Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery (47882 Views)

Anambra Exports Vegetables To The US And Europe - Snapshot / Some Mistakes Catfish Breeders Make #2 / Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by ladej(m): 11:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
Whizpeter:
I wonder the kinda odour that room will be emitting with the poor ventilation
guy

You no see window for there ni ?

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by kbams241: 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
Pls am interested to..ma email s kamilahmed180@yahoo.com
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Greatfes17: 12:18am On Jun 22, 2015
Would love to start this but I lack basic knowledge of it now. Can the internet be of good help?

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 22, 2015
pocohantas:

You are not any different from him.
You don't know his mother, she is definitely older than you. She didn't send him to display his foolishness on NL.
Have respect for people's mother. Thanks
Oh Shut up!!!
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by cococandy(f): 1:38am On Jun 22, 2015
So are you going to separate them immediately?
I don't see them surviving in that environment if they all get together
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Pamelayoung: 2:08am On Jun 22, 2015
Na quit notice u dey invite
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by supaslim(m): 3:23am On Jun 22, 2015
Damnnnnn!!! I love agriculture!!! Proud to be a SOIL SCIENCE student! E get y!!! UNIBEN thnk you for not givin me pharmacy oo... AGRIC cum MUSIC ... Ntn dey happeeeeen!!! DL my song: www.datafilehost.com/d/136a5fdc. PRs needed 08139514145

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by rodgermetty(m): 4:35am On Jun 22, 2015
I love this, am also looking at starting fish farming myself
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Lexusgs430: 4:52am On Jun 22, 2015
The whole house would smell of stink, I also pity your neighbours nose!!!!
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by francizy(m): 6:45am On Jun 22, 2015
Whizpeter:

There's this thing about making money. Not everyone has the opportunity to make clean money without hustling. Only if your parents have some fortune to spare, then you can make such. The drill is, you have to get down and dirty. By getting down and and dirty, I mean, hustling to the ground to make ends meet. Welders in the US are always happy to get down and dirty and make some quick bucks. Some of them earn fat salaries while others run their businesses. They don't care what people like you think of them, especially when they know they make more dough than you.

You keep running from one job to another, calling one or two people sir, doesn't mean you will have financial freedom. An uncle of mine, often called Chardon, started out with one container load of goods he imported. He had no shop of his own then, no warehouse, etc. He slept inside his container with his goods and at the same time, sold those goods to customers. He continued like that till he rented his own shop, warehouse and apartment. Then he became a millionaire and now he's a billionaire.

The best one can do is get to where others are hustling, learn one or two from them, make friends with them, encourage them, etc, because you don't know what you may fall back on in the future.

Yommiefish, more power to your elbow. We only need to tap from this your technique. Regards.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by francizy(m): 6:55am On Jun 22, 2015
humble007:
Fish farming is the most lucrative agricultural venture as long as you do it right. I'm a young farmer too. But in Lagos and PH is not the only issue at my abode. AMONIA is another wahala.

This ones be like crocodiles oh! shocked shocked shocked

Scare catch me oh!!

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by zubby29(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2015
plz can set dis up for me? hw much will it cost me,i am based in lagos,my no 08126291129 plz drop ur no or call me
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by peetayo: 7:50am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice one
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:56am On Jun 22, 2015
Whizpeter:

Hmmm @least ts better than when he himself stinks out of poverty.
@least he can get money to buy air freshners and perfumes for hmself and wth time he moves to a bigger and better place to do his business proper.
These will then be refered to the days of little beginings.
Its better than remaining idle cos he does not want to perceive odour.
Besides he can be very neat about t and you won't even get to perceive odour except you have a phoba for what he's doing and stcking your nose for odour

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:06am On Jun 22, 2015
RedBenson:

That's one thing with that kind of business in such an environment. I once went to check a friend who was doing his IT in a school fish farm, hmmmm, to say the odour of the entire environment was very offensive would be an understatement. I mean, this was a place that no one was leaving near, then talk of this one that the next room is used as a living room. I think health implication shouldnt be undervalued there. It's a nice business but proper health and environmental implications shouldnt be compromised.

I thnk this is basically for production of fingerlings unlike ur friend's big fish pond.
I don't think it will have any health hazard if its done neatly.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by kissinggourami: 8:19am On Jun 22, 2015
Whizpeter:
With the system of culture he's using (flow-through), there's hardly any odour generated. The water from the inlet flushes all residual feed and faeces out through the outlet, with little or no time for bacteria and fungi buildup.

