Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. (23760 Views)

Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos / Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) / Nigerians In Chicago Adjust To Western Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by cilifa: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
Virtually all our ways of life is been replaced by western culture, call it westernization or civilization.... i care less.
Some of these culture we adopt does not really go down well with me, some of which are

a. Eating with the left hand when you use fork and Knife : please how many people does these in the comfort of their homes?

b. Open Relationship : maybe i should borrow PMB words 'i belong to everybody and i belong to nobody" ...Africans or say Nigerians in particular does not practise open relationship but its becoming the norm.

c. Use of tissue after using the rest room : please between water and tissue which is better? I stand corrected.

d. Stripper or strip clubs : we complain ladies have no moral values again all in the name of stripping and night club.

The list goes on, just add your and state reason for the dislike.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by MrTemple(m): 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
Bringing Religion to Africa, cos it took away our way of living.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by tociano009(m): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
Homoshit

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by danaiks(m): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
why do muslim's hate western culture? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by stinggy(m): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
cilifa:
Virtually all our ways of life is been replaced by western culture, call it westernization or civilization.... i care less.
Some of these culture we adopt does not really go down well with me, some of which are
a. Eating with the left hand when you use fork and Knife : please how many people does these in the comfort of their homes?
b. Open Relationship : maybe i should borrow PMB words 'i belong to everybody and i belong to nobody" ...Africans or say Nigerians in particular does not practise open relationship but its becoming the norm.
c. Use of tissue after using the rest room : please between water and tissue which is better? I stand corrected.
d. Stripper or strip clubs : we complain ladies have no moral values again all in the name of stripping and night club.
Add Western Religions. I dislike them undecided undecided

20 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by sexymoma(f): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
Eating with the left hand when you use fork and Knife : please how many people does these in the comfort of their homes?
I dislike dis with passion... the thing even get process oo.. like eating and leaving your spoon faced down, means u don belle full... wetin,if i don belle full nor be say i go stand up angry

49 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
MrTemple:
Bringing Religion to Africa, cos it took away our way of living.

You mean...bringing their religion....because we were practicing our religion before they came.

It is not like we did not believe in anything before the whites came.

@OP.....The foreign foods, and the foreign clothes.(suits are not practical in this hot weather.).

11 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by maggilove(f): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
Wearing high heel shoes even when u are not comfortable with it.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by izenco2005(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
Why not criticize and discontinue the use of internet and computer. Its a way of life of the Western People. Hypocrisy blinds us all.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by DollyParton1(f): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dumb analysis.
These are not cultures pls. Except the eating part.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Sapphire86(f): 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Gays saying 'I was born this way; equality in marriage'

18 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by GodMode: 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
K
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by elantraceey(f): 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Indecent dressing.

12 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by hansbad: 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hmmmm interesting
Just finish what u started
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by boolet: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Fashion, some forms of it.

1 Like

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Taking that fvcking big bingo for a walk and scaring the shyt out of passers-by angry

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Holyfield1(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Greetings: A Yoruba man will expect you to greet him 3 times a day...If u pass the frontage of his house in the morning nd u say ''Ekaaro sir''......Come pass that same place in 5 minutes time he'll still expect u to greet him again.......Shey greeting na by force
Buh Guess what
We are the best,A typical Yoruba will bring up his children to respect adult and any elderly people in the society grin grin grin grin
Like if U agree Share if you disagree
grin grin grin grin grin

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by JuanDeDios: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
DollyParton1:
Dumb analysis
It's not a brilliant analysis, I won't lie.

2 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Dollyak(f): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Many things. Attitude to morals, gay, the mentality that western culture is superior etc

11 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Seriallinks(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
tociano009:
Homoshit

Ditto!

3 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by donigspain(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Wearing [size=14pt]SUIT[/size] for whatever function!

For crying out loud, we are living on the part of the globe where it is generally hot throughout the year. The subtropical region is characterised by a harsh atmospheric condition in both temperature and humidity. Why do we have to adopt this foreign culture? To make it worse, we tie a rope round our neck and call it neck-tie.

When you factor the economic condition which forced most people to be "trekkers" and still have to go on suits/ties under the scorching sun. angry

Come to Lagos and see all shades of suits coats with under armpit sweat patches. Young men with wornout shoes, dripping sweats and suicidal ties. shocked

For example, check my profile picture! grin grin grin

28 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by HonourablePomk: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Speechless
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Prettydiamond(f): 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
In that case let's adopt the good ones and ingnore the bad ones.. If u should ask me, their culture has done more good than harm. Making life easier.

3 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by puregirls(f): 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
sad

Stripper or strip clubs
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by KAPOVee: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Making educational system so hard

1 Like

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by femi4: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Doggy style, it wasn't so in the days of our forefathers. Our forefathers only knew missionary style but today, ladies have the guts to dictate how they want it

14 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by lezz(m): 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
cilifa:

What's wrong in eating with left hand?

7 Likes

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by DollyParton1(f): 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sapphire86:
Gays saying 'I was born this way; equality in marriage'

A lady dislikes equality in marriage. Really?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by pixtuk(m): 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
internet and their language(english)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Similarity In Some Nigerian Languages / Kano Emirate: Low Activities In Sanusi’s Palace / Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.