Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043142 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:54am On May 27, 2015
chuckdee13:
ok thx. the account statement is just to show i have a job n not to know how much is in it right? cos i heard u dont need to show an account statement for 189

It will serve as an evidence of paid salary in lieu of payslip.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 11:08am On May 27, 2015
ok thank u very much. thats comforting to know
bellong:

It will serve as an evidence of paid salary in lieu of payslip.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:35am On May 27, 2015
The payslips on your Account Statement is just fine, and a copy of your contract Letter (Note that only when you are asked to provide them that is when you will provide). For Sponsor, your Uncle is very ok, they will need him to write a Letter confirming the Sponsorship, when he signs, they will request his Passport datapage that reflects his signature to verify he is actually the person, he should remember to state his relationship with you on the Letter. Pls note that Embassy don't need bank Statement, except you are asked.

English Test is a prerequisite for Australian Schools, Visa applications and so on, even when you run into a Sch that does not demand it, it is strongly required in the Embassy, and you will need it prior to your enrolment in Australia, as well as before you are employed to work part-time during your studies.

Aussie4me:

Thank you very much for this detailed guide, l am very grateful l think i will work on all this schools you listed now will start googling it one by one ....... much work for me today (smiles) please one more question bros

Do l need English language test before l get admission to any of this schools for my masters?

about the bank statement can l use an uncle that does not have same surname with me?

and how long will all this process take?

can l still meet up september?

as for the payslips my company pays to my account direct, what if l print my bank statement that reflect the said salaries on montly basics will that be ascepotable ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:37am On May 27, 2015
Budget for Feb/March 2016 intakes, so start your application now.

Aussie4me:

Thank you very much for this detailed guide, l am very grateful l think i will work on all this schools you listed now will start googling it one by one ....... much work for me today (smiles) please one more question bros

Do l need English language test before l get admission to any of this schools for my masters?

about the bank statement can l use an uncle that does not have same surname with me?

and how long will all this process take?

can l still meet up september?

as for the payslips my company pays to my account direct, what if l print my bank statement that reflect the said salaries on montly basics will that be ascepotable ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:38am On May 27, 2015
chuckdee13:
ok thats helpful. i know i shudnt ask but whats CDR pls

CDR means Competency Demonstration Report. You need to submit this alongside with other documents required by Engineers Australia if you have unaccredited Engineering degree. Refer to my previous posts on the booklet or google Engineers Australia website.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 11:38am On May 27, 2015
bossladymo1:

Hahaha...shey your power carry am sha
I get big muscle o grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:49am On May 27, 2015
iykosman:
Hello house, I just bumped into this thread as I have been interested in moving to Australia but do not know how I can qualify for their PR package.
I have BSc in Microbiology, but have moved to ICT (Network/Telecommunications) since graduation, upto 5years experience. 27yrs, haven't written English test yet, can anyone help pls, I need to know my stand and what I need to adjust. Thanks in advance.

Engineers Australia only accredit those that have Engineering qualification and experience. Since your degree is not in Engineering, you can't be assessed by them. I also think the same thing with ACS, they assess people that have degree related to ICT. And I'm afraid these are the only assessing bodies that could assess you based on your experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 11:57am On May 27, 2015
ok thx...i'll start reading it right away to know all i need to gather
NNBB2012:

CDR means Competency Demonstration Report. You need to submit this alongside with other documents required by Engineers Australia if you have unaccredited Engineering degree. Refer to my previous posts on the booklet or google Engineers Australia website.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykosman: 11:57am On May 27, 2015
iykosman:
Hello house, I just bumped into this thread as I have been interested in moving to Australia but do not know how I can qualify for their PR package.
I have BSc in Microbiology, but have moved to ICT (Network/Telecommunications) since graduation, upto 5years experience. 27yrs, haven't written English test yet, can anyone help pls, I need to know my stand and what I need to adjust. Thanks in advance.

I thought there were nice guys here, I just needed help and no1 seems to be concerned. Just a lil help/advice with the above details. Please I beg.

Someone shld try and answer please. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykosman: 12:01pm On May 27, 2015
NNBB2012:

Engineers Australia only accredit those that have Engineering qualification and experience. Since your degree is not in Engineering, you can't be assessed by them. I also think the same thing with ACS, they assess people that have degree related to ICT. And I'm afraid these are the only assessing bodies that could assess you based on your experience.

