Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) (26086 Views)

Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / 2019: Presidential Nomination Forms To Cost N10million / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 8:12am On May 27, 2015
GodMode:

You can be friendly/accommodating and still be tribalistic...

Yorubas are tribalistic...

OBJ is the only un-tribalistic yoruba I know...

OBJ is a failure cos he wasn't a tribalistic...

Imagine a YORUBA man trying to extradite another YORUBA man to the U.S.

That's pure foolishness..

How many U.S citizens have the U.S extradited to NIGERIA
We are discussing the rail. Keep your bitterness to yourself. You are police, judge and jury on who is tribalistic and who is not. We are not interested in that . We in the SW are moving forward regardless of any hater

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Jobneeded12: 8:13am On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:

It's great to hear your views on this. Can you please expand more on the highlighted, because Igbos on this site are angry for a reason. They tend to call Yoruba a betrayal and backstabber.

Awolowo never signed any agreement with OJUKU it's one of the distorted tales Igbos tell themselves to justify their hatred and envy of yorubas

7 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by ba7man(m): 8:14am On May 27, 2015
truefact:

I said what is still holding you...seeing how progressive you are? To me, it is act of foolishness and cowardice that you are yet to start seceding
You prepare before doing somthing of that magnitude.

Its not somthing that's done overnight based on sentiment and emotions. The last time the SE tried it without preparation, you know its result.

You guys just shout Biafa in the media but you truly aren't united. We're already making in-house plans to link our cities by rail, guys like you are still listening to hate broadcasts about your percieved enemies.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by WhoBeThisMan: 8:14am On May 27, 2015
truefact:
.why are yorubas afraid of being their own? Yorubas claim to be progressive and sophisticated, they claim to love each other, yet they coward enough not want to be on their own and have the most wonderful country in Africa..
Yorubas if you are all the goodies you claim to be, I bet you will be the one fighting for secession

Yoruba learn to stand on your own after all you could have been the first Africans to have independence. ..you claim to be first in every thing. ...at least you can be the first to secede and have a progressive country
Sto tribalism. This is not about Yoruba, it's about building our own country. They are doing their own little part.
Tribalism and racism are one spirit. Say no to tribalism

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by OkutaNla: 8:14am On May 27, 2015
GodMode:

You can be friendly/accommodating and still be tribalistic...

IGBOS are tribalistic...

OKOROCHA is the only un-tribalistic IGBOMAN I know...

OKOROCHA is a failure cos he wasn't a tribalistic...

Imagine an IGBOMAN (BiafranPrince) openly called for the killing/lynching of another IGBOMAN (Okorocha) on Nairaland simply coz he doesn't support Biafra agitation -- the thread had to be pulled down and the OP censured as a result!
That's pure foolishness..

How hateful and intolerant can a people be? ? ?

There. Fixed -- You can thank me later.

p.s: That Yorubas refuse to support a fellow Yoruba that was caught doing evil shows how untribalistic we are actually. There are criminals in every tribe, of course. But we chose to look beyond tribalism in this particular instance and frankly the e-goat I quoted only ended up proving just that.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by GodMode: 8:14am On May 27, 2015
Dollyak:

That's just heartbreaking. The rivalry has brought out ugly hatreds from both sides. One person called me a bastard and told me I am not better than a goat just because my Mum married a Yoruba. Yorubas too are just as bad if you criticise their behaviour toward Igbos.
How I wish both side can sit down, be logical and constructive for the best of both parties.

There's no rivalry between Yoruba and any tribe...

All the tribes come to Yorubaland to succeed and later brand it NO MAN'S LAND because of the attitude of the Yoruba...

Yoruba are not naïve.. They will condone abusive words for now... They're working towards making Yorubaland better..

OBJ is a mistake..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Jobneeded12: 8:15am On May 27, 2015
truefact:

Does it mean you can't stand on your own? Are you not a progressive again? Are you the best and first? Or you truly a coward who only use propaganding to massage his ego? You are nothing...
Nobody care to stand your pace...great people always want to prove a point by doing great things...we want out...Your pace is cowardice

Coward igbo declsre your BIAFRA or shut up lol your afraid abi
I swear Awolowo would have done worse dirty trine

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Islie: 8:15am On May 27, 2015
With this pace of development..... The Lagos Ogun Oyo axis will be an envy of all regions in this nation

Nice concept I must say

7 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by watchindelta(m): 8:17am On May 27, 2015
project wey never start nil who Nah dey fight put? weda dey go do am self who Nah never no. yeye ppl
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by OkutaNla: 8:17am On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:

That was really an amazing read. I do appreciate it.

