Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Who Knows About Olaudah Equiano And Who Cares To Know? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Knows About Olaudah Equiano And Who Cares To Know? (1114 Views)

Who Knows This Great Fulani Diet / Who Knows What It Takes To Become The Olubadan / Why Is Nigeria, Like Most Of Africa In Such An Appaling State And No One Cares!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows About Olaudah Equiano And Who Cares To Know? by paula1(m): 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2009
olaudah equiano probably was the first nigerian to know ow 2 use the english language in reading and writing,this is a man who was born in essaka,igbo village in 1745.He was sold as a slave in 1756 when he was 11 years living his beloved sister which he never saw again,gained freedom unlike others probably due to his brillance and went on to learn ow 2 read and write which made him nigeria's first world known noveslist,it would interest you to know that some of his works helped us know how pre-colonial nigeria was,his works also defended nigeria in the sense that the british said that nigeria was undeveloped prior to their take over,nigeria as a whole could not defend themselves because we could not be heard,equiano with his write use of the english language has stated earlier that pre-colonial nigerian organisations where developed.Why should olaudah equiano be forgotten especially by those in the literal field,someone who's picture hangs in a royal museum in england,if we remember shakesphare that much why not we remember our own pride who was a novelist,human right activist and a poet,he was involved in the struggle against slavery being a one time slave.please lets remember and honour our own hero - olaudah equiano(1745-1797). as compiled by paul alfred

Re: Who Knows About Olaudah Equiano And Who Cares To Know? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2009
There's alot of talk about him and his story being false. . . if I'm remembering correctly.
Re: Who Knows About Olaudah Equiano And Who Cares To Know? by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 22, 2012
i remember him from my AA studies. smiley

ChinenyeN: There's alot of talk about him and his story being false. . . if I'm remembering correctly.

I heard about that too.
he did exist though but i heard much of the stories were exaggerated by historians.
Re: Who Knows About Olaudah Equiano And Who Cares To Know? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
@topic I DO! I remember him from my high school english class, I was actually paying attention when we were studying his work.

ChinenyeN: There's alot of talk about him and his story being false. . . if I'm remembering correctly.

I heard that too, but I don't believe it. His story can't possibly be false.
Re: Who Knows About Olaudah Equiano And Who Cares To Know? by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 23, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Sexy Latino: Italian Meets Spanish / The Best Place To Be Born In The World! Switzerland 1st, Nigeria 80th (WORST) / Whats With The Tongue Selfies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.