Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa (4850 Views)

''no Successful Musician Can Have A Good Home''; Flavour Rants / Richest Fuji Musician In Nigeria In 2016 And Their Net Worth / [SEE Photo's] 5 Most Handsome Musician In Nigeria!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by mamapidgin: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
Do you know the most successful musician in Africa? your guess is wrong, could it be Tuface, Sarkodie Dbanj, Wizkid, Akon, Davido, Don jazzy? or from the old musician, could it be Fela, King Sunny Ade, Sunny Okosun, Awilo Logomba, Chakacha? Nooooo

The answer is non of the above mentioned musicians, can you still try?...... Never think too much the answer is the one and only ANGELIQUE KIDJO the multi-talented Benin-born musician. The world acclaim undisputed African queen Diva with an impeccable CV and unbeaten record.

Angelique Kidjo stands tall as one of the greