Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 (3510 Views)

Between An Hyundai Ix35 And Lexus Rx330. Which Is Better Option / Please Help With This Issues On My Lexus 330 / Comparism Between Toyota Camry 2010 XLE And Lexus RX 330 (2005/06 Model) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hi duddes what can you say about this comparsoÑ..I want to get myself another car any of this two named vehicles.please can you tell the problems associated with these vehicles ?
Which of it has more luxurious look and effizy ?
Which of it is more expensive to buy and maintiain ?
Which has more faster speed,mileage and stronger engine ?
Which has lesse fuel consumption ? Pls anyone with an educative information about this cars should comment.
I am specifically talking about the lates of ones.thanks

1 Like

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by ExpressBooking(m): 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2015
Both cannot be compared. Just as you cant compare sleep with death. Please get yourself a Lexus RX330 and you will be glad u did

Luxury looks and effizy=RX 330
More expensive to buy=RX330
More expensive to maintain= Xterra
Faster speed and stronger engine=RX 330 it has more streamlined body
Lesser fuel consumption=RX330 it has 3.3L engine

1 Like

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by nurey(m): 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
ExpressBooking:
Both cannot be compared. Just as you cant compare sleep with death. Please get yourself a Lexus RX330 and you will be glad u did

How can you say the Xterra is more expensive to maintain, this is a big fat lie.

Who told you the engine in the xterra isn't stronger than that of the lexus and you think the Rx is faster abi, u never jam turbocharged Xterra, another uninformed crap, the first and 2nd generation xterra engine are solidly built and will with stand anything as long as it is used by the book.

Op the exterra was designed for an off road experience and has a very good ground clearance it will withstand bad terrain the 2nd gen 2004 upwards engine is prone to a failure which can be rectified by by passing the radiator to avoid engine failure.

The Lexus Rx330 is a luxurious cross over utility vehicle, can withstand minor offroad challenges, has effizy more than the Xterra but in deciding which one to buy, location of usage must be put in mind and disposable cash.

Maintaining and parts of a lexus don't come cheap afterall you buying a premium vehicle.

3 Likes

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by boldx(m): 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nissan technology is too sophisticated for an average road side Naija mechanic when the car starts ageing. Distributor, injector, sensors wahala. Kazeems and their inefficiency
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
lomomike:
undecided
So because you see my post you come thing say I too get money to come build house..now you come advertise your work..ok na..you proposals ?
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
nurey:

How can you say the Xterra is more expensive to maintain, this is a big fat lie.

Who told you the engine in the xterra isn't stronger than that of the lexus and you think the Rx is faster abi, u never jam turbocharged Xterra, another uninformed crap, the first and 2nd generation xterra engine are solidly built and will with stand anything as long as it is used by the book.

Op the exterra was designed for an off road experience and has a very good ground clearance it will withstand bad terrain the 2nd gen 2004 upwards engine is prone to a failure which can be rectified by by passing the radiator to avoid engine failure.

The Lexus Rx330 is a luxurious cross over utility vehicle, can withstand minor offroad challenges, has effizy more than the Xterra but in deciding which one to buy, location of usage must be put in mind and disposable cash.

Maintaining and parts of a lexus don't come cheap afterall you buying a premium vehicle.
Any of this car you are considering should be the very latest but very clean fairly used..I saw an exterra that looks so much like a pathfinder LE..
What do you mean by offroad ?
What is the meaning of ground clearance ?
How do I identify offroad SUVs' ?
How much are they cost ? Which one is more balanced on ground ?
Which one is considered more rugged and catchy ?
Pls tell me everything you know about these vehicles.. Thanks a lot so far
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
nurey:

Any of this car you are considering should be the very latest but very clean fairly used..I saw an exterra that looks so much like a pathfinder LE..
Pls tell me everything you know about these vehicles...Thanks a lot so far
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
ExpressBooking:

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by colossus2: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
fuckerholic:

Pls tell me everything you know about these vehicles...Thanks a lot so far
fuckerholic:
Hi duddes what can you say about this comparsoÑ..I want to get myself another car any of this two named vehicles.
I thought you have used a car before embarassed
Chai cry

3 Likes

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2015
colossus2:

I thought you have used a car before embarassed
Chai cry
That was a car not jeep (suv) besides I just bought it ignorantly unlike now that I want to know what am doing
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by nurey(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2015
fuckerholic:

The pathfinder and xterra shares most things in common except their shape is different and pathfinder is more luxurious than the xterra.

OFFROAD vehicles are used for off the road experience like rock climbing, minor water depth passing what we call very bad road in Nigeria.

GROUND CLEARANCE is the height of the car from the ground. The xterra has a higher ground clearance than the lexus. Only you can decide how much ground clearance you need.

IDENTIFYING OFFROAD SUV's it will be stated by the manufacturer that a particular brand of their ride is made for offroad experience to my knowledge most SUV are designed for such, note:
Xterra is a mid size SUV
Rx330 is a luxurious CUV

COST year to year, the lexus will cost more to purchase than the Xterra, the part price of the lexus are not cheap either but remember, the lexus is a luxurious vehicle and highly demanded so its expected you pay more for that premium feel.

BALANCED ON GROUND according to law of science the closer a vehicle is to the ground the more stability it will exhibit at high speed Nurey et al, so I guess the lexus will have more stability than the xterra.

RUGGED and CATCHY any car can be rugged if used judiciously as specified by the manufacturer so here its a tie (except you state the terrain both will be used) as for catchy lexus (prawn crackers), xterra (puff puff) decided which you will give a girl on date night.

Both vehicles are good in their class, if am staying in lekki with good roads, I don't need the xterra, so the lexus will be my pick, if I stay in an area with potholes, stagnant water on the road, gully riden roads, then the Xterra will be my pick.

Rx 330 has a 3.3L V6 engine, which is good on gas than the Xterra's 4.0L V6 engine.

1 Like

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by abatically(m): 8:01am On Jun 02, 2015
nurey:

Oga, there's no way a truck like Nissan xterra can be faster than an rx330.
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2015
abatically:

Oga, there's no way a truck like Nissan xterra can be faster than an rx330.
I have heard that Rx330 doesn't have balance on ground..
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2015
fuckerholic:

undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 11:46am On Jun 02, 2015
nurey:

The pathfinder and xterra shares most things in common except their shape is different and pathfinder is more luxurious than the xterra.

OFFROAD vehicles are used for off the road experience like rock climbing, minor water depth passing what we call very bad road in Nigeria.

GROUND CLEARANCE is the height of the car from the ground. The xterra has a higher ground clearance than the lexus. Only you can decide how much ground clearance you need.

IDENTIFYING OFFROAD SUV's it will be stated by the manufacturer that a particular brand of their ride is made for offroad experience to my knowledge most SUV are designed for such, note:
Xterra is a mid size SUV
Rx330 is a luxurious CUV

COST year to year, the lexus will cost more to purchase than the Xterra, the part price of the lexus are not cheap either but remember, the lexus is a luxurious vehicle and highly demanded so its expected you pay more for that premium feel.

BALANCED ON GROUND according to law of science the closer a vehicle is to the ground the more stability it will exhibit at high speed Nurey et al, so I guess the lexus will have more stability than the xterra.

RUGGED and CATCHY any car can be rugged if used judiciously as specified by the manufacturer so here its a tie (except you state the terrain both will be used) as for catchy lexus (prawn crackers), xterra (puff puff) decided which you will give a girl on date night.

Both vehicles are good in their class, if am staying in lekki with good roads, I don't need the xterra, so the lexus will be my pick, if I stay in an area with potholes, stagnant water on the road, gully riden roads, then the Xterra will be my pick.

Rx 330 has a 3.3L V6 engine, which is good on gas than the Xterra's 4.0L V6 engine.
But I have heard that RX330 doent have balance on ground,is that true ?
Thanks a lot..am really lectured
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 02, 2015
fuckerholic:

Eyah cry

1 Like

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by abatically(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
fuckerholic:

I don't understand what u mean by balance on road. For a car its size, its got incredible balance.
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by ExpressBooking(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
fuckerholic:
But I have heard that RX330 doent have balance on ground,is that true ? Thanks a lot..am really lectured
Please try and test drive these two vehicles. you will ask no questions further.
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
depends on what u want the vehicles if you intend commuting in city centers and state capitals the lexus is ok, its prestigious and flashy ( ur wife may even steal it from u).

If u intend going off road to the rural areas, forest etc the xterra should suffice.

Theres no question of cost of maintenance in the 2 vehicles.

If you can afford to buy the cars , then you can bloody afford to maintain them end of story. cheesy
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by nurey(m): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
fuckerholic:

Better leave what you hear and buy peace of mind. If I were in your shoes, I will just by the Rx330 cause I think you are in love with that car. Buying the xterra could be a waste if you don't intend to use much of offroad.
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
2 of my colleagues have the rx model 330, the vehicle has balance its a nice ride, quick acceleration, dont forget its a toyota product; so u can expect that toyota reliability we ve all come to appreciate in naija.
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
PEACE be unto all of you that contributed reasonably in this thread..thanks a lot.
Thread closed.
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2015
fuckerholic:
PEACE be unto all of you that contributed reasonably in this thread..thanks a lot.
Thread closed.

No! Na now thread start sef.

1 Like

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
fuckerholic:

You did not mention the specific year model of the Nissan Xterra.
However, the Xterra is a formidable weapon in the off road terrain. Its got front and rear spring leaf suspension with multi-link front and a trailing arm.. Its a fuel consumer, it isn't too comfortable on road and it isn't too 'balanced' due to its suspension system, the high centre of gravity, it is a spartan vehicle.

Meanwhile, lemme start my honest unbiased review of the RX330 AWD 05 model here. Read through to get relevant info.

Since you're picking your first lexus, try with something easy and nice, Lexus RX330 covers all the basics. it comes with a 3MZ-FE 3.3L V6 with 230 hp which runs frm 0-60mph in 7.6 seconds and its mated to a 5speed auto gear some have auto with sports shift mode (like you're shifting manual but now its without a clutch) which is more than enough to make you smile if acceleration is your joy. it either comes with FWD or AWD. The AWD has rear differential connected to a propeller shaft so all wheels are permanently spinning with power. Now when you've considered all these set ups for engine and gear and transfer, what's its fuel consumption? 18mpg city and 24mpg highway.
let's step inside. it has a lovely interior. mine is a charcoal black interior plus aluminum and chrome trims plus deep reddish brown bird eyes mapple wood. Some are beige or brown or cream leather seats and some are fabric cloth seats (JDM toyota Harrier RX330). They usually comes with genuine leather (not Vinyl surface in highlander which people think is leather) Are the seats comfortable? Yes the are very supportive and comfortable. it has 10way power movement for driver seat with 2 seat memory systems (meaning you can save your seat position and another persons seat position and recall that position at the push of a button). Front passenger seat is 8way power movement, while rear seat can slide front or backwards. The back seats are spacious and comfortable too.
The Lexus RX330 is a 5seater CUV (Crossover Utility Vehicle, a vehicle that looks like an SUV but can't do serious offroading. They have a better road performance and comfort), the wood trims are genuine woods. And it goes around all the door cards, steering wheel, gear stick handle, centre console and rear armrest cupholder. The centre console can slide front or backwards and have rear seat AC vent installed for the rear passenger.
On the dashboard, it have 3 deeply recessed pods which houses the gauges and indicator lights. They made it deep because its meant to be seen by the driver only plus it also adds aesthetics and 'sportlikeness' to the interior feel. The instrument cluster gauges are illuminated with white backlights which is very clear and gives a very appealing look.
Some have only a 1CD, AM, FM, MW, TAPE with RDS, TEXT, and ASL (automatic speaker volume Level to cancel road noise) sound system. Some RX330 have no Navigation system, no rear seat entertainment system. Some RX330 have a voice activated Navigator system which doesn't have Nigerian or even African Map but it have climate control (AC, heater, Fan etc bluetooth telephony, telephone directory and car phone book where you store all your contacts plus your call logs, calendar, dealership contact, service schedule & timer, Mark Levinson's 6CD changer, AM, FM, MW, TAPE with RDS, TEXT, and ASL (Automatic Sound Leveler which tunes the speaker volume automatically to cancel road noise) with 12 speakers with bass, and rear seat entertainment system dvd player, navigator screen, am, fm, audio CD plus screen on the roof for rear passengers those lexus with Navigator have reverse camera (pls don't rely on that Reverse Camera because e dey confuse eyes o! unless you wan reverse and hear 'gbosa' before stopping) mine have that system which I like and I call it 'efizzy'.
it also have a power botton boot open/close. At a push of a button on the dashboard or on the remote control, the boot opens or closes. Another lazy man's efizzy.
The boot is big and have some good storage areas. The materials used in the interior is high quality, you don't feel vibration, its silent only road tyre noise that squeam lightly and 'you feel cocooned like you're in a fighter bomber.' Just copied that from Jeremy Clarkson my auto mentor.
Oh I forget, some have illuminated interior door handles, front passenger and driver footwell, and illuminated scuff plates with 'LEXUS' illuminated in orange abi na amber colour.
Some lexus Rx330 have Halogen lamps, some have HID lamps (white lights). Those with HID lights have Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) a system which the projector HID lamp system steers in the direction of the car as long as the SUV is running above 30km/h.

1 Like

Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
Mr lomomike a very nice & detailed review of your Lexus rx300. Op any confusions again. as one poster above me said its made by Toyota so expect all d Toyota reliability efizzy & affordability of parts. Good luck in your choice of vehicle.
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nice car the Lexus RX330 though, but I prefer a Benz ML430. Armed robbers preferences are no more my love.
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 8:02am On Jun 05, 2015
ExpressBooking:

Please try and test drive these two vehicles. you will ask no questions further.
Which do you think I will like/prefer after the test driving ?
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by fuckerholic(m): 8:04am On Jun 05, 2015
ExpressBooking:

Which do you think I will like/prefer after the test driving ?
Re: Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 by ExpressBooking(m): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2015
Let's not be conclusive yet. just test drive both

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Rent A Vintage Car For A Wedding? / Peugeot market Square. / Toyota Camry 1988 Or A Golf 3 ,which Should I Go For As An Msc Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.