Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan (26501 Views)

Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs / UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by ionsman: 2:58pm On May 28, 2015
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North and Emmanuel Elebeke

Despite the painful loss of the Presidential election to his opponent of the All Progressives Congress, President Goodluck Jonathan, has said that he has no regret over his defeat.

And rather than whine over the historic defeat of an incumbent president, Jonathan has moved on in his strides, describing the sad development as an act of God.

The President, who is handling over the mantle of leadership to Buhari on Wednesday, spoke at a grand House Reception organised in his honour by the Chairman Emeritus of DAAR Communications Plc, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi, owners of AIT and Raypower.

The elaborate send forth event, which attracted top Nigerians from all walks of life, was held at the Daar Communications Headquarters, Kpaduma Hills, Asokoro and was attended by many top Nigerians from all walks of life, including the Vice President, Namadi Sambo, Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko and Chairman and publisher of Vanguard, Mr. Sam Amuka.

Jonathan, who was also presented by rare mementos by Dokpesi, said: ‘‘By this time people are supposed to be running away from someone who has lost an election but I am being celebrated by Daar Communications PLc.

“For me, whatever happened in the election I have accepted it in good faith. Even though, some have argued that those I entrusted with my campaign disappointed me, I have no regrets for losing because in any political processes, there are all kinds of stories and conspiracies.
“We are a very religious society; whether Christians or Muslims or some other religions, I believe it is the will of God that the election went the way it did. I have always maintained that for the ordinary Nigerian, what is important is the style of governance, not who is even the president.
“Anybody can be the President any day but if the country is peaceful, and economic activities are going on smoothly, our children are going to school, hospitals are okay and they can eat what they want to eat, then, of course people will be happy.

‘‘I believe the incoming administration will toe that line and Nigerians will begin to see that there is no difference between political parties because even as we see there is no difference between the PDP and the APC. If you look at the number of people that moved from PDP to APC, then you will really see that both parties are almost the same.

‘‘What is important to us as Nigerians is what the government is bringing to bear and I have always maintained that politicians must learn to put the people first. If our aspiration is really for the interest of the people, then you wouldn’t want to hurt these people, you wouldn’t want anybody to be slapped because of your own ambition.

‘‘For me, my ambition is to see what contribution I can make for the ordinary people and that is why their lives are special to me. And I wouldn’t do anything that would create crisis, to kill innocent people. ‘‘People should not be surprised for the decision I took. in Nigeria. Doing that is diminishing Nigeria. I wouldn’t want to be a party that will diminish this country.

‘‘There is combination of bad and good in my administration just like in any other administration, but what should be uppermost in the mind of the leader is to make sure that the bad is not more than the good. One thing I must always ensure is peace and unity of this country.
‘‘We must have a nation before aspiring to hold any position: without a nation, you can’t be elected to any post. I charge all politicians to consider the people first before self. You can lose today and win tomorrow but anybody that dies in the process can’t be revived again. While looking for political offices, we must conduct ourselves in a way that will not halt the lives of innocent people,” Jonathan said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/no-regrets-losing-presidency-to-buhari-jonathan/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2015
Firstly, we appreciate that you conceded defeat early but please do not make it look like it's a huge favour you've done us.

Secondly, we also have no regrets voting you out and may we never regret it.

Thirdly, you failed to consider Nigerians first in many of your decisions and you relied too much on the sycophants around you. You therefore betrayed our trust in you having promised us "fresh air".

Fourthly, you failed to accept responsibilities when things went wrong; instead of accepting responsibilities and take decisive actions, you looked on as if all was well. Why Abba Moro, Diezani and even NOI are still ending their tenure with you remains a misery because they should have been fired long ago.

Lastly, the difference between APC and PDP will be seen in leadership. Buhari will accept responsibility for mistakes and take actions to correct them. And that's where you failed woefully.
Now, go in peace to Otuoke.

182 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 28, 2015
Jona are you sure?

2 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On May 28, 2015
Lol.

After spending fortunes and kneeling like a cripple all over the place he was still booted out like a leper.

Retardeeen forward March to Otuoke

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by modath(f): 3:01pm On May 28, 2015
ionsman:
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North and Emmanuel Elebeke
“For me, whatever happened in the election I have accepted it in good faith. Even though, some have argued that those I entrusted with my campaign disappointed me I have no regrets for losing because in any political processes, there are all kinds of stories and conspiracies.
‘I believe the incoming administration will toe that line and Nigerians will begin to see that there is no difference between political parties because even as we see there is no difference between the PDP and the APC. If you look at the number of people that moved from PDP to APC, then you will really see that both parties are almost the same.
While looking for political offices, we must conduct ourselves in a way that will not halt the lives of innocent people,” Jonathan said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/no-regrets-losing-presidency-to-buhari-jonathan/
Cc: lalasticlala Ishilove

No matter how much one thinks and wants to cut this guy some slack, his woe is me and buck passing makes it an exercise in futility.

