Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (33120 Views)

"Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Files Suit Against Buhari Over Delay In Appointing Ministers / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-olu Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by chibecanglobal(m): 9:39pm On May 29, 2015
Lagos based lawyer, Ebun-Olu-Adegboruwa has condemned the inauguration speech by President Muhammadu Buhari, saying it was illusory and vague.

The lawyer in a statement issued on Friday and made available to newsmen argued that President Buhari, in his speech failed to touch certain issues in his address, and also failed to show how certain problems he identified would be tackled, hence falling short of a presidential speech for an inauguration.

The lawyer listed areas that the new president failed to address to include foreign policy directive, issues relating to global warming and climate change, the violence in the Middle East, the general global economic downturn, the mode of tackling corruption, collapsing aviation sector, unpaid salaries of millions of workers across the land, the huge debts that the Jonathan administration has bequeathed to him and the main means of generating revenue, to run his government, apart from oil.

The lawyer therefore argued that it “would seem that the President is still on the soap box, whereby promises and promises and intentions, are the order. He is the President of Nigeria now and my expectation was that since March 28, 2015, when he won the election, when he received the certificate of return from INEC, when he got assurances from Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, that his election would not be contested, General Buhari would have outlined his main policy direction. But alas, that has not happened today.”

Read full statement below:

THE PRESIDENT’S INAUGURAL SPEECH IS ILLUSORY AND VAGUE

I have read the Inaugural Speech of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (Retd.), delivered immediately after his swearing in. It is gratifying that General Buhari has vowed to tackle the rot in the power sector, even though he did not give any direction on how to do that. By and large, it is my view that the President has not addressed the real issues affecting our lives in Nigeria.

It would seem that the President is still on the soap box, whereby promises and promises and intentions, are the order. He is the President of Nigeria now and my expectation was that since March 28, 2015, when he won the election, when he received the certificate of return from INEC, when he got assurances from Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, that his election would not be contested, General Buhari would have outlined his main policy direction. But alas, that has not happened today.

For instance, the President did not say anything on his foreign policy directive, on issues relating to global warming and climate change, the violence in the Middle East and the general global economic downturn. Also, the President was silent on the mode of tackling corruption, which indeed has been the main thrust of his electioneering campaigns; he was silent on the collapsing aviation sector, he kept mute on the unpaid salaries of millions of workers across the land, the huge debts that the Jonathan administration has bequeathed to him and indeed the main means of generating revenue, to run his government, apart from oil. General Buhari gave no hint on the
mode of reform of the judicial system and the administration of justice generally, the expected policy statement on NNPC did not come, and even the Boko Haram insurgency, to which the President devoted most of his speech, ended up in a policy disaster, of cause after effect; in that the President will only know the cause, origin and perspectives of the criminal organisation, only after he has succeeded in killing them all.

In all, the Inaugural Speech became another campaign promise, a general rendition of statements of intention, without action. It was too vague and illusory, like a speech being delivered by a novice in power. This is the President who has ruled this country as a Head of State, through a coup detat in 1983, and one that has sought to rule this nation since 2003, so he had all the time in the world, to have mapped out his cause of action and strategies. This is surely not the speech expected from our GMB.

In the coming days however, we expect more concrete reforms and ACTION.

God bless Nigeria.

EBUN-OLU ADEGBORUWA, ESQ.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/buharis-inaugural-speech-is-illusory-and-vague-ebun-olu-adegboruwa/

22 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by UnknownT: 9:43pm On May 29, 2015
Egbon lawyer easy oh, dem go soon tag you PDP member

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by SeverusSnape(m): 9:44pm On May 29, 2015
Obviously...
**waiting for them to call him a 'tanoid' lawyer**

Do you expect any better from a dullard

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by RealSleek(m): 9:44pm On May 29, 2015
So what undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by aventura: 9:46pm On May 29, 2015
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.........

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by NeduLuiZ(m): 9:48pm On May 29, 2015
Another taniod looking for 5minutes fame. Never heard his name though tongue

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Sweetguy25: 9:50pm On May 29, 2015
I like the speech the way it is. Due to his frail health and terrible accent, he shouldn't be making long speeches. Else, He might kill himself and his audience.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Mutuwa(m): 9:50pm On May 29, 2015
Another frustrated love child..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:52pm On May 29, 2015
What do you expect from an empty shell who goes around screaming i wull pight kowuption with ameachi atiku and co by his side

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by fitzmayowa: 9:56pm On May 29, 2015
There is no need attacking PMB's speech, nigerians should hold him accountable on his campaign promises...

His speech doesn't really matter to nigerians, its his performance that matters...we don hear enough english/speech(es) since independence...IMO

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by socialmediaman: 9:58pm On May 29, 2015
This charge and bail lawyer obviously doesn't know what he's saying. A president who hasn't assumed office to know the true state of the economy and have a closer look at budget and other expected revenue and perform on the spot accesment would be announcing to the world a blueprint based on no available data?

You didn't hear when he said the outgoing government didn't furnish him with information regarding all these important details?

I have nothing else to tell you and your supporters...

196 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Alphaoscar: 9:59pm On May 29, 2015
Charge and bail liar!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by ShowYourCertificate: 10:13pm On May 29, 2015
This is what you get when you elect a certificateless president into power grin.

