Stats: 3,143,201 members, 7,780,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:51 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1035714 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
hi guys,

I thank everyone who have been contributing here .

Pls i have a question.

Am a sponsored student as my uncle is sponsoring my education. At this juncture, i intend including my wife to my application as my dependant.

Can ones uncle sponsor a married nephew and his wife.

My friends over there are suggesting i come with my wife.

Is it advisable ??

Regards...

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sexybaykay: 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
what kind of jobs do students do in perth and brisbane?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 12:56am On Jun 05, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

Bros, how did you get the OPV?
the SOA you used for visa application, contained about how much. , as I am quite short of funds after payment of fees account holds a little less than 5m. did you use police clearance?

My SOA Contained More Than 10M..I Got My OPV At Fatai Williams(Lagos)..Yes I Submitted Police Clearance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 12:58am On Jun 05, 2016
oobidike:
Food master. Lol. Please which school and course are you going for
Lonsdale Institute.....Advance Diploma Of Business
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 12:59am On Jun 05, 2016
tunai:

Mind what you pack to Aussie, some food items are not allowed, you will end up getting delayed at the port of entry ones xray shows any organic matter and probably have to pay a fine of AUD250. Go to youtube and search for "border protection Australia". Thank me later cheesy

TNX

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 4:54am On Jun 05, 2016
Sammybbb:
Please House What's The Best Way To Package Food Stuff Down To Australia....I Intend To Carry Tapioca,Bread Fruit(ukwa),Dried Fish And Melon Seed(Egusi)

You may bring in as much food as you can but MAKE SURE you don't bring in seeds of any kind i.e. unblended egusi and endeavor to DECLARE it on your incoming passenger card. Infact check any question you don't understand as yes and make sure you pack your bag yourself. If asked by border protection, say you are not sure of the question that was why you ticked YES. You may be delayed but it is worth it at the end.

As long as you declare, you will not be fined but whatever food that is not allowed will be confisticated.
You may not be able to get those food you enjoy eating here so therefore its worth the try.

Guidiance

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 5:02am On Jun 05, 2016
Stanleyelege:
hi guys,

I thank everyone who have been contributing here .

Pls i have a question.

Am a sponsored student as my uncle is sponsoring my education. At this juncture, i intend including my wife to my application as my dependant.

Can ones uncle sponsor a married nephew and his wife.

My friends over there are suggesting i come with my wife.

Is it advisable ??

Regards...

What visa category are you lodging your application for?
For SVP (streamline) you won't need to show a bank statement on submition but if your case officer does request, it's alright for your uncle to stand in as your sponsor.
It's also advisable you apply by yourself first and bring in your family after a month or two. And yes your uncle can stand as her sponsor too (He must be loaded thou).

Goodluck

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 6:16am On Jun 05, 2016
WestAfrican:

You may bring in as much food as you can but MAKE SURE you don't bring in seeds of any kind i.e. unblended egusi and endeavor to DECLARE it on your incoming passenger card. Infact check any question you don't understand as yes and make sure you pack your bag yourself. If asked by border protection, say you are not sure of the question that was why you ticked YES. You may be delayed but it is worth it at the end.

As long as you declare, you will not be fined but whatever food that is not allowed will be confisticated.
You may not be able to get those food you enjoy eating here so therefore its worth the try.

Guidiance

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 05, 2016
WestAfrican:

What visa category are you lodging your application for?
For SVP (streamline) you won't need to show a bank statement on submition but if your case officer does request, it's alright for your uncle to stand in as your sponsor.
It's also advisable you apply by yourself first and bring in your family after a month or two. And yes your uncle can stand as her sponsor too (He must be loaded thou).

Goodluck

Thank you west Africa.

Am applying for visa subclass 573.

My uncle in question doesn't bear my surname o.
He has a statement of account of 7.5m.
The quoted sum includes my tuition fee of 26,000aud..

Maybe I will do mine first and if successful, I'll send for her . God willing

Many thanks

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kennethagada(m): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
hello Johnsontade, can u please reach me back. I am in Perth and really need ur PTE material for preparation. agascoy2k.2009@yahoo.com. Thanks
mctowel01:

Thanks maybe pte is a better option, I ve heard ielts is more difficult.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PuyolOkoye: 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
Sammybbb:

Lonsdale Institute.....Advance Diploma Of Business

For Advanced Diploma of Business, what visa subclass did you apply for and how did you get your police clearance in Lagos?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ada4all: 12:11am On Jun 06, 2016
gunpoint:

Very positive
You are required to have one year experience within the last ten years.
Is 2011 to 2013 within the last 10 years?
Anyways, more importantly, is your degree in valuation?
Cos for VETASSES, its education and experience

Yes....i studied Estate Management for BSc and Valuation is the core courses in the program.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Harrypreye: 12:32am On Jun 06, 2016
kennethagada:
hello Johnsontade, can u please reach me back. I am in Perth and really need ur PTE material for preparation. agascoy2k.2009@yahoo.com. Thanks

Pls I need the PTE material. Kindly forward to harry.debole@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellau09: 3:14am On Jun 06, 2016
Sammybbb:

Thanks....I Already Had My Oral Polio Vacine(OPV) At Fatai Williams Last Month..Yellow Card Is What Am Yet To Get..Who Is Gonna Stamp The Yellow Card Fatai Williams Or Health Authority

My OPV was recorded in my yellow card. I went to the centre near the airport and paid 1000. Got yellow fever shot and OPV and both were recorded and stamped in the yellow card.
Unless we're talking about 2 different yellow cards.
I attached pictures of mine though.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrsoje(f): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2016
Your Uncle can serve as as your sponsor, i will advise you apply with your wife. the process is the same and no need to submit statement of account but if you intend applying later you will need to submit a statement of account.

