Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,205 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? (6005 Views)

Please Help This Lady Find Her Brother / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! / I Caught My Wife In Bed With Her ‘brother’, Hubby Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by francababy(f): 3:55pm On May 29, 2015
A friend of mine called me this morning to explain her ordeal when her brother slapped their mum twice last night. I was confused on the issue. We need your advice urgently. Here's what happened:

His name is Oscar. In 2006 after finishing his NYSC he looked for a job for 2 years without success. During his NYSC year he served in Lagos and started dating a girl, Tania. After NYSC, they were still dating. This girl has an OND. She works at one of the major Accounting/management firms in Nigeria. In 2008, her company was employing. And she told her bf, Oscar. That's how he got his job with the company. He moved to lagos and she offered that he moves in to her one room self contain apartment. So he got a job with free accommodation. He has really gone far in his job. He is now in middle management. He even has an M.Sc now. Went to LBS. He built a house for his family in Delta. They moved in this year. The wahala is that the mum hates the girl, Tania. She sees no good about the girl. She says the girl's level of education is too low for her son. But the guy wants to marry her this year.

He now lives in a bigger 3 bedroom flat in Lekki and she lives with him. The mum has always told the guy to send the girl out of his house. Yesterday, Oscar was expecting the mum. She was coming to visit for the weekend. While he was at work, she arrived in the evening. Tania just came back from work. To cut the long story short, the mum threw Tania out of the house. Packed all Tania's stuffs and dropped them outside the compound. After throwing Tania things outside, she swept the house. Tania called her fiancée after she left. The guy returned home to talk to his mum. The guy was angry that while they were talking the mum slapped him and he slapped her back twice and told her to leave his life alone. She called her family members and they are all against the son. She's still in his house but he packed a bag and left. They have not seen him since last night. His phone lines are not going through.

My friend said the family is saying they should report at the station and police should start hunting for the guy. That he must suffer for his actions. What should she do? We need your advice.

Update on this event.
They were able to reach Oscar through one of his friends this early morning. Oscar said he never slapped his mum. He said she slapped him once and he was shouting at her not to try it again then she wanted to slap him again and he slapped her hand down. The palm of her hand. When she was throwing the slap, he slapped her hand down like he was blocking the slap. Then he went to his room packed a few things and to look for Tania who went to wait for him in their church.
Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by kristonium(m): 3:59pm On May 29, 2015
Abomination!
Even if u don't arrest him now premature death may sooner or later arrest him cos its written,'honour thy mother and thy father that you may LIVE LONG'

2 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by BTT(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2015
Please don't arrest him. It is not necessary. By the way, if you should, on what charge would that be? Assault? The same offence the mum is legally culpable of?

The guy has no moral standing to SLAP HIS MOTHER. Or any woman his mother's age for that matter! What came over him!?

We are Africans, and we unilaterally obey and never question our parents. This is only good to some extent. Parents too should learn the boundaries of their liberties, and of course understand the transition of their children from the nappy tying crawler to the car driving bearded man.

The mum has absolute no right to throw his guest or girlfriend out of HIS house. It was zealousness taken too far. (Check, the same girlfriend is associated with the son's prosperous rise).

Mum went too far. Son went too far. It is pure family 'ish' and introducing the police equation will take everything south.

Everybody must sit and talk together, a respected family member should be available to portion blames where due.

The guy's opinion should be respected. It is the way to earn his respect. He shouldn't have to go donating slaps to earn it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 29, 2015
Suffer for what action? The mother deserved the slap that the son gave her. At least she would think twice before encroaching into the life of a full grown man just because she is his mother.

The woman was wrong for pushing her sons girlfriend out of his own house that she even came to visit.
She doesn't have any right whatsoever to force her son against his desire to marry that girl

What the fvck do they need the police for? The young man needs privacy and that's why he left.
Those relations who think he should be punished should go sit their assses down and concentrate on more important things, especially the ones that concern them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Abduletudaye(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2015
This is serious. But isn't the mother of Oscar aware that Tania was a stepping stone to her sons' success??

I know how mothers feel when it comes to choice for wives and even girlfriends sef but mama oscar should have not reacted the way she did.

I blame Oscar for slapping his mom as well...

But mama Oscar and Oscar, there are better ways to solve this...i hope Oscar is found..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Abduletudaye(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:
Suffer for what action? The mother deserved the slap that the son gave her. Atleast she would thik twice before encroaching into the life of a full grown young man just because she is his mother.

The woman was wrong for pushing her sons girlfriend out of her sons house that she came to visit.
She doesn't have any right whatsoever to tell force her son against his desire to marry that girl

The mother was wrong but Oscar should have left the house with retaliating.

