Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (17539 Views)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / Zenith Bank And Mortgage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2009
So you want to purchase that land or property and its within your budget but you are afraid of dealing with the agents, property developers, mortgagors or omoniles in respect of getting:

1. A  good deal financially within the budget?

2. Whether the land or property is free from government wahala or omonile wahala?

3. Whether the documents presented to you such as the survey plan or deed of assignment or better still the C/o are fake or government certified?

4. Whether the omoniles will still disturb you after you pay and you want to start building?

Well your problems are solved because i will handle it for you 100%. From Alausa down to the final signature transferring property to you. All you need to do is sit down, pick the land or property of your choice after negotiating with the agent or, probably visit it yourself to ascertain its location and desirability and leave the rest for me.

Things i will do immediately for you include:

1. If the documents are not corresponding with those in Alausa or the law, i will advise you promptly to abandon it.

2. If the property is Over Priced, i will either re-negotiate it to a reasonable standard Industry price or advise you to look else where. (Land boku for Lagos & Ogun)

3. If the omonile’s are being too worrisome, i will either handle them accordingly or advise you to abandon it.

4. I will track the current owners to heaven to ascertain who truely owns the property and whether they have the capacity and legal right to sell.

In short i will help you purchase your property with ease and most especially stand 100% against any legal wahala that might arise in future either from an adverse claimant who wants to claim possession against your property and lay claim to it or any corresponding document showing otherwise.

If the property has even the slightest defect whatsoever after doing a search, i will abandon the whole thing and you don’t have to pay a dime to me because case closed. You move on.

Generally these are the ways i conduct my Searches and Research on any Property before i give you a go ahead to pay:

FOR LAND AND PROPERTIES

1. Personal Investigation and Inspection of the Land or Property Physically and Value its worth. (Free)

2. Engage in Price Negotiations and Agency Commission Negotiations (Free)

3. Search the land Registry to see if any of the documents correlate e.g the C/o (Pay the required government Search fees)

4. Search the Courts to see if there is any outstanding litigation or Injunction on that property (Pay the required Court fees)

5. Obtain Certified True copies of the Documents From Alausa to show whether it truely exists or not ( Pay the required Certified true copies fees stamped and delievered)

6. Search at the Surveyor General's Office for the red copy of the Survey plan if it actually exists there (Pay the fees for charting and search)

7. Check at Alausa / Surveyor Generals office whether the property is under government acquisition or not and pay for charting fees

8. Vetting of the Contract of sale (This Contract for sale is an agreement stating that the buyer is interested in the property pending the final result of the investigations of the Property and i will go through it line by line to know whether it favours you or not) 

9. Meeting the Traditional Family (OMO NILE) to determine the history of the property, Knowing the requisite community Development fees and drafting a ratification agreement i necessary. (free but the omoniles are usually settled to make you enjoy that place quietly)

10. Drafting the deed of assignment and stamping it for assessment (Negotiable)

FOR MORTGAGES ( MOWE/IBAFO/ OFADA/LEKKI):

1.Getting the information from the Real Estate Developers Directly whether the Traditional Family that sold the lands to them is free from defect or encumberance

2. Getting the information from the Real Estate Developer whether the land has a Global C/O and if not, what documents do they have to show that there is a pending application before the Land Registry that they intend to get a Global C/O 

3. Investigate whether the land is free from Government Acquisition or not and whether it has been gazetted or not.

4. Obtain information about the amenities Promised such as water, borehole, roads, security and light and any other aforesaid promises made

5. Check whether your mortgage payment would be steady or not and if there are plans to increase your mortgage payment along the way.

6. Check the sale of Contract Form and see if it corresponds with what they have preached and marketed to you and vet the deed of assignment and survey plan before you sign.

All jobs and searches will be done before a fee is paid except  Statutory fees that should be paid to the government or omonile’s in advance! In short i get paid after a job is done stage by stage and not before.

So relax, liaise and negotiate with your favourite agent and when your done, give me a shout out to take it up from there!

Final warning: Never ever Rush a property sale even though the Agents are on your neck. Its your life and children’s life your toying with if not done properly and patiently!