Stanleyelege:

Thank you west Africa.

Am applying for visa subclass 573.

My uncle in question doesn't bear my surname o.
He has a statement of account of 7.5m.
The quoted sum includes my tuition fee of 26,000aud..

Maybe I will do mine first and if successful, I'll send for her . God willing

Many thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cooldipo(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2016
oknee:

@noblealuu

From ubktech

Migration Steps for Medical Laboratory Scientists

STEP 1
To see if you qualify for this program, you need at least 60 points, goto:
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx click on ‘Points Test’

STEP 2
Undertake IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is conducted every month by the British Council across several towns in Nigeria http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ you will need an Overall Band score of 7.0 or better in either the Academic or General Training module of the test.
For IELTS preparation materials, you could go to; http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/

You can also opt for pte or toefl

STEP 3
Undertake Skills assessment by the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS). This is the rate limiting step for skilled migration to Australia as a Medical Laboratory Scientist http://www.aims.org.au/documents/item/88

Usually done in two stages:
A) Paper based assessment; you will submit your certificates and job references to AIMS for evaluation. At the end of this stage you will be classified as an MLT and invited to write the AIMS professional exams.
B) The AIMS professional exam takes place in March/September each year in several cities around the world. If are successful in this exams, then you are ready for STEP 4
For more info about this exam, course contents, sample questions or venues, please view this link: http://www.aims.org.au/services/aims-assessments/medical-laboratory-scientist

STEP 4
Submit an Expression of Interest on SKILLSELECT and receive an INVITE usually within 30 days

STEP 5
Apply for Visa, Do Medical & Police checks
STEP 6
Receive your Visa & Migrate
Depending on when you start, this process takes 12 - 18 months to conclude. See you in Australia
www.immi.gov.au
SkillSelect
www.immi.gov.au

thanks for the break down, pls how can one make payment for Step 3 from Nigeria, i have a contact who needs that info asap.....thanks!

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellau09: 11:46am On Jun 06, 2016
Please house I really need to know how to contact Pretoria? I've been waiting 20 working days and no info yet. I'll like to write my case worker or something. I'll appreciate any help.
Thank you!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oknee: 11:51am On Jun 06, 2016
cooldipo:

thanks for the break down, pls how can one make payment for Step 3 from Nigeria, i have a contact who needs that info asap.....thanks!

I used my naira mastercard.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toche1: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
I think u should email them
What class of visa is that?
bellau09:
Please house I really need to know how to contact Pretoria? I've been waiting 20 working days and no info yet. I'll like to write my case worker or something. I'll appreciate any help.
Thank you!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oobidike(f): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
bellau09:
Thank you!
Maybe you should mail them Immigration.pretoria@dfat.gov.au
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toche1: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
OOBIDIKE was class of visa is urs

oobidike:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oobidike(f): 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
Toche1:
OOBIDIKE was class of visa is urs

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toche1: 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
The other guy would be same class as urs his came out pretty fast 10days.....
U are on assessment level 2 or 3 kinda freaky?
U have an idea on the processing days?

oobidike:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 12:50am On Jun 07, 2016
PuyolOkoye:

For Advanced Diploma of Business, what visa subclass did you apply for and how did you get your police clearance in Lagos?

Visa Subclass 572.....I Got My Police Clearance From Police Headquarters Alagbon

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tunai(m): 3:13am On Jun 07, 2016
Sammybbb:

Visa Subclass 572.....I Got My Police Clearance From Police Headquarters Alagbon

Please what's the cost of getting a police clearance and how long does it take?. Also can this only be issued in Alagbon?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 4:24am On Jun 07, 2016
Oh i got in with lots of food and wasnt disturbed meanwhile who is in melbourne
Sammybbb:

TNX
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 4:28am On Jun 07, 2016
Hello house who is in melbourne sorry ive been off for a while been trying to get my way around melbourne
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
oobidike:
How far you? Your fisa don cho?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
oobidike:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oobidike(f): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

Not yet o. But I guess it is on the way. Which level are you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
oobidike:

Not yet o. But I guess it is on the way. Which level are you
ta, na still form A o.
just kidding jor. pulled through last week ....plan front loading medicals and stuffs. so I should submit soonest. by the way, I de wait COE too. but SOON!
when is your program Start date?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oobidike(f): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

ta, na still form A o.
just kidding jor. pulled through last week ....plan front loading medicals and stuffs. so I should submit soonest. by the way, I de wait COE too. but SOON!
when is your program Start date?
July 18

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4