Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. (3733 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. / How I Was Caught In A Group Fighting Scene..share Your Experience / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by liftedone(f): 10:47pm On Feb 14, 2009
A friend of mine was mugged thursday night and had his laptop stolen. He was walking home about 8pm when some two guys came and started dragging his bag. His initial startled attempt to resist led to him being hit on the head with some object which left a deep gash on his head. These guys will go on to sell that laptop for some peanuts; whereas the information on it is worth millions of naira. This is a very traumatic experience.

I remember once having my phone stolen and feeling vulnerable for months, looking over my shoulders all the time and distrusting people in general. My niece has had her phone stolen so many times, we've advised her to buy some cheap phone that can be easily replaced.

Have you ever been mugged? Or you know someone who has? Please share the experience here.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 11:10pm On Feb 14, 2009
Well yes, Mine happened last week Saturday, I accidentally walked into a supermarket without knowing some robbers were already operating inside of it, I got pushed inside as i set in and was told to join the rest with my face facing the ground, My wallet was collected and they took 2500 naira i had in it, They also asked for my nokia e71 phone but i deafly refused to give it out.
God saved me that the robber didn't ask me for my phone again when another unsuspecting victim walked inside and she was also made to face the same treatment i went through, The Third victim was about coming in, after seeing me laying face down new the door ran out and never came back and didn't even call for help. Our person walked in and sensed danger instantly, He was able to run out by giving the robber near the door one nice punch and at the same time YELLED Ole (Thief).
Fortunately for us, they ran out after that yelling and shot into the air to clear the way while fleeing,
Bad experience but I am alive and health ( the main thing i should be thankful of), I always watch scenes like these in American movies, but now i was made to be an actor in a reality robbery incident embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by liftedone(f): 11:19pm On Feb 14, 2009
@honerico, it is indeed like being in a movie. It's over before you know you were an actor in it and you are left reeling after the action. It's a very unpleasant experience. Getting out with your life is the number one consideration while all is playing out.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by JJYOU: 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2009
in a banking hall during robbery dont want to remember it at all.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 12:34am On Feb 15, 2009
Na soo, Till now, I don't go to that supermarket again,
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Hauwa1: 3:14am On Feb 15, 2009
wow!! that might have cost you your life @ honeric.

me no and i pray not to. my sister yes. she was made to part with her cell phone. i had to encourage her not to walk alone in the dark. she said she was with 2 other friends who parted with theirs too. one was hidding it in her pant. i was like  shocked may God safe us.

my cousin's mom! she was just coming back from the bank to collect money wired to her. all was stolen. it was a terrible experience.

where i am i don't go out in the dark. even walmart closed to where i live i
try not to go at night. when i really have the need to go get something in the evening, i do it hurriedly.
once i'm closed to my car, i look around me hop in real quick. next thing after closing the car door is press the auto lock and all the doors will be shut automatically. i try to do my shoppings day time too and park close to the store. May God help us.

supermarket in nigeria, do they have police operating inside?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2009
@hauwa,
It depends on how big the supermarket is, the one that i was inside isn't that big, so there was no police operatives inside.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2009
Well yes I heve been mugged severally. I grew up in the militant capital of Nigeria (PHC, RIVERS STATE).

Here is the account of the first time I was mugged. I was on my way to visit a friend of mine when some short dude (less than shoulder high) walked up to me and said

"Oboy you get phone I for like make call"

I was so stunned at his request seeing that just by looking at him I could beat the shit out of him without even removing my shirt. SO I just shoved him aside and continued on my way to see my friend.
Now!! The mistake I made was I did not even tell my friend about the incident so he did not warn me about those dudes. Now at about 6:30p.m as I was leaving my friends house, I saw the dude I shoved at some corner just looking at me, so I continued on my journey. I had barely taken 10 steps when I recieved the most remarkable slap of my life.
STUNNED!! I turned around, but then the slaps just kept coming from all directions. Temporarily blinded and in pains, I just layed on the floor and "played dead".

They simply frisked me, took my wallet (with my I.D's, about 2000Naira, emergency condoms, complimentary cards, e.t.c), my phones (Alcatel [sub](forgotten the model) and Sagem X5)[/sub], my wrist watch, wrist band/bracelet and my necklace. I will never foget that experience ever in my life. I never visited that friend ever again.

NOTE: A friend of mine got stabbed becos he smashed his PSP on the ground when some dude tried to jump him and take his PSP.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2009
Lol, you receive slap lol, u no dey fear some boy come ask you for phone, u no still code , lol, too bad, but it's funny
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by chihums(m): 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2009
Bros sorry o i feel d slap. wen smally tell u say he won make call u no code am say his men dey around. u 4 tell am na nokia 3310 u dey use and ur battery don run down even sef u won buy n series 2moro. if he uses scope, use ur owo 2. guy he used asawana style take mole u o. u don learn finally.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by MrCrackles(m): 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2009
I almost got mugged but instead i ended up mugging the mugger!

I yanked his chain off during the struggle for my own chain, and he ran off like Usain Bolt!

I gave the chain to an homeless fella
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by chihums(m): 5:35pm On Feb 15, 2009
high
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2009
Mr Cracker, you go dey form jackie chan abi? if u try that one for some part of AJ, u go just dey pack your teeth for ground like cracker biscuit
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by MrCrackles(m): 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2009
honeric01:

Mr Cracker, you go dey form jackie chan abi? if u try that one for some part of AJ, u go just dey pack your teeth for ground like cracker biscuit

Na lieeeeeeee
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2009
I hia u,

eno fit happen since u dey hide for back of ur keyboard lol grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Hesperus(m): 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2009
Yes, twice actually, when I was at  Uni.

First time was back in my Unilag days, was at my faculty cybercafe around 11pm when some masked gunmen walked in, ordered us all to lie face down and frisked us one by one. Lost my phone that day.

Second time was at Kuramo beach with my friends. We went there for overnight runs and after getting abit high, walked to one really dark spot. Some omoboys with bottles n knives blocked us, frisked us and made away with our phones. Happened so fast. . .

Luckily, i no chop any slap on both occasions!
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Hauwa1: 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2009
okija juju made me laugh grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by liftedone(f): 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2009
okija juju, that was so funny cheesy

@jjyou, maybe if you talked about it, it would be easier to overcome the trauma of the experience. My younger sister works in a bank and in the week preceding Christmas last year, armed robbers went to their branch. I remember her calling me in panic after the ordeal was over, all she could mutter was armed robbers, armed robbers. She developed a rash on her face a few days after. She was still hearing the sound of the machine guns as the robbers tried to shoot down the door of the room where they were hiding. Thankfully, it was a bullet proof door. We keep talking about it all the time because I don't want her to have a phobia for her job and we also pray. It's all we can do in the circumstances.

There seems to be some areas that are very notorious for muggings in Lagos. In particular, Ikeja. I think some other high density areas but all the cases I've heard of have been in Ikeja.

Whether armed robbery or mere street robbery, any form of attack on your person can just leave you really traumatised. And in our society, there's no room for any form of psychological counselling after such incidents. People who come out of it are just usually glad to be alive and get on with life.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2009
Well Most of us here in Nigeria hardly need a physiologist after going through stuffs like this because everyday in Nigeria is like an action movie lol grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by smurf1(f): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2009
Thankfully not! grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by jamace(m): 10:19am On Feb 17, 2009
They simply frisked me, took my wallet (with my I.D's, about 2000Naira, emergency condoms, complimentary cards, e.t.c), my phones (Alcatel (forgotten the model) and Sagem X5), my wrist watch, wrist band/bracelet and my necklace. I will never foget that experience ever in my life. I never visited that friend ever again.
grin grin @ Okija Juju. Where was your juju? You even allowed them to collect your emergency condoms. Na only woman body naim you get power. Shame on you. grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by liftedone(f): 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2009
Even I couldn't have envisaged a visit by men of the underworld when I started this thread over a week ago.

Precisely Thursday night/Friday morning, I woke up to the sound of a bang downstairs, I looked through the window and couldn't see anyone but I was hearing people talking in the compound. I kept wondering who it was when I heard someone say 'break am', then I knew there were thieves in the compound. I ran to my sister's room and I overhead her husband on the phone describing our location and I knew they were aware. Needless to say, under the circumstances, we resorted to praying. We also made calls to people we knew, not sure how they could help. Many called the police, who thankfully arrived on time, in fact, about 3 different sets came one after the other. They didn't catch the thieves because they ran when they heard the gunshots that were being fired as the police approached.

We were all visibly shaken after the incident but are grateful to God that we live to tell the tale without any harm to anyone.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Hesperus(m): 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2009
liftedone:

Even I couldn't have envisaged a visit by men of the underworld when I started this thread over a week ago.

Precisely Thursday night/Friday morning, I woke up to the sound of a bang downstairs, I looked through the window and couldn't see anyone but I was hearing people talking in the compound. I kept wondering who it was when I heard someone say 'break am', then I knew there were thieves in the compound. I ran to my sister's room and I overhead her husband on the phone describing our location and I knew they were aware. Needless to say, under the circumstances, we resorted to praying. We also made calls to people we knew, not sure how they could help. Many called the police, who thankfully arrived on time, in fact, about 3 different sets came one after the other. They didn't catch the thieves because they ran when they heard the gunshots that were being fired as the police approached.

We were all visibly shaken after the incident but are grateful to God that we live to tell the tale without any harm to anyone.

You mean the police actually showed up when they were called? And on time? Impressive!
Do you live in Ikoyi/VI/Lekki 1?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 7:10am On Feb 24, 2009
Police show up nowadays, especially the areas where we have comfortable people. Why won't they show up with all the armour tanks they have nowadays. Have you seen the new police armour tanks all over Lagos? Oshodi, isolo, cms, festac e.t.c, you go think say na war them wan go fight and even with bullet proofs. They have been stationed there for emmergencies.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by liftedone(f): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2009
@hesperus, lol. yes, they showed up. I don't think their response is as a result of where you live these days, though. I may be wrong.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
With those big trailers they have as police tanks, they can't complain of not having vehicles or fuel to come
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by mogentle(m): 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2009
Funny thread grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Gamine(f): 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2009
Its Crazy, This country has gone to the. . .well. . . .Dogs Thieves!!

My Friend just told me, she and her fiancee where coming from ibadan around 7,

they were robbed on the ibadan-lagos express=way, they took everything. about 8 huge guys with badass guns.

Two laptops, about three phones, expensive new wristwatches, shoes and suits that were for someone

money, wallet, The car, Everything! sad

luckily, they found the car some days after on the express, because the thieves couldnt take a car with a tracker.

She said, the thieves had police markings on the guns.

i say! we are like chicken in this country, people can be slaughtered whenever someone is hungry.

Help yourself.

Support the call for firearms

Kill or be Killed!! angry angry

[size=5pt]LOL[/size]
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by honeric01(m): 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2009
Not only support the use of firearms, maybe we should all be allowed to own a war tank and a missile jet all in the name of security,

In situations like that, we end up seeing the ones with more firearms oppressing those with lesser firearms,

bottomline, what would be the use of the law?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by bawomolo(m): 12:48am On Mar 05, 2009
Prophet Okija juju, wait till i expose you to your congregation grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by liftedone(f): 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2009
bawomolo:

Prophet Okija juju, wait till i expose you to your congregation grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by hayprof(m): 3:50am On Mar 30, 2009
honeric01:

. . . .Have you seen the new police armour tanks all over Lagos? Oshodi, isolo, cms, festac e.t.c, you go think say na war . . .

. . .nd Ikeja too!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Singer Osinachi Nwachukwu Cause Of Death Revealed, Husband Arrested / Do You Know The Difference Between EFCC And ICPC? / Lcredit Scam Loan App Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.