Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls (496 Views)

Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / Aisha Buhari Promises To Take Care Of Baby Born With Exposed Heart / FG Will Rescue Chibok Girls Before May 29 – Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls by lolaxavier(m): 6:38am On May 30, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday warned political forces or anyone who thought he would be answerable to him in the next four years, saying he belonged to nobody.

He spoke soon after he was formally inaugurated as the successor to Dr. Goodluck Jonathan at the Eagle Square, Abuja, the nation’s capital.

Amid intermittent applause and shouts of “Sai Baba” and “Sai Buhari” from the audience, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Muhammed, administered the oaths on Buhari at exactly 10.47am

In his inaugural speech, Buhari dressed in a cream-coloured kaftan with a brown cap to match stated that while he was prepared to serve Nigerians, who voted him into power on March 28, he would not be under the control of anybody.

“Having just a few minutes ago sworn on the Holy Book, I intend to keep my oath and serve as President to all Nigerians. I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody,” Buhari said.

He allayed the fears by some suspected past corrupt leaders who might view Buhari’s presidency as coming to victimise them.

He reassured such persons that their fears were unfounded, adding that he had opted to put the past behind him.

“A few people have privately voiced their fears that on coming back to office, I shall go after them. These fears are groundless. There will be no paying off old scores. The past is prologue,” Buhari said.

Rather than going after such persons, the President said the immediate task before him was to address the major concerns of Nigerians, mainly insecurity, “intolerable corruption” and epileptic power supply.

Although his speech did not clearly indicate the drastic steps he would take to solve the problem of the power sector, he recalled that the $20bn spent on the sector since 1999 had only left Nigeria in “darkness and misery” which must be “addressed.”

The President said, “No single cause can be identified to explain Nigeria’s poor economic performance over the years than the power situation. It is a national shame that an economy of 180 million generates only 4,000MW and distributes even less.

“Continuous tinkering with the structures of power supply and distribution and close on $20bn expended since 1999 have only brought darkness, frustration, misery and resignation among Nigerians. We will not allow this to go on. Careful studies are under way during this transition to identify the quickest, safest and most cost-effective way to bring light and relief to Nigerians.”

On insecurity, he admitted that the Boko Haram sect remained the major threat to Nigeria, saying that the Federal Government under him “must” do everything within its powers to bring insurgency to an end.

Read more
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-belong-to-nobody-president-buhari-promises-to-rescue-chibok-girls/

Re: I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls by Aitee1: 6:55am On May 30, 2015
We are waiting...
Re: I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls by size40: 7:00am On May 30, 2015
This is how a good leader talks. Not our former President who sees himself as PDP and a regional President.
Re: I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls by Nobody: 7:01am On May 30, 2015
we ain't surprise to hear dat

just a 30seconds call

it's over
Re: I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls by Odok1: 7:02am On May 30, 2015
Baba, i believe u ill make d difference frm d past govt, God bless Nigeria & give u gud health, lng life, abv all King Solomon wisdom.
Re: I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls by lolaxavier(m): 7:12am On May 30, 2015
Taylor86:
we ain't surprise to hear dat

just a 30seconds call

it's over

We know what you mean.
People still hating even after swearing-in. Some people will just pack up because of high BP...
Re: I Belong To Nobody - President Buhari...Promises To Rescue Chibok Girls by lolaxavier(m): 7:16am On May 30, 2015
Aitee1:
We are waiting...

Waiting for what nah...

(1) (Reply)

New PDP Bot Chair Appeals To Members To Stop Blame Game Over Poll Loss / Boko Haram: Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death Challenge Judgement, Sue Army / Nysc Member Fulfils Vow To Convert To Islam If Buhari Wins Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.