Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! (3443 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Granted N100,000 Bail. Claims She's 23 Years / Agnostic Christians Make Better Impact Globally Than Spiritual Christians / Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by vedaxcool(m): 8:10am On Jun 02, 2015

The above picture simply represents a dilemma as contained in the verse;

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.
Mathew 10:25

Jesus advised the rich man in question to sell of all his property;
Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me Mat:10:21

The problem becomes very few of Christians would make heaven, as the phrase pass a camel through the eye of a need is meant to denote an impossible event, some thing that wouldn't and cannot happen. Jesus is in essence saying no rich person can make heaven.

Once again after the mountain expedition we are witnessing how the biblical writters attribite statements or actions to jesus that either fails to convey what is really happen or words that are illogical or whose meanings would be damning to most christians alive.

Can christians make camels pass through the eye of a needle? Do I sense a challenge? christians over to you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2015
You should know that that was just a proverb , a word of caution undecided
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by Rilwayne001: 8:31am On Jun 02, 2015
Pastor oyedepo will be like "Jesus was talking spiritual here, not physical" gringrin

Bishop David Oyedepo is a Nigerian Preacher, been hailed as the wealthiest preacher in Nigeria with a total net worth of $150 million and properties like 4 private jets and homes in the United States and England.

4 Likes

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by Rilwayne001: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. [size=20pt] "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, [/size] and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me Mat:10:21

4 Likes

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by vedaxcool(m): 8:35am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

Nope read the context of the verse, proverbs have meaning whether you are willing to acknowledge that or not!

1 Like

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. [size=20pt] "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, [/size] and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me Mat:10:21

Then after he sells them and work again and become rich what happens?

That was a test of faith because Jesus knew he won't do it , If you are rich and you're not able to give out your possessions that's where the problem is not that its wrong or we're not supposed to be rich.

He said one thing you lack and what's that ? Giving.
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2015
vedaxcool:

Nope read the context of the verse, proverbs have meaning whether you are willing to acknowledge that or not!

Yes it does have meaning and you're interpreting it out of context .
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by jamex93(m): 8:41am On Jun 02, 2015
u know most rich PPl r been controlled by their money

forgetting that the money they have God has given to them for the purpose of his work

so they go around making use of the money for this which will benefit them only
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by Rilwayne001: 9:02am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

Then after he sells them and work again and become rich what happens?

That was a test of faith because Jesus knew he won't do it , If you are rich and you're not able to give out your possessions that's where the problem is not that its wrong or we're not supposed to be rich.

He said one thing you lack and what's that ? Giving.
Mar 10:21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." ……Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is FOR THE RICH to enter the kingdom of God!" … Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you! "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields--and with them, persecutions) and in the age TO COME, eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 9:04am On Jun 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Mar 10:21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." ……Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is FOR THE RICH to enter the kingdom of God!" … Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you! "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields--and with them, persecutions) and in the age TO COME, eternal life.

So what are you saying ?
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by Rilwayne001: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

So what are you saying ?

Christians are expected to leave everything for jesus and his gospel, they are not expected to be rich in this world but in the age to come, or else you want to give this verse another meaning.

2 Likes

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by vedaxcool(m): 9:26am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

Yes it does have meaning and you're interpreting it out of context .

Please what is the meaning of it is easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle?
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by vedaxcool(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

They are living in denial!

1 Like

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by Rilwayne001: 9:32am On Jun 02, 2015
vedaxcool:

They are living in denial!
Exactly the way they did on the other thread.

2 Likes

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Christians are expected to leave everything for jesus and his gospel, they are not expected to be rich in this world but in the age to come, or else you want to give this verse another meaning.

2 Corinthians 8:9

For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus
Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for
your sakes he became poor, that ye
through his poverty might be rich.

3 John 2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou
mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy
soul prospereth.

1 timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world,
that they be not highminded, nor trust in
uncertain riches, but in the living God,
who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Romans 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but
delivered him up for us all, how shall he
not with him also freely give us all
things?

These are just to mention a few.

3 Likes

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by malvisguy212: 9:38am On Jun 02, 2015
Kai, this muslims are too deluded and confused!!! The message of this preaching is the kingdom of heaven, the needle hole represents the gate of heaven and the man whom Jesus was talking to is a rich man, the man find it hard to abandoned his riches for the gospel of salvation that why Jesus say;

It is easier for camel to go through the hole of needle than for the man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
As a matter of fact the context was Not even talking about faith miracle or sign.

