Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary (20531 Views)

Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper / Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine / Aliyu Orders His Deputy To Leave Executive Meeting For Calling Him A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Kcinho(m): 4:52am On May 30, 2015
Governor Nasiru El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State, on Friday
said he would forfeit 50 per cent of his salary
pending when the financial situation of the state
improves.

The governor stated this in his inaugural
address, after he was sworn-in by the state
Chief Judge, Justice Tanimu Zailani in
Kaduna.

He said that the pay cut would also affect
the Deputy Governor, Mr Barnabas Bala.
El-Rufa’i also declared that the
administration would “guarantee free and
compulsory basic education for every child
up to JS3, regardless of gender, religion or
ethnicity.”

He said that in spite of the challenges
facing the state, the administration would
also “focus on jobs, security, education, and
healthcare.”

“The fact is that today Kaduna State
cannot meet its obligations without handouts
from the federal government.

“We cannot comfortably pay salaries of our
teachers and nurses and civil servants.
And after struggling to pay salaries, we
can do little else.

“We cannot fix the schools, help our
farmers, repair our roads, or treat the sick.
We have arrived at a dead end. The patient
is sick, and it needs radical therapy.”

El-Rufa’i said the situation demanded for
“difficult decisions”, adding that political
office holders must sacrifice the comfort
of their offices for the greater good of all.
“In recognition of the difficult challenges
we face, our deputy Governor and I have
concluded that the sacrifices that change
requires must begin with us.

“We have decided to take a pay cut and
donate 50 percent of our salaries and
allowances, until our fiscal situation
improves.

“We understand that leadership by example
is the most persuasive way to demand
sacrifices from all of us as citizens.
“We pledge to avoid ostentation and foolish
bigmanism, and to value transparency,
modesty and accountability.

“We will obey the same rules that we
demand of all of you; After all, the law is
the difference between civilization and
anarchy.

“We submit ourselves to the principle that
all are equal before the Law.”
On security, the governor said he would work
with law enforcement officials to
drastically reduce violent crime in the state
including “communal violence, cattle-rustling
and armed robbery.”

“We will reform the administration of
justice to ensure speedy conclusion of cases
and send a clear message that there will be
sanctions for unlawful conduct.”

He therefore solicited for maximum support
from the people of the state to enable the
administration deliver on its promises.

“Four years from now, by the grace of God
and the active support of you all, we will all
be able to say that the leaders in whose
care you have placed your affairs today
have given their all for the brighter future
that we all seek

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/29/el-rufai-deputy-to-forfeit-50-per-cent-salary/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by chekasforchekas: 4:59am On May 30, 2015
E
Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Mutuwa(m): 5:40am On May 30, 2015
We dey wait..
Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by obailala(m): 5:52am On May 30, 2015
And the Change begins. I foresee many of the new public officials (both elected and appointed) following this path all in a bid to outshine each other. It shall be well

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by hopilo: 5:53am On May 30, 2015
The billions governors make are not from their salaries

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by YoursGEJ(m): 6:26am On May 30, 2015
hopilo:
The billions governors make are not from their salaries

What do you want him to do? Na wah for people o

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Nobody: 6:35am On May 30, 2015
Mtchew, like say his loots are not enough to run the state! Abeg park well. This is what is called initial gragra!

11 Likes

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Nobody: 6:35am On May 30, 2015
Who's gonna check if he actually does fulfil such magnanimity.. M

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:04am On May 30, 2015
Good move! Don't be discouraged by the 'hell rufai' tag by enemies of progress grin

7 Likes

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Hope15: 7:13am On May 30, 2015
People can be terrible! What do you want him to do? Isn't this the call being made by many......slash political office holders' salaries and allowances?

The man made the first move, yet he's put on suspicion, hatred and abuses.

I throway my bum for Naijarians o

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by adaybayor(m): 7:18am On May 30, 2015
Good gesture

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Ejovwoke(m): 7:26am On May 30, 2015
Let the work begin

1 Like

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by niceguy7(m): 7:26am On May 30, 2015
That is among the change we are talking abt. grin

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by captainBIAFRA(m): 7:26am On May 30, 2015
STORY STORY STORY angry angry angry angry angry
Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by tunapawizzy: 7:26am On May 30, 2015
These people announce salaries dey choose to forfeit. What they won't tell us is how much of our commonwealth they will corner for themselves and their cronies thru contracts and d rest. Why then should we be excited.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by snazzy5050(m): 7:27am On May 30, 2015
Change is here

Please help me wif my campaigning all smiley would be grateful

1 Like

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by seunwen2(m): 7:27am On May 30, 2015
more suite to follow
Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Nobody: 7:27am On May 30, 2015
All talk... Until we see it. Typical Nigerian political brouhaha

I guess that was what his people heard that they had to stone him at his inauguration
Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by loomer: 7:27am On May 30, 2015
On paper, it's a good idea. But we all know that all politicians no be their salaries dem de live on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by JingoOAU(m): 7:28am On May 30, 2015
Honestly, I dnt think any governor should be collecting salaries in this country at this moment cos of d economic meltdown...

9 Likes

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Curvinus(m): 7:28am On May 30, 2015
Nice move but that isn't entire why they voted for him.

With a hand firmly placed on the entire Kaduna State purse strings, I wouldn't mind throwing away the penny, much less some few coins.
Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by simongonner: 7:29am On May 30, 2015
He will be the best governor Kaduna ever Had....

8 Likes

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by LMAyedun(m): 7:29am On May 30, 2015
loomer:
On paper, it's a good idea. But we all know that all politicians no be their salaries dem de live on.
Gbam! You just spoke my mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by BigElEddy(m): 7:29am On May 30, 2015
G
Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Popemax(m): 7:29am On May 30, 2015
obailala:
And the Change begins. I foresee many of the new public officials (both elected and appointed) following this path all in a bid to outshine each other. It shall be well
exactly what I wanted to say

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by deri4luv1(m): 7:29am On May 30, 2015
Story story! Please tell me more
Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by drsolob2(m): 7:30am On May 30, 2015
chekasforchekas:
E
Curvinus:
BigElEddy:
G
deri4luv1:
All of una no dey try atall
Make una known say na new govt.we dey so ooh

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by alawi5k: 7:30am On May 30, 2015
They are stingy. Governor Obiano donates his salary since inception to less privileges. So 50% is poor. Am more interested in his security votes and newspaper allowances.

6 Likes

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by danny301: 7:30am On May 30, 2015
The problem is not the salary but other outrageous allowances and the funds they siphon. For me he should keep his salary but should not steal funds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by Nobody: 7:30am On May 30, 2015
You must think us fools. Salaries are just a component of your package. Forfeit 50% of the package with all sorts of frivolous allowances.. Oh I forget... Nigerians are foools since 1960.. They will not see through this trick. Fooled again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by chrisxxx(m): 7:31am On May 30, 2015
Let him apply this to his allowances not salary. Salary is small or negligible. If u mean business apply it to ur allowances.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai, Deputy To Forfeit 50 Per Cent Salary by loomer: 7:31am On May 30, 2015
LMAyedun:
Gbam! You just spoke my mind.

Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Assembly Warns Buhari Against Any Attempt To Remove Fayose / Opinion Poll Tips Oke To Win Ondo Election - Thisday / Osun Elderly Decry APC Performance In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.