He holds firm to that erroneous belief that nothing is ever his fault., its all the work of his "enemies" and saboteurs.

He should be up for sainthood!! undecided

He can take it as consolation that he lost to a better man!! #yeyenatu

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 28, 2015
U will only regret when breeze blow and una yansh com open ... U must all pay for everytin u caused dis country, karma is definitely waiting for everyone who does bad and never cares abt the pple it will affect

8 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by ionsman: 3:01pm On May 28, 2015
I kind of feel sorry for Jonathan,he speaks like a man who has been betrayed. But we just have to move forward.
Slowpoke to Otuoke....

8 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by locosis007(m): 3:02pm On May 28, 2015
Its All lies! u are petrified Jona. stop dis diplomatic and fake face u are putting up

15 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by sexymoma(f): 3:02pm On May 28, 2015
***Singing Celina Odion's Music**
I can read ya mind and I know ya story
I see what you're going through
It's an uphill climb, and I'm feeling sorry
But I know it will come to you

9 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by abduljabbar4(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2015
And you were sacking people for no good reason

5 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by ionsman: 3:05pm On May 28, 2015
raumdeuter:
Lol.

After spending fortunes and kneeling like a cripple all over the place he was still booted out like a leper.

Bro, abeg I no get strength to laugh this hot afternoon. .. grin

12 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Princecalm(m): 3:05pm On May 28, 2015
and your men were insulting, tribalising and and making all sort of comments before the elections and you never said a word to them.

15 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by CountDracula(m): 3:08pm On May 28, 2015
Pls can someone help me tell him that nobody cares?

11 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by abduljabbar4(m): 3:09pm On May 28, 2015
Gej talked like that for real?

1 Like

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by CR77(f): 3:22pm On May 28, 2015
Well done oga jona i believe u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by tollytexy(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2015
Jona .. u dey wine us abi?

1 Like

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Sunnycliff(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2015
And Buhari has no regret winning! We have no regrets voting for Buhari

17 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Lilprincey(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2015
Goodluck jonathan has the fear of God in him dats why i like him..

7 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by CR77(f): 3:23pm On May 28, 2015
tongue I care tongue
CountDracula:
Pls can someone help me tell him that nobody cares?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by jerome4u(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2015
Matured mind

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by DonaldGenes(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2015
So, just like a dream, Change is finally here - just like that?

Even DIE-Hard TANOiD members be Chanting on Twitter " ChangeIsHere"!!!!!!!......

4 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Spells(m): 3:24pm On May 28, 2015
No regrets, but i hope u learnt so many lesson.

1 Like

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by naijainfogalery: 3:24pm On May 28, 2015
Jonathan has no regrets losing and Buhari has no excuse not delivering grin

4 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:24pm On May 28, 2015
Yes ooo go and have a nice rest and face ur personal business while good things still locate you sir

4 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Zico5(m): 3:24pm On May 28, 2015
Yes I know u have no regret. Regrets re for those who have real conscience and are able to think things through. The presidency was placed on u unintentionally, so having regrets for what u did not suffer for is non existence. Thank God for ur eviction, we re very pleased with it

9 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by kelvyn7: 3:24pm On May 28, 2015
we have heared grin
Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by dallyemmy: 3:25pm On May 28, 2015
OK

Over to Mama Peace...
Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by candidbabe(f): 3:25pm On May 28, 2015
Gej my hero, I salute you for your courage, this is what buhari could not do in 2011,thus killing innocent. citizens and corpers God will definately reward you and punish buhari b/c there is no peace for the wicked .

5 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Lilprincey(m): 3:25pm On May 28, 2015
raumdeuter:
Lol.

God pls, dash dis mumu sense

9 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by Spells(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2015
CR77:
tongue I care tongue
i pray no one tells u who cares, cos believe u me, u don't wanna know how it feels
Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by bastianafeso5: 3:26pm On May 28, 2015
PassingShot:
Firstly, we appreciate that you conceded defeat early but please do not make it look like it's a huge favour you've done us.

Secondly, we also have no regrets voting you out and may we never regret it.

Thirdly, you failed to consider Nigerians first in many of your decisions and you relied too much on the sycophants around you. You therefore betrayed our trust in you having promised us "fresh air".

Fourthly, you failed to accept responsibilities when things went wrong; instead of accepting responsibilities and take decisive actions, you looked on as if all was well. Why Abba Moro, Diezani and even NOI are still ending their tenure with you remains a misery because they should have been fired long ago.

Lastly, please cooperate with GMB when he starts to ask questions about stolen common wealth. It is only by doing so that you can save yourself any embarrassment from the government.

Now, go in peace to Otuoke.

3 Likes

Re: I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan by jumper524(m): 3:27pm On May 28, 2015
Jonathan ur are a motherfucker and u can back flip

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Borno: Soldiers Repel Multiple Boko Haram Attacks, Kill Many, Arrest Bomb Maker / Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari / Osinbajo Welcomes Newest Batch Of Nigerian Citizens By Naturalization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.