Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043540 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hordunayodt: 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
Good day ,pls can anyone share me the PRE thread link on nairaland? Need to get some info and documents.thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Franzeez(m): 1:02am On Apr 03, 2016
Hi family,

At last after the wait and wait and wait, I have my grant. Is anyone in Canberra here? I will be hitting Sydney on Thursday? Anyone wants to pick me up?

The wait was long and tiring. But it is over.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrkayodeoludare: 1:36am On Apr 03, 2016
Welldone bro...keep the good work going.
I have 1 questn tho'
If unfortunaetly one's degree is eventually assesses as an associate degree by vetasses etc, does one get any points for that?

NNBB2012:

Sincerely, this is a good relief for prospective applicants. Personally, I think it has to do with the University in question. Some Universities in Nigeria are treated differently from others in Australia. I have seen Economics from Ekpoma given an asscoate degree whereas Economics from UI given Bachelor degree. So, I won't be surprise if someone else gets negative outcome with only first degree.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by benefe: 3:48am On Apr 03, 2016
malkinburg:

Yes there are a few people known who have passed through the route, and others like me who are midway and on track to getting there before graduation. What do you want to know?
Just sent you a pm. Tanx
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 4:46am On Apr 03, 2016
The link pmiller supplied doesn't work, who can help me with PTE material?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nanaman(m): 7:50am On Apr 03, 2016
Franzeez:
Hi family,

At last after the wait and wait and wait, I have my grant. Is anyone in Canberra here? I will be hitting Sydney on Thursday? Anyone wants to pick me up?

From one of your previous post, I quote

Travel / Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Franzeez(m): 2:57am On Nov 24, 2015
Mine was travelling from U.K to Lagos, without my Nigerian passport as a dual citizen, I only discovered when I checked my hand luggage upon touch down at MMIA that the Nigerian passport is not there, I had only my Australian passport, OMG I started sweating, even with my good and fluent Yoruba, and place of birth stated on my Australian passport the immigration were bent on deporting me to Australia. I begged and begged, brought out my laptop and showed them scanned copies of my Nigerian passport, omo dem no gree ooo, until I showed them money""

How old are you? Besides,who are you decieving ?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Palla: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2016
Franzeez:
Hi family,

congrats
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:
Welldone bro...keep the good work going.
I have 1 questn tho'
If unfortunaetly one's degree is eventually assesses as an associate degree by vetasses etc, does one get any points for that?

If that's what is required for the occupation, you will get 10points.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
You will get your polio vaccine in Fatayi-Williams ND it's directly behind Elephant House
Blitzenkreig66:

you can get Yellow card at Ports Health Authority near Airport Toll gate. Yellow building on the right. Go with your passport and 1000.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OmogeNG: 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
ada4all:

Please guru's in the house I need advise on this let me know if I need to travel to my uni

You will have to. Your uni will stamp and certify a copy of your certificate. You can send the certificate yourself, but your transcript has to be sent by the school. If you are lucky, you can plead with the person in charge of sending transcripts to include the certified copy of the certificate in the envelope, so you don't pay for courier twice.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Franzeez(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Thanks friends for your support, I have successfully booked my flight, I will arrive Sydney by 10:05am on Thursday. I really thank God for all, I will keep you all posted, be sure I will snap selfies of the whole journey.

Thanks all

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by magastefan: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
I got admission to study geosciences at macquarie for 1.5yrs and same course in UWA FOR 2YRS. Pls house which should I go for considering casual jobs in Sydney and Perth. Which was be easier to get casual jobs. @nibbs, scrollmeout, Jorgan and other gurus in the house..... I nid ur help urgently.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ada4all: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
OmogeNG:

You will have to. Your uni will stamp and certify a copy of your certificate. You can send the certificate yourself, but your transcript has to be sent by the school. If you are lucky, you can plead with the person in charge of sending transcripts to include the certified copy of the certificate in the envelope, so you don't pay for courier twice.
thank you so much
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
lawland:
I know mate, but some people got downloaded materials...
https://www.nairaland.com/3013787/preparing-pte-get-here
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
magastefan:
I got admission to study geosciences at macquarie for 1.5yrs and same course in UWA FOR 2YRS. Pls house which should I go for considering casual jobs in Sydney and Perth. Which was be easier to get casual jobs. @nibbs, scrollmeout, Jorgan and other gurus in the house..... I nid ur help urgently.
if I am not mistaking, uwa is cheaper than Macquarie. Both cities have great job opportunities, whether Casual jobs/part-time or full time. Realistically, Sydney has more job opportunities and a higher cost of living compared to Perth.

