Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today (6794 Views)

Poll: ojukwu, orji uzor kalu and uwazuluike. who is the modern king of igbo land

ojukwu: 29% (5 votes)
orji uzor kalu: 41% (7 votes)
uwazuluike: 29% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

MASSOB Barnishes Nwodo,wogu From Igbo Land / Obiano, Tinubu, Amosun, Kalu And Akande At SUN Award: Caption The Photo / Orji Uzor Kalu And The Ooni Of Ife (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by unipol(m): 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2009
among ojukwu, orji uzor kalu and uwazuluike, who is the modern king of igbo land
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by asha80(m): 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2009
Get a life.There is nothing like king of igbo.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by comfort3: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2009
lol. grin
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by unipol(m): 10:42pm On Feb 16, 2009
asha 80:

Get a life.There is nothing like king of igbo.

what kind of political animal are you? do you mean we should not or we cannot?  in hausa they have the sudan of sokoto, in yoruba the oba of ile- ife, in edo you still get the oba of benin,

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Feb 16, 2009
rolfmao!!! @Asha80.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2009
Isn't there an Igwe of Ibo land? undecided
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by presido1: 11:11pm On Feb 16, 2009
Ask questions first b4 starting useless thread.
Igbos don't have king like other tribes. We have community/village kings known as EZE.
Moreover non of the three mentioned above is traditional ruler in his home town.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by chihums(m): 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2009
presido that was a beautiful corrective explanation u hav there
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by luka1981(m): 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2009
the most digraceful nigerians are here again. how can you say that igbos has no king or that the king of igbo land is the useles igwes in your village.

OJUKWU was ordained the EZE NDI IGBO GBURUGBURU , and he had said he is going to hand over to uwazuluike. so uwazulike is the modern king of igbo land.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by udezue(m): 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2009
The question should be, Who is the most relevant in the modern day Igbo society? not Who is the KING?

But oh well what we want is a good leader than can cut across all parts of Igbo land from Ikwerre to Enugu, Arochukwu to Igbanke.

Uwazuruike is definitely on my top list. Ojukwu did his thing but I see him more as statesman. He is still relevant but time for new blood like Uwazuruike who can also learn from and his mistakes also. Others are welcome too.

Orji Uzo Kalu?  hmmmm is that former Abia governor? if its him I say hell NAW.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by unipol(m): 12:33am On Feb 17, 2009
the people that don,t want the igbos to unite under one leadership are here.

EZE NDI IGBO Orji uzor kalu

please if you are not a true son or daughter of igbo land, you won,t understand the meaning of EZE NDI IGBO, so please don,t contribute, as you can see we are not talking about igwes in villages.

@luka1981n you merit to be called son of the soil.
igbo kwenu! kwenu! kweezun. BIAFRA IS OUR RISING SUN
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by udezue(m): 12:41am On Feb 17, 2009
IGBOS TRULY NEED ONE STRONG LEADER NOT 2000000 LEADERS AT THE SAME TIME. U NEED ONE PERSON TO UNIFY. There will be others ofcourse but u always need 1 dominant leader.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by chidichris(m): 8:50am On Feb 17, 2009
the most digraceful nigerians are here again. how can you say that igbos has no king or that the king of igbo land is the useles igwes in your village.

OJUKWU was ordained the EZE NDI IGBO GBURUGBURU , and he had said he is going to hand over to uwazuluike. so uwazulike is the modern king of igbo land.

Luka1981,
unfortunately i do not know ur age. if u are above 20, then u represent ur first line above.

Igbo amaghi eze. it has been there and for now it is still the case. igbos are not known with a central king.

ojukwu is a war lord whose interest was more of Biafra than Igbo. uwazurukike is working towards taking over from the former(ojukwu). orji uzor kalu from all indications is working towards kingship but the task ahead is not as simple as it might look.

Luka1981, i suggest u endeavour to discuss issues that u know as that will put u on a good plat form to flow with points rather than insulting others.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by Abagworo(m): 10:59am On Feb 17, 2009
Igbo no get king.some clans have kings whose authority doesnt exceed their boundary.coming to impose whoever as a king over the entire igbo is nonsense.an anambra man can never be a king to me or any other igbo.even the way the poster wrote uwazuruike as uwazuluike to suit his dialect is annoying.ojukwu is a hero who has lost credibility for two main reasons.

1)failing to fight to death in biafran war

2)contesting the presidency of nigeria 30 years after failure to seceed

The 2nd man uwazurike has not achieved anything for igbos.nothing!his boys were going about harassing fellow igbos and forcing them to use biafran currency,molesting businessmen and carrying casket to their residence.how many suicide bombings have they done?how many elections have they won?how many igbos have they sponsored on scholarship?