If you have any questions, comments or queries you can mail me at barrister_matto@yahoo.com or call 08077943514 or 07036681104

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by astar2008(m): 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2009
Mr Lawyer
how do we get in contact with you if i require your services.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 1:01am On Feb 18, 2009
Hi Astar2008

My email and phone number is listed under my signature.

Cheers!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2009
Barrister is doing a very good job, May God Bless you.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by sonety2k(m): 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2009
Mr Lawyer pls continue the good work

Thanks
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Carlosein(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2009
de law, keep up the good work.

i have a question: how does one keep omoniles from harrassing landowners during the course of erecting structures?
is there any legal way of preventing this?
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2009
If your buying property from a traditional family or omonile as they are called, its almost impossible to stop them. But there is a way i do it. After negotiating for the land on your behalf and they tell me their price and we come to a conclusion, we factor the price the omoniles are demanding and add it to the purchase price and commit them to sign as witness to the deed of assignment. That commitment irrevocably places a burden on them and their assignees to leave you alone when you are erecting structures and if you intend to sell that property to another person i future. Usually it could be in another form of agreement called a deed of ratification to be signed and honored by them that they ratified this sale in exchange for so so so amount of Naira and your home and dry.

It s a tough process which requires skill and knowledge of the modus operandi of the omoniles of that community but once it is in a paper form, they are finally hooked and commited. It is a problem that occurs in most communities that are being controled by omoniles and you cant find such in civilized areas.

Cheers!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by caveat: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2009
lawyer:

If your buying property from a traditional family or omonile as they are called, its almost impossible to stop them. But there is a way i do it. After negotiating for the land on your behalf and they tell me their price and we come to a conclusion, we factor the price the omoniles are demanding and add it to the purchase price and commit them to sign as witness to the deed of assignment. That commitment irrevocably places a burden on them and their assignees to leave you alone when you are erecting structures and if you intend to sell that property to another person i future. Usually it could be in another form of agreement called a deed of ratification to be signed and honored by them that they ratified this sale in exchange for so so so amount of Naira and your home and dry.

It s a tough process which requires skill and knowledge of the modus operandi of the omoniles of that community but once it is in a paper form, they are finally hooked and commited. It is a problem that occurs in most communities that are being controled by omoniles and you cant find such in civilized areas.

Cheers!

good one lawyer.
but in real terms, this is a documentary solution that can only be effective with judicial assistance.but these omoniles are so crude and very far from the civil and developed society to understand the implications of documentary evidence.

adding to your postulation which is in fact not materially different from what i do, i would further advise that the purchaser must be ready to start erecting structures immediately.this is the only way you can effectively keep the omoniles at bare.

if you don't, then be ready to renegotiate, or reach out for judicial assistance.

Caveat emptor
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by ud4u: 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2009
De Law, carry go God bless you my brother.

Cheers.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Tafugo: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2009
Its a pity i stumbled on this forum late i would have been better informed to deal with the AGENTS.you guys should take lawyers advice seriously
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by slyk2(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2009
can you do all this?
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2009
sly-k:

can you do all this?

lol

Its my job and i enjoy doing what i do best. If you ask me tomorrow to help you change your car engines, i will run away because thats not my area of expertise but property law and its resultant issues are my speciality! grin

Most of the agents that have met me personally will be in a better position to tell you how i handle landed property issues! Bottom line, No messing Around because land issues could cost somebody his life and financial future, so i dont take it lightly with anyone !
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Amiga4u(f): 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2009
@ LAWYER,i sent u an email yesterday concerning some personal issues,please get back to me,i have tried calling ur phone number several times and its not working.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by royjed: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2009
QUESTIONS
1.If I already have a fake survey plan. How do I rectify it?
2.The deeds of assignment you mentioned, is it the same thing as document
given to me upon land purchase bearing the signatures of seller of land, witnesses signatories
from the seller of the land and my side, (Infact one of the signatories is omonile,) cost of land
and dimension.
I am asking this because I want to process my C of Os.
Thank you
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by morpheus24: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2009
Nigerian Property Laws are ridiculous which is the reason why I can't risk my cash buying anything there unless I live there. especiallly Lagos.

Talking from experience
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by blacksta(m): 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2009
morpheus24:

Nigerian Property Laws are ridiculous which is the reason why I can't risk my cash buying anything there unless I live there. especiallly Lagos.

Talking from experience

I concurr- it is so important to be on ground.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2009
Property laws are what saves a buyer from impending land problems whether you like it or not. Pray that someday you dont have to be at the recieving end for not following the proper rules and guidelines for buying your property!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by seyexo: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2009
I'm interested in acquiring properties within the Ibeju-Lekki & Eleko environs but everytime I go to inspect, I usually go with my own surveyor who acquires the points electronically before helping to chart at Alausa. However, the results r always d same - UNDER GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION. I'm wondering if it's possible to assist in that area. Do u have any idea of land availabilty in dat area that has been excised by government within the Ibeju - Lekki & Eleko environs? Kindly inform. Thx.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2009
Of course they are loads of lands there free from government acquisition. All you need to do is to get your prefered location and budget and i'll hook you up with some reputable agents that ploy that axis for you to be in touch with or better still send me a private mail and we take it up from there but its commendable that you did your searches in advance to save you the future wahala that could crop up. . .Kudos

Cheers
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lapson: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2009
Lawyer, have been calling your number its seems its a wrong number, have called several times one lady usually picked the call you add me on yahoo messenger for business discussation
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by abujabooks(f): 10:24am On May 15, 2009
@Lawyer

How r u, Bro? Long time.

Keep up d G8 work!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by akman(m): 1:41pm On May 26, 2009
nice enlightenment your doin here my learned colleague, its worrisome to note dt despite all this awareness, people still go on to conclude such transactions witout d services of lawyers. I got lots of them coming for help mostly in abuja after they ve bin duped of millions of naira or government destroys dier property, at dis point they re willx to part wit wateva sum to get dier prty back, nd in most cases they ve very bad cases.

Kip it up, we kip hoping dt one day our citizenry wld realise the need to commission a lawyer to see them thro complex contracts they enter into
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by pirobaba(m): 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2009
lawyer. thx so much for the willing assistance.
i ahve also noticed your biz advice in the bizness
segment.

folks pls excuse me here. dear lawyer, i want to
know if you could assist someone in opening a
limited liability company, the cost and how long.thx
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by akman(m): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2009
salient points to consider wen proposing to set up a limited liability or any oda kinda company, what kinda business do u intend goin into, as dt wld determine the share capital of the proposed company, upon which you cld be told the fees payable to the corporate affairs commission and federal inland revenue.
dependx on wer d incorporation is commenced, it cls take two to one month if its done in the CAC and FIRS head office in abuja. wld take longer if in the states as they resort to abuja.

pirobaba:

lawyer. thx so much for the willing assistance.
i ahve also noticed your biz advice in the bizness
segment.

folks pls excuse me here. dear lawyer, i want to
know if you could assist someone in opening a
limited liability company, the cost and how long.thx
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by pirobaba(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2009
great information. thanks
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 18, 2009
Lawyer, Pls, is it advisable to start building on a land that has got only deed of assignment, Survey plan and receipt or do I wait till the CofO is out?
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by saknel: 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2009
Hello Lawyer, u are rly doing a good job here, ur write ups are rly helpful, well done, pls do u know of any reasonably priced wahala free estates selling in the lekki ajah axis,
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 2:15am On Jul 19, 2009
nobilia:

Lawyer, Pls, is it advisable to start building on a land that has got only deed of assignment, Survey plan and receipt or do I wait till the CofO is out?

Hi Nobilia,

The law states that you must have your C/o before you can get a Building plan Approval before you start building. Any other advise i give you contrary to this would be a huge violation of the legal professional ethics regulations.

Its better you mail me privately for more discussions on the issue.

Cheers!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by saknel: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2009
Lawyer, im still expecting your reply,
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2009
@saknel,

I sent you a private message on Nairaland. Didnt you get it? smiley
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by mammaj: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2009
Hi Lawyer,
That was a good post.Please would you be willing to help me sell a property in Oshodi?
17-Room Bungalow on a plot of Land.
C of O
I am the direct owner but I don't know how to go about marketing it.
Price=#15m(Asking)

Let me get your reply soon.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LET DESIGN YOUR HOUSE TO YOUR TASTE ,WHATSAPP OR CALL 08069253261. / Best Water Purification System For Homeowners And Homebuilders. / Get Admission @ Lagos State Skill Acquisition Centre Around Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.