Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,883 members, 7,798,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (17538 Views)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / Zenith Bank And Mortgage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 12:13am On Aug 01, 2009
Hi Mamma j for your kind words!

I am sorry i wont be able to help you market your property because i act soley for the buyer and i am a buyer's agent not a seller's agent, so it will be a conflict of interest to me! I will only get involved with your property if and only a buyer is interested in buying it and i have to perform due diligence on it before i give my recommendation to either buy it or forget it!

But what i can do is recommend other agents who i might think would be able to assist you in Marketing your property and i'll send u a mail of those you should contact to help you see it!

Sorry once more i couldnt be of immediate help but please do keep in touch so i can guide you on other areas in property matters you might be interested in!

Cheers!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Tmoni(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
God bless you lawyer,

You are sooooo proffessional,

When "pepper" rest, i definately know who is going to draft the deeds, contracts etc
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by mammaj: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Lawyer

Thanks a lot!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by zynzyn(m): 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
Lawyer. You're doing a good job. A friend of mine had to COMPLETELY ABANDON the piece of land he had because of Omoniles. Imagine!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2009
@ Lawyer

When it comes to mortgaged properties, I assume the Bank's lawyers do a search and all that to make sure the property they are financing has no liens or ownership drama on it. Is this assumption correct?

If my assumption is correct, then it sounds like that might be one way of avoiding the omo onile and other potential wahala when buying property i.e get the Bank to finance a portion of the payment so that they can utilise their own lawyer too to ascertain real ownership.

The other concern would be what if the Bank goes ahead to finance based on their lawyers' recommendation and it is later found that the property in question is not free and clear. I'm guessing the Bank still goes ahead and demands their periodic mortgage payments anyway, never mind that their lawyer "missed" it.

What's your take on this?
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 1:32am On Aug 16, 2009
@zynzyn
zynzyn:

Lawyer. You're doing a good job. A friend of mine had to COMPLETELY ABANDON the piece of land he had because of Omoniles. Imagine!

Eyah!

What a shame! At least in Future, he has a good friend in you he can rely on to sort out the land matters he might encounter next time!

Life goes on. We only learn from our past mistakes to provide a better future!

wwheelz:

@ Lawyer

When it comes to mortgaged properties, I assume the Bank's lawyers do a search and all that to make sure the property they are financing has no liens or ownership drama on it. Is this assumption correct?

If my assumption is correct, then it sounds like that might be one way of avoiding the omo onile and other potential wahala when buying property i.e get the Bank to finance a portion of the payment so that they can utilise their own lawyer too to ascertain real ownership.

The other concern would be what if the Bank goes ahead to finance based on their lawyers' recommendation and it is later found that the property in question is not free and clear. I'm guessing the Bank still goes ahead and demands their periodic mortgage payments anyway, never mind that their lawyer "missed" it.

What's your take on this?

Hmmm, Good Question:

Banks do search on properties that they hope to gain something from i.e extended loans and interests to their benefits and it pays them alot. In fact Most bank lawyers are not the lawyers who work in a bank. The bank lawyers outsource the search duties to private registered law firms to do the search on their behalf and its the report of that private search they use to work on the mortgage or loan details.

Now i have to confess that i dont know the intricacies involved when Banks decide to support mortgage institutions and how they verify a property is free from encumberances but what i know is that if a bank makes a mistake and doesnt do its search properly and there is a problem tomorrow, the bank is liable for beng negligent!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by wumss: 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2009
@lawyer, I sent you an e-mail but you never replied. Will you be able to take my case on??
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by wayandlife: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
Keep more of this coming because people need this informaton in Nigeria and diaspora to make the best of their money.
Sir keep the good work.

way and life concepts ltd
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Johndada(m): 4:28am On Sep 01, 2009
Sent you a mail already;

Need your advise;

Land in Magodo village between the schemes - to be sold.

Owner still lacks all docs including what he bought land with. He however gave a survey plan confirmed fake by a surveyor. Issue is survey presented includes part of another land, with a building on it. Agent says a new survey can be made with the new measurements not including the buildings and citing historic mistakes as a reason. Seems the owner has the land however from some contacts. Issue is does it look valid with this issues to still go further or I discard ASAP.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by initiate: 9:18am On Sep 02, 2009
Hi,

Please how authentic is the offer by property mart ltd for land offering at Mowe?

Thanks
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2009
Hi Initiate,

Am sorry, i am not presently in the position to verify for or against Property Mart Ltd because this is the first time i am hearing of them and if i have more info about them and where they are located and their modus operandi, it will be easier for me to do due diligence and profer my humble advice on its authenticity!

Cheers
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Nick1: 9:14am On Sep 03, 2009
What are your charges/fees? I hope there are no hidden fees Mr. Lawyer that fights omonile? On a more serious note; how far do you go in fighting omonile(s) and I hope you realized that many of them use voodoo. Do you employ voodoo tactics to counter their voodooism?
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by initiate: 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2009
Thanks Mr Lawyer

please see this link

http://www.nairalist.com/lagos/housing/1829
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by burafato: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2009
Barrister,
For more than three month i been searching for a plot of land to buy
at Ajah environs, but all the one i got through agent were government
aquisition; the one that are within the private estate are too expensive(30m,25m,18m ).
What i don't understatnd is; within these government aquisition area (e.g part of thomas estate, badore, oke ira and Ogombo) there are beautifully finished duplexes own by individual yet in Alausa is under Government aquisition.
I had a chart with one of the land lord he told me there is what they call RATIFICATION from government.

I have seen one that i like ( 6m) but am afraid b/cos of Aquisition.

Is there anything like RATIFICATION?
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 11:47pm On Sep 06, 2009
Nick1:

What are your charges/fees? I hope there are no hidden fees Mr. Lawyer that fights omonile? On a more serious note; how far do you go in fighting omonile(s) and I hope you realized that many of them use voodoo. Do you employ voodoo tactics to counter their voodooism?

ROLF!

Nick thanks for your concern. Dont worry, i have my own special way of sorting them out and it has nothing to do with violence but intelligence and high dosage of education!

Am extremely meticulous in my work and those i have worked with both on Nairaland and off Nairaland will attest to that! Ask around! wink

Finally, i dont do voodoo or Voodooism because i have no cause to encounter such people and if i do, then i know how to get around it.

Thanks for your concern though! grin Much appreciated

initiate:

Thanks Mr Lawyer

please see this link

http://www.nairalist.com/lagos/housing/1829

Hi Initiate,

Well as i said earlier. Its only a property that i have done extensive search on that i can vouch for. I wont go out of my way now to vouch for or against Mainland Gardens because i havent done my own personal back ground check and if i endorse it and something goes wrong, i will be liable for Misrepresentation and if i do endorse it and something goes wrong, i can stand and defend my self!

I dont do my searches based on face value. I go very very deep into the core of the matter before i give out my search report. I will advise you to get more info and get back to me personally and we will take it up from there.

burafato:

Barrister,
For more than three month i been searching for a plot of land to buy
at Ajah environs, but all the one i got through agent were government
aquisition; the one that are within the private estate are too expensive(30m,25m,18m ).
What i don't understatnd is; within these government aquisition area (e.g part of thomas estate, badore, oke ira and Ogombo) there are beautifully finished duplexes own by individual yet in Alausa is under Government aquisition.
I had a chart with one of the land lord he told me there is what they call RATIFICATION from government.

I have seen one that i like ( 6m) but am afraid b/cos of Aquisition.

Is there anything like RATIFICATION?

Hi burafato

Hmm your question on Ratification is an article i am working on so i wont go much into details now till i am through with it for NL Consumption. But i will get back to you personally on it to explain it.

But as a Preview. Yes there are 2 types of Ratification in Property In Lagos. The family Ratification and Alausa Ratification and before you encounter a Ratification situation, you must have done something really Wrong by not doing due diligence on that Property and your going to pay heavily for that Mistake you made for not doing a search before you bought that property.

Cheers!
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by democrazy(m): 6:11am On Sep 12, 2009
thanx 4 your good heart, I learnt something smiley
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by thirdeye(m): 1:20am On Sep 16, 2009
For those looking for lands around Lekki-Ajah axis if you have the money you can as well invest in Mayfair Gardens, it is been managed by HFP Engineering the people behind VGC so i expect the value of that place to rise in a short time.
A plot could go for 10million-18million.
Also Okun Ajah will develop soon to an enviable place.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by ajileko: 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2009
I think it will take several years for Okun ajah to develop but Mayfair Gardens will be the place to buy at this moment because of the people behind it. Okun ajah is not well managed or coordinated at the moment plus the omo onile there are notorious and aggressive.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by msserah: 10:45am On Sep 18, 2009
hi lawyer
since u seem to know quite a bit about the lekki axis, could you let me know if paying N6.0 mil for a serviced plot in awoyaya , in ibeju lekki LGA can be seen as a good deal.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by lawyer(m): 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2009
ms serah:

hi lawyer
since u seem to know quite a bit about the lekki axis, could you let me know if paying N6.0 mil for a serviced plot in awoyaya , in ibeju lekki LGA can be seen as a good deal.

Hi Ms Serah,

Before i answer your question, i would love to know what you define as a service plot before i give you my own frank opinion in respect of the valuation!

Cheers
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by aakinrimi: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2009
lawyer, could u pls advise me on factors to watch out for to when buyinng into a new estate in lekki, as i do not want to get defrauded of my hard earned money.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by james1(m): 11:32am On Sep 28, 2009
Hey lawyer.
That was, and is good.
Keep at it.
Take care.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by flexxy(m): 4:33am On Sep 29, 2009
Lawyer, great job well done. Please link me with will your clients, i am into building construction. we will design and build for your clients without whahala. you can mail me, felcarrena@yahoo.com or call 08037540466,07026892440. guys with land can call too, to enable us have a chat one on one.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by flexxy(m): 4:42am On Sep 29, 2009
burafo, why not come down after sangotedo, land with government consent cost about .7m - 2m. call 08037540466.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by candylips(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2009
i am subscribing to this thread. thanks lawyer for your posts
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by franko2: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2009
flexxy, where is it, after sangotedo? Am curious and maybe interested
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by akym(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2009
Lawyer keep on the Great Work.
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by franko2: 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
Does anyone know anything about the Obanikoro/Oke Ira scheme of LASG? is it still LIVE?
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by oakhill: 5:54am On Oct 24, 2009
Anyone have any information on COVENTARY ESTATE ALONG LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESSWAY?
Deal or No Deal?
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by iz2much: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2009
i want to sell our house in Ajah. 5 bedroom bungalow anybdy interested? 40m asking price
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 25, 2009
lawyer. i have a half plot of land at igbehin adun bustop close to sabow ojodu with 14 rooms on it currently been used to run a school.
docs on it is survey, deed of assignment duly stamped and receipt. price is 10m,

can u link me up with buyers,

asap,
email is sammyolan@yahoo.com or call 08052279694
Re: From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! by vibrant: 11:19am On Oct 27, 2009
hi lawyer,could you help me out with information on ikorodu GRA111.is the place habitable now or in the next 1 yr.can one start construction on site and how far is the place to ikororodu r/about and the island.i would appreciate your response.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nuvie Global Services Int Ltd. BRAITWAITHE GRP TANKS EXPERTS / Get Admission @ Lagos State Skill Acquisition Centre Around Lagos / Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.