If I were you, I would just go for the uwa offer since its 2 years, you can get more post study visa options after completing your studies compared to the 1.5 years Macquarie is offering you. That's if you plan on settling down in au after studies. You can also easily get a casual job in Perth. Most africans r there.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
magastefan:
I got an admission offer from macquarie to study masters geoscience for 1.5yrs,and UWA also offered me geosciences for 2yrs...please gurus in the house which one do I choose considering casual jobs while schooling... Please I need ur help urgently. Tenks
Go for the 2 years to improve your chance of getting a PR after the study
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
hordunayodt:
Good day ,pls can anyone share me the PRE thread link on nairaland? Need to get some info and documents.thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/3013787/preparing-pte-get-here
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Lagishan: 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
You have been quoted severally for your contradicting posts, you haven't responded to that.
Franzeez:
Thanks friends for your support, I have successfully booked my flight, I will arrive Sydney by 10:05am on Thursday. I really thank God for all, I will keep you all posted, be sure I will snap selfies of the whole journey.

Thanks all

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by humbleosazee: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pls house I need help on this, is it possible for me to get a masters degree admission in Australia without writing toefl?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lawland
The link posted by pmiller works...about two weeks ago I downloaded pte materials from there. It takes u to dropbox n u need to have an account to access it. I would have shared with u in case u have a dropbox account n still can't access it but mine is full n so I can't save anything in it anymore till I upgrade.
Please try the link again or mention Johnsontade to share his with u,its also thru dropbox.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
Franzeez:

Thanks all
which flight and price and how d u book it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weyabblog: 1:12am On Apr 04, 2016
NNBB2012 and other gurus pls reply.

from your last post

Experience of a Mathematician:
Tasks Include:

defining, analysing and solving complex financial and business problems relating to areas such as insurance premiums, annuities, superannuation funds, pensions and dividends
examining financial projections for general insurance companies, finance companies, government and other organisations
designing new types of policies, assessing risks and analysing investments in life insurance, superannuation funds, health insurance, friendly societies, financial markets and other areas
formulating mathematical models to simulate processes
applying models to experimental observations, and adjusting and recasting the models
using numerical analysis methods to develop algorithms and perform computations
liaising with management and clients to determine the subject or area to be surveyed or examined
specifying the data to be collected, and the methodology to be used in collection and analysis
evaluating and describing the reliability and utility of source information
analysing and interpreting data, and producing relevant statistics to describe and infer particular trends and patterns.

Do you have at least 1yr experience in that area, fully supported with documentary evidence? As a matter of fact, if you apply as a Mathematician, your chance is very slim, you can only be nominated by a state-Victoria. It is hard. Your best bet is to go for 2 Yrs MSc in Teaching/Education in Australia. Good luck.

my questions now are where will i start from and what will be the total cost going for the msc in teaching/education. also will i be able to get the PR within the two years? and whats my processes of getting it. and finally what if i choose to go for diploma in any course due to cost, what my faith of getting the PR because my fear is coming back after study. pls house look into those questions and give me a concise and diluted answer pls. thanks all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by magastefan: 11:15am On Apr 04, 2016
Thank you.... Will settle for UWA ( Perth) then
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
If u did some financial modeling and other financial related modules, you can assess under Actuary for 189, but it is 50-50. There really has to be strong financial and some insurance content on your transcript to be +vely assessed under Actuary.

weyabblog:
NNBB2012 and other gurus pls reply.

from your last post

my questions now are where will i start from and what will be the total cost going for the msc in teaching/education. also will i be able to get the PR within the two years? and whats my processes of getting it. and finally what if i choose to go for diploma in any course due to cost, what my faith of getting the PR because my fear is coming back after study. pls house look into those questions and give me a concise and diluted answer pls. thanks all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
@Johnsontade.

Pls can you kindly send me the PTE materials to izykvision@gmail.com

Much appreciated, thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
izykvision0:
@Johnsontade.