Orji kalu is an obvious hero.in as much as i rate him low in perfomance i acknowdledge his successes unbiased.anyone who says that winning two states from pdp is an easy fit is a joker.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by AloyEmeka9: 11:45am On Feb 17, 2009
How is this useless question related to this section?. Some people here are just obsessed with igbos so much that they must discuss something about them everyday. Have you had the king of igbos before?. Igbos are known for their democratic system of govt even before the time of Abraham. The so called igwes in igboland still has limited powers conferred on him by the senate(Nzes) and the house(ichies). Autocracy has no place in igboland.undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by MrCrackles(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2009
unipol:

among ojukwu, orji uzor kalu and uwazuluike, who is the modern king of igbo land

Next time when you want to start a thread on NL, dont discount your common sense in reaching a decision! smiley
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by Okijajuju1(m): 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2009
EZE NDI IGBO?? hmm!!

I dunno about Ojukwu, I still have not forgiven him for the Biafran war.

Orji Uzor Kalu, I am wondering when the EFCC would incarate that criminal.

Uwazuluike!! Hmm!! I reserve my comments.

Igbo enwero Eze, period.

IGBO KWEZO NU!
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by grafikdon: 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

How is this useless question related to this section?. Some people here are just obsessed with igbos so much that they must discuss something about them everyday. Have you had the king of igbos before?. Igbos are known for their democratic system of govt even before the time of Abraham. The so called igwes in igboland still has limited powers conferred on him by the senate(Nzes) and the house(ichies). Autocracy has no place in igboland.undecided undecided undecided undecided

That's the bottom line.

I laugh at some trifling fools who wallow in the putrid pool conjured by the diseased imagination of their delirious minds. . . "King of the Igbos'' shocked shocked shocked. . . who died and made Osama Bin Laden the Mayor of New York?
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by chidichris(m): 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2009
EZE NDI IGBO?? hmm!!

I dunno about Ojukwu, I still have not forgiven him for the Biafran war.

Orji Uzor Kalu, I am wondering when the EFCC would incarate that criminal.

Uwazuluike!! Hmm!! I reserve my comments.

Igbo enwero Eze, period.

IGBO KWEZO NU!

Okija,
ur little write up above says much about who u are and ur ability a human being.
what has efcc got to do with this topic?
what do u think 1 million and 1 ribadu can do to a half orji uzor kalu? the rants and noise making of that unfortunate group of paid labourers organised by obj could only be noticed within the anambra / enugu and not in imo and abia.
obj will confess to the fact that he could not succeed in the former imo state.
in his eight years of madness, orji uzor kalu matched him despite his federal powers.
with or without immunity, kalu proved himself a worthy igboman.
what do u know about talking against obj even in the open? what do u know about winning pdp in two states, beating them in rigging and court cases?
do not allow urself to be used as ur brother chris uba was used.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by paule: 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2009
I am a true son of Igbo. I don't advice BIAFRIA; it landed us to what we are facing. Uwazuluike to me is Eze di igbo, Ojukwu's fame has expired, Ujor-Uzor Kalu vied for the president for his own (What did he do in Abia state)
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by luka1981(m): 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2009
chidichris:

Luka1981,
unfortunately i do not know ur age. if u are above 20, then u represent ur first line above.
chidichris link=topic=235082.msg3476999#msg3476999 date=1234857035:

Luka1981,

Igbo amaghi eze. it has been there and for now it is still the case. igbos are not known with a central king.

ojukwu is a war lord whose interest was more of Biafra than Igbo. uwazurukike is working towards taking over from the former(ojukwu). orji uzor kalu from all indications is working towards kingship but the task ahead is not as simple as it might look.

Luka1981, i suggest u endeavour to discuss issues that u know as that will put u on a good plat form to flow with points rather than insulting others.

