Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,107 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:01 AM

Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. (23689 Views)

Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos / Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) / Nigerians In Chicago Adjust To Western Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
piagetskinner:

And who doesn't know the whites brought clothes?...I am talking about the morale decadence that has crept into our culture as a result of being incorporated by the west. the pygmies, hottentots who live in the central african region are still known for not wearing clothes.
I'm talking about the motive for which these actions are made and ure talking another thing...read and comprehend before quoting#capish

I see your point somehow but at the same time, it's still up to the individual to decide what you wear. Besides, I doubt moral decadence is even a modern thing.
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
piagetskinner:

And who doesn't know the whites brought clothes?...I am talking about the morale decadence that has crept into our culture as a result of being incorporated by the west. the pygmies, hottentots who live in the central african region are still known for not wearing clothes.
I'm talking about the motive for which these actions are made and ure talking another thing...read and comprehend before quoting#capish

Instead of asking me to comprehend, why not make yourself coherent next time? undecided
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Oyibos didn't bring any clothes,rather they brought Western clothes and influenced African clothes. Prior to the coming of oyibos, Africans had their wrappers but they exposed their bodies. Oyibos thought Africans dressed indecently and decided to bring western clothes. We had Dashiki,Akwaete,aso oke etc but they brought Ankara to West Africa.

You are only talking about the 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria. That does not speak for all of Nigeria talkless of Africa a whole. In my own village, the women used wear only panties, more like g-string. I guess they were indecent too right?
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Ihuomadinihu: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
netizenbuzz:

You are only talking about the 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria. That does not speak for all of Nigeria talkless of Africa a whole. In my own village, the women used wear only panties, more like g-string. I guess they were indecent too right?
You have to understand that am supporting your point. Not everyone that quotes you is totally against your opinion. The White men did not bring clothes to all Africans. A Wrapper is a cloth. Secondly, Africans did not entirely cover their body neither did they see it as indecent. It was the White men that felt that minimal clothing is indecent.
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Ihuomadinihu: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
^^ Next time,learn to understand people before quoting or replying.
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
Sapphire86:

Gawd.... did u understand my statement before quoting me? I was talking about gays!!!!

You and i know what comes to mind first when ppl say equality in marriage. Be specific next time. No one here is a magician. We can't read your mind.
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Sapphire86(f): 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
netizenbuzz:

You and i know what comes to mind first when ppl say equality in marriage. Be specific next time. No one here is a magician. We can't read your mind.

You and I do not know anything, u r on ur own!
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by piagetskinner(m): 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Velocitron:

I see your point somehow but at the same time, it's still up to the individual to decide what you wear. Besides, I doubt moral decadence is even a modern thing.
Thank u for agreeing sumhw...however morale decadence is evolving#wasnt as bad as it is now, hundreds of years ago
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
Sapphire86:

You and I do not know anything, u r on ur own!

Sule grin
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Klinee: 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2015
Velocitron:

I just really detest hypocrisy.
u be fool!!
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Klinee: 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
Velocitron:

I just really detest hypocrisy.
u be fool!!
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by K9blunt(f): 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
i'm ambidextrous. Sometimes, i also eat with my left hand.
cool! I eat with my left all the time and clean the cleanable with my right hand grin
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by tsdarkside(m): 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
chuna1985:

Who be u sef , like say u de mad like terryG. If white people don't want condoms n children, How d hell does that make em gay?

becccaaaausssse...all white-people are gay.......

nasty homos....

did you know that,that greek,plato was gay?

all their great leaders were gay!!!! AND THAT IS FACT!!!!

that alexander the greek was gay too...flaming homo...

you dont believe me??'? okay,when it happens,dont sey nobody warned you about white-people...
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by tsdarkside(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
chuna1985:

Who be u sef , like say u de mad like terryG. If white people don't want condoms n children, How d hell does that make em gay?

btw...who the freaking hell is terryG

sound,,,,,homo...
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by tsdarkside(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
masonkz:

In trying to sound intelligent, you ended up shooting yourself in the foot. Think like a damn man you are.

Let's start with this: Who invented the satellite you're talking about undecided

heavens,,,you lost it looooong time....

stop watching tv,,,its not good for your brain....
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by tsdarkside(m): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
masonkz:

Really??

How in the world does attraction to same sex originate from the west? Do you people even reason?

tahhhh.....go fvck yourself----
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2015
tsdarkside:

tahhhh.....go fvck yourself----

Typical.

They'd rather insult than give reasons. Not surprised
Re: Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. by tsdarkside(m): 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
masonkz:

Really??

How in the world does attraction to same sex originate from the west? Do you people even reason?

whatttttt? what is there to reason,when it comes to homosexaulity?? no,thank you!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abiriba And Ohafia: Two Of A Kind / Kano Emirate: Low Activities In Sanusi’s Palace / Sa'ad Abubakar, Sultan Of Sokoto Kicks Against Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.