Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) (38146 Views)

Rccg Sunday School Manual, Sunday 7th May,2017 / Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name / A Teenager's Response To A Sunday School Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by tyosty: 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
Adam had daughters who married their brothers This was before the law that prohibited such practices

2 Likes

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by valmunich(m): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
ginawest:
lolz...Dont question the bible

ibeloson2002:
The secret things belong unto the LORD our God:
but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,
that we may do all the words of this law.
...Deuteronomy 29:29
ginawest:

Really

This is why development will continue to elude us undecided

Till we start producing a thinking and questioning public...undecided

2 Likes

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by peeparty(m): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

Easy. Even Atheists and Muslims know the answer to this.

The bible rearly documents women. Except for a few like Eve, Rahab, Ruth (Go check generations of Jesus in Matthew and Luke).
If not for the issues Dinah (Jacobs daughter had), no one will probably know Jacob has a daughter. Methuselah lived longest in the Bible at 969 years but we do not know his mother.

To your question:
Adam and Eve had another son named Seth. So who did Seth marry?
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: - Genesis 5:4

So how many daughters of Adam do you know were mentioned in the Bible?
Is it so hard to see that Cain married his sister? A sister that was not documented at the time of Cain and Abel.
Yeah, you may call it incest but at the time it was common practice. Men did not know better.

Even, a son of Jacob (Reuben) slept with his father concubine.
And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it... - Genesis 35:22

It was later that God gave a law against it to the Israelites:
None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the LORD. - Leviticus 18:6
The the list continue to vs 22 and 23 where God speaks against Homosexuals and sex with Animals.

Even with the laws, there are still cultures around the world that still practice it. It is frowned upon in Nigeria/Africa.
See how it applies globally: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest
op am sure this answer is enough right?
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by CY09: 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by eleko1: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
sad The ansa is in deep.search and U'll find/see it'those who seek find' Vickyrotex Iya Kerubu,come ansa cool
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by mcfynest(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
Will it be ok if it was said that ADAM AND EVE WERE NOT HUMAN BUT NATIONS? undecided
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
omanifrank:
[center][img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Sunday-School.jpg[/img][/center]

Someone sent this question to my mail, so i decided to share with the Christian People on .

Read Question Below:-

when Adam and Eve born Cain and Abel, as at that time there were only 4 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel).

Bible said, Cain killed Abel and was cursed by God. now it was left with only 3 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain)

Now according to d bible, Cain traveled to a town called Nod and married and gave children with her.

Now my question is, which other human did Cain marry?

Cc. ishilove Lalasticlala

Make Una answer this question Oh.

They weren't only four. Adam gave birth to other sons and daughters (Gen. 5:4)
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
englishmart:
google go strike?

Honestly, I wonder why people wouldn't do a simple google search instead of posting all of their questions on here.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by 9jatatafo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
How old was Cain when he got married OP? Because men then could get married at 100 years or so. God provided him a woman, don't go beyond what the Bible said.

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by ZYZZA: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
[quote author=NumberOne2 post=34297463]mehn you are good

Best answer ever

1000 likes for you
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by seedsower(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Cain fled with one of his sisters.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by samintegrity(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2015
omanifrank:
[center][img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Sunday-School.jpg[/img][/center]

Someone sent this question to my mail, so i decided to share with the Christian People on .

when Adam and Eve born Cain and Abel, as at that time there were only 4 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel).

Bible said, Cain killed Abel and was cursed by God. now it was left with only 3 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain)

Now according to d bible, Cain traveled to a town called Nod and married and gave children with her.

Same question i asked mysef 4 yrs buh den i stopped disturbing myself abt it wen no one as an answer to it..
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by vacanci: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
M4gunners:
Oboy me don do maths tire for here, to my conclusion either Cain did with her Mum or with her Sister. God forgive me oo.

Cain is a man. Which one be her mum or her sister
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by pastorgodswillm(m): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
A CAREFUL STUDY OF GENESIS 4 REVEALS THAT CAIN MARRIED HIS OWN SIS.

IT IS RECORDED ThAT AFTER THE BIRTH OF CAIN AND ABEL, ADAM AND EVE GAVE BIRTH 2OTHER SONS AND DAUGHTERS 4RM WHERE CAIN GOT MARRIED.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by M4gunners: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
vacanci:

Cain is a man. Which one be her mum or her sister
Eve is also a Man or are you a learner?
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Jonwesley(m): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
ginawest:

Follower of every Nairalander!!!!
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by chizidgreat(m): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
[quote author=peeparty post=34522084] guy you are right
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Bonapart(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

The bible rearly documents women. Except for a few like Eve, Rahab, Ruth (Go check generations of Jesus in Matthew and Luke).
If not for the issues Dinah (Jacobs daughter had), no one will probably know Jacob has a daughter. Methuselah lived longest in the Bible at 969 years but we do not know his mother.

To your question:
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: - Genesis 5:4

Is it so hard to see that Cain married his sister? A sister that was not documented at the time of Cain and Abel.
Yeah, you may call it incest but at the time it was common practice. Men did not know better.

And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it... - Genesis 35:22

None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the LORD. - Leviticus 18:6
The the list continue to vs 22 and 23 where God speaks against Homosexuals and sex with Animals.

Even with the laws, there are still cultures around the world that still practice it. It is frowned upon in Nigeria/Africa.
may your oil flow forever...
You're bless

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by deejayALFY(m): 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
D BIBLE SHOULD NOT B UNDERSTOOD WIT D HUMAN UNDERSTANDIN...IT IS SPIRITUAL. ADAM N CO WERE NT D ONLY PEOPLE GOD CREATED AT DAT TYM, D STORY IS ALEGORY. CLICK LIKE IF U CONCUR WIT ME....SHARE IF U LOVE D CREATOR
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by hijodedios: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
nothing much to add,you have answered well,may God bless you.
NumberOne2:

To your question:

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by mekstaniac(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
I think he went with his sister
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
Angels
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by ifyemex(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
Now stop going to sunday school again!
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by phibah: 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2015
ibeloson2002:
The secret things belong unto the LORD our God:
but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,
that we may do all the words of this law.
...Deuteronomy 29:29

Guam!
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Realone92(m): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thanks for the question I have deep tot for the question for long " couldn't comprehend that fact
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by malvisguy212: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
omanifrank:

someone ask this same question today and I answered it;

The assumption seems to be that Cain
and Abel were the first two children of
Adam and Eve. Although Cain does seem
to be the firstborn, the text is not clear
that Abel was the second born, but only
that he was the second son. Later, the
narrative indicates that Adam and Eve
produced "other sons and daughters."
So, it is possible that Adam and Eve
produced daughters between the births
of Cain and Abel. It is also likely that
others sons and daughters were
produced after the birth of Abel. We
don't know how old Cain and Abel were
when Cain murdered his brother, but
they seem to be at least young adults,
since they are both engage in a trade for
their living. The second thing one
notices is Cain's seeming paranoia about
being found and revenge being taken
against his for killing Abel. The only way
this makes sense is if the brothers and
sisters of Abel were upset that Cain had
killed their brother. Although the period
of time between the birth of Cain and
the death of Abel is not given in the
Bible, it would seem that this period was
probably over 100 years, since the birth
of Adam's next son, Seth is said to have
occurred when Adam was 130 years old.
Adam and Eve could have produced
many daughters during that period of
time.
So, the Genesis narrative suggests that
Cain had other brothers and sisters when
he was exiled by God. One of those
sisters married Cain (or more likely had
already been married to Cain when he
killed his brother), became pregnant and
gave birth to Enoch somewhere east of
Eden.
Many people will say Cain practice
Inbreeding.However, all of these events
happened before the law was given.
According to the Apostle Paul, when
there is no law, there can be no violation
of the law or sin. So, since the
law against Inbreeding was not given
until
thousands of years later, there was no
theological problem with Cain marrying
his sister.
for the Law brings about wrath,
but where there is no law, there
also is no violation. ( Romans 4:15)
After man became to loose the perfection
in them which causes man to die below
200,God notice the genetic defeat in man
and He command Moses to number
isreal and after that he set the law of
Inbreeding:
Leviticus 18:6-18
"'No one is to approach any close
relative to have sexual relations. I
am the LORD. Do not dishonor
your father by having sexual
relations with your mother. She is
your mother; do not have
relations with her. Do not have
sexual relations with your father's
wife; that would dishonor your
father. Do not have sexual
relations with your sister, either
your father's daughter or your
mother's daughter, whether she
was born in the same home or
elsewhere. Do not have sexual
relations with your son's daughter
or your daughter's daughter; that
would dishonor you. Do not have
sexual relations with the
daughter of your father's wife,
born to your father; she is your
sister. Do not have sexual
relations with your father's sister;
she is your father's close relative.
Do not have sexual relations with
your mother's sister, because she
is your mother's close relative. Do
not dishonor your father's
brother by approaching his wife
to have sexual relations; she is
your aunt. Do not have sexual
relations with your daughter-in-
law. She is your son's wife; do not
have relations with her. Do not
have sexual relations with your
brother's wife; that would
dishonor your brother. Do not
have sexual relations with both a
woman and her daughter. Do not
have sexual relations with either
her son's daughter or her
daughter's daughter; they are her
close relatives. That is
wickedness. Do not take your
wife's sister as a rival wife and
have sexual relations with her
while your wife is
living.'"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by danthamccoy(m): 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

To your question:

So you're saying there was at least one whole town (most likely more) full of Cain's sisters, nephews and nieces? Must have taken genetations of inbreeding don't you think?
And it's not just Nod either. Cain told God he was scared he would meet someone who would kill him. Also his brother/nephew/great nephew? Forgive me, I just don't see it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
omanifrank:

iits Simple na, iif uu need ansa sharp sharp just commit suicide n ask ur creator up there! angry

Isaiah Chapter 55

8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by successking401(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

To your question:

u nailed it.thumbs up for u.

1 Like

Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by Sveen: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2348485/where-pastors-evangelist-provide-answer

Lalasticlala, ishilove. I created this same topic weeks ago and I tagged the both of you. I thought it's not front page worthy when you guys didn't move it. Seeing it on FP now is really dishearting cos I'm pretty sure the op copied it from here.
Re: Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) by folks4luv(f): 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
God said he will make Cain a wanderer as a punishment for his sin, Cain complained someone may see him and kill him, now who was Cain afraid of since they were just 3 on d earth and he will b going to a distant land?
d answers to these questions are not far fetched, but we first must understand that d bible was not written in these generation neither was it written by a Nigerian. back then, people lived really long, not like today where we celebrate it where it so unusual to see someone clock 150 years. the bible did not specify the time Cain got married, so it couldn't have been immediately, plus he was a cursed wanderer, so he couldn't have married immediately he left the presence of God. so he married his Sis

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Michael Job: I Am Still In Kenya, Wasn't Deported - 'Jesus’ Fires Back At Trolls / Sierra Leone Mudslide: Oydepo Visits Sierra Leone President,Give Them Foodstuffs / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.