Hope you now understand the true picture of what transpired and can see through the lies some disgruntled elements are spreading about Awo.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Nobody: 8:17am On May 27, 2015
By the end of the project, Lagos debt will climb to 800 billion naira...

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by bayulll01(m): 8:18am On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:

To be honest, I didn't know the history of Nigeria and was beginning to dislike Awolowo.
Thanks for clearing this up. I am sure Igbos too will have their own view on the war, which I will be glad to know.

Dislike awo,who cares so he should sit and allow yiiboss to conquer lagos and latter rub it to our face that we are lazy,ibo wanabe if u like hate him who cares

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by crystaliyamu20(m): 8:19am On May 27, 2015
Congratulation to our subscribers who won with us last week, for fixed games on the romanian, french, and east europe league,contact our agent on 2348136171479 and subscribe today and get your 100% sure win.
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 8:21am On May 27, 2015
Jobneeded12:

Awolowo never signed any agreement with OJUKU it's one of the distorted tales Igbos tell themselves to justify their hatred and envy of yorubas
Eboes have no use for truth so ignore them . They are inconsequential and childish people. They are scheming and we are scheming ,we shall soon know who is the best schemer. The thing the Eboe man enjoys more than anything is boasting and so once you ignore that you starve him of oxygen.What you have is an attention seeking frustrated people why argue with them. I have never seen lions argue with goats. There is only one language they communicate with

10 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dewze(m): 8:21am On May 27, 2015
truefact:
.why are yorubas afraid of being their own? Yorubas claim to be progressive and sophisticated, they claim to love each other, yet they coward enough not want to be on their own and have the most wonderful country in Africa..
Yorubas if you are all the goodies you claim to be, I bet you will be the one fighting for secession

Yoruba learn to stand on your own after all you could have been the first Africans to have independence. ..you claim to be first in every thing. ...at least you can be the first to secede and have a progressive country

Your own people will not progress by asking stupid questions like this. Stop worrying about the Yorubas and start putting pressure on your own leaders to formulate policies in their various states that will benefit you. Trust me bro this is the only way, I repeat the only way you can achieve the true freedom you seek.

N.B my response is on the assumption that you are not a pretender trying to further the riff btwn the Igbos and Yorubas for your own selfish gain. You may as well be Northerner or even a Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Jobneeded12: 8:22am On May 27, 2015
GodMode:

There's no rivalry between Yoruba and any tribe...

All the tribes come to Yorubaland to succeed and later brand it NO MAN'S LAND because of the attitude of the Yoruba...

Yoruba are not naïve.. They will condone abusive words for now... They're working towards making Yorubaland better..

OBJ is a mistake..

Thank you no tribe can compete with yoruba I don't understand why Igbos need to see us as competing lol Beyoncé (yoruba) no dey compete with SOLANGE( igbo)

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Jobneeded12: 8:23am On May 27, 2015
Islie:
With this pace of development..... The Lagos Ogun Oyo axis will be an envy of all regions in this nation

Nice concept I must say

You forgot ondo
Lagos-Ogun-Ondo-Oyo will be leading the nation
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Nobody: 8:24am On May 27, 2015
truefact:

Stop this nonsense. Are you saying that once a group of people start doing well then the next thing is to try and break the country? This type of reasoning is highly unacceptable.

What we want is healthy competition which will eventually lead to a better Nigeria for all. Stop all this divide Nigeria nonsense please.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 8:24am On May 27, 2015
chuna1985:
By the end of the project, Lagos debt will climb to 800 billion naira...
The project itself will generate DIRECT income in perpetuity which shall be incremental. It shall also increase the capacity to generate revenue from a more productive economy.

