Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan (5966 Views)

Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Sooroptimist1: 5:54pm On May 26, 2015
I can’t be a party to Nigeria’s disintegration – Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday said he would never be a part of any action that can lead to Nigeria’s disintegration.

He said the predictions that the country would cease to exist in 2015 could have come true if he had not taken the decision to concede defeat in the March 28 Presidential election.

Looking back, he said he was happy he took that decision because Nigerians still have a country to call their own.

Jonathan spoke while receiving members of the Universal Peace Foundation who were in the Presidential Villa, Abuja, to confer on him an award of Peace-Loving Global Citizen.

He said it was his commitment to the unity of the country that made his administration to put together the National Conference in order to address the issues that tend to divide Nigerians.

The President said, “Everybody knew about the predictions (that Nigeria will cease to exist by 2015). Anything could have made those predictions become true. After all, we fought a civil war for about three years before as a nation.

“We have our challenges, the idea of that National Conference is to look at these weak cleavages we have in this country.

“We just finished that conference and were thinking of how to implement its recommendations so that Nigeria will become a stronger and more united nation.

“I cannot be a party to the disintegration of the country. I am quite pleased with what has happened. We have a country, the country will be more united.

“We only pray that the incoming government should appreciate the contributions of everybody and see how we can run Nigeria as a country that belongs to everybody: all citizens, irrespective of political affiliations or creeds.”

Jonathan said Vice President Namadi Sambo who ran on the same ticket with him and the Peoples Democratic Party that provided the platform for them should also share in the encomium being showered on him.

While saying if he had won the election, Sambo too would have remained in office, the President said by that singular act, the two of them would be packing out of their offices on Friday.

He said he took the decision to concede defeat because he had always been telling those around him that there must be a nation before individuals can talk of ambitions.

He added that it has also been his position that even if he would be the President for 25 years, he would not be happy if Nigerians are killed because of him.

He said it was one thing to hold office, and it was another thing to be happy and be satisfied with one’s conscience.

“Yes, there are different human beings. If you look at the behaviours of people, even among siblings, some of them could turn to be imams and pastors, while some will be armed robbers.

“Even somebody that has that kind of criminal intention or he is very vindictive or who by nature does not care if people are dying, even if half of his countrymen and women die for him to be a President, he will celebrate it.

“But for me, God did not create me that way and I cannot fit in. I believe that for us to hold any office that we want to, we must have a nation,” he added.

Jonathan added that the years he had spent in office had given him an experience that no school could give.

He reinstated his position that once he leaves office, he would dedicate the remaining part of his life to issues that will bring unity and peace to the country.

He urged Nigerians to commit themselves to the strengthening of those things that can unite the country rather than things that can further divide it.

SOURCE:http://www.punchng.com/news/i-cant-be-a-party-to-nigerias-disintegration-jonathan/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by politricks: 5:55pm On May 26, 2015
Jonathan dont mind those empty chest beating cowards calling themselves 'Biafran warriors'(embarrassing the word 'warrior'). They are terrorists that are after their pockets. One wonders why their leaders are not agitating for this same Biafra but are seen romancing themselves with the incoming government. Set of confused and demented souls that does not want the progress of Nigeria.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by socialmediaman: 5:55pm On May 26, 2015
Well, Mr President, I agree with you that we should work together to remain a nation, and part of remaining together as a nation is making sure that those who embezzle and misuse public funds are brought to justice, they should also be happy to pay for their actions while holding public office.

Isn't that the spirit of justice and fairness?

6 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by doublewisdom: 5:56pm On May 26, 2015
Sensible man. Unlike that cow.

5 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by hassan85(m): 5:58pm On May 26, 2015
But you can be a party to cluelessness. 2days 2go. Just leave our sight.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:00pm On May 26, 2015
[size=24pt]Commenting...[/size]
Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 26, 2015
one way okada ticket back to otu-eke .

even though my closest human attachment is from there through blood line .

bye bye goodluck repent from your sins ,chukwu abiama has forgiven you my clueless .
Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Sooroptimist1: 6:05pm On May 26, 2015
Those ethnic bigots who hid behind the South-South and Jonathan's ambition to wish evil upon Nigeria must be reeling in sorrow and shame now

These charlatans turned themselves into Niger Delta activists overnight( though they are from a different ethnic tribe) while masking their evil intentions.....They applauded every threats of Asari Dokubo against the Nigerian state. They urged on FFK and Fayose in their diatribes and hate campaign against the North and Gen Buhari not because they like both disgraceful individuals but for the secessionist agenda they harbour to the effect that the aftermath of the elections will hasten the Nations disintegration

But to their eternal shame and damnation,Jonathan having being shown the extent of his failed tenure and corruption quickly beat a retreat and turned an apostle of peace overnight in 'exchange' for a soft landing in the international community leaving the ultimatum issuers dazed and cowed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by georjay(m): 6:06pm On May 26, 2015
Okay jonah
Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by realtestament(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2015
Our surest president has spoken grin grin grin

#u 2 much jor

1 Like

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by freedom96: 6:09pm On May 26, 2015
doublewisdom:
Sensible man. Unlike that cow.
Yea..the cow that led its men to slaughter and ran away.

I so much dislike that cow angry even though its manhood still lives on... cheesy grin grin

14 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by abduljabbar4(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2015
doublewisdom:
Sensible man. Unlike that cow(ojukwu).