I've personally enterred this particular hatchery and you'll be amazed with the level of construction. So no, there's no odour originating from the culture water.

Thanks!
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by BELEXYFARMS(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2015
NICE ONE BRO. smiley

#for those saying it will stink, dont worry about that. It wont smell and you will hardly even notice there's anything like that in the house so far the guy maintains good water mgt. This guy is at a great advantage. Very young fries need constant monitoring and since his hatchery is so near him, he will achieve a high rate of success. I also rear catfish to tablesize, but not inside the house.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by stpat1(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2015
pocohantas:

You are not any different from him.
You don't know his mother, she is definitely older than you. She didn't send him to display his foolishness on NL.
Have respect for people's mother. Thanks

My dear thank you. I have actually come to realise that some good number of peeps on this forum are uncultured and so ill mannered. If not, how can a slowpoke say something that vulgar and some idiots are amused by it. Its disheartening.

He raised an issue of concern which is about ventilation, hygienic atmosphere, health and environmental concern, epidemic out break etc, and instead of viewing it from the positive angle they are being amused in their ignorance. He has done well by striving to be self sufficient but for goodness sake not at the expense of safety.

Always remember this, if it cannot be done safely then don't do it. No task or biz is too important to carry out or embark upon if it cannot be done safely.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by stpat1(m): 8:43am On Jun 22, 2015
Hello guys, anyone with a fish farm in ph I can understudy at my spare time?
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by king92: 8:50am On Jun 22, 2015
thanks for the message
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:

I thnk this is basically for production of fingerlings unlike ur friend's big fish pond.
I don't think it will have any health hazard if its done neatly.

Unless otherwise but i want to believe since the body of water in this case is stagnant, then wether production of fingerlings is in practice or whole fishery production, i suspect the environment might still ooz out offensive odour. I might be wrong though.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Gemc3(f): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2015
Yommiefish:
Who say you have to spend fortune to have a successful breeding operations. Here are few shot from my 3bedroom apartment. I use just one of the room aside my farm as experiment and see what I have.

I did this to complement 'robonski' article on the need for grow-out farmers to own their own hatchery. I set out to design a easy to construct and easy to manage sit-at-home wooden vat for our breeding pleasure

Whatever your capacity there is always a design for you: Water Recyclelatory System, Plastics flow-through, wooden, concrete ponds etc. We solve all your breeding related problems.

Our fish industry must survive against all odds. That's our determination and our aim @ solving our problems.

Here in Benin-city where fish just vanish into thin here due to poor water PH.

www.catfishplus.
www.Facebook.com/NaijaCatfishBreeders
Olaidemuyiwa@gmail.com

I am glad I came across your thread. You have given me another reason to dive into Agriculture. Thank you and God bless your hand work. I will definitely go into this.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by humble007(m): 10:15am On Jun 22, 2015
francizy:

This ones be like crocodiles oh! shocked shocked shocked

Scare catch me oh!!
lol
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by francizy(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2015
humble007:
lol

What is Amonia please?
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by fanzz: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2015
undecided undecided But wait o... If this thing course fish flew in nko?
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by zubby29(m): 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
plz drop ur no nA
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by igbakigba2t15: 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
SELF-EMPOWERMENT in action!
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Tosineb: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Eyhaa this is a step ahead for success. God will grant you wisdom to excel, 08035022501 whats app
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by femi4: 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Whizpeter:
Don't worry about the odour, Owo ni koko
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by zubby29(m): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
plz can u help with dis fish tin,can we meet and discus abt it,my no 08126291129,plz i dnt pick strang nos.pls ur no,i will call u
BELEXYFARMS:
NICE ONE BRO. smiley

#for those saying it will stink, dont worry about that. It wont smell and you will hardly even notice there's anything like that in the house so far the guy maintains good water mgt. This guy is at a great advantage. Very young fries need constant monitoring and since his hatchery is so near him, he will achieve a high rate of success. I also rear catfish to tablesize, but not inside the house.
Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by Apitch(m): 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
I started exactly this way
Will try and post pix
It doesn't smell so long as u change water often or run flow through

1 Like

Re: Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery by free37: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Have You Ever Seen Black Maize Before? This Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.