Regarding the debt claim what is the source of that claim ? Is the project to be funded by Lagos State exclusively?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by tolexy007(m): 8:24am On May 27, 2015
y can't dey extend it to ondo state? southwest is developing but I tink is only Lagos and Ogun state are d only beneficial..Akure too needs railway

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Bluffly: 8:25am On May 27, 2015
truefact:

You senses is inside your anus, hence you lack wisdom. Your tribe is just characterized by the same characteristics of South Sudanese and every indications points to that fact that your tribe will even be more worst in terms of what they are currently experiencing. You and your tribe lack wisdom hence your predicaments. In fact, you lack understanding and are very dumb as a foot stool. I pity your generation yet unborn if this your mentality fails to change.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by after1: 8:25am On May 27, 2015
[s]
anonimi:
I thought there is a NRC shuttle train that runs along this Ogun-Lagos corridor several times daily.

Is it not more beneficial, value-for-money to increase the frequency and hire coaches/schedules to private companies instead of spending almost $3 billion building a parallel line with aloku metal scrap Toronto trains like the ones Fashola inspected since 2011 and paid $1 billion World Bank loan for that are yet to be seen in Lagos, four years after

]
[/s]

Dont derail this thread with your foolishness, must everything be Fashola this and that.... If you have problem with Fashola, open a thread and vent your anger and frustration instead of polluting every thread with your madness. Mschew

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by micktoxin(m): 8:26am On May 27, 2015
bayulll01:

Dislike awo,who cares so he should sit and allow yiiboss to conquer lagos and latter rub it to our face that we are lazy,ibo wanabe if u like hate him who cares
From your comment I can easily tell you have a mental capacity of a 14 years old. Go and get a good education to help your poor comprehension skills.
An intelligent man would've known I didn't know much about what happened. If truly, Awolowo had killed those people out of selfishness or greed then it is only right I view him in a bad light. Thank God he didn't and he still remains the greatest leader Africa has ever seen. I doubt you are educated enough to appreciate his vision either. So run along young man.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by perragy(m): 8:27am On May 27, 2015
Billion is now like thousand... that is not enough to worth that amount... thieves!!!

micktoxin:

http://leadership.ng/business/436265/lagos-metro-rail-transit-to-cost-n456bn-says-md-infrastructure-bank

Lagos state is forging way ahead of every state.
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 8:27am On May 27, 2015
tolexy007:
y can't dey expand it to ondo state? southwest is developing but I tink is only Lagos and Ogun state are d only beneficial..Akure too needs railway
That will happen in fact it will expand to Warri in the long run as soon as there is peace and also to Accra . Capital is the main constraint . Lagos will be an economic hub not limited to Nigeria. The thought of the future gives me a violent erectioon grin and the thought of the haterrs makes me explode grin

7 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by tolexy007(m): 8:30am On May 27, 2015
omonnakoda:
That will happen in fact it will expand to Warri in the long run as soon as there is peace and also to Accra . Capital is the main constraint . Lagos will be an economic hub not limited to Nigeria. The thought of the future gives me a violent erectioon grin and the thought of the haterrs makes me explode grin
lolz.....and who are d haterz?
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by NewNigeriaMind: 8:30am On May 27, 2015
Dollyak:

Yorubas were never this tribalistic, what happened? Yorubas are one of the most friendly and accommodating people in Africa. Some of the comments here is now making me think otherwise. My dad and most peoole I know are not like this. I hope they are not the odd one.

I am sure you dad will be different when he knows the true mind of the other tribes around him.

Most importantly, what is wrong with praying for yoruba leaders. Pls what is wrong with my comment.

I will appreciate if you can tell me what is wrong with saying God should support yoruba leaders to govern yoruba land correctly

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 8:31am On May 27, 2015
tolexy007:

lolz.....and who are d haterz?
Hooshy,Hickyshookoo Shinnydoo and Hoonkyshee
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by prince2015: 8:32am On May 27, 2015
truefact:

CLEARLY ORIJIN IS DISTURBING THIS MAN,
Secede if you want to now, if Yoruba are not talking about it why carry somebody problems on your head

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Jobneeded12: 8:33am On May 27, 2015
Yup
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 8:33am On May 27, 2015
I imagine that Ogun State will contribute to the cost?
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by kodded(m): 8:34am On May 27, 2015
Jobneeded12:

It's those dirty stinky Biafra that need to be taught a lesson whenever it's then they shout igbo Kwenu so we must do the same, nonetheless we are okay with our Niger delta brithers oil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adeleke Reacts To Suit Seeking His Sack From Senate, Reveals ‘sponsor’ / FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions / Governor Sanwo-Olu Apprehends Traffic Defaulters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.