Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:05 PM

Top 3 Pc Apps You Can’t Avoid - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Top 3 Pc Apps You Can’t Avoid (554 Views)

Best Android Apps You Must Have In Your PC.. Download It Now / Microsoft Windows 10: Five Free Apps You Should Download / You Can’t Block Mark Zuckerberg On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 3 Pc Apps You Can’t Avoid by kengreatleads(m): 11:25pm On May 27, 2015
In this current age, you don’t need “Ifa” to tell you that you’ve got to be computer literate to really cut it. Even though it may somewhat be obvious not everyone is privileged to have access to a computer, it’s important we all strive to be computer literate. More importantly, we should all endeavor to be able to use these three programs to a reasonable extent. Without much ado, I present to you in order of importance the three programs you shouldn’t avoid if you consider yourself computer literate…

Microsoft Word
It is expected that even if you’re an applicant or a business owner, you should be able to use Word. Apart from the fact that it is one of the most important word processors, it is quite simple and easy to work with. Due to its simplicity, you may not really need any serious training on how to use Word, play around the application a few times and you’d be amazed how good you’ve become at Word over time.

Microsoft Excel
Recall going for an interview and the interviewer was like: “Rate yourself on a 1 – 10 scale how good you are at Excel” and I quickly replied: 7/10. “Oh, that’s pretty good. Tell me about Macros” he asked. I couldn’t give a good answer because the scope of “My proficient Excel” didn’t cover Macros. I had to research on Macros to get myself updated as soon as I got home. Excel is another prominent member of the Microsoft Office clan. In terms of popularity and relevance, I consider Excel at the top of the Microsoft Office pyramid after Word. Although Excel maybe somehow complex compared to Word, you can be an Excel pro if you so desire. Depending on your career path, to be at the top of your game in some industries like finance, you just have to be really good at excel. Though for some industries like fashion, you may not really need to be an Excel guru, a little above basics of Excel should get you going.

Microsoft PowerPoint
If you desire to get to the peak of your career, at a point in time you’d have to deliver a presentation either directly or indirectly. At a far glance, PowerPoint may seem somehow complex but when you get to know the basics, you’d realize it’s quite simple with very little or no complexity.

What I often tell people: If you get close to the computer, it will get close to you. Believe me; on your own you can master these three applications with little or no external training, it all depends on your willingness and zeal. As far as computer literacy is concerned, you need to ask, ask and ask. Ask as much possible questions on anything you don’t understand on the computer, Kunle next door could have the answers to that Excel problems you’ve been trying to tackle, you never can tell. You don’t want to be like the guy in the picture above who claims to be proficient in Excel when he’s not, can be really embarrassing. I wish you luck on your quest to master these three important PC apps.

source: http://www.thypcdoc.com/2015/05/top-3-pc-apps-you-cant-avoid.html
Re: Top 3 Pc Apps You Can’t Avoid by ITbomb(m): 11:59pm On May 27, 2015
All those free pirated software that you are using, don't think Microsoft is not aware.
See why they allow you to use them http://www.ityunit.com/2015/04/why-microsoft-allows-pirated-software.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Do You Known Now That Can Upgrade Your Pc To Window 10 / How To Access Godmode Hidden Feature In Windows 10 / Hp Compaq Nc 6220 Hard Disk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.