Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

We Have American Football, Basket Ball (US), What About Nigeria? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Have American Football, Basket Ball (US), What About Nigeria? (443 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha Juggles A Golf Ball. Photos / We Have American Football, Basket Ball (US), What About Nigeria? / We Have American Football, Basket Ball (US), What About Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have American Football, Basket Ball (US), What About Nigeria? by PMIcon(m): 7:31pm On May 29, 2015
I believe strongly in the role sport play in the economy of nations.

Nigeria has however largely depended on sport innovations from other countries. We need to change.

Imagine a game festival like World Cup based in Nigeria and run through public-private partnership instead of FIFA. Imagine how much the country will make from it.

2014 World Cup generated (to FIFA) a net profit more than 10% of Nigeria's 2015 budget (i.e more than $2.2 billion). The remarkable thing is that funds generated from TV rights alone paid all the bills with extra, significant change remaining.

I believe it is time to innovate and change the future in our favour.
I have created a game that has the potential to effect great excitement in the sport industry globally like football, create jobs, and boost the global economy.

I believe that it can outshine basket ball very quickly with support from Nairalanders. And it is my desire that, gaining Government support, we will all be glad a game from Nigeria can influence the world.

What do you suggest I do to gain Government support?
Re: We Have American Football, Basket Ball (US), What About Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
Cool facts.
Re: We Have American Football, Basket Ball (US), What About Nigeria? by Omololu001: 12:33am On Feb 14, 2019
2,3,4 and five aside(monkey post)

O.G.O ojo 1-2-3 undecided

1 touch and also 2 touch sad
Re: We Have American Football, Basket Ball (US), What About Nigeria? by Nostradamus: 12:44am On Feb 14, 2019
Omololu001:
2,3,4 and five aside(monkey post)

O.G.O ojo 1-2-3 undecided

1 touch and also 2 touch sad
You no serious!!na the traditional soccer league we play as kids you dey take joke so...

Oga o. P, no bother yourself jare,even the established sports like football,basketball and Co, Nigeria's government don't give themselves headache with it.your only option is if the private bodies will come to sponsor your proposed league(but I doubt if they will do it sha).you should know that Nigeria is the killer of dreams. Try the private sector,if you're lucky,dangote or some other big firms might support you.

By the way,what's the sport you have in mind?

(1) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Shines In Man City Win Against AS Roma / Breaking News!!!!! / 'joining Manchester City Was Easy For Me' - Raheem Sterling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.