That would have pained the mother more...Only her cant stay alone for that big house na..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 29, 2015
Abduletudaye:

The mother was wrong but Oscar should have left the house with retaliating.

That would have pained the mother more...Only her cant stay alone for that big house na..

She is a fool for leaving her husbands house to her sons house to demonstrate such level of stupidity and wickedness and she deserved the slaps she got.

You say oscar should have left?
See, some people only respond to things like that. That slap will make that woman not just to deeply consider what she did, but to also never repeat it ever again.

And if she can't stay in the house, she should go from whence she came. Simple.

6 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:14pm On May 29, 2015
Mama Oscar, woman way dey bring ur son good luck, Na Prayer u go dey pray for her now no be to dey reset ur son....Mama Oscar shouldn't have slapped d son, That's uncalled for, I even dey suspect d Mama sef, Hp she never chop am for night and God has been protecting d son because of his fiancee. This things happens, She acted like an old witched(my thinking oh...lol) But Oscar ought to have applied brake now...Simply walk out and leave d house for her with ur woman like he just did. No need resetting his Mom back (abomination)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 29, 2015
Oscar is really on the right path. The fact that he slapped his mum and the fact that tania helped him achieved his goals in his career path enabled him have the thought leaving the family drama with a bag as stated. Even with the fact that he can't be reached... After a while everything would cool down nd the issue would be in another level unknown to anyone except the family in question... I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by francababy(f): 4:22pm On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:

She is a fool for leaving her husbands house to her sons house to demonstrate such level of stupidity and wickedness and she deserved the slaps she got.

See, some people only respond to things like that. That slap will make that woman not just to deeply consider what she did, but to also never repeat it.

Early this year, the mum was visiting. Oscar was at a meeting. The mum stopped at the bus park and since Tania could drive, Oscar told her to take his car to bring his mum home. On getting there, the mum saw Tania driving her son's car. She was very angry. She told the girl to give her the keys that she wants to drive. Tania gave her the keys. But she can't drive. She central locked the car. Took a cab, put her things in the cab and went home. Oscar had to finish from the meeting hours later, went home, get the key from his mum and came to retrieve his car from the park.

I guess he was fed up that's why he replied her slap this time.

3 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by chuksbogus: 4:24pm On May 29, 2015
that Guys mother is noting but fool. if you say u are an adult behave like one, when u behave like a child u will be treated as such. she went far!!!!
though the boy could have controlled himself by not slapping back rather he would have sent her out of his house or put her in d next available bus home. those relations that are waging their tongue where were they when he was looking for job and accommodation? how many of them gave him pocket money? this kind if abomination doesn't hold water. cos by the time both God and gods Will evaluate the circumstance surrounding the girl issue and the mothers stand the boy will be set free. this is a lesson to selfish, egoistic, controlling mothers out there.

7 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Abduletudaye(m): 4:26pm On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:

See, some people only respond to things like that. That slap will make that woman not just to deeply consider what she did, but to also never repeat it ever again.

See dear, there are some words that Oscar would say to his Mum that will get her thinking... I mean, just take for instance my enemy's slaps his mother because his mother slapped him. Haba..you don't quench fire with fire but i still maintain, leaving the house for his Mum would have been more painful. The mother was wrong. i agree with you nontheless. smiley
Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by VhatAmazingDude: 4:27pm On May 29, 2015
The momsi jonze.
It doesn't justify the guy's actions though.
Anyways, they should just make peace amongst themselves.
If they invite outsiders finish, na dem go still carry the family shame.
Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by phadat(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2015
I don't understand why the woman will insists the son will not marry his choice as a wife and she is definitely wrong in asking the girl out of the sons life, where was she when the son had no job, was squatting with the girl in question? she can't feign ignorance of the boys situation then and the girl factor in her sons success in life. But the son is wrong to lay his hands on his mum that action is totally wrong he should have left the house for her until she leaves the house.
But nothing will make me leave the girl for anything at all if l am Oscar

4 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by VickJames(m): 4:33pm On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:

Even if she acted badly, don't call a full-grown man's mother a fool, ok.

1 Like

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 29, 2015
francababy:

Early this year, the mum was visiting. Oscar was at a meeting. The mum stopped at the bus park and since Tania could drive, Oscar told her to take his car to bring his mum home. On getting there, the mum saw Tania driving her son's car. She was very angry. She told the girl to give her the keys that she wants to drive. Tania gave her the keys. But she can't drive. She central locked the car. Took a cab, put her things in the cab and went home. Oscar had to finish from the meeting hours later, went home, get the key from his mum and came to retrieve his car from the park.

I guess he was fed up that's why he replied her slap this time.

Exactly!
The mum is too controlling, possessive and annoying. I am sure the guy must have warned her about her attitude a lot of times.

Some parents should know when to back off from the lives of their children. They should know that their role should just be advisory and nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by VickJames(m): 4:34pm On May 29, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Mama Oscar, woman way dey bring ur son good luck, Na Prayer u go dey pray for her now no be to dey reset ur son....Mama Oscar shouldn't have slapped d son, That's uncalled for, I even dey suspect d Mama sef, Hp she never chop am for night and God has been protecting d son because of his fiancee. This things happens, She acted like an old witched(my thinking oh...lol) But Oscar ought to have applied brake now...Simply walk out and leave d house for her with ur woman like he just did. No need resetting his Mom back (abomination)

Typical African man

2 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 29, 2015
VickJames:

Even if she acted badly, don't call a full-grown man's mother a fool, ok.

What's the matter with you people?

When someone does something foolish, the person is called a fool.
'Fool' was coined from 'Foolish'.
The woman did a foolish thing and she deserved to be called a fool. Simple.

10 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by dustydee: 4:39pm On May 29, 2015
The guy was wrong to have slapped his mother.
If I may ask, under which law do they plan to have him arrested? Do they plan to arrest the mother too? And how sure are they that the mother is not lying that he slapped her to elicit sympathy from other family members and cast the duo as bad people?

1 Like

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:45pm On May 29, 2015
VickJames:

Typical African man

Yes man...E dey happen nw...Shuo...Nothing person never read here now.
Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by VickJames(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

Yes man...E dey happen nw...Shuo...Nothing person never read here now.

The mother needs to calm down and stop seeing the girl as a competitor but a blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by VickJames(m): 4:52pm On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:

What's the matter with you people?

When someone does something foolish, the person is called a fool.
'Fool' was coined from 'Foolish'.
The woman did a foolish thing and she deserved to be called a fool. Simple.

You were asked for a solution not possible names you'll call the woman for her action.

You just showed you can't solve a family problem without name calling. So what will you call the son for slapping his mum?

2 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 29, 2015
VickJames:

You were asked for a solution not possible names you'll call the woman for her action.

You just showed you can't solve a family problem without name calling. So what will you call the son for slapping his mum?

So because someone has reached a certain age she now has to be exempted from being chastised?

The son did the right thing in that instance. You can use whatever adjective to classify him based on my assessment.
Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by bukatyne(f): 5:01pm On May 29, 2015
What crime do they plan to arrest the son for?

Oscar shouldn't have slapped his mother even though she deserved it.

I detest such mothers.

Let Oscar apologise very well prostrating and beg others to help him beg.

The mother will learn never to poke nose again.
Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by francababy(f): 5:16pm On May 29, 2015
dustydee:
The guy was wrong to have slapped his mother.
If I may ask, under which law do they plan to have him arrested? Do they plan to arrest the mother too? And how sure are they that the mother is not lying that he slapped her to elicit sympathy from other family members and cast the duo as bad people?

I thought of this too. How can she slap him once and he slapped her back twice.
Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by taryour(f): 5:22pm On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:
Suffer for what action? The mother deserved the slap that the son gave her. At least she would think twice before encroaching into the life of a full grown man just because she is his mother.

The woman was wrong for pushing her sons girlfriend out of his own house that she even came to visit.
She doesn't have any right whatsoever to tell force her son against his desire to marry that girl

What the fvck do they need the police for? The young man needs privacy that's why he left.
Those relations who think he should be punished should go sit their assses down and concentrate on more important things, especially the ones that concern them.

WHAT !!! Did you just type that a mother deserves her son slapping her You must be very high on something. So you mean if your own brother slaps your mum,you will see nothing wrong in that

You have gotta be kidding me. Or you seriously to be noticed on nairaland for typing this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Vikky014(f): 5:26pm On May 29, 2015
kristonium:
Abomination!
Even if u don't arrest him now premature death may sooner or later arrest him cos its written,'honour thy mother and thy father that you may LIVE LONG'
it is also written that parents should not provoke their kids. to avoid dis type of story
Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by taryour(f): 5:33pm On May 29, 2015
francababy:
A friend of mine called me this morning to explain her ordeal when her brother slapped their mum twice last night. I was confused on the issue. We need your advice urgently. Here's what happened:

His name is Oscar. In 2006 after finishing his NYSC he looked for a job for 2 years without success. During his NYSC year he served in Lagos and started dating a girl, Tania. After NYSC, they were still dating. This girl has an OND. She works at one of the major Accounting/management firms in Nigeria. In 2008, her company was employing. And she told her bf, Oscar. That's how he got his job with the company. He moved to lagos and she offered that he moves in to her one room self contain apartment. So he got a job with free accommodation. He has really gone far in his job. He is now in middle management. He even has an M.Sc now. Went to LBS. He built a house for his family in Delta. They moved in this year. The wahala is that the mum hates the girl, Tania. She sees no good about the girl. She says the girl's level of education is too low for her son. But the guy wants to marry her this year.

He now lives in a bigger 3 bedroom flat in Lekki and she lives with him. The mum has always told the guy to send the girl out of his house. Yesterday, Oscar was expecting the mum. She was coming to visit for the weekend. While he was at work, she arrived in the evening. Tania just came back from work. To cut the long story short, the mum threw Tania out of the house. Packed all Tania's stuffs and dropped them outside the compound. After throwing Tania things outside, she swept the house. Tania called her fiancée after she left. The guy returned home to talk to his mum. The guy was angry that while they were talking the mum slapped him and he slapped her back twice and told her to leave his life alone. She called her family members and they are all against the son. She's still in his house but he packed a bag and left. They have not seen him since last night. His phone lines are not going through.

My friend said the family is saying they should report at the station and police should start hunting for the guy. That he must suffer for his actions. What should she do? We need your advice.

This is a very very serious issue op. And the better it is resolved the better for oscar. What the mother did is totally wrong BUT what oscar as done is a curse on his head. How dare he raise his hands to slap his own mother That is really very BAD. He has invited the curse of a mother on his head, he has cursed the pain and agony of childbirth.

Need I remind you that if eventually this lady tania or any other woman leaves him, his mother remains his mother and can never be replaced.

There are better ways to have solved this than what he did. For him to have gone that far has even added more to the fire on ground, his entire family will hate Tania the more for this action.

They do not need to arrest him at all. What will chase him home to roll on the floor and beg his mother awaits him.

YOUR MOTHER IS YOUR mini god.

1 Like

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by coogaluta(f): 5:33pm On May 29, 2015
This one get as e be oo undecided
Naija mamas be throwing slaps around like water angry
but Oscar sef suppose act nice na lipsrsealed
Anyways, there's nothing police can do, she slapped him first
let them sit down as mother and son and sort it out...
Mummy should leave Oscar and his decisions alone, Oscar should apologize sincerely and profusely for slapping mum...
Life continues cool

1 Like

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 29, 2015
taryour:

WHAT !!! Did you just type that a mother deserves her son slapping her You must be very high on something. So you mean if your own brother slaps your mum,you will see nothing wrong in that

You have gotta be kidding me. Or you seriously to be noticed on nairaland for typing this rubbish.

The attention seeker here is you because you just came out of no where, raving and ranting like a hag on menopause and spitting venom like I am the sole cause of all your problems.

Look, when someone displays characteristics of a child on a constant basis, you have no choice but to treat that person like a child.

Not to long ago there was a youtube video that went viral. It was about a young boy who beat his mother because she was a drug addict and she was always embarrassing the both of them.
A lot of people were in support of the boys actions.

As far as I am concerned, this is just the same case here. Scroll down and you will see where the op explained how the woman in question was always displaying her annoying attitude at every chance.

I repeat again: The woman deserves the slaps she got.
If you are not okay with my opinion, it's your problem.

7 Likes

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by taryour(f): 5:43pm On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:

The attention seeker here is you because you just came out of no where, raving and ranting like a hag on menopause and spitting venom like I am the sole cause of all your problems.

Look, when someone displays characteristics of a child on a constant basis, you have no choice but to treat that person like a child.

Not to long ago there was a youtube video that went viral. It was about a young boy who beat his mother because she was a drug addict and she was always embarrassing the both of them.

As far as I am concerned, this is just the same case here. Scroll down and you will see where the op explained how the woman in question was always displaying her annoying attitude at every chance.

Wooow I see I hit a nerve. Pele o, alAragb.ona. When your mother offends you,go right ahead and give her dirty slaps and patiently wait for the consequences. God help you in your quest.

1 Like

Re: Her Brother Slapped Their Mum Twice. Should She Arrest Him? by taryour(f): 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:

I see your big mouth has gotten wider and hence it will land you in more trouble. I wunt be surprised if you open another thread apologizing to the entire universe this time. You really need to grow up and get something good doing with your life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Marriage Between A White Man And A Black Woman Produce A White Offspring? / HELP Me–my Wife Forces Me To Have Sex With Her 8 Times A Day. What Should I Do? / Please I Need Help.. Am Going Crazy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.