Even the Persian say something similar to this,it will be easier to put elephant in the hole of needle. The quran has completely shut this muslims brain.
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by malvisguy212: 9:39am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

3 John 2
soul prospereth.

things?

excellent, I wanted to quote this for him.
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 9:46am On Jun 02, 2015
vedaxcool:

Please what is the meaning of it is easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle?

If you are poor do you think you'll be able to afford data to be online now? Do you even know the meaning of poverty?
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by totalhouse(m): 9:53am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

3 John 2
soul prospereth.

things?
Preach it pastor...absolutely on point. God bless your knowledge of the scripture...
Timo. ..the bishop.....episcopal and apocalypsis teaching. .lol

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2015
totalhouse:
Lol, pastor ke, Not in this life o, maybe in the next one. cheesy
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by totalhouse(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

Lol, pastor ke, Not in this life o, maybe in the next one. cheesy
Ok o. .when I become, tell me it is another life. Na spirit dey become pastor.
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2015
totalhouse:

Ok o. .when I become, tell me it is another life. Na spirit dey become pastor.

There are those called to become pastors but not Elantraceey, lol. I know my place in the body of Christ and by God's grace I'll function effectively.
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by totalhouse(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

There are those called to become pastors but not Elantraceey, lol. I know my place in the body of Christ and by God's grace I'll function effectively.
I heaaaaar. Calling is not what u will necessarily be informed long b4 time. It may come a bit sudden. So don't rule it out. However I understand ur point and ur fears.
Don't forget Eli was called but he was later substituted by Samuel at his young age when he knew not how to even hear from God.Calling is not written on anybody's forehead.God decides whom to call.
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by vedaxcool(m): 11:59am On Jun 02, 2015
elantraceey:

If you are poor do you think you'll be able to afford data to be online now? Do you even know the meaning of poverty?

Please explain what the proverb means " it is easier passing a camel thru the eye of a needle," dat is the simple question I asked. U are attempting to raise redherrings.
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by vedaxcool(m): 12:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
[s] Kai, this muslims are too deluded and confused!!! The message of this preaching is the kingdom of heaven, the needle hole represents the gate of heaven and the man whom Jesus was talking to is a rich man, the man find it hard to abandoned his riches for the gospel of salvation that why Jesus say;

It is easier for camel to go through the hole of needle than for the man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
As a matter of fact the context was Not even talking about faith miracle or sign.

Even the Persian say something similar to this,it will be easier to put elephant in the hole of needle. The quran has completely shut this muslims brain. [/s]

Feel sorry for u, advise, calm down take a shower and gently read the op rathhrr than embarrassing yourself belligerently.

1 Like

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by elantraceey(f): 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
totalhouse:

I heaaaaar. Calling is not what u will necessarily be informed long b4 time. It may come a bit sudden. So don't rule it out. However I understand ur point and ur fears.
Don't forget Eli was called but he was later substituted by Samuel at his young age when he knew not how to even hear from God.Calling is not written on anybody's forehead.God decides whom to call.

Hmmmm ok o
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by vedaxcool(m): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Exactly the way they did on the other thread.

Yep grin grin grin another.biblical mistep leaving its followers dumb founded.

3 Likes

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by malvisguy212: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
vedaxcool:

Feel sorry for u, advise, calm down take a shower and gently read the op rathhrr than embarrassing yourself belligerently.
stop reading the bible the way you read the quran, the bible is not a story book.
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by SalC: 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
Lol
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by GoodMuyis(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
YES Am a Christian and can Make it happen

So what deal do you have?
Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by GoodMuyis(m): 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matt 6:33

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 1Jn 1:2

If Christian were to be poor on earth what relevance does the above has. To the Topic no everybody that gave-up all his belongings will still make heaven. You right and correct to say Christians are expected to leave everything for jesus and his gospel, but to be poor on earth 1Jn 1:2 opposes you.

Take King David for example He wanted to Build temple for God but he was forbidden.

1 Like

Re: Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! by Godownchild(f): 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. / If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? / Prophet Tb Joshua Foretold The Death Of Steve Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.