Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043523 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diego2015(m): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
Favorsky:
To God be the Glory!!!
Application submitted- 4 Feb
Biometric - 9 Feb
Visa Grant - 9 March
congratss dear, plz did u use bank statement of account?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kay16: 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
Congrats bro
I have been reading this thread for while now and I appreciate the great works u guys are doing here. I need u to put me through on the how I can get admission to study in Australia, I have WAEC and NECO results.The major problem is that I had a D7 in my WAEC and dont know if i can combine the two. Pls i need Cheap schools, and want to know if I will do English test, I am a science student.God bless u
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
kay16:
Congrats bro
I have been reading this thread for while now and I appreciate the great works u guys are doing here. I need u to put me through on the how I can get admission to study in Australia, I have WAEC and NECO results.The major problem is that I had a D7 in my WAEC and dont know if i can combine the two. Pls i need Cheap schools, and want to know if I will do English test, I am a science student.God bless u
I don't believe you have been reading this thread because if truly you will not ask how to apply well about the combination yes you can and they also ask for 5 subjects grade not all the 8 or 9

Bsc or Msc?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kay16: 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
Thanks alot bro. maybe a diploma or something before the actual BSc, something like our own pre degree for naija. God bless you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Favorsky: 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
diego2015:
congratss dear, plz did u use bank statement of account?

Yes i did. Mother was my sponsor
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Favorsky: 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Titobabe:
Congratulations. Please what are the documents submitted

Visit the website. Ielts, SOA, etc
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jackson2dye4: 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
Favorsky:

Congrats!! Which school?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by go4value(m): 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Please the gurus in the house... My wife studied Industrial chemistry,I want her to study Nursing in Australia, with plan of getting pR, is anybody in QUt doing the same course,? How do we go about it, am looking at 2018 as she is presently pregnant. Secondly which option will be the best for her, was thinking of graduate nursing but someone was advising her to go for Nursing that way PR will not be an issue.
What is the average cost of both options, Note we will joining her later with the kids @bellong @westafrican any help or contact will be appreciated. We want to start in time
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 4:45am On Mar 11, 2017
go4value:
Please the gurus in the house... My wife studied Industrial chemistry,I want her to study Nursing in Australia, with plan of getting pR, is anybody in QUt doing the same course,? How do we go about it, am looking at 2018 as she is presently pregnant. Secondly which option will be the best for her, was thinking of graduate nursing but someone was advising her to go for Nursing that way PR will not be an issue.

Did she get to study physiology and anatomy in her first degree? Most schools will require her to have a background in physiology and anatomy before she can be admitted. In some cases she may be required to do those course separately before her main course commences.

Click on this URL and search for graduate nursing or nursing courses to see the difference in tuition.

If I were you, I would also consider finding a job after my course. Will employers give more preference to someone who studies a degree in nursing or someone who has a graduate degree without an actual nursing background?

Do your research on that and make an informed decision.

What is the average cost of both options, Note we will joining her later with the kids @bellong @westafrican any help or contact will be appreciated. We want to start in time

To get a rough estimate, get the tuition fees and add it to the cost of rent ($130- $250 a week depending on where she will be leaving) plus $150-$200 for food and transportation per week plus miscellaneous (air ticket, visa fees and medicals)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amilak: 7:24am On Mar 11, 2017
Kenyata:
Hello RMIT Guys,

I'm arriving Melbourne on the 12th MARCH. I need where I can sleep till I sort myself out.
All hostel rooms at RMIT Village have been sold out. Visa came very late, hence this wahala. A beg una!
Congrats bro! As much as am happy for you , I also have concerns concerning your coming to RMIT. Incase your agents (PFL I guess) didnt tell you how seriously the school takes paying up your tuitoon fees - first semester , incase you enrolled for a Masters degree, RMIT unlike other universities endeavors students pay up fees for all the courses enrolled for in the begining of the semester. Some schools wait for the begining of the next semester for students to pay up for the previous one, where the students has oppirtunity of working through the 3months break to augument his /her school fees. In a not shell, if you dont have your fees ready you better have plans of getting it across before the deadline for payment. Otherwise your coe may be cancelled and you visa terminated. Its that bad.
My advice is try to borrow if you dont have the money already with you. Come along with your local drivers licence, its more recognized than the internatoonal. Come along with some extra money to get a car ( about $1500) , you willbget a job faster when you have a car. And finally if you dont have any body in melbourne come with an extra $300 so you can stay at backbackers while you get acquinted with melbourne.
Once again congrats bro! Coming this far takes a lot of courage. May God help us all.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by feguson123: 7:50am On Mar 11, 2017
amilak:

Congrats bro! As much as am happy for you , I also have concerns concerning your coming to RMIT. Incase your agents (PFL I guess) didnt tell you how seriously the school takes paying up your tuitoon fees - first semester , incase you enrolled for a Masters degree, RMIT unlike other universities endeavors students pay up fees for all the courses enrolled for in the begining of the semester. Some schools wait for the begining of the next semester for students to pay up for the previous one, where the students has oppirtunity of working through the 3months break to augument his /her school fees. In a not shell, if you dont have your fees ready you better have plans of getting it across before the deadline for payment. Otherwise your coe may be cancelled and you visa terminated. Its that bad.
My advice is try to borrow if you dont have the money already with you. Come along with your local drivers licence, its more recognized than the internatoonal. Come along with some extra money to get a car ( about $1500) , you willbget a job faster when you have a car. And finally if you dont have any body in melbourne come with an extra $300 so you can stay at backbackers while you get acquinted with melbourne.
Once again congrats bro! Coming this far takes a lot of courage. May God help us all.
nice one..but for someone who has been issued COE does he needs to make another payment upon arriving the school?or you just start lectures and get the nxt semester fees ready to pay when the semester begins?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amilak: 8:24am On Mar 11, 2017
feguson123:
nice one..but for someone who has been issued COE does he needs to make another payment upon arriving the school?or you just start lectures and get the nxt semester fees ready to pay when the semester begins?
Yes. You only paid a part (about $8000) of you firstsemester tuition. Shortly after you enrol you will ne expected to complete the payment, usually 4 weeks after the school resumes . So for the aemester that commenses on 27th of febuary the students are expected to pay up ( remaining $11000)by ending of march.
Thats where it gets tricky. How does one get all that money if you havent had plans for such?The agents usually wont give you all this gory details. Buh these is the truth.
If your peeps in naija can help u raise about 3milliion Naira, then you should be fine. Otherwise you are in a situation that may be difficult to pull through.Nothing is impossible sha. Buh am just getting you guys informed.
I was very lucky to get a job in my second week here although the job wont pay me $10k in less than a month, i dont even think thats possible with a single casual job in melbourne.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by smoothvee(m): 8:52am On Mar 11, 2017
amilak:

Yes. You only paid a part (about $8000) of you firstsemester tuition. Shortly after you enrol you will ne expected to complete the payment, usually 4 weeks after the school resumes . So for the aemester that commenses on 27th of febuary the students are expected to pay up ( remaining $11000)by ending of march.
Thats where it gets tricky. How does one get all that money if you havent had plans for such?The agents usually wont give you all this gory details. Buh these is the truth.
If your peeps in naija can help u raise about 3milliion Naira, then you should be fine. Otherwise you are in a situation that may be difficult to pull through.Nothing is impossible sha. Buh am just getting you guys informed.
I was very lucky to get a job in my second week here although the job wont pay me $10k in less than a month, i dont even think thats possible with a single casual job in melbourne.

Wow second week ...thats amazing bro, did you buy a car to fasten your work search? And what type of visa can i come in with for PR.. a citizen cant invite me?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amilak: 9:26am On Mar 11, 2017
smoothvee:

Wow second week ...thats amazing bro, did you buy a car to fasten your work search? And what type of visa can i come in with for PR.. a citizen cant invite me?
No I didnt. I was just very fortunate. If you have enough money and susbstantial work experience il advice you apply for pr in your relevant proffession. There are a lot of benefits when one has pr, which even extends to studying in Australia
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2017
kay16:
Thanks alot bro. maybe a diploma or something before the actual BSc, something like our own pre degree for naija. God bless you
You talking about foundation pathway to uni...my advice pick unis in Melbourne Brisbane and sydney
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:48am On Mar 11, 2017
Favorsky:

please i know it's bad to ask about personal life but please how was the closing balance of the SOA?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by go4value(m): 11:58am On Mar 11, 2017
@westafrican n other gurus, thanks for your prompt response, please drop the URL,am looking at the University of Technology Queensland, cos my her brother lives there, I really need all the infos n assistance anyone can offer, feeding n accommodation won't be a big problem, until she settle down. I Google and got one of their agents here, called n the guy de form citizen of both Australian n New Zealand.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
go4value:

Graduate nursing is the best option for her cos it'll save time and money. She'll get her PR when she's done, no point starting from the scratch.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Effizzy234: 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
Bro pls let's discuss privately abeg I dey Melbourne too need your advice on some issues
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by smoothvee(m): 12:02am On Mar 12, 2017
amilak:

No I didnt. I was just very fortunate. If you have enough money and susbstantial work experience il advice you apply for pr in your relevant proffession. There are a lot of benefits when one has pr, which even extends to studying in Australia

just have a year work experience working with a radio station during my nysc.. is there chance for an art student in australia? graduate of theatre arts and a diploma in masscom. u r amazing bro..for ur replies
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 1:38am On Mar 12, 2017
go4value:
@westafrican n other gurus, thanks for your prompt response, please drop the URL,am looking at the University of Technology Queensland, cos my her brother lives there, I really need all the infos n assistance anyone can offer, feeding n accommodation won't be a big problem, until she settle down. I Google and got one of their agents here, called n the guy de form citizen of both Australian n New Zealand.
http://cricos.education.gov.au/

Was it Charles you spoke with?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2017
Pls guys am new here...i would like to know the list of cheapest schools that allows payment per semester ...i am preparing to apply for a vocational / trade course to get a certificate and obtain my stay gods willing since i cant afford to run my msc there due to funds...ur answers would be appreciated
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 13, 2017
The following projects require PhD candidates. Interested applicants should forward enquiries to the nominated contact person below. Applications for scholarships should be made via Apply Now. Scholarship outcomes are based on applicant merit.
Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships

Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships are available across all research disciplines at UTAS and will be awarded to applicants with demonstrated research ability.

Value

AUD $26,288 per annum (2016 rate). This rate is indexed annually.

Eligibility and Conditions of Award

TGRS 2016 Conditions of Award (PDF 118kb)

How to apply

Please complete an application in conjunction with your supervisory team. Please indicate on the application if you wish to be considered for a scholarship.

http://www.utas.edu.au/research/degrees/apply-now

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 2:05am On Mar 13, 2017
EmmySparky:
Pls guys am new here...i would like to know the list of cheapest schools that allows payment per semester ...i am preparing to apply for a vocational / trade course to get a certificate and obtain my stay gods willing since i cant afford to run my msc there due to funds...ur answers would be appreciated

Most schools accept tuition fees on semester or trimester bases but then you have to pay your deposit up-front.

You won't be able to obtain a PR via tafe or vocational training, you do need at least a 2 years degree to be eligible.
That being said this link can be useful for your school search

If your first degree is in the sol or csol list you may want to give it a go.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jendy36(m): 7:25am On Mar 13, 2017
Hi! Good morning all. Any one applying for a pathway course in Australia? What's the duration and tution fee for international students?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 8:02am On Mar 13, 2017
bro...i just graduated...i have just 1.5 mill with me now...am at a crossroad now...i have a bsc in communications technology and a diploma in geology...and bro i saw both on that list...geology was there and different options of ict was there...i really dont know if that fund would be able to start a nice diploma course for like a year before subsequent semeseters
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 8:04am On Mar 13, 2017
WestAfrican:

Most schools accept tuition fees on semester or trimester bases but then you have to pay your deposit up-front.

You won't be able to obtain a PR via tafe or vocational training, you do need at least a 2 years degree to be eligible.
That being said this link can be useful for your school search

If your first degree is in the sol or csol list you may want to give it a go.
bro...i just graduated...i have just 1.5 mill with me now...am at a crossroad now...i have a bsc in communications technology and a diploma in geology...and bro i saw both on that list...geology was there and different options of ict was there...i really dont know if that fund would be able to start a nice diploma course for like a year before subsequent semeseters
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:12am On Mar 13, 2017
jendy36:
Hi! Good morning all. Any one applying for a pathway course in Australia? What's the duration and tution fee for international students?
Try to rephrase your questions (is duration for law not different from medicine also is oau tuition same unilag or Bowen university )
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 13, 2017
Hello nairalanders, please can I use my uncle as a sponsor although we don't bear the same name ? This is very urgent
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jendy36(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2017
Solitin40:

Try to rephrase your questions (is duration for law not different from medicine also is oau tuition same unilag or Bowen university )

Thanks bro for replying. Duration for a pathway course in electrical and electronics engineering. Why I didn't mention any school is because I am open to suggestions on the cheapest institutions. Any response will be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2017
Dear House, please assist with a reference letter format for admission. i intend getting it from a supervisor not my employer. please help with a format.

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.