Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience (5224 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Why Is Cooldude62 Being Banned? / An Open Letter To Seun.I'm Tired Of Being Banned. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by GNature(m): 8:00am On Sep 16, 2006
nilla - thanks for creating this thread. It helps us know the things that can get one banned
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by iice(f): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2006
@GNature, lol the praise and thanks should go to nilla wink
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by GNature(m): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2006
Thanks iice. I have modified the post wink
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by iice(f): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2006
No problemo wink
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 12:12am On Sep 18, 2006
GNature:

nilla - thanks for creating this thread. It helps us know the things that can get one banned

your welcome smiley
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Seun(m): 10:56am On Sep 20, 2006
Let's try not to post in a way that will get us banned. Thanks. Don't attempt to attack me here.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by dominobaby(f): 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2006
Wow. I got banned twice. The first time i wrote the word 'school' abbreviated like 'skul' - i am using ma phone to post and so it really is tiring writing in longhand, but I've gotten used to the t9 phone stuff.
The second time i don't recall now but i recall admin later changed ma password with the excuse that he was trying to get rid of me. Funny.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by dominobaby(f): 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2006
Wow. I got banned twice. The first time i wrote the word 'school' abbreviated like 'skul' - i am using ma phone to post and so it really is tiring writing in longhand, but I've gotten used to the t9 phone stuff.
The second time i don't recall now but i recall admin later changed ma password with the excuse that he was trying to get rid of me. Funny.
Its all good right.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2006
Seun:

Let's try not to post in a way that will get us banned. Thanks. Don't attempt to attack me here.

Point taken smiley
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by 2old4that(m): 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2006
If bad deeds were to be punish like this in nigeria. Nigeria would've been law abiding nation. lol  grin
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2006
lol
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Brownsuga(f): 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2006
mrmayor:

Recently in Ireland there is a new TV show called Extreme Views,where everyone from the IRA,Islamic Fundamentalist,White Power and Aryan Nation have being given the opportunity to speak.You may find their opinions disgusting but you can't deny them or arrest them because a man says he supports the 9/11 attacks.

In Europe this is a true reality and even encouraged. However under the defensive umbrella of 'democracy and freedom of speech', alot of damage is being committed against humanity.

In Holland, for example, paedophiles have established a political party where they argue that peadophily should be legalised, of course many abhor this and are against it, but others also say it is 'their democratic right'.
I think it is sickening what is happening in Europe,
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Seun(m): 12:43am On Sep 25, 2006
If you want free speech, start your own website. I have the freedom to enforce "arbitrary" rules on mine.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Nutter(m): 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2006
Yes, we copy. You never cease to remind us.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2006
i think we should have free speech to some level though (that are still within the rules of nl)
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Coco29(f): 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2006
Seun:

If you want free speech, start your own website. I have the freedom to enforce "arbitrary" rules on mine.
rolls eyes

is there a reason to get banned ? seun bans as he feels when he feels, but i guess nl would not be nl with out the drama.

i was banned on several occasions,

for going off topic and writing in all caps.

i was banned for 4 hrs  i took my punishment like a lady i had a very long bath after telling all my friends how much i hate seun.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by goodguy(m): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2006
What about those who can't come back here (FOD et al) to tell us their own experience? grin

Threads like this make me laugh.  Anyway, I have been banned uncountable times. grin grin

I'll prolly share my experiences (those that I can recall) whenever I have the time.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2006
if it makes you laugh, why are you posting
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by goodguy(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2006
Please don't get me wrong.

When people create threads for this banning of a thing, and they narrate their experiences (especially when it's their first time of getting banned), and also tell the duration of their ban, as well as how they felt during that period, it usually makes me remember those days when I used to get banned, both for understandable reasons, and for totally ridiculous reasons.  I usually feel theirs is nothing compared to all I've been through (and they are complaning), because I am yet to read anyone's banning experience that supersedes mine.  That makes me laugh.

That's what I mean.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Chxta(m): 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2006
Make I yarn?
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Nutter(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2006
cheesy Yarn.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2006
@ goodguy,

you see, thats why this thread is here, so people can learn from other peoples mistake.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by mrmayor(m): 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2006
Chxta:

Make I yarn?

Seun go ban you bifor you fit say alacrity!
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2006
lol
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Chxta(m): 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2006
mrmayor:

Seun go ban you bifor you fit say alacrity!

Point noted
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Nutter(m): 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2006
Oooh. I think say fear no dey catch you before. If na me you go dey open eye. tongue
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Chxta(m): 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2006
Y fear go catch mi as per u wen me and u don turn Tom and Jerry?

Seun na Abacha and if I yarn 4 here na u go start anoda 1 like dis 1.

U don notice say dat na d onli topik wey u don eva stat 4 Nairaland? If no be say me and u na boys I 4 yarn say u luv me. . .
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Nutter(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2006
waka!!!
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Seun(m): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2006
If you are repentant, you won't be banned for sharing your experience. Just be wise. wink
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Chxta(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2006
Seun:

If you are repentant, you won't be banned for sharing your experience. Just be wise. wink

I placed the image below as my signature, and Abacha here banned me even though it wasn't against the rules of the forum. I think he was having a hard-on or something of the sort, who knows. . .

On another occasion, I saw the following on my browser:

There was another that he banned me and c0dec for an hour because we were talking about something that he didn't know about.

In total I have been banned from these 'ere parts like 5 or 6 times.

Nutter:

waka!!!

Ka na ji Hausa?

Banza!!!
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Nutter(m): 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2006
You don dey post large graphics again abi? You no dey hear word. I'm not starting another thread for you oh. I'm a busy man!
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2006
chxta,

the signature image i think he banned you because it was too large. Thats the same thing that happened to me too. It would be nice, if while trying to add our signatures that a prompter would tell us that our bbc code shouldn't be too large.

Meanwhile the 2nd reason you listed, i don't know what to say lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Boko Haram Rat Poison. / SHOCKING!! Top Nollywood Actress, Aishat Abimbola, Omoge Campus Is Dead / Screenshots: Man Got Drunk And Added All His Ex-girlfriends To A Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.