Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043449 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lchilax: 12:17pm On May 29, 2015
coldgate:

Congratulations! I tap into this good news in Jesus name.

thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lchilax: 12:23pm On May 29, 2015
coldgate:

Congratulations! I tap into this good news in Jesus name.

thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by boyghobo: 12:31pm On May 29, 2015
great job being done on this forum,im surprised a lot of people already in australia find time to still come back here.
I was wondering if pictures where banned on this thread,guys over there,pleases upload pictures of sydney,queensland etc once in a while,pictures make this site more colourful and more inspiring.would really like to see nigerians rocking that place.thanks.

10 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Jetspeed: 1:02pm On May 29, 2015
ferdimako:

Bros, I got it now.

Just sent you a PM
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udokas: 1:07pm On May 29, 2015
Is PTE accepted by Engineers Australia for skills assessment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gogochocolate: 1:11pm On May 29, 2015
johnsontade:

Hi Gogochocolate,
We are almost in the same shoes because i just got my canadian PNP nomination and have just 4-5 months max to complete the whole process. The nomination wasn't expected and i already had my CDR application packaged to run my EA assessment with 10 points IELTS in my bag which gives me at least 60-70 % assurance that my Australian PR would also be granted if i continue with the process.

After long research and findings via google, forums and landed migrants, i found out that the decision lies solely in your hands and depends on what you really want to do and where you project yourself to be in the next few years. Whichever one you go for would definitely pay off after becoming a citizen cos you can always get an Australian work permit with your Canadian passport vice versa.

Before i proceed, i just want you to know that the KEY to settling down in either one of the two is having a qualification(diploma or degree) after arrival which may either be in your present occupation or a new occupation(no harm whatsoever in changing or switching careers as long as its going to pay off in the long term). This is a little summary from my findings:

AUSTRALIA
1. Very good country and easier to land a job with your foreign qualification compared to Canada. Civil Engineers seems to be having a good time presently despite the stiffness in the engineering job market.
2. Higher minimum wage with good weather compared to Canada(living expenses are higher than canada though).
3. Schooling isn't really tough compared to Canada.
4. More online degrees and courses which makes it easier to work and study at the same time.
5. Lower tax compared to Canada(Just a little bit tho)
6. Far to other America & Europe unlike Canada.
7. You become a Citizen after 4 years thereby having access to 168 countries visa free.

CANADA
1. Very strict about their local experience. A country for technicians and people who work or want to get into the Oil & Gas industry especially in Alberta & Saskatchewan. Examples of the hot occupations are Instrumentation, electrical, power engineering, heavy duty mechanic, petroleum engineering. Australia, US and other oil producing countries including Nigeria would offer you a job if you have Canadian Oil & Gas experience.
2. Stuffs like Automobiles and real estate are very much cheaper.
3. Very cold weather except Vancouver where it kinda rains a lot.
4. Easy to land a job once you go back to school to get a diploma in any technical Oil & Gas related field.
5. Comparable wages in some provinces with low tax e.g. Alberta
6. You become a Citizen after 3 years and also have access to about 168 countries.
7. Definitely more lively and much more multicultural with so much fun activities to do (the lifestyle there is almost the same as the US )
8. Much larger black/Nigerian community.

I just summarized it cos i'm on the road and can't type much. Like i said earlier, the decision lies in your hands and you can never go wrong with whichever one you choose to go. All you need is a well laid out plan and smartness...every other thing would fall in place.

Thank you so much everyone for responding to my issue now i can make an informed decision and pray to God for Guidance. For those complaining about IELTS i think you need to download at least three of four editions of cambridge IELTS and practice it using various scenarios and i believe you should ace it. I think the most challenging part is the writing aspect which can be tackled by downloading a book called target IELTS seven. It is a book that solely concentrates on writing. I believe if you do that you should scale through. I toke IELTS only once and scored an aggregate of 8.5 : Reading 9 Speaking 8 Listening 9 Writing 8. I read engineering and i do have spelling challenges but i made sure i used words that i could spell correctly in my writing on the day of the exam. The goal is to make sure you download and practice materials for a minimum of 3 weeks before the exam. Do not assume English is easy because our lingual franca is English. In the writing make sure you highlight the pros and cons of issue so that the writer will see that you have a balanced view of an issue. This is my two kobo contribution.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 29, 2015
udokas:
Do they care about English test? DIBP accepts all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 1:37pm On May 29, 2015
lchilax:
Gardens point, u there?

Oh Ok. No I don't attend QUT, I was just wondering as my campus is a bit close to QUT KG.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 1:39pm On May 29, 2015
lchilax:
Someone prophesied that our miracle is in this new thread fellow forumites join me in thanking God, i just got my visa Grant today28 may 2015 subclass 573 svp. So am heading to brisbane by his grace. Anyone in QUT?

CONGRATULATIONS ooooo
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 1:40pm On May 29, 2015
udokas:

Only IELTS with a score of 6 in all components is acceptable by Engineers Australia. As earlier advised by NNBB2012, i suggest you download and read the EA skilled migration assessment booklet.
https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/shado/About%20Us/Migration%20Skills%20Assessment/msa_booklet.pdf

Also consult the FAQ's on the EA website.
https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/FAQ/2217
It answers this question and more

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lchilax: 2:28pm On May 29, 2015
missakomaye:

CONGRATULATIONS ooooo

thanks missakomaye
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawson05: 4:55pm On May 29, 2015
Good day guys happy democracy day to we Nigerians.... Pls I read medical lab tech and I have 6 years experience I want to work in Australia pls how do I go about it Keep d good work going thanks and God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 29, 2015
Not yet, I hope to be in Melbourne Jan. Are you in Melbourne? Let's share minds.

gabie002:
Please are you in melbourne?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2015
dexterinc2003:

I dont know much about the undergraduate route,but i will advice she continues with the ielts,although i later found out that not all schools demand for an ielts,only problem is that if you are looking for a school without the ielts requirement,you will narrow your school options greatly.
At 27,im sure she has a first degree and you also,with some job experience,why not try the 189 route?i think it will be a better option(although it takes longer) ,as you can also decide to study or work when you get there.
You forgot to mention what course she wants to study,as some schools have advantages over others in certain courses.