5 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by jorlons(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2015
Very well said. I hope they listen, and stop their mission which will eventually end up in futility if they decide to continue.

The last thing we need now as a nation, is unnecessary distractions.

2 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by omenka(m): 6:13pm On May 26, 2015
He says one thing in front of the press and does the exact opposite behind cameras. Jonathan has been giving a tacit approval to those who are hell bent on ripping apart the sovereignty and national security of this nation.

He can't say he's not aware of those broadcasts.

He still imagines that Nigerians are fools.

4 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by tucky200(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2015
doublewisdom:
Sensible man. Unlike my papa wey be cow.
grin

1 Like

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Femolacaster(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2015
Oh! Biafra, where art thou

2 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Femolacaster(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2015
Oh! Biafra, where art thou

1 Like

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by drizzydrag(m): 6:20pm On May 26, 2015
Oga Jonah, u were always a good person back den wen we were secondary school mate dat u were shoeless, not until u joined PDP. Buh now dat PDP is on its way to extinction, u will definitely come back to yo good sense *wink*

1 Like

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Sooroptimist1: 6:21pm On May 26, 2015
omenka:
He says one thing in front of the press and does the exact opposite behind cameras. Jonathan has been giving a tacit approval to those who are hell bent on ripping apart the sovereignty and national security of this nation.

You are so on point

He did all those with the mindset of scaring people to vote him willy-nilly but it backfired most resoundingly

Jonathan is a very despicable and loathsome the man. i have never been taken in by his Catholitic mien as i have come to see him as a serpent who hides under the cloak of pseudo-humility to unleash the most horrendous wickedness on Nigeria and Nigerians

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Trailblazer1(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2015
undecided
Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by egift(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2015
Good. I doff my hat on this. It is only Children of Anachy that will which to drag Aligbo to untold hardship, sorrow, agony, pain, death and destruction over a hopeless and irrelevant quest for division in a relatively peaceful Nigeria.

What Ndigbo need is development and good governance. Anyone seeking otherwise is chasing shadows.

God bless Aligbo and our beloved country Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by PentiumPro(f): 6:24pm On May 26, 2015

“I cannot be a party to the disintegration of the country. I am quite pleased with what has happened. We have a country, the country will be more united.

This is the reason the Biafrans have been insulting the man on RB, they were hoping on him to create anarchy by rejecting the poll results, and capitalizing on that to declare a state of Biafra, but Jona no get ball.

5 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by atlwireles: 6:26pm On May 26, 2015
Look at Jonathan haters gladly pointing to his comment undecided, the same ones wishing him death yesterday. Make una dey fool unaselves. Jonathan welcome back home, but remember it was never about you. That's what your detractors never understood. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Trailblazer1(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

You are so on point

He did all those with the mindset of scaring people to vote him willy-nilly but it backfired most resoundingly

Jonathan is a very despicable and loathsome the man. i have never been taken in by his Catholitic mien as i have come to see him as a serpent who hides under the cloak of pseudo-humility to unleash the most horrendous wickedness on Nigeria and Nigerians
TRIBALSTOOGE:
bye bye
TRIBALSTOOGE post=34116948:
bye bye goodluck repent from your sins ,chukwu abiama has forgiven you my clueless .
goodluck repent from your sins ,chukwu abiama has forgiven you my clueless .
TRIBALSTOOGE:
omenka:

I'm saying this to your ugly faces that Jonathan is a hero cool

1 Like

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by egift(m): 6:28pm On May 26, 2015
PentiumPro:
This is the reason the Biafrans have been insulting the man on RB, they were hoping on him to create anarchy by rejecting the poll results, and capitalizing on that to declare a state of Biafra, but Jona no get ball.

Exactly. Suddenly they started insulting him like hell.

I just pity some helpless folks that have been continually brain washed.

1 Like

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 26, 2015
Trailblazer1:

I'm saying this to your ugly faces that Jonathan is a hero cool

i love jonathan but he guffed up big time that's my take
Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 26, 2015
Sir.
I supported you will all my heart.
But on this note:
You are on your own.

Nigeria was created for us by slave traders.
We want to create a country of our own where we shall have only one law for all.
Where promotion must be by merit and nobody will be butchered in the name of God.

It is only a matter of time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by ezeagu(m): 6:31pm On May 26, 2015
It's not about him! Any movement for sovereignty has nothing to do with him.

2 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by chiefinalowo: 6:31pm On May 26, 2015
Even GEJ rejected failure (biafra).
ibos are alone on this.
I was telling ibos 2 days ago that no Ijaw man especially Bayelsans will associate with biafra (failure)

2 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by ezeagu(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2015
PentiumPro:

Actually, his losing helped.

politricks:
Jonathan dont mind those empty chest beating cowards calling themselves 'Biafran warriors'(embarrassing the word 'warrior'). They are terrorists that are after their pockets. One wonders why their leaders are not agitating for this same Biafra but are seen romancing themselves with the incoming government. Set of confused and demented souls that does not want the progress of Nigeria.

Drinking panadol for another mans headache.

3 Likes

Re: SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan by Young03(m): 6:34pm On May 26, 2015
Good for him
;
i dont care about his statements

will it change the price of fuel in lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayodele Fayose Spotted At Apc Secretariat In Ado Ekiti - Photo / Hamas, Hezbollah Are Freedom Fighters You Hypocrites—Tinubu’s Aide Blasts US, UK / PDP Wins All Seats In Taraba LG Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.