Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? (31870 Views)

BBC Laments Over Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity As #End fuel crisisnow Trends / PHOTO: Pres. Buhari Appoints Head of Amnesty Programme For Ex militants / Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by theV0ice: 2:27pm On May 29, 2015
At the inauguration today, PMB made the following statement

''......The amnesty programme in the Niger Delta is due to end in December, but the Government intends to invest heavily in the projects, and programmes currently in place. I call on the leadership and people in these areas to cooperate with the State and Federal Government in the rehabilitation programmes which will be streamlined and made more effective. As ever, I am ready to listen to grievances of my fellow Nigerians. I extend my hand of fellowship to them so that we can bring peace and build prosperity for our people......''

and the sad and bitter souls entered the market in a display of madness occasioned by bitterness without waiting to digest what he actually meant. Maybe it's illiteracy or bile but a little thinking could have helped them out. President Buhari (how sweet that sounds grin) was only echoing what every sane and living human in Nigeria already knew: the GEJ govt had marked 2015 as the end of amnesty program.

hear what Kuku, the amnesty czar said. A simple Google search could have cured some of the orubebeism the children of anger got afflicted with.

LAGOS — The Federal Government, said, yesterday that it will not go back on its words to terminate the amnesty programme for Niger Delta ex-militants in 2015.

Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta and Chairman, Presidential Amnesty Programme, Mr Kingsley Kuku, reiterated government’s position at the 7th Business Law Conference of the Nigerian Bar Association in Lagos.

He also canvassed a reduction in the N65,000 monthly stipend paid to beneficiaries in training to the statutory N18,000 minimum wage, so that those undergoing training did not earn more than those awaiting training.

According to him, failure to draw the curtain on the programme will bring about instability in the region.

Kuku, who noted that the Amnesty Office was currently grappling with exit strategy challenges, said that the present scenario was not envisaged at the time of the Presidential Amnesty Proclamation in 2009.

He said: “It will be in the best interest of Nigeria for government to terminate the presidential amnesty programme by 2015. If it is not closed by 2015, it will lose its taste. This is because it will become an alternative government in the Niger Delta.

“We are currently battling exit strategy challenges. If we reduce the monthly stipend to those in training to the prescribed minimum wage for the country, which is N18,000, it will discourage more people from taking to militancy.

“We should have stopped paying N65,000 after pulling the agitators from the creeks and fixing it at the minimum wage could have been ideal. To avoid further crisis, the programme should end in 2015. We must be ready to exit the programme. It is for this reason that governors of the region must support alternative programmes for youth engagement.”

Kuku noted that the gains of the programme could be eroded if government failed to close the programme by 2015 because of fresh agitations for enlistment by youths of the region, who now see militancy as a way of accessing public funds.

He said that his office was at present, exploring possibilities of getting trained ex-militants engaged to prevent them from returning to agitation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/why-amnesty-ends-2015-kuku/

To break it down (for those unable to comprehend), EVEN IF GEJ HAD CONTINUED AS PRESIDENT, AMNESTY WAS GOING TO END THIS YEAR and Kuku gave very cogent reasons why. You should even praise PMB for saying he'll invest HEAVILY in the program. see the below from the same speech.

Government intends to invest [size=14pt]heavily[/size] in the projects, and programmes currently in place

Now you guys can take your grievances to otuoke. That's where ex-president GEJ, who designed it to end this year, retired to.

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Idrismusty97(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2015
I don't even know what is wrong with all these "Awa oyel" people on Nairaland, Only their ragtag militants are even benefiting from it while their graduates hustle for job. Buhari wants to set things right and they are opening their "Awa oyel" mouths to vomit thrash! Just look at their comments; https://www.nairaland.com/2344385/niger-delta-amnesty-due-end

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by BabaNath(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2015
Ibeere lo pa iya ijebu

8 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by theV0ice: 3:30pm On May 29, 2015
Idrismusty97:
I don't even know what is wrong with all these "Awa oyel" people on Nairaland, Only their ragtag millitants are even benefiting from it while their graduates hustle for job. Buhari wants to set things right and they opening their "Awa oyel" mouths to vomit thrash! Just look at their comments; https://www.nairaland.com/2344385/niger-delta-amnesty-due-end

Whatever they like, they should say...na dem get their mouths

However, let the world know GEJ ALREADY SET DEC 2015 AS TERMINAL DATE FOR THE AMNESTY PROGRAM

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by PassingShot(m): 3:35pm On May 29, 2015
Good one TheVoice.

The children of hate and anger always look for any slightest opportunity, no matter silly it is, to attack President Buhari online.

Unfortunately for them, they have their hands full in Baba who doesn't listen to distractions.

Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove, this clarification is recommended for FP.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:37pm On May 29, 2015
theV0ice:

Whatever they like, they should say...na dem get their mouths

However, let the world know GEJ ALREADY SET DEC 2015 AST TERMINAL DATE FOR THE AMNESTY PROGRAM
Exactly!
cc:
lalasticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove.

1 Like

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Jorussia(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2015
Thanks for the clarity.Our media houses, should start reporting objectively,without unnecessary sensation headlines.

12 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by theV0ice: 3:54pm On May 29, 2015
PassingShot:
Good one TheVoice.