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size] tongue tongue

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:
This charge and bail lawyer obviously doesn't know what he's saying. A president who hasn't assumed office to know the true state of the economy and have a closer look at budget and other expected revenue and perform on the spot accesment would be announcing to the world a blueprint based on no available data?

You didn't hear when he said the outgoing government didn't furnish him with information regarding all these important details?

I have nothing else to tell you and your supporters...
God bless you jare... Ani yoo daa fun o baami!

Agbejoro ...sorry.... The lawyer that said that trash is daft. Ode buruku nii..oorr!

He wants Buhari to give a 2hrs address after standing for 1hr inspecting the guards....then later the daft lawyer will say another nonsense.

For the benefit of doubt, permit me to shalaye ni shoki:

An Inaugural speech is merely an acceptance of responsibility speech and a pledge to serve. It has nothing to do with stating exact policies and so on especially when you have not consulted your Federal Executive Council..unless you are a dictator anyway.

Ehn ehn ehn...And did I just read where d oponu lawyer wanted Buhari to address the crisis in the Middle East Orrr....i have said it...the lawyer is so daft...

at least Buhari touched on the military travails, BokoHaram and chibok girls....ko se daruko bin laden ati saddam Hussein.

Obolo dudu laarin ahon.

Daft lawyer and OP

169 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by NosoChic: 11:16pm On May 29, 2015
What shall a long speech profit Nigeria?

We want less speeches and more action abeg......All these years and speeches made , what significant difference has it made?

The speech was apt and brief that to me is all that mattered. ...even a young child aged 12 can easily understand the speech.

39 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Flashh: 7:34am On May 30, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Obviously...
**waiting for them to call him a 'tanoid' lawyer**

[s] Do you expect any better from a dullard [/s]
Yes! He is their lawyer... We know PDP stüpid propaganda, PDP is very good at laying assault, they should continue, they will never make it.

@your last statement... Are you dumb because you are silly or you are silly because you are dumb?

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Sweetcollins: 7:34am On May 30, 2015
How na
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by ozo13(m): 7:34am On May 30, 2015
I can only laff
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by deri4luv1(m): 7:34am On May 30, 2015
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by niceguy7(m): 7:34am On May 30, 2015
Mr ebun-olu keep quayet. Baba is for everybody and also for nobody.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Warlord3000(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2015
Mumu charge and bail lawyer...

So we are supposed to spend all day of the inauguration listen to a textbook list of what he will do and not do abi smiley

Anyone ever taught you on summary and let the work speaks for itself

16 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by OgaTheTop2: 7:35am On May 30, 2015
Abeg who's this bastard of a lawyer?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 7:35am On May 30, 2015
You have an opportunity to be popular for 5minutes please utilise it.

What did you gain with GEJ & his not so vague speeches.?

23 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by iluvweed(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2015
grin

Crazy Lawyer, So you still want all the heaven and earth FAKE promises? This man does not want to talk much as I have noticed! Its all about actions my man!...........Action F**King speaks louder than words! Are you not supposed to be fed up of words? All the ones bros J promised only -0.004% was actually done!...So pls lets give BABA a chance. I am sure he wont downgrade.... grin

* and you also heard when he said he cannot say much about the country until he studies the handover note!

SAI BABA!

20 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 7:35am On May 30, 2015
Some charge and bail lawyers just want to be noticed....
Mtcheeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by loomer: 7:35am On May 30, 2015
I no be buhari fan o, but make all these people free d man and his speech. Shey na everything him for talk abi dem want make na two days them take do the ceremony?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Drinkwater(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2015
Sensitive eyes monitoring the gov't and nothing is taken for granted. I'm happy about the awareness and political sensitivity in Nigerian now, this will go a long way in helping Mr Buhari's gov't. We hope for the best but we won't defend incompetence in the name of partisan politics.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by luvinhubby(m): 7:36am On May 30, 2015
Don't care about speech, sending my girls to school on Monday with empty plates to receive their free share of state food as was promised.

See abuses just because one lawyer criticised Buhari's speech, you people are on a very loonnngg thing.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 7:36am On May 30, 2015
When a PRESIDENT appoints incompetent and corrupt individuals into office.... Scream CHANGE!!!! with hate and burning vengeance in your eyes.. Over 40,000 Nigerians lost their lives and over 100 thousand are internally displaced because we stood by and let it happen. This is the last destiny train at the last bustop and in our hands we hold our last train tickets.. 50 years after and we have not started our journey. If we fail due to our deafening blissful ignorance or docility, 2015 leads into an era of irreversible chaos. We shall become the largest poorest human jungle on the continent. Remembered for being a fool at 50 in spite of the enormous potential and opportunities.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Jaideyone(m): 7:37am On May 30, 2015
is this the same Ebun that contested for HOR under PDP Lagos? She's trying so hard to be relevant

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by KingTom(m): 7:37am On May 30, 2015
loomer:
I no be buhari fan o, but make all these people free d man and his speech. Shey na everything him for talk abi dem want make na two days them take do the ceremony?
I Tire oooo sad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Sacks Jegede As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ondo, Endorses Jimoh Ibrahim / Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) / Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.