Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President (43538 Views)

Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket / Infantino With Ifeanyi Ubah: As FIFA Keys Into ‘Football Made In Anambra’ / Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by justwise(m): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sepp Blatter says he will resign as president of football's governing body Fifa amid a corruption scandal.

In announcing his exit, the 79-year-old Swiss has called an extraordinary Fifa congress "as soon as possible" to elect a new president.

Blatter was re-elected last week, despite seven top Fifa officials being arrested two days before the vote as part of a US prosecution.

But he said: "My mandate does not appear to be supported by everybody."

Fifa was rocked last week by the arrests on charges of racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering as part of a US prosecution that also indicted 14 people.

A separate criminal investigation into how the 2018 and 2022 World Cups were allocated is also under way.

"I am very much linked to Fifa and its interests. Those interests are dear to me and this is why I am taking this decision," added Blatter.

"What counts most to me is the institute of Fifa and football around the world."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449

More details to come

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by dapyd1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
It's long past due.
You claim not to be corrupt, but under your watch as president many scandals occurred, there were bribery cases left, right and centre. Almost all the executives that have served with you have been arrested.
There has been a sickening level of corruption in football federations across the globe, especially Africa which you defend.
And you claim to be a saint.
This man should be probed.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Lobolintin(m): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
Snoring
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by darah(f): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
With all those gibberish of pinnich(i or whats d NFF chairman called) on Cnn

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by 175(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nice. . .Blatter is just a common smooth thief.

4 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by disloman(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
Wasn't surprised.I knew he will definitely step down.Blatter!goodbye.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
darah:
With all those gibberish of pinnich(i or whats d NFF chairman is called) on Cnn

Don't blame Mr Pinnick for backing Blatter....Blatter has done quite a lot for developing countries.

That does not justify his corruption though.

22 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by landinfo: 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
So so angry now......it's time Africa, Asia, Middle East & the South Americanz reject anybody that will be brought forward by the Europeanz

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by MosakuAW(m): 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good news! How can someone rule for 16years.

I tot ruling for long period only happens in Africa.

Fifa needs to put a lot of things in place and the new president must get it right.

Bye bye Blatter, u can as well join GEJ in Otuke.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by wehla(m): 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good. front page
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
He let himself down big time! He should have cancelled the election and allow the investigation to run its course. Greedy fat cats

9 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by superstar1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
He must have been indicted one way or the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nairalandinfo:
So so angry now......it's time Africa, Asia, Middle East & the South Americanz reject anybody that will be brought forward by the Europeanz

While I am not eager for UEFA's replacement...it is a fact that corruption was serious in FIFA.

Or what do you call FIFA dashing Jack Warner of CONCACAF $10million...for a ''diaspora fund to be administered by Mr Warner''

Corruption is corruption. Yuck.

P.S...Many South Americans may back UEFA.

6 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sheymoni(m): 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good news. Wind of change don blow reach FIFA, next is hayatou

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by nerodenero: 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
Time for Africa to rid herself of Issa Hayatou before the next election because I am very sure CAF is also corrupt.

I am very sure Dr. Amos Adamu would be somewhere laughing out loud now, although, na thief all of them be grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
nerodenero:
Time for Africa to rid herself of Issa Hayatou before the next because I am very sure CAF is also corrupt.

I can't believe that he is still there

6 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Eliass: 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
okay
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
He needs to be arrested.

Where is Amaju Pinnick? He openly canvassed for Blatter's re-election on CNN. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sosanova: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sepp Blatter dey fear FBI cheesy grin cheesy grin grin as dem don arrest all him men, soon they will be extradited to United States

6 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by AyeeIdris(f): 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
Finally!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by fitzmayowa: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sepp blatter needs to be arrested, why step down after so many corruption allegation Why step down immediately after winning an election

I guess the guys that issued an arrest warrant for those arrested made a deal with him, its either he steps down and go quietly or remain and be disgraced out of office..

I guess taking the deal will cover his corrupt behind...SMH

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by lizu4chizu(m): 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by LMAyedun(m): 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good one!! The world is tired of Blatter.

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by helovesme(f): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
Lol. The fear of "FBI" is the beginning of wisdom. I hope extends its net to Issa Hayatou, AMOS ADAMU (the most corrupt of them all), Sani Lulu and other corrupt previous NFA chairmen.

That said, Kashamu, take note. You cannot excape judgement in the US. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by MVLOX(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
In dbanj's voice......FINALLY

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
FINALLY! Thought this man would die there

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by CR77(f): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good news kiss

3 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Ejovwoke(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
Yea.........diz man wan turn FIFA to he own business

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Soreza(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
AMERICA GOT WHAT THEY WANTED AT LAST

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by madridguy(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
GOOD DEVELOPMENT

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White Nigerian And Family Rock 2018 Super Eagles World Cup Jersey - Pictures / Africa Vs Europe Football Match In 1997 (Throwback Video). / Brazil Vs Nigeria Friendly: Super Eagles On Their Way To Singapore (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.