Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

The Difference In Speaking And Writing English - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Difference In Speaking And Writing English (785 Views)

Alright Vs All Right : What's The Difference? Let's Learn. / How Do Improve My Speaking And Writing Abilities / “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference In Speaking And Writing English by fuckerholic(m): 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
Pls friends I have a point that have occured and re-occured to me as an expirience and I would like to discuss it here for deliberation.
I was in a bank today and saw a young married woman trying to fill the withdrawal teller so as to withdraw money but was having it somehow dificult to complete the task of which the security guy helped her out in filling it but when we get to the queue and an argument ensued about queue line position I was surprised to hear this lady flow in english nicely more than I expected compared to what I presumed as a result of what I saw her doing with filling the teller..I noticed there are some people that can speak very good english but can't write perfectly the way they speak while some others can write very well but can't speak very fluently nor perfectly the way they write..in this two categories of people,which do you think is more on a safer side ?
Re: The Difference In Speaking And Writing English by Dioxidane: 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obviously you are like the woman in your story... No one is better, learn to speak and write well...
Re: The Difference In Speaking And Writing English by swaggzo(m): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
IT'S EMBARRASSING TO NOT KNOW HOW TO WRITE PROPER ENGLISH. AND EVEN MORE, TO NOT KNOW HOW TO SPEAK IT.

UNLESS YOU'RE TAKING AN EXAM, OR EXPECTED TO BE THE WRITING MACHINE OR EDITOR AT YOUR WORK PLACE. ..

YOU'RE SAFER IF YOU CANNOT WRITE PROPER ENGLISH AS MUCH AS YOU SPEAK IT, THAN THE OTHER PERSON WHO CANNOT SPEAK AS MUCH AS THEY CAN WRITE.
Re: The Difference In Speaking And Writing English by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
Well I speak as much as I write
Re: The Difference In Speaking And Writing English by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
The way i spoke my english we be make some people to cause me. Tgey don't know say i go school pass them. I am bsc holder. I graduate in one of the best uni in Nigeria................. Yep some of our graduates are that bad. Most times they do not even know that their English is terrible.
Re: The Difference In Speaking And Writing English by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
It depends on the setting you find you find yourself.. but i try to think but i'm sorry OP, i can't get to a conclusion.
Re: The Difference In Speaking And Writing English by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
In my own case, my writing style in English Language will drive you crazy and my grammar and the words i choose will make you die for me but my problem is i can't be fast when speaking English Language.. if i try to be too fast, i will rather stammer or cause a grammatical blunder.

(1) (Reply)

Nimasa Set To Provide Sound Technical Education / JAC Unical Chapter Embarks On A 3-day Warning Strike / Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.