Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

12 Most Common Bad Etiquettes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 12 Most Common Bad Etiquettes (735 Views)

Top 12 Most Forbidden Places In The World You Never Knew / 12 Most Evil People That The World Has Ever Known / 12 Of The Most Common Bad Manners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Most Common Bad Etiquettes by Cutehector(m): 9:40pm On May 29, 2015
At the risk of sounding old, I remember when people strived to be polite and show their best side to the public. Now it seems as though a lot of folks just don't care.
Here are some of the most common bad manners I've encountered:

1.Flat-out rudeness– I'm bothered by the fact that some people pretend no one else in the world is affected by their behavior, actions, and words. Don't ask rude questions that are none of your business. And if someone does something nice for you, say, "Thank you." That shouldn't be too difficult.

2. Cell phone conversations in public– When you're talking on your cell phone in public, remember where you are. Don't discuss anything that the rest of the world has no business knowing, like what your doctor said about your infection, your Brazilian waxing appointment, or the argument you had with your boss after you didn't finish your work. Wait until you get home – or at least in your car – before discussing such private stuff.

3. Excessive virtual socializing– What did these people ever do before texting and social media existed? I suspect they had "real" relationships with "in person" people. If you are with someone, don't ignore him/her to text/pong someone who isn't even with you. Its rude!

4. Crowding the person at the cash register– When you're waiting for someone to finish her transaction with the clerk, stand back a bit. Everyone needs personal space when dealing with anything financial – and at ATM post.

5. Dressing inappropriately– I get why you want to be comfortable but wrapping only towel around the body and going out to get something down the street isn't just an eye sore but totally absurd for ladies. I also don't want to see excessive cleavage or have to hold my breath worrying that if someone bends over I'll get a view of something I never want to see.

6. Being unkind to disabled people– When you spot a wheelchair-bound person in a grocery store and ask if you can help get something off a top shelf. That should take you about a second, and it will be good for everyone.

7. Casting off the elderly– Don't ever forget who paved the way for you in this world, young man or young woman. Someone you may now consider old and feeble was once the person who fed you, wiped your bottom, and dried your tears when you were little. Show a little respect.

8. Letting children misbehave– Before you bring your children to any public place, talk to them about their manners. I get how annoying it can be to repeat yourself over and over, but that comes with the territory of having offspring. Consider it paying now for what you want to reap later. Not only will others appreciate your young children's good manners, you'll have better adult children in a few years.

9. Exhibiting terrible table manners while dining out– I'm sometimes disgusted by how bad people behave at the table. An occasional elbow on the table doesn't bug me as much as chewing with an open mouth or smacking. I also resent the person who handles something on the table at a party and then tosses it into the washing hand dish. That's just gross.

10. Not taking the time to show gratitude– After you receive a gift, send a thank you note. You don't have to write pages and pages. Simply thank the person.

11. Boasting about anything- Bragging comes natural to most people, especially when they feel one-upped by others. Just remember that boasting is rude and inconsiderate, no matter how fast your cool new car can take you from zero to eighty.

12. Letting foul language fly in public– I take issue with people who let out a bunch of expletives in public places, even when children are present. There's something called self-control.

Good manners don't grow on trees. They have to be learned, preferably at an early age from parents who spend time teaching etiquetteand reminding when the rules are broken.
You can add more.

Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Common Bad Etiquettes by DuchessLily(f): 9:48pm On May 29, 2015
13. Poking ur finger into ur nose or picking ur teeth with ur finger

14. dragging ur feet on d floor while walking

15. Belging noisily while eating with pple, without an 'excuse me' etc.
Re: 12 Most Common Bad Etiquettes by Mutuwa(m): 9:48pm On May 29, 2015
Click like is your not guilty of any..click share is your guilty of some..
Re: 12 Most Common Bad Etiquettes by Cutehector(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2015
DuchessLily:
13. Poking ur finger into ur nose or picking ur teeth with ur finger

14. dragging ur feet on d floor while walking

15. Belging noisily while eating with pple, without an 'excuse me'
lol pokin of d nose wit d finger is more like a reflex.. U jus duno wen u do it privately buh in public is a no no..
Re: 12 Most Common Bad Etiquettes by ArchEnemy(m): 10:03pm On May 29, 2015
Nice work Op
Nice addition Duchesslily
Re: 12 Most Common Bad Etiquettes by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 29, 2015
Chewing noisily/ discussing loudly in a restaurant where other pple r just trying to enjoy their food

(1) (Reply)

Resolve All Your DSTV Issues Here. / Tell a Friend It's Freeeeee! / Most Popular Nairaland 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.