@chidichrist, if your father is igbo man then you truly need a DNA test.before the coming of the white people there were two kings in igbo land, one of them is the obi of onitsha. then the white came and introduce the indirect rule and the igbo became decentralized. in 1982 OJUKWU returned to Nigeria and all the elders and leaders in igbo land joined hand and crowned and ordained him the EZENDIGBO GBURUGBURU. when uwazuluike was released from prison ojukwu said that he is going to handover to uwazulike. all the ibo sons inspiring to contest for high posts always look for his endorsement. for example cc onoh and kalu. watch it www.orjikalu.com
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by asha80(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2009
@chidichrist, if your father is igbo man then you truly need a DNA test.before the coming of the white people there were two kings in igbo land, one of them is the obi of onitsha. then the white came and introduce the indirect rule and the igbo became decentralized. in 1982 OJUKWU returned to Nigeria and all the elders and leaders in igbo land joined hand and crowned and ordained him the EZENDIGBO GBURUGBURU. when uwazuluike was released from prison ojukwu said that he is going to handover to uwazulike. all the ibo sons inspiring to contest for high posts always look for his endorsement. for example cc onoh and kalu. watch it www.orjikalu.com

I wonder why some people do not know the history of their people.My friend obi of onitsha had no influence in nnewi let alone other parts of igboland.As for you saying the white man came and decentralized the igbos you must have some nuts removed from your head.You are just showing your high level of ignorance
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by luka1981(m): 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2009
@asha 80, if you are not suffering from multiple identity syndrome then you are suffering from homosexualism, how can you defend chidichrist without any historical statement or proof. i only asked him to do DNA test because i expect that even if he is not educated, his father suppose to tell him about a great occasion in igbo land called the crownation of EZENDIGBO GBURUGBURU the son of EZEODIMEGWU. the great occasion was attended by all the great igbo leaders,sons, daughter,friends from different part of the nation.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by asha80(m): 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2009
@luka1981

I was addressing the gaffes on your post not chidichris.You can address him without blundering.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by CrudeOil2(m): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2009
Igbo enwe Eze.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by lucabrasi(m): 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2009
@post
ojukwu is not that relevant in the day to day politics and is disconnected from daily events and intrigues.

uwazuruike has the talk but he doesnt command as much respect or financial clout,influence amongst the power brokers

so its got to be orji uzor kalu
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by SamMilla1(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2009
rubbish thread sad
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On Feb 17, 2009
@poster.please could u correct the spelling of uwazuluike to uwazuruike.people like u would write amaewhule as amaefuna and its so annoying.mwl u guys should stop using eze in reference to ojukwu cuz he's not.
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by naijaking1: 2:10am On Feb 18, 2009
Nd'Igbo kwenu, kwezuo, nu!
Igbo ama eze forever grin
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by comfort3: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2009
Eze clifford oriji. grin
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by naijaking1: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2009
luka1981:

With all due respect to you, Ojukwu, and all those that "crowned" him Ezendigbo Gburugburu; my own great traditional ruler was not a part of that event. You can't claim that ALL great Igbo traditional rulers agreed and made him their King. Infact, for all I could remember there was a visible and violent opposition to Ojukwu from Governor Jim Nwobodo during the period in question.
Igbos have been Roman democrats from time immemorial, the fact that we're even discussing who is and who is not our ruler even atests to that fact. Like the Romans, Igbos would honor noble men who have achieved success in life, but those who inherited success by birth and on a platter of gold.
Not only that Igbo enwe eze, but also Igbo ama eze
Re: Ojukwu, Orji Uzor Kalu And Uwazuluike. Who Is The King Of Igbo Land Today by Okijajuju1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
chidichris:

Okija,
ur little write up above says much about who u are and ur ability a human being.
what has efcc got to do with this topic?
what do u think 1 million and 1 ribadu can do to a half orji uzor kalu? the rants and noise making of that unfortunate group of paid labourers organised by obj could only be noticed within the anambra / enugu and not in imo and abia.
obj will confess to the fact that he could not succeed in the former imo state.
in his eight years of madness, orji uzor kalu matched him despite his federal powers.
with or without immunity, kalu proved himself a worthy igboman.
what do u know about talking against obj even in the open? what do u know about winning PDP in two states, beating them in rigging and court cases?
do not allow urself to be used as ur brother chris uba was used.

Ichie Chidi

Ekenem ghi O!
But on the issue of Uzor Kalu, I really couldnt care what went down between him and Obj. My problem with him is that he was given a chance to make a difference in Abia State, and in 8 years, he did NOTHING! Yes I said nothing. Atleast in Aba and Umuahia. He is a criminal that is no better than Obj. If you dont think Kalu is a thief, then you are just like him.
We Ndigbo have better stop celebrating these crooks in our bid to get BIAFRA.
Of the three of them, I'll prolly say Uwazuluike is the most relevant (to me atleast) right now, although I dont necessarily agree with some of his motives.
Ojukwu is old, and has out lived his usefulness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another 34 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram, 105 Killed Last Week Were Secretly Bur / Enugu Govt Announces Speedy Repairs Of New Potholes / Another Herdsmen Attack Right Now, Over 20 Persons Killed In The Same Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.