PS:your chances of migration can only be determined by the point test,schools listed under svp dont require bank statements,and finally australian schools are not cheap bro.
she's planning to study education, and yes,she has a first degree. but we want her to go through undergrad for longer visa cos we are going with the family. does the student visa come fast?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Julietdanny: 10:22pm On May 29, 2015
Good evening house...does anybody know where OTE exams is done? Please help me out...Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 10:29pm On May 29, 2015
Julietdanny:
Good evening house...does anybody know where OTE exams is done? Please help me out...Thanks
Google will easily give you that...

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighthouse4real: 7:39am On May 30, 2015
Julietdanny:

Hello. Are you referring to Ocupational English Test (OET) and not OTE? I'm not familiar with the latter one you quoted.
Google it and everything about it ( centres, materials, mode of payment etc) is on their website. Take care
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gabie002: 10:49am On May 30, 2015
Awww jan is is a while from now. I should be there mid july by Gods grace!
erictack2003:
Not yet, I hope to be in Melbourne Jan. Are you in Melbourne? Let's share minds.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weemee: 12:09pm On May 30, 2015
Someone requested for pictures.
GCUH,Gold Coast

7 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weemee: 12:16pm On May 30, 2015
Surfers Paradise

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weemee: 12:20pm On May 30, 2015
GC

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 3:18pm On May 30, 2015
Please i want to say thanks to the bosses that are helping us out here with our queries.....
Please I have done my medicals and about to go to teleperformance, I want to ask if its the photocopy of the medicals and bank statement or the originals I have to include in my application
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stepo707: 3:26pm On May 30, 2015
Please has anyone that did ielts exam on may 16th seen his/her exam online yet?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lchilax: 3:51pm On May 30, 2015
Bryanpro:
Please i want to say thanks to the bosses that are helping us out here with our queries.....
Please I have done my medicals and about to go to teleperformance, I want to ask if its the photocopy of the medicals and bank statement or the originals I have to include in my application

svp or non svp?

your medicals will be sent directly to the embassy
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kolawolead(m): 4:02pm On May 30, 2015
I understand that events would have overtaken this particular post but I wanted to add my voice in appreciating you @BossLadyMo. I am a benefactor of your kindness. More so now that you live in Australia, we are truly blessed to have your support (and others' on this forum) because time is of a different value when one lives in a western country.

My sister, God will continue to strengthen you and your family as you strive to help people you have never met in your life. The same goes for all other legendary helpers, God will come to your support in every aspect of your lives. God well bless all our hustle, Amen.

Keep flying high BossLady, regards.

bossladymo1:
I derive pleasure from helping people. It's just the way I am, the way I am programmed. I am not some sadistic psycopath who derives pleasure from online attention. I am of the opinion that no one should be left in Nigeria, if they have the chance to gain a better life abroad....especially people with kids. Looking at my kids, I know that even if something happens and we can't afford to pay for their education...they have a government and systems in place to enable them continue their education as much as they can. So if I can help anyone else in any way I can, why not? I don't answer questions to show off. I say what I know. I was once a novice also. I remember my very first post on this thread. But I took my time to research thoroughly...like I said, I was not willing to spend a huge chunk of money on a process I knew nothing about.

So for someone to come and say there is more to me 'online niceness'....hmmm.....

I will let it die there.

Thanks to everyone who came to my defence.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2015
lchilax:

svp or non svp?
your medicals will be sent directly to the embassy
Its Non SVP
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawson05: 4:48pm On May 30, 2015
To all d bosses esp our bossmummy pls I need ur urgent reply to my post
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ninibabe: 6:05pm On May 30, 2015
lawson05:
Good day guys happy democracy day to we Nigerians.... Pls I read medical lab tech and I have 6 years experience I want to work in Australia pls how do I go about it Keep d good work going thanks and God bless

I thought you have gotten Australian Visa?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shapoh(m): 7:41pm On May 30, 2015
@mrnilobrawn...Please can u tell me about "certified true copy" i tried searching back on part1 thread for list of people that could certify a document as true copy. I wasnt sure if on the thread someone said NPF cannot certify a document a true copy.

Thanks....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 8:14pm On May 30, 2015
shapoh:
@mrnilobrawn...Please can u tell me about "certified true copy" i tried searching back on part1 thread for list of people that could certify a document as true copy. I wasnt sure if on the thread someone said NPF cannot certify a document a true copy.

Thanks....
Goto federal court or supreme Court or magistrate court or (federal) ministry of justice...just any court is fine to certify ur docs. Nigeria Police are not my frnd hence they cant certify docs in Nigeria.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shapoh(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2015
lol, thanks bro.....lwkmd ooooo, but NPF can also do it right, just dat u dont like dem.....
mrnilobrawn:

Goto federal court or supreme Court or magistrate court or (federal) ministry of justice...just any court is fine to certify ur docs. Nigeria Police are not my frnd hence they cant certify docs in Nigeria.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawson05: 8:30pm On May 30, 2015
[quote author=Ninibabe post=34254656]

I thought you have gotten Australian Visa?
Yeah @Ninibabe I ve gotten it already. Ds post is for my wife.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: Reanzi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.