ACS is like another assessment body?...maybe I can google and check their requirements then....thanks bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by malkinburg: 12:41pm On May 27, 2015
Aussie4me:

my Oga l so much appreciate your advice and it is a very good one, but l was so keen on the study route so l forcus grabbing points and ideas on that for days now before l finally come out with my question,

l no nothing yet about how to start the PR thing can you pls englighten me a bit, about what it will cost me?

how l will start it?
and how long it will take me?

so that l can quiclkly compare and make my decision Cana has wasted enough of my time

thanks

what i will advice is take your time and peruse the thread from part one. it might take a whole day but in the end all your questions and future questions have their answers tucked in there somewhere. i personally read the thread twice back in late 2013.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gogochocolate: 1:37pm On May 27, 2015
My dear friends the last few months have been critical for me with regards to this migration move. I and members of my family were granted 189 visa December last year by Australia DIBP and we were planning to move Australia later this year. Before that i had applied for Canada FSWP program and it was taking forever to process. I have hinged my prediction on the fact that it takes about three to four years to process based on the normal bottlenecks experienced with CIC Canada. However not long after i was granted the 189 Australia Visa, last two months precisely ,Canadian Immigration contacted me for medicals and shortly after i was asked for my passport and issued an immigrant visa. I am apprehensive now cause they are both coming at this time and the last date of entry for both differs by about some few month.
Please i need someone who is versed with the job opportunities in both countries to advise me. I have tried to calculate the cost of going to both countries to at least activate the Permanent residence status but the tickets fees are astronomical. I love Australia but what is drawing me to Canada is more of friends and Family network. In Australia, I don't have anyone to put me through but i understand Australia recognizes Nigerian Credentials and it would be easy for me to get a job as as a professional engineer.
My second issue is that while Engineers Australia has assessed me for migration i have not had any dealing with any engineering society in Canada inorder words i am not recognized as an engineer.
Please kindly advise.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 1:54pm On May 27, 2015
I've been going thru the booklet n theres something thats not clear to me. if ur qualification is accredited,does that prevent u from sending documentary evidence of employment? cos i only saw this under non-accredited qualifications.
NNBB2012:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:21pm On May 27, 2015
gogochocolate:

Please kindly advise.

I am sorry I have no reasonable advise to give you but I think I know how you can get a reasonable flight ticket to register your arrival for both countries.

If for example you want to leave in June, you can book a ticket to Toronto for June 16, 2015 (example) and from Toronto to Melbourne on June 30 2015 (example), this will cost you 480k. This is one the same ticket.

You could get it cheaper or more expensive depending on destination in these countries.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:25pm On May 27, 2015
chuckdee13:
I've been going thru the booklet n theres something thats not clear to me. if ur qualification is accredited,does that prevent u from sending documentary evidence of employment? cos i only saw this under non-accredited qualifications.

If you obtained your degree in Nigeria it means your qualification is not accredited. It means you have to submit employer reference letter.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 2:49pm On May 27, 2015
Dearest gogochocolate,
I think you already know the answer to this question.
Pick Australia, the immigration population in Australia is less than the pple flooding Canada and so since you already have been vetted by Aus Engr, You stand a better chance in Oz. The fact that they recognise the Nigerian credentials and work experience and blah blah pick Oz.
You always can make new friends and you can always connect with family later.

Have you checked living expenses (Comparing the two places?) Have you checked out taxes and tax returns? Accommodation and schooling for the kids as they grow, Your wifes ability to get a good job as fast as possible etc?

Weight it then make ur decision because its a life decision.

I wish i was in ur shoes with 2 choices to pick from.

gogochocolate:
My dear friends the last few months have been critical for me with regards to this migration move. I and members of my family were granted 189 visa December last year by Australia DIBP and we were planning to move Australia later this year. Before that i had applied for Canada FSWP program and it was taking forever to process. I have hinged my prediction on the fact that it takes about three to four years to process based on the normal bottlenecks experienced with CIC Canada. However not long after i was granted the 189 Australia Visa, last two months precisely ,Canadian Immigration contacted me for medicals and shortly after i was asked for my passport and issued an immigrant visa. I am apprehensive now cause they are both coming at this time and the last date of entry for both differs by about some few month.
Please i need someone who is versed with the job opportunities in both countries to advise me. I have tried to calculate the cost of going to both countries to at least activate the Permanent residence status but the tickets fees are astronomical. I love Australia but what is drawing me to Canada is more of friends and Family network. In Australia, I don't have anyone to put me through but i understand Australia recognizes Nigerian Credentials and it would be easy for me to get a job as as a professional engineer.
My second issue is that while Engineers Australia has assessed me for migration i have not had any dealing with any engineering society in Canada inorder words i am not recognized as an engineer.
Please kindly advise.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:54pm On May 27, 2015
Oh now I understand. so i shud be reading thru the non-accredited side. cool. how about if ur masters is accredited?
NNBB2012:

If you obtained your degree in Nigeria it means your qualification is not accredited. It means you have to submit employer reference letter.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 3:07pm On May 27, 2015
gogochocolate:
Please kindly advise.
bellong:

I am sorry I have no reasonable advise to give you but I think I know how you can get a reasonable flight ticket to register your arrival for both countries.

If for example you want to leave in June, you can book a ticket to Toronto for June 16, 2015 (example) and from Toronto to Melbourne on June 30 2015 (example), this will cost you 480k. This is one the same ticket.

You could get it cheaper or more expensive depending on destination in these countries.

Another option as suggested by bellong is try to do bookings as above. It pays to get the two PRs.
I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gogochocolate: 3:26pm On May 27, 2015
Thank you so much missakomaye. The 480K you quoted for the ticket is it for each person for both ways. I have used various travel websites but i keep getting ridiculous tickets. I tried multi city travel and it was way way outrageous particularly with this Naira devaluation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2015
thank u so much bro.....both online n offline@mrnilobrawn. u will surely rejoice wit me soon (Amen)

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by surveyor1: 3:41pm On May 27, 2015
gogochocolate:
Thank you so much missakomaye. The 480K you quoted for the ticket is it for each person for both ways. I have used various travel websites but i keep getting ridiculous tickets. I tried multi city travel and it was way way outrageous particularly with this Naira devaluation.
Well, based on my experience so far, getting assessed by engineer Australia doesn't guarantee you a job and this had been stipulated in their website. Although both countries are good but varies in terms of benefits for new arrival. If you are IT professional or chemical engineer, I will recommend canada but you need to leverage your qualification with canada certification. I am saying this because I knew students who got jobs in their field with post study work not to talk of PR. In addition, the fact the people are opting for Canada doesn't affect the job opportunities because they are strict with visa issuance. In contrast, Australia is good for civil engineer and IT too but people with Naija engineering qualifications do struggle to get a job in their field but few do get with God's grace. Try to weigh your option , I wish you all the best. Congrat boss

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 27, 2015
gogochocolate:
Please kindly advise.
Congratulations! Although you have always avoided chatting with me when I make comments against ur moniker, I will still chip in. If I were you, I wouldn't have processed that of Canada...I actually used this against ur moniker and I don't know if that infuriated you...you are spoilt for choice. I never believe you will spend all these at both countries and still end up at one. Anyway, the deeds are done and you should know what is better for you and family. I guess Australia will pay u more! You can as well land in Oz and leave for Canada after a few weeks...and remain out for 4yrs and still have ur aussie residency.

Congrats buddy! People are looking for a half chance oh. Chai.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gogochocolate: 4:27pm On May 27, 2015
Femidako, you dey funny, it was still too early then to comment when i was not so sure then . I actually wanted Canada at first based on the fact that it was more popular for Nigerians and family ties. I had started Canada PR journey before Australia but as you may well know their process was very very slow spanning for years until they improved it this year this year. My plan was to move to Australia and stay till maybe three of four more years to determine if i really wanted to continue with the Canadian immigration. I had zeroed my mind that if i settled in Australia then the Canadian Dream ends forever. However, it looked like once i got the grant mail from Australia the Canadians began to process mine faster. I was shocked when i went for medicals for Canada and realized that their medical platform runs on Australia Emedical Platform. The point is i that they share data and Canada is always looking up to Australia to improve its immigration process.

Thanks so much Surveyor it has not been an easy one having Both PR come together at the same time.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gogochocolate: 4:30pm On May 27, 2015
I am a telecoms engineer with interests in networking so i find it difficult to say if i am a fully fledged IT guy or a Telecoms guy.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 27, 2015
gogochocolate:
Femidako, you dey funny, it was still too early then to comment when i was not so sure then . I actually wanted Canada at first based on the fact that it was more popular for Nigerians and family ties. I had started Canada PR journey before Australia but as you may well know their process was very very slow spanning for years until they improved it this year this year. My plan was to move to Australia and stay till maybe three of four more years to determine if i really wanted to continue with the Canadian immigration. I had zeroed my mind that if i settled in Australia then the Canadian Dream ends forever. However, it looked like once i got the grant mail from Australia the Canadians began to process mine faster. I was shocked when i went for medicals for Canada and realized that their medical platform runs on Australia Emedical Platform. The point is i that they share data and Canada is always looking up to Australia to improve its immigration process.

Thanks so much Surveyor it has not been an easy one having Both PR come together at the same time.

My advice is you go to Oz because the threshold to get in is more difficult, so that makes many folks to move to Canada...but now Canada EE is harder, many people will come back to Oz. I guess if you are in a place with lesser competitors you tend to get things easily. Again, you are already an assessed engineer...won't be hard to find ur footing. My belief though. Congrats!

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2015
dexterinc2003:

lol @ pls be nice.
i applied to unsw for a masters by coursework,public health to be precise,i paid 6k aud,and my CoE was out in 2 days.
hello bro. I wanna move to Aussie with my family via student visa (undergraduate) my wife is 27,she will be the applicant cos i work with federal govt. she will write ielts soon. I wanna ask our chances of migration. also I hope we will not need any bank statement? also which cheap school can she apply?thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mclarry(m): 5:04pm On May 27, 2015
Welcome back BossladyMo! You are one of our MVPs on this thread... Keep up the good work.

bossladymo1:
I derive pleasure from helping people. It's just the way I am, the way I am programmed. I am not some sadistic psycopath who derives pleasure from online attention. I am of the opinion that no one should be left in Nigeria, if they have the chance to gain a better life abroad....especially people with kids. Looking at my kids, I know that even if something happens and we can't afford to pay for their education...they have a government and systems in place to enable them continue their education as much as they can. So if I can help anyone else in any way I can, why not? I don't answer questions to show off. I say what I know. I was once a novice also. I remember my very first post on this thread. But I took my time to research thoroughly...like I said, I was not willing to spend a huge chunk of money on a process I knew nothing about.

So for someone to come and say there is more to me 'online niceness'....hmmm.....

I will let it die there.

Thanks to everyone who came to my defence.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighthouse4real: 5:05pm On May 27, 2015
NNBB2012:
Good news for prospective Nurses in the house. The English requirement has been lowered a bit. It will take effect from July 1,2015. You only need to meet minimum overall score of 7 (IELTS ACADEMICS) and at least minimum score of 6.5 in each band.

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Standards/English-language-skills.aspx
@NNBB2012. Thanks for the post.
This is a good move by the AHPRA. It will save lots of people the stress of having to fulfill the criteria at once. Lots of people have written this funny test more than 10 times.
It's already a money making venture for the IELTS organization.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by itskc: 5:14pm On May 27, 2015
Guyz I'm new here and I need ur help asap. My student visa wil b out soon for msc engr in wollongong australia . Its quite expensive I need ur advise on hw to settle down and get jobs
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mclarry(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2015
Congrats on the double! My advise.... Go for Australia for reasons not far from those given earlier. If comparing with another country, then Canada would beat that. If you can look beyond the sentiments of family and friends of Canada which really is not a yardstick for a successful life abroad. See the opportunities and possibilities for you and your immediate family as 1st priority. It won't be a bad idea if you become the 1st and only Australian contact for your immediate/extended family. That will spread the connections and options broader for your folks. This time, friends and family will gravitate to you and not the other way round.

All the same, God has blessed you and yours... Australia will spread it further and wider!!!
gogochocolate:

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 27, 2015
mclarry:

Congrats on the double! My advise.... Go for Australia for reasons not far from those given earlier. If comparing with another country, then Canada would beat that. If you can look beyond the sentiments of family and friends of Canada which really is not a yardstick for a successful life abroad. See the opportunities and possibilities for you and your immediate family as 1st priority. It won't be a bad idea if you become the 1st and only Australian contact for your immediate/extended family. That will spread the connections and options broader for your folks. This time, friends and family will gravitate to you and not the other way round.

All the same, God has blessed you and yours... Australia will spread it further and wider!!!
Good one!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 27, 2015
lighthouse4real:

@NNBB2012. Thanks for the post.
This is a good move by the AHPRA. It will save lots of people the stress of having to fulfill the criteria at once. Lots of people have written this funny test more than 10 times.
It's already a money making venture for the IELTS organization.
I tell ya...a huge relief for those nurses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.