Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? (31872 Views)

BBC Laments Over Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity As #End fuel crisisnow Trends / PHOTO: Pres. Buhari Appoints Head of Amnesty Programme For Ex militants / Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by funkybully(f): 7:26pm On May 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Lol. Hey Funkybully (such a ffoked-up and gay handle to call yourself, anyway....), you must be really pained that your lies have been busted.

It's obvious you all are working tirelessly to pit Nigerians against one another to achieve your Biafra fantasy. Well, for as long as you choose to spread false propaganda to subvert Nigeria's sovereignty, you all will keep getting disgraced.

BIG FOOL!
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nellybii: 7:30pm On May 29, 2015
elipheleh:
Buhari is a dauradullard and has better started using agricultural proceeds to sponsor that his bokoharam group to buy more explosives as he intends to do in January.

We at Niger delta are watching him and our oil are for us and our youths to placate the environmental degradation of our region.

The illiterate has failed already or be ready to cry just like obasanjo and yaradua cried for our economy when boys entered the creeks.

You enemy of progress.
Your oyel is a curse to you instead of being a blessing. Lazy idiots.
Try any rubbish there and face hell .mtcheeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by pazienza(m): 7:31pm On May 29, 2015
Williamso:

I think you're missing the point, which is that GMB is not terminating the amnesty programme. The contract the militants signed is terminating itself. Where there would've been a (legal) problem is if he intended to breach the contract by terminating it before the said deadline. It's just like moving out of an apartment when your rent has expired. You're not obliged to renew your rent

No it's not. In rent the house doesn't belong to you, but in this case the house( oil) belongs to the ND, which the militants are part of, your example is flawed.

In contract, there is always option of renewal once it expires , the renewal option depends however on the employer only, he can decide to renew it or not.

Same is applicable in the amnesty program, the FG has option of renewal, they will not renew it only if Buhari doesn't want to, there was no part of the contract that said that it mustn't be renewed.
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by OkutaNla: 7:34pm On May 29, 2015
funkybully:

I AM A BIG FOOL!

Yes! On that we can both agree. cheesy
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nellybii: 7:38pm On May 29, 2015
pazienza:

Yaradua hands were forced as Nigeria's oil output came to an all time low. This was at a time the SS had no feeling of rejection from the Arewa-Odua, imagine what will happen now that Jona loss and the Arewa-Odua plot is fresh on their Minds.

The only way Buhari can successfully shut down the amnesty program is by granting the region their birthright, ie total resource control. That is the just and right thing to do.

Okay! Resource control. Hmmmm I get it.
What have you achieved with all the huge allocation that comes to your states? Nothing.
Your problems are laziness and lack of intellectual capabilities to manage wealth.
Go to Otuoke and dance unclad mtcheeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Urine: 7:42pm On May 29, 2015
Keneking:
I think lalasticlala should be promoted to One-Star General. grin w.e.f 29 May 2015.

I understand the complexities of the task as Super MOD. This man stands out.

This season of tension and contestation is over. Nairaland has been able to manage the situation democratically with respect to balancing opinions, insinuations and innuendos regarding choices in this week.

Today, I am proud of the achievement of Nigerians, we single-handedly agreed NO more to impunity, corruption, clueless leadership. We have made a good decision and a fresh start to the political leadership of the country.

On this platform, it is no more Jonathanohhhhhhhhhh etc., constructive discussions shall be shared and critical points highlighted henceforth.

Let's fold our sleeves and work together.

Sai APC

Goodluck to President Muhammadu Buhari (2015 -2023)

You deserve commendation too, your way of protesting was unique, there was a time I was always looking out for "Jonaaaaaaaaaaaa". It always made me laugh and at the same time knocked a bit of consciousness into me.

1 Like

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by pazienza(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2015
Nellybii:

Okay! Resource control. Hmmmm I get it.
What have you achieved with all the huge allocation that comes to your states? Nothing.
Your problems are laziness and lack of intellectual capabilities to manage wealth.
Go to Otuoke and dance unclad mtcheeeeeeew

Lol! I am not from ND, my town has no single drop of oil, unless Palm oil counts.

But that doesn't mean that I should be parasitic.

The oil is theirs, whatever they chose to do with the money accrued from it is their headache not mine or yours,

Your can't hide behind the profligacy of ND leaders to justify the forceful sharing of their resources by all Nigerians.
Their resources and profligacy is None of your/ mine business, rather we should be more concerned about our own leaders and how to acess and utilize our own resources, both human and mineral resources,

2 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Williamso(m): 7:45pm On May 29, 2015
pazienza:

No it's not. In rent the house doesn't belong to you, but in this case the house( oil) belongs to the ND, which the militants are part of, your example is flawed.

In contract, there is always option of renewal once it expires , the renewal option depends however on the employer only, he can decide to renew it or not.

Same is applicable in the amnesty program, the FG has option of renewal, they will not renew it only if Buhari doesn't want to, there was no part of the contract that said that it mustn't be renewed.
Nigga what are you on about? In case you didn't get my analogy, the person paying the contract (tenant/GMB) can decide not to renew if he deems fit as long as there's nothing binding that a contract must be renewed. I used that to explain contract renewal, and you're making it seem like it was stated in the expiring contract that it must be renewed!!!
Maybe I don't get you shaa, but are you trying to say GMB must continue amnesty "solely" because his predecessor wanted to stop it and he shouldn't be copying his predecessor?

If this is what you mean, then I know there's something fundamentally wrong...
P.S.: You no "Niger Delta" pass me oh!

1 Like

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by BabaNath(m): 7:46pm On May 29, 2015
Firefire:

Se Iya Ijebu ti kuu ni
i can't hear you.
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by pazienza(m): 7:53pm On May 29, 2015
Williamso:

Nigga what are you on about? In case you didn't get my analogy, the person paying the contract (tenant/GMB) can decide not to renew if he deems fit as long as there's nothing binding that a contract must be renewed. I used that to explain contract renewal, and you're making it seem like it was stated in the expiring contract that it must be renewed!!!
Maybe I don't get you shaa, but are you trying to say GMB must continue amnesty "solely" because his predecessor wanted to stop it and he shouldn't be copying his predecessor?

If this is what you mean, then I know there's something fundamentally wrong...

Amnesty only exists because of injustice.
The ideal thing is total resource control, if that exits , Buhari will have no reason granting amnesty to people who own the resources.
It's like a thief that hijacked my land and claimed my plantain plantations as his, but when I fought back, he decided to placate me by offering me on monthly basis a part of the money he makes from the plantation, but at a point he started feeling he was being too generous, and now decides that the just thing to do will be to stop paying me.

Give back to ND their resources, let them pay loyalty to the FG like it was in the past, that's the just, fair and ideal thing to do. That way, there will be no more amnesty, and the rest of Nigeria will seek for means of survival, which will eventually lead to the so much talked about economy diversification.
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by theV0ice: 8:09pm On May 29, 2015
antisocial:
I AM a very big fool.If i think the yoruba and hausa and Fulani who have nothing to do with this thread can dominate my thoughtlessness. I should be ready for a big fight to get my common sense back. I AM A BAS.TARD

I feel your pains cool
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by PastorOla1: 8:10pm On May 29, 2015
WHATEVER HAS A BEGINNING MUST ALSO HAVE AN END,
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by antisocial: 8:12pm On May 29, 2015
Idrismusty97:
I don't even know what is wrong with all these "Awa oyel" people on Nairaland, Only their ragtag militants are even benefiting from it while their graduates hustle for job. Buhari wants to set things right and they are opening their "Awa oyel" mouths to vomit thrash! Just look at their comments; https://www.nairaland.com/2344385/niger-delta-amnesty-due-end
shut ur dirty mouth.Buhari can't dictate for Niger Delta people.We are the ones feeding the Nation
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Williamso(m): 8:16pm On May 29, 2015
pazienza:
Amnesty only exists because of injustice.
The ideal thing is total resource control, if that exits , Buhari will have no reason granting amnesty to people who own the resources.
It's like a thief that hijacked my land and claimed my plantain plantations as his, but when I fought back, he decided to placate me by offering me on monthly basis a part of the money he makes from the plantation, but at a point he started feeling he was being too generous, and now decides that the just thing to do will be to stop paying me.

Give back to ND their resources, let them pay loyalty to the FG like it was in the past, that's the just, fair and ideal thing to do. That way, there will be no more amnesty, and the rest of Nigeria will seek for means of survival, which will eventually lead to the so much talked about economy diversification.
Finally, you have made sense (No pun intended).
I agree with what you have said, but the problem is the oil belongs to us as well as Nigeria, it doesn't belong to us alone. Granted we deserve the lion's share, but asking for all of it is petty greed and sheer foolery.

Also, we should realize the enemy is not the Fulani or the Hausa or the tiv or the Yoruba. The enemy is us. With all the funds gotten so far, the people tasked with rebuilding the ND only ended up enriching themselves. Getting 101% resource control wouldn't change that - quote me anywhere. We have NDDC and MinDA already, what's their legacy?
The amnesty program should not be scrapped entirely for now (training programs have been impressive), however, the idea of paying lazy people for doing nothing should stop. If that should be done, then I and every other Niger Deltan, whether we carried arms or not are also entitled to that stipend.
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by antisocial: 8:18pm On May 29, 2015
theV0ice:

I feel your pains cool

born by mistake Idiots.We the NDDC don't fight in propaganda,we fight physically and in reality.COWWWAARD
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by theV0ice: 8:35pm On May 29, 2015
antisocial:
I AM a born by mistake ediot . I the NDDC don't fight in propaganda,I fight physically like AN ANIMAL IN THE JUNGLE and in reality LIKE AN HEADLESS CHICKEN. I brag online but i am a COWWWAARD

Well done...Mr NDDC cool
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by belente(m): 8:36pm On May 29, 2015
The issue of realization Biafra is beyond internet threats, you don't need to be told. it is only but a small time
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by crystaliyamu20(m): 8:41pm On May 29, 2015
Loads of cash to be won from sport betting, Get sure winnings on fixed matches, for 100% fixed matches, contact our agent and get subscribed on 2348136171479

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by mickey45: 9:52pm On May 29, 2015
theV0ice:
At the inauguration today, PMB made the following statement

''......The amnesty programme in the Niger Delta is due to end in December, but the Government intends to invest heavily in the projects, and programmes currently in place. I call on the leadership and people in these areas to cooperate with the State and Federal Government in the rehabilitation programmes which will be streamlined and made more effective. As ever, I am ready to listen to grievances of my fellow Nigerians. I extend my hand of fellowship to them so that we can bring peace and build prosperity for our people......''

and the sad and bitter souls entered the market in a display of madness occasioned by bitterness without waiting to digest what he actually meant. Maybe it's illiteracy or bile but a little thinking could have helped them out. President Buhari (how sweet that sounds grin) was only echoing what every sane and living human in Nigeria already knew: the GEJ govt had marked 2015 as the end of amnesty program.

hear what Kuku, the amnesty czar said. A simple Google search could have cured some of the orubebeism the children of anger got afflicted with.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/why-amnesty-ends-2015-kuku/

To break it down (for those unable to comprehend), EVEN IF GEJ HAD CONTINUED AS PRESIDENT, AMNESTY WAS GOING TO END THIS YEAR and Kuku gave very cogent reasons why. You should even praise PMB for saying he'll invest HEAVILY in the program. see the below from the same speech.

Government intends to invest [size=14pt]heavily[/size] in the projects, and programmes currently in place

Now you guys can take your grievances to otuoke. That's where ex-president GEJ, who designed it to end this year, retired to.

Exactly !!!
But I think it's high time we stop focusing on who said what and start analysing (even if just for the sake of public discourse as in the "Plato" era) the quality, correctness and "bestness" of the policy or actions themselves.
While I agree that GEJ n Yar-adua have years b4 now stipulated when d whole amnesty issue will end, the bone of contention now is some people's posturings and threats here.
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Caseless: 3:01am On May 30, 2015
Truckpusher
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Truckpusher(m): 3:13am On May 30, 2015
Caseless:
Truckpusher
I have said it before and I will say it again: If the FRN is sincere in dealing with the Niger Delta problem, there won't be need for any form of amnesty.

You can't continuously pay some hoodlums to stay at home and do nothing except to birth another set of hoodlums, but again if Goodluck Jonathan had refused to implement Yaradua's amnesty programs and opted for a people oriented program the same self proclaimed owners of Nigeria that hates the goose that lays the golden egg would have been calling for his head - So, like an orphan he decided to follow a popular policy which has not really helped matter.

Buhari should embark on infrastructural development programs ,untainted skills acquisition,scholarships set aside for both vocational training and other sustainable human developmental projects and watch militancy and youth restiveness disappear for good, anything less than this with the usual lip service that has been the modus operandi of the Nigerian state will give birth to another bitter struggle that would be unprecedented in the history of this country.

A people friendly policy should be slammed on NDDC to ensure that money meant for the development of the Niger Delta is well utilized and not to settle some barking dogs that are parading themselves as leaders.

I have said mine - because we can't continuously watch helplessly as our environment is being used to subsidize the entire country with nothing to show for it.

And its high time we look into resource control and fiscal federalism.

2 Likes

Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Caseless: 3:41am On May 30, 2015
Truckpusher:
I have said it before and I will say it again: If the FRN is sincere in dealing with the Niger Delta problem, there won't be need for any form of amnesty.

You can't continuously pay some hoodlums to stay at home and do nothing except to birth another set of hoodlums, but again if Goodluck Jonathan had refused to implement Yaradua's amnesty programs and opted for a people oriented program the same self proclaimed owners of Nigeria that hates the goose that lays the golden egg would have been calling for his head - So, like an orphan he decided to follow a popular policy which has not really helped matter.

Buhari should embark on infrastructural development programs ,untainted skills acquisition,scholarships set aside for both vocational training and other sustainable human developmental projects and watch militancy and youth restiveness disappear for good, anything less than this with the usual lip service that has been the modus operandi of the Nigerian state will give birth to another bitter struggle that would be unprecedented in the history of this country.

A people friendly policy should be slammed on NDDC to ensure that money meant for the development of the Niger Delta is well utilized and not to settle some barking dogs that are parading themselves as leaders.

I have said mine - because we can't continuously watch helplessly as our environment is being used to subsidize the entire country with nothing to show for it.

And its high time we look into resource control and fiscal federalism.
wow! This could pass for your most truth-littered and fact-driven post on nairaland.
*bookmarks it*
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by theV0ice: 5:22am On May 30, 2015
mickey45:

Exactly !!!
But I think it's high time we stop focusing on who said what and start analysing (even if just for the sake of public discourse as in the "Plato" era) the quality, correctness and "bestness" of the policy or actions themselves.
While I agree that GEJ n Yar-adua have years b4 now stipulated when d whole amnesty issue will end, the bone of contention now is some people's posturings and threats here.

You're on point bro.....very much on point.
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nobody: 5:25am On May 30, 2015
Once amnesty goes, boys that are not smiling return to the creeks; of course Buhari being the no nonsense guy bares down heavily on them and so the Niger Delta unrest resurfaces; meanwhile, whilst attention is briefly diverted from the Boko haram insurgency up North, the Islamists sieze the opportunity to wreck havoc on the Northerners, Buhari orders in the troops for sure and soon all over Nigeria it's war in the south, war in the north...you prayed for a dictator Nigerians, you thought Jonathan was a fool...lol Now enjoy yaself
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Faraidi(m): 8:44am On May 30, 2015
theV0ice:

They should keep attacking....Their elders like FFK, Okupe, Abati, Fayose, Metuh did worse and President Buhari majestically ignored them grin

at least none of them is as privileged as Fayose to take out a whole page in a national newspaper to vent their frustrations and orubebeism angry

They should keep wasting their 5MB dash from the GSM networks cheesy
you are the biggest fool on planet earth.
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by thev0ice1: 9:07am On May 30, 2015
Faraidi:
I AM the biggest fool on planet earth.

Very true cool
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nobody: 11:19am On May 30, 2015
Ymodulus:
In All, it will come to an end. Because Buhari is in power. We all know Jonathan does not have the courage to do so. Jonathan Government was characterised with numerous procastination of which we believe and sure this was one. Do you think he will just sit tight and allow his Niger Delta terrorist brethen to be deprived of the NationaL CAKE? No he wont. If he wanted doing such why didnt he broadcast it?

Guy Buhari made it possible

-Ymodulus
"I am for everybody; And I am for nobody. - @MBuhari. #EagleSquare #DemocracyDay #NewNigeria"

U can dispute all religions, I can agree with that ... But as for God, he exists.
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nobody: 11:20am On May 30, 2015
They want to end amnesty program in the Niger delta so that they can use the funds to fund amnesty in the north for Boko Haram.

This will be the start of the disaster..
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Faraidi(m): 1:46pm On May 30, 2015
thev0ice1:

Very true cool
bastar.d keep changing ur life from goo to bad
Re: Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 30, 2015
ll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa2015: Protest At INEC Office "Cancel Southern Ijaw Results" / Buhari Takes Aisha, Children Along For Turkey Trip (Photos) / More Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign At Ladipo Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.