The children of hate and anger always look for any slightest opportunity, no matter silly it is, to attack President Buhari online.

Unfortunately for them, they have their hands full in Baba who doesn't listen to distractions.

Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove, this clarification is recommended for FP.

They should keep attacking....Their elders like FFK, Okupe, Abati, Fayose, Metuh did worse and President Buhari majestically ignored them grin

at least none of them is as privileged as Fayose to take out a whole page in a national newspaper to vent their frustrations and orubebeism angry

They should keep wasting their 5MB dash from the GSM networks cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by akins56(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2015
Don't mind those collective children of anger, they should come and learn how to act like opposition foot soldiers from us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by theV0ice: 5:11pm On May 29, 2015
Lalasticlala, how far?

It'll be nice if you help balance the matter by taking this to FP

2 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 29, 2015
God bless the person
“ It will be in the best interest of Nigeria
for government to terminate the presidential
amnesty programme by 2015. If it is not closed by
2015, it will lose its taste. This is because it will
become an alternative government in the Niger
Delta.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by OkutaNla: 5:19pm On May 29, 2015
Thanks OP for setting the records straight. It's those fuulish Biafrauds that are rabble-rousing. Watch them avoid this thread like the bubonic plague.

17 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by stevolinkon40: 5:26pm On May 29, 2015
I said it earlier. You people should co-operate with PMB and table your request the civil way. Or else--

God knows what

1 Like

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by theV0ice: 5:37pm On May 29, 2015
lalasticlala:

kindly remove the colour riot in ur post. thanks

Ok grin

Done wink

1 Like

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by doctokwus: 5:42pm On May 29, 2015
Just like in every sensitive aspect of our national life,it takes a man of strong will to abolish d programme.
Apart from d abuse and inherent corruption in d programme( fictitious names, over bloated figures of beneficiaries etc),some genuine ex militants where not captured while many ss youths and even non youths,saw it as another government largesse to which they are all entitled.
It thus bred almost another ministry or agency of its own and d result is what we have today: as more monies were paid to more beneficiaries, instead of militancy in d creeks decreasing, it has been on d increase.
It must stop for this nation to move forward.
I suggest that rather such funds b invested in infrastructural development of d region,aggressive environmental protection schemes,bursaries to genuine undergraduates from d region,but most importantly guaranteed and genuine credit loan schemes with standard and full proof measures of repayment.When more people from d region have access to loans with a good infrastural base,they would b more productive and in d long run actually go against d present system that "dashes out" money to a few,neglects d vast majority,while enormously corruptly enriching a tiny fraction.
Buhari must end it.

17 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Islanders1: 5:44pm On May 29, 2015
The mod should do the needful so the likes of Mogidi and co can rest in pieces. cheesy grin

13 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Dannyset(m): 5:45pm On May 29, 2015
When I saw that post on FP with the headline, I was like " are u sure these mods go tru posts bfor bringing them to FP?"
PMB was only saying how the programme was structure, and not that he was going to end it by December.
And also the myopic commentors failed to even see where he said he will continue the projects(programmes) and others.
Am ashamed of some pple on here.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by jamex93(m): 5:47pm On May 29, 2015
u better go look for work to do

advice.....
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by taiph: 5:47pm On May 29, 2015
Does that mean Boys should go back to creek?
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by baybeeboi: 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
in as much as i will be a critic of Buhari's Govt does not mean i will not support him.

Criticism makes a successful Governance.

I pray Buhari delivers as our future is in His hands.

God bless Buhari.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
It is time to bomb the hell out of the creek boys starting with the murderer Asari!

Let's go there!

-CramJones

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Ekiseme(m): 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
Ok

Buhari is now my president,i hope and pray he delivers for the sake of a Better Nigeria we all dream about

i can say sai baba now cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
Lol
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by san316(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
If you notice, those shouting foul play regarding that issue are pdp rabble rousers and those Biafrans who seek to tarnish the image of the new govt and destroy Nigeria respectively. They know the truth but they would rather hide it from unsuspecting people. However, it is good to make clarifications because a foolish talk may be deemed wise if it is repeated too often unstopped. For example, up till now nobody knows the meaning of Dbanj's "koko" but it is now in Nigerian parlance.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by tlops(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
Ok we don hear
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by scribble: 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
It doesn't matter. It ought to stop.

1 Like

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Ymodulus: 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
In All, it will come to an end. Because Buhari is in power. We all know Jonathan does not have the courage to do so. Jonathan Government was characterised with numerous procastination of which we believe and sure this was one. Do you think he will just sit tight and allow his Niger Delta terrorist brethen to be deprived of the NationaL CAKE? No he wont. If he wanted doing such why didnt he broadcast it?

Guy Buhari made it possible

-Ymodulus
"I am for everybody; And I am for nobody. - @MBuhari. #EagleSquare #DemocracyDay #NewNigeria"

5 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by vantage7: 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
Tell them, before they start developing conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Yaradua

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civilian JTF Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists, Kill Many Of Them In Borno (Graphic) / More Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign At Ladipo Market / Bayelsa2015: Protest At INEC Office "Cancel Southern Ijaw Results"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.