Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

10 Cars You Should Never Own - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Cars You Should Never Own (6376 Views)

7 Cars You Can’t Afford Even With Monthly N5m Savings For 5 Years / 10 Cars That Have Other Names In Other Countries / Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by nnamdibig(m): 9:31am On Jun 02, 2015
merbenko:
oh my God what a speed and fuel consumption

No vehicle consumes more than Bugatti
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by amnesty7: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
ivoryhouse:

How bad is Opel vectra B? Can you get some facts for us?
From my seven month experience with the car I had a lot of issues, especially cutting of the timing belt and lots of Engine oil leakages from oil seals. Because of that problem i had to change the engine. Actually i was strongly advised not to buy it but i was too infatuated to heed the advice. A cousin had it and regretted. So a couple of people i know. I don't have any theoretical fact.
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by ivoryhouse(m): 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
amnesty7:

From my seven month experience with the car I had a lot of issues, especially cutting of the timing belt and lots of Engine oil leakages from oil seals. Because of that problem i had to change the engine. Actually i was strongly advised not to buy it but i was too infatuated to heed the advice. A cousin had it and regretted. So a couple of people i know. I don't have any theoretical fact.
can more people share their experience with this car?
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by DaimlerBen(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
ivoryhouse:
9: Mercedes Benz 600 Grosser

When people talk about how comfortable a Mercedes can be, this is the car they are referring to. The car is an icon of what
Mercedes is and was. However, they are not without their issues. For example, the hydraulic window switches are $11,500.00
to replace when they break. Additionally, just about everything in the car is hydraulic, and equally expensive.

Check out Jeremy's bill of service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GFNxvauy28&itct=CCQQpDAYACITCJH5r4f2gsYCFUbdHAodcDYApjIIZXBpc29kaWNI1b76oe3Zsqhp&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB&gl=US
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by ivoryhouse(m): 4:22am On Jun 10, 2015
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by radautoworks: 6:25am On Aug 11, 2018
Readonee35L:

i think does list are when you decide to do the maintenance from the company..
tyre 40,000 why i no go nack continental tyre of 500$ put for the leg

Go sit in the corner
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by radautoworks: 6:26am On Aug 11, 2018

No, na from dragon saliva dem dey refine d oyiel comot from.

It's because they have to take apart the car just to change the oil
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by ivoryhouse(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2018
radautoworks:

It's because they have to take apart the car just to change the oil
The dragon saliva bit got me LOL grin grin grin grin
This thread is 4years old.. grin
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by ivoryhouse(m): 10:33am On Aug 11, 2018
Does anyone have cars he feels people should not own?
My neighbor bought Volkswagen bug for sale..wait for it..4years ago..the day I saw it, i shook my head and smiled..it's been parked, waiting for a buyer ever since..some guy paid some money as part payment for it and also abandoned it..
Does anyone have a personal experience with the beetle bug? Not the old school beetle of the 60's-80's but the new bug, do share your experience..
User experience from sites like edmunds.com hasn't been great especially for the early 'new' generation..I think I will take it off my neighbors hands at a great bargain, does anyone have personal experience with the early 'new'generation?
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by RightWayauto: 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hello our dear prospective client for your car issue problems and services kindly endeavour to contact us for a computerised diagnosis Head officeNo4 bode kumapayi street iworoad Ibadan Oyo state @Right Way automobile contact. The Director Mr Ayoola Afolabi:08111275719

Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by nurey(m): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2018
ivoryhouse:
My neighbor bought Volkswagen bug for sale..wait for it..4years ago..the day I saw it, i shook my head and smiled..it's been parked, waiting for a buyer ever since..some guy paid some money as part payment for it and also abandoned it..
Does anyone have a personal experience with the beetle bug? Not the old school beetle of the 60's-80's but the new bug, do share your experience..
User experience from sites like edmunds.com hasn't been great especially for the early 'new' generation..I think I will take it off my neighbors hands at a great bargain, does anyone have personal experience with the early 'new'generation?

the vehicle has serious electrical issues, like windows, headlamp etc. Now the bone of contention is the engine is same as golf 4, that aluminium engine doesn't like an iota of abuse, if the engine electrical has been worked on, I advice you don't pay much for it cause reversal most times isn't feasible.

The diesel version would be great just most diesel for sale are tokunbo. you are a car enthusiast but budget like 100-150k for confirm repair of the car
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by radautoworks: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
ivoryhouse:

The dragon saliva bit got me LOL grin grin grin grin
This thread is 4years old.. grin

That's why I couldn't resist either
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by radautoworks: 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Get it since you know about cars
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by Bjornson01(m): 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
ivoryhouse:
9: Mercedes Benz 600 Grosser

When people talk about how comfortable a Mercedes can be, this is the car they are referring to. The car is an icon of what
Mercedes is and was. However, they are not without their issues. For example, the hydraulic window switches are $11,500.00
to replace when they break. Additionally, just about everything in the car is hydraulic, and equally expensive.
This was the most over engineered Benz of the 60's it cranked out 300hp but only 250hp was usable as the remaining 50hp was used to power the hydraulic and convenience systems although 300hp was the marque for most luxury sendans of that era. Notable owners of the 600 grosser spaned from monarch's to dictators all over the world, at least Mao Tse-tsung had 15 of this I think, the Sultan of Brunei and the Shah of Iran had special landaulet editions , Jay Leno also has a specially tuned 600 Kompressor with 500hp......Bruno Sacco is indeed a genius designer.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by ivoryhouse(m): 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
radautoworks:

Get it since you know about cars
Thanks. I had a taste of your Jamican cuisine, mehn! Guys, if you haven't had a taste of the jamaican cuisine, and their slush, you haven't been on Nairaland cartalk section grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by ivoryhouse(m): 10:58am On Aug 12, 2018
nurey:

the vehicle has serious electrical issues, like windows, headlamp etc. Now the bone of contention is the engine is same as golf 4, that aluminium engine doesn't like an iota of abuse, if the engine electrical has been worked on, I advice you don't pay much for it cause reversal most times isn't feasible.

The diesel version would be great just most diesel for sale are tokunbo. you are a car enthusiast but budget like 100-150k for confirm repair of the car
Thanks for the headsup..i actually have sentimental attachments to the bug..i used one in the university and i had so much fun with it..

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by radautoworks: 8:55am On Aug 14, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Thanks for the headsup..i actually have sentimental attachments to the bug..i used one in the university and i had so much fun with it..

I have sentimental value attached to it too. For a car guy,is not a hard car to have and fun to trick out if you want
Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by ivoryhouse(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
radautoworks:

I have sentimental value attached to it too. For a car guy,is not a hard car to have and fun to trick out if you want

Quite true!the thing is, I have my eyes on this beautiful and well abused (the body is in good condition though) Wrangler TJ from the 90's so I'm not sure I want to touch the bug until i bring this wrangler limited home grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cars You Should Never Own by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
Haha...interesting list grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? / Negative Fuel Trim / Our Staffs Are Still Intact INNOSON Motors. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.