Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? (3589 Views)

Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Daughter's White Wedding Today (Photos) / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? by salvatore007(m): 2:00pm On May 31, 2015
Happy sunday.... Was at bible study today and a question was asked if white wedding was biblical and what its true meaning was....

The church went agog with answers, sum saying it was borrowed, others saying its not in the bible.

Long story short, the pastor answered by saying he knows only three types of marriages namely ; Traditional marriage, Court marriage and Church marriage....

So dear nairalanders what is white wedding and is it biblical?...

CC: lalasticlala
Re: What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? by Sharksblow(m): 2:05pm On May 31, 2015
I don't think it's biblical
Re: What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? by ginawest(f): 2:09pm On May 31, 2015
to me,i tink white wedding z d same as church wedding....I tink d idea of wearing white z because white symbolises purity
Re: What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? by NumberOne2(m): 2:15pm On May 31, 2015
According to the bible, marriage is the Joining of an MAN and a WOMAN (should not include homosexuals).

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. - Genesis 2:24

Different cultures have how they go about it.
Some in court, some wear white gowns and tux (white wedding), some wear traditional attire (traditional wedding).
Its all boils down to the same thing, a man leaving his father and mother and joining to his wife.

So wear a white gown, wear a suit, sign in court or wear bikini and swim suits in the beach, it just a CELEBRATION of the JOINING of man and woman.
Re: What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? by Truth24(m): 2:15pm On May 31, 2015
ginawest:
to me,i tink white wedding z d same as church wedding....I tink d idea of wearing white z because white symbolises purity
So na only d bride dey purified abi?
Re: What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? by salvatore007(m): 2:37pm On May 31, 2015
ginawest:

Some catholic churches dont allow pregnant ladies to wear white... does that mean dey re not pure?

(1) (Reply)

Can The Creator "Judge" The Created / Why I Left Islam [my Story] / God, Creation and Miracles or Evolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.