Pls can you kindly send me the PTE materials to izykvision@gmail.com

Much appreciated, thanks.
There is already a thread for PTE Materials and it has been posted many times on this thread.. Like three times on the last two pages. Kindly follow the link.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
GOOD DAY EVERY ONE, I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD FOR A WHILE NOW AND I NEED SOME HELP WITH INFORMATION ON THE NEXT LINE OF ACTION KINDLY ADVICE ME PLSSS
FIRSTLY I WANT TO TRAVEL TO AUSTRALIA BUT I DONT KNO WHATS THE BEST VISA TO APPLY FOR? I HAVE A FIRST DEGREE IN MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE, AND THIS FALLS UNDER THE SKILLED VISA SO MY FIRST QUESTION IS WOULD YOU ADVICE ME TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY COS OF MY FIRST DEGREE OR IS IT BETTER TO DO A SHORT STUDY IN AUSTRALIA BEFORE SEEKING FOR A JOB THERE?
MY SECOND QUESTION IS, IF I HAVE TO APPLY FOR A STUDY VISA, CONSIDERING MY FIRST DEGREE IN MEDICAL LAB, WHAT WOULD YOU ADVICE ME TO STUDY, IN OTHER TO GIVE ME THE POSSIBILITIES IF GETTING A JOB THERE IN AUSTRALIA
DO I HAVE TO DO A 2 YEAR STUDY COURSE TO QUALIFY ME FOR A POST STUDY VISA IN AUSTRALIA?
IF YES, WHAT COURSE WOULD YOU ADVICE ME TO GO FOR
LASTLY SINCE I HAVE A DEGREE IN MEDICAL LAB, WHICH OF THE EXAMS SHOULD I ENROLL FOR.... PTE OR IELTS
PS: I TOOK THE ASSESSMENT TEST AND SCORED 70 POINTS FOR THE 189 VISA , AND 75 FOR THE 190 VISA, ALSO I A HAVE 2 YEAR WORK EXPERIENCE,
SOMEBODY KINDLY ADVICE A STRUGGLING GIRL IN QUEST FOR GREENER PASTURE
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2016
Sassy123:
GOOD DAY EVERY ONE, I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD FOR A WHILE NOW AND I NEED SOME HELP WITH INFORMATION ON THE NEXT LINE OF ACTION KINDLY ADVICE ME PLSSS
FIRSTLY I WANT TO TRAVEL TO AUSTRALIA BUT I DONT KNO WHATS THE BEST VISA TO APPLY FOR? I HAVE A FIRST DEGREE IN MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE, AND THIS FALLS UNDER THE SKILLED VISA SO MY FIRST QUESTION IS WOULD YOU ADVICE ME TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY COS OF MY FIRST DEGREE OR IS IT BETTER TO DO A SHORT STUDY IN AUSTRALIA BEFORE SEEKING FOR A JOB THERE?
MY SECOND QUESTION IS, IF I HAVE TO APPLY FOR A STUDY VISA, CONSIDERING MY FIRST DEGREE IN MEDICAL LAB, WHAT WOULD YOU ADVICE ME TO STUDY, IN OTHER TO GIVE ME THE POSSIBILITIES IF GETTING A JOB THERE IN AUSTRALIA
DO I HAVE TO DO A 2 YEAR STUDY COURSE TO QUALIFY ME FOR A POST STUDY VISA IN AUSTRALIA?
LASTLY SINCE I HAVE A DEGREE IN MEDICAL LAB, WHICH OF THE EXAMS SHOULD I ENROLL FOR.... PTE OR IELTS
PS: I TOOK THE ASSESSMENT TEST AND SCORED 70 POINTS FOR THE 189 VISA , AND 75 FOR THE 190 VISA, ALSO I A HAVE 2 YEAR WORK EXPERIENCE,
How did you score 70 points without Ielts? Can you pls list out how you gained your points?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by piusford: 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
Sassy123:

Hi, Struggling girl, Sassy.

You are good for both 189 and 190.
To start with, you need to write either of the English test. It doesn't matter which one you chosed, your assessing body accepts either IELTS or PTE or TOEF.
The important thing is that you score 7 band in every module and its equivalent in PTE, 65.
With this result and prove of not less than 2 years experience you proceed to AIMS for assessment.
The assessment is in two stages, documents and professional exam.

As for your point calculation, you might be wrong
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2016
u dont need to refer them to the pte thread. Someone here has materials for it n thats all they need.
mctowel01:

There is already a thread for PTE Materials and it has been posted many times on this thread.. Like three times on the last two pages. Kindly follow the link.

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66