblam(m): 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
chuckdee13:
ur not interfering, ur contribution is welcome

You could use the IELTS to apply for EA assessment right away, while you register and take the PTE-A.
In the time taken to wait for the IELTS re-marked result (about 6 weeks or more), you would have gotten your EA assessment completed via fast-track, EOI submitted and maybe invitation received even.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
Stanleyelege:
Hello house.

I thank everyone who ve been making input on this thread. Infact I ve learnt a lot here.

I have one question pls.

I ve kicked off my admission process with Charles Sturt university Melbourne as I have already forward the requested documents to my agent.

If am offered admission, pls how do I pay the school fees.
Am I to take the stipulated sum to a Nigeria bank nd pay directly to the school's account?

Can I also verify the account and admission status from the school just to be sure the admission is real.
My reason of asking is Cus am using the service of an agent whom I haven't met but was refered to.
My parents have been asking hope it's real, hope it's not 419. Well i won't blame them as I was recently scammed while processing Canadian Visa.
This is already creating dusturbance in my mind.

Pls help.

Hello, After you are given an offer from the school, you will be notified directly by the school or in some cases your agent will send your offer letter to your mail.

Your agent has no business with handling your fees, it's your sole responsibility to see that you send your fees across to the school.

The school will state the mediums through which you can pay your fees on the offer letter. The most common is through the Western Union Business Solution. Here, you will generate a payment invoice sort of, from a global pay link from the school website (or link provided in your offer letter). The sum stated on the invoice will be what you will use to fill your Form A with your bank. Hence fund your bank account sufficiently (equivalence of dollar to naira ~197/$).

Cheers.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.