Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,455 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:42 PM

Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? (17900 Views)

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Greatpeter(m): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2005
Dangerous twins.
Ti Oluwa N'ile.
Esin Ajoji.
The kids are angry.
Apoti eri

These movies are exception.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by layi(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2005
@GP
R you a Mount Zion freak ?
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2005
I just saw the games women play, it was not so bad. Loved it!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by kellorah: 9:22am On Aug 31, 2005
[s]lmao@ layi and GP...hehehehehehehehehehe[/s]
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by IAH(f): 9:24am On Aug 31, 2005
Actually I like Mount Zion films too especially Apoti Eri.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by kellorah: 9:30am On Aug 31, 2005
i enjoyed ''story of my life'' and ''storms of life''....and there were loadza odas as well....but wot i hated most was d way their ''devils'' appeared and disappeared...and wot they wore and how they were....but well...they tried.

n e mount zion church goer in da house??/
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2005
Enemy of my soul is one of their best movie
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by WesleyanA(f): 12:44am On Sep 01, 2005
i watched that movie apotieri. cheesy
that kid knows his yoruba.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by nike4luv(f): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2005
yea..apotieri oluwa ma ni..omo to luwa fi funmi
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2005
WesleyanA:

i watched that movie apotieri. cheesy
that kid knows his yoruba.
And his bible, psalm 23
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2005
nike4luv:

yea..apotieri oluwa ma ni..omo to luwa fi funmi
Yeah, good song
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by nike4luv(f): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2005
yea tongue
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by genevieve: 6:53pm On Sep 01, 2005
well i think d nigerian movies r trying. try this movies: redlight, tears for nancy, tears in heaven passions, carcass, sharonstone, and so on..........
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by nike4luv(f): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2005
r u geneive inaji? rolleyes
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by fataiiyo(m): 9:59am On Sep 02, 2005
i love keepingfaith ................
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2005
Hey, genevieve, are u genevieve nnaji? cheesy
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2005
ahahah....she just loves genevieve. She loves all genevieve's movies...so obviously....
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2005
@hot angel, genevieve is not in tears in heaven. And do u mean obviously, she's genevieve?
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2005
Ohh.. okay. Nahh, I mean So...she obviously loves genevieve.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2005
oh ok
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by lilcox(f): 1:36am On Sep 03, 2005
its my first time on this forum and i am not regretting it.
My favorite Nigerian movies are critical decision, playing games 1,2,3, power of love, fugitive, My Love e.t.c ... all others are... I think movies produced by tade ogidan are the bomb
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by vexxy(f): 1:49am On Sep 03, 2005
Welcome to the Nairaland Family, sis! tongue

I'll have to check out those movies you've posted.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2005
lilcox:

its my first time on this forum and i am not regretting it.
My favorite Nigerian movies are critical decision, playing games 1,2,3, power of love, fugitive, My Love e.t.c ... all others are... I think movies produced by tade ogidan are the bomb

Welcome, lilcox, yeah its true its fun here, you sure will enjoy it here.
yeah, i love that movie, FUGITIVE, its very interesting.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by kenflavor(m): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2005
I dont care if u say Nigerian films are not interesting. What I know is that there are many of them out there that I had watched and I fell for them. If they aren't good Nollywood ( Nigerian home videos) wouldn't had been rated third in the world after US and India. If u dont know ask SEUN he will tell u
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by kelvin(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2005
To say the truth, I think I last watched a Nigerian movie when Abacha was the head of state.
It's pathetic, I'ld rather watch "Tales by Moon Light"
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by silverbird(f): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2005
I don't really watch Nigerian movies but the one i've seen and i know they are good are; missing angel, world apart 1&2, games women play 1&2, and a host of others.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2005
has anyone seen Little angel?? I love love love love that movie. i cried cried. I love love love that movie. smiley
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by sheif: 2:17am On Sep 24, 2005
I only watch so called 'Nollywood' films in order to have a laugh and criticise them. It sounds cruel, but those films are a waste of time (except when you're laughing at them, lol!) The thing about 'Nollywood' is that it favours quantity over quality, it is only ranked 3rd in the world for the sheer bulk and turnover of the industry, the way they produce so many low budget films in such a short space of time.
I think Nigerian films are good but not the conventional 'Nollywood' ones which are so pretentious. Yoruba films are much more realistic and entertaining. My favourites are 'Saworoide' and 'Agogo Ewo'. Also the evangelistic films which are not your typical 'Nollywood' films are better as well. I really do believe that the quality of acting in these types of films are better than the 'Nollywood' ones because you can really believe the actors as their characters, you don't just see an actor playing a fantastic (as in fantasy) character as they would imagine that person to be. It's like if a good actor plays a doctor, you really believe that they're a doctor and not somebody pretending to be a doctor. I saw an evangelical film called 'A Day to Die'. It was really good. The acting was so great, you could see yourself recognising characters in the film like the pastor greeting his congregation, slapping palms with his friends in greeting and 'hailing' them, the pastor's wife leading the prayer team, the people addressing each other as 'sister', 'brother', etc. I wish I knew who made the film, it's one of the best Nigerian films I've ever watched. And it had good values as well, not warped, twisted ones.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Mimiling(f): 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2005
yOU MUST WATCH [b][/b]MISSING ANGEL.iTHOUGHT IT WAS EDUCATIVE IN THE SENSE THAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SPIRITUAL WORLD.it was a jist of the whole cake.It was hilarious as well.I think Nigerians have more room for improvement but its a far cry for people who haven't taken the first step in the right direction.Long live Nollywood.I say this cos i'm a ghanaian and i know our film industry collasped drastically over the decade and its the awakening of Nollywood that has obliged us to take a leap in the right direction.My favourites film so far asince they landed on the g'haian scene includes
silent night,formidable force,osuofia in london,power of love and of course missing angel not forgetting God loves prostititues 1 and 2 kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by african(f): 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2005
dagerouse twins 1,2,3
the intruder 1 and 2
awilo
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2005
My favorite now is My friend and Lover
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by prettyH(f): 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2005
Gosh this forum has really been debative. From my point of view nig. home videos are crap but mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i've got to give a BIG UP to keeping faith although i loved violated but still. I've never watched a home video twice but i actually watch this particular one on a regular basis.

At the moment i av nt been around though so don't know if any gd ones r out. Also yoruba films to me sort of av better storylines ..............................probably those i've watched. To those who watch home videos i'd like a few gd ones to buy cos at d moment i'm clueless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emmanuel Evicted From The Big Brother House / Stephanie Nnadi Bags Double Award As Entertainment Personality, Best Talented Ma / Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.