Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:33 PM

Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? (1345 Views)

In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? / Is It Ok For Ladies To Carry Condoms In Their Bags? / 8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Arami92: 5:04pm On May 31, 2015
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by guente02(m): 5:05pm On May 31, 2015
Yes you should.
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Fairgodwin(m): 5:06pm On May 31, 2015
huh? Don't cut him off but just leave him be.
He could just be calling you those pet names just to make you know you're equally special (whether to him or not).
And there's no big deal in being friends or even best friends with someone in a relationship. My closest friend (for now) is a lady, and in a very serious relationship, though I'm single - yet I respect her and her relationship and her man equally respects me. No strings attached, not friends with benefits, but pure friendship based on mutual respect and understanding - agape love if you like [to call it].
And my dear, she does call me pet names at times too.
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by VickJames(m): 5:07pm On May 31, 2015
I think you know the answer before asking
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 31, 2015
He 'professes his love for you'' and he has a gf??...am I the only one confused here
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by snadguy007(m): 5:09pm On May 31, 2015
Why cut him off? Since his relationship is not threatening your friendship....or maybe you are expecting something from him.
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by ginawest(f): 5:10pm On May 31, 2015
u Dont nid anybody to tell u to cut im off.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by dharay99: 5:10pm On May 31, 2015
Arami92:
He texts you all the time, calls you pet names, professes his love for you....but refuses to say a word about his relationship?

Should you cut this man out of your life, or let him be
IFA to d rescue...

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by agarawu23(m): 5:15pm On May 31, 2015
Arami92:
He texts you all the time, calls you pet names, professes his love for you....but refuses to say a word about his relationship?

Should you cut this man out of your life, or let him be
are you 100% sure he is in a relationship? if yes!, move on with your life before it's too late

if no, give him some signs if you know you are interested in him. he might just be too shy to ask you out okay ?
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 31, 2015
agarawu23:
are you 100% sure he is in a relationship? if yes!, move on with your life before it's too late

if no, give him some signs if you know you are interested in him. he might just be too shy to ask you out okay ?

Oga u no see the heading ni
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by agarawu23(m): 5:20pm On May 31, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Oga u no see the heading ni
I saw the heading but in her write up, there is nothing like such.
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 31, 2015
agarawu23:
I saw the heading but in her write up, there is nothing like such.

Still doesn't make sense
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by agarawu23(m): 5:26pm On May 31, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Still doesn't make sense
I checked the op's profile just now, and I doubt her story is true. check it yourself .
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 31, 2015
agarawu23:
I checked the op's profile just now, and I doubt her story is true. check it yourself .

I just did.....why do you doubt her tho? cheesy
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by agarawu23(m): 5:29pm On May 31, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

I just did.....why do you doubt her tho? cheesy
time registered, profile pics , first thread and second thread grin

reason together with me and you will get it grin
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 31, 2015
agarawu23:
time registered, profile pics , first thread and second thread grin

reason together with me and you will get it grin

I just wanted to hear from you grin....the heading and story gave her away
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 31, 2015
Hmmm undecided
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by agarawu23(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

I just wanted to hear from you grin....the heading and story gave her away
grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Arami92: 6:05pm On May 31, 2015
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by Arami92: 6:07pm On May 31, 2015
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by missKiffy(f): 6:21pm On May 31, 2015
Cut him off, he wants to make you his side chick, maybe he tot you don't know he has a boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by suzzy16(f): 11:37pm On May 31, 2015
Fairgodwin:
huh? Don't cut him off but just leave him be.
He could just be calling you those pet names just to make you know you're equally special (whether to him or not).
And there's no big deal in being friends or even best friends with someone in a relationship. My closest friend (for now) is a lady, and in a very serious relationship, though I'm single - yet I respect her and her relationship and her man equally respects me. No strings attached, not friends with benefits, but pure friendship based on mutual respect and understanding - agape love if you like [to call it].
And my dear, she does call me pet names at times too.
nope,it isn't true,d man will feel jealous,bt maybe he is trying nt to show how he is feeling
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by suzzy16(f): 11:39pm On May 31, 2015
SarahBabyxx:
He 'professes his love for you'' and he has a gf??...am I the only one confused here
he just want to sleep with her and dump her,and get back serious with his girlfriend,pretending nothing happen,dats how guys behave for u
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by MRBrownJ: 11:40pm On May 31, 2015
Arami92:

My story is true, I come on here a lot but just decided to make an account. He lives in another city and is planning to come visit me, he says he will then sit down and fully explain everything to me...he makes it seem like there is something more he is not telling me. I don't know if i should be even patient enough to give him a chance to explain because what could there possibly be for him to say?!

i've made it clear theres no chance of things progressing with us while he is in a relationship and he respects it but still insist on contacting me, calling me all kinds of pet names, and just seeming like he wants more. I find it very confusing and i wonder if i'm just being silly. I am young (22) and he is 30...sometimes these older guys just try and deceive you because they see your innocence are naivety.

hhmmm what about asking him?! is that so wrong to do? the fact that you told him that there is no chance that anything will "progress" is wrong becaus e that means you are even considering his foolish proposal, while you shouldnt. put yourself in that other woman's shoes. the fact that he is even talking to you in such a way is WRONG. would you be happy if your man talked to another gal like that?!

simply ask/tell this fool the following:" i am surprised that you continue calling me all these pet names etc because you do have a gf. how do you expect me to even value you when you disrespect another woman like that in my presence? if i was foolish enough to be with you, what you do now is exactly what you will do to me when you get tired of me... so instead of wasting your time trying to be smart, do us all a favor and ACT RIGHT so that some women in the future will have chances to value your sorry cheating self."

unless you want your man to treat you in such a way, you have no business talking to him, the minute he talked about r/ship, was the minute you should have put him back at his place, NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by suzzy16(f): 11:44pm On May 31, 2015
Arami92:

My story is true, I come on here a lot but just decided to make an account. He lives in another city and is planning to come visit me, he says he will then sit down and fully explain everything to me...he makes it seem like there is something more he is not telling me. I don't know if i should be even patient enough to give him a chance to explain because what could there possibly be for him to say?!

i've made it clear theres no chance of things progressing with us while he is in a relationship and he respects it but still insist on contacting me, calling me all kinds of pet names, and just seeming like he wants more. I find it very confusing and i wonder if i'm just being silly. I am young (22) and he is 30...sometimes these older guys just try and deceive you because they see your innocence are naivety.
sorry,he just want to sleep with u and dump u,nothing else
Re: Is It Ok To Be "Friends" With A Guy That Has A Gf? by phpNET(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
here it all depends on the kind of friendship the guy is seeking for and mind the kind of girl he is dating.

how will she understand the whole thing and does she feel secured with the guy when you are around?

more so, the guy might later come to you in a different way so be very careful else you get yourself hurt.

(1) (Reply)

One Phone Call, Two Listeners: Jealous Lovers’ New Craze For Phone Hacking / 10 Rules Of A Jealous Boyfriend / Pregnancy~ The Latest Trend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.