Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Schooling Abroad With 500k? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schooling Abroad With 500k? (2181 Views)

Relocating Abroad With Family / Anyone Schooling In AUSTRIA / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 500k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schooling Abroad With 500k? by QuestionGuy: 11:37pm On May 27, 2015
Good day all. I am a guy in my late teens who is determined on studying off the shores of Nigeria due to our low educational standards. I recently got a raise of about 500,000 thousand naira (asides the monthly pocket money) and i'm worried and also wondering if it's enough for such an endeavor.

My course of study is information technology, and i'm hoping to study in a country like INDIA due to it being an IT HUB and it's low tuition fees/cost of accommodation and general standard of living. I have also heard of some universities in Europe with almost zero tuition fees but i lack the know-how/information about such schools and on how to apply.

I would greatly appreciate any advice/information from those with experience or those studying abroad regarding my situation.

Thank you all.
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by Cutehector(m): 12:19am On May 28, 2015
Go to india bro... And get urself traind on ict skills.. Wen ur done, thank me leta.
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by sobastical: 12:26am On May 28, 2015
Just check out the threads here and get some hints from them ask questions in any of the threads and you will get the needed info.. personally I will advice you start making enquiries from the schools that interest you from your preferred country, as some require a test of English while some don't and again do more research on their requirements as per qualifications. I recommend this site www.findaschool.org it's cool has a list of all countries and their uni with colleges.

Wish you the best!

1 Like

Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by propzncribz: 12:45am On May 28, 2015
Google international scholarship. I'm sure you will find one. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by masterjo: 6:06am On May 28, 2015
Since u talked about interest in IT, estonia might be a good destination for u though the competition is quite high now
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by guttentag(m): 7:44am On May 28, 2015
masterjo:
Since u talked about interest in IT, estonia might be a good destination for u though the competition is quite high now

How I apply for an admission in Estonia?
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by chimaamaechi17: 9:14am On May 28, 2015
guttentag:

u can apply tru dreamapply.com... but d admission process for dis year has ended in most schools in ESTONIA... u need to start planning ursef against next year admission process.
it will all end in praise

1 Like

Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by Nobody: 10:50am On May 28, 2015
chimaamaechi17:
u can apply tru dreamapply.com... but d admission process for dis year has ended in most schools in ESTONIA... u need to start planning ursef against next year admission process.
it will all end in praise

Is English the general spoken language in estonia
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by worry357: 12:58pm On May 28, 2015
emmanuel2k14:

Is English the general spoken language in estonia

This is a thing that the people promoting these countries will not tell you!

They have their native language of Estonian.
The majority of people will probably speak and understand Russian.
Most people in shops etc will not understand English.
There will be a few who speak English but not many.
Even if your course is taught in English many of the students will speak mainly in other languages.
To work even part time you will need to be able to speak and understand the local language.
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by QuestionGuy: 2:06pm On May 28, 2015
Thank you all for your input. I'm working with a Nairalander now towards studying in india. I would keep updating my findings on this thread for others in same situation to learn.
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by QuestionGuy: 2:49pm On May 28, 2015
A quick question for all, can one combine both waec and neco results when applying to foreign schools for undergraduate studies?
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by masterjo: 2:53pm On May 28, 2015
guttentag:

I think there is a thread about study in Estonia. A lot of information is being shared on the thread
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by emmanuel90(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2015
QuestionGuy:
A quick question for all, can one combine both waec and neco results when applying to foreign schools for undergraduate studies?
I'd appreciate if u can fill us in on this thread...Im wanna study IT and im currently processing Poland but wont mind looking at other countries as i dont want to put all eggs in one basket.
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by 10inchesDk: 5:57pm On May 28, 2015
masterjo:
bro, do u tink is possible one get admitted into 200l in Estonia if one apply with a year university transcript?
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by masterjo: 9:32pm On May 28, 2015
10inchesDk:
bro, do u tink is possible one get admitted into 200l in Estonia if one apply with a year university transcript?

Bros u never manage get admission na 200 level u come de find.
Anyway officially, courses can only be transferred if ur previous studies is within Europe
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by 10inchesDk: 11:38pm On May 28, 2015
masterjo:

Bros u never manage get admission na 200 level u come de find.
Anyway officially, courses can only be transferred if ur previous studies is within Europe
oh! what if am applying with an official transcript, do I still need to do ielts?
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by masterjo: 10:23am On May 29, 2015
10inchesDk:
oh! what if am applying with an official transcript, do I still need to do ielts?

Forget that transcript if u re applying from . For most schools in eesti english test is now compulsory.
Re: Schooling Abroad With 500k? by uzhi(m): 12:14pm On May 29, 2015
Estonia is very ok for IT related courses and English language is spoken there along with their language and russia. They hv good stipends for international students. But getting their visa no be child's play.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! / E-passport & Its Observation Page / Flight From Benin City To Kaduna State. Please help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.