Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Itchy Eyes (optician In The House) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itchy Eyes (optician In The House) (6587 Views)

Chronic Watery & Itchy Eyes: Please I Need Help From An Eye Doctor. / ::::Please Any Ophthalmologist / Optician In The House? Pls Help! / Itchy Nipples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itchy Eyes (optician In The House) by publicview: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2009
My eyes itches alot, i have gone to an optician who recommended an eye drop Dextracin, (though recommended a bifocal eyeglass just for me to read under relative poor light condition)

i tried same (ie dextracin) and was relieved, after a year of its application the itching came back again, especially if i expose my eyes on the computer for about 2hrs.

I need a final solution.

www.101creativitytosucess..com
Re: Itchy Eyes (optician In The House) by VENUSS(f): 6:10am On Feb 17, 2009
me two ,long hours on computer,TV,smoke and dust, gives me itching.
been ask to use eye glass, but i v refuse medical advice or rather doctors orders.
we really need help .pls
Re: Itchy Eyes (optician In The House) by HealthWise(f): 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2009
Why Not Call Us Today To Speak With One Of Our Consultants

HealthWise Enquiry Help Desk

Tel: +234-(0)702-670-2399, (0)-806-303-6357

Best Regards

HealthWise Team
Re: Itchy Eyes (optician In The House) by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 18, 2009
sorry, there is a great blunder going on here. I double as a health worker (for those of you that think all i know is computer).

An opthalmologist is what you need rather than an optician. And i think it is forbidden for me to just start mentioning drugs without taking a full history of what caused the itching.

Please lookup optician and ophtalmologist on google. Opticians are just interested in giving out glasses.
But an opthalmologist is a trained doctor (in fact a consultant surgeon) who specialized in taking care of the eye. They treat, do surgery (for catarracts, occuloplasty and all that stuff) and also send you to optician when necessary.

So this thread should be changed to ophthalmologists in the house. And i even wonder if there will be any properly trained one reading this thread. Those folks are usually very very busy, with full clinics and all that.

Anyway, dont bother to call me or chat with me on this matters - not my favorite area. I am more of a programmer than a health worker.
Re: Itchy Eyes (optician In The House) by ikennahill: 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2009
well the old name for eye dr is optician,this iclude the modern optometrists,ophalmologists,optician
Optometrists are Doctors, they see you first check you and refer you to the ophalmologist if u need surgrey, care must be taken here some people do 18months pgd on the eye and claim thay are opthalmologists,they are not,pgd in law does not make one a lawyer,so the ophalmologist do the surgery and might still send u back the the optometrist after cataract surgery, optician fit lenses to frame on the instruction of tghe optometrist, you need to see an optometrist first, if it is allergic conjuctivitis,the optometrists will treat you or other minor problem.

(1) (Reply)

Sacked Lagos State Doctors Head To Court / 12 Functions Of Mineral Salts / Double Plus Products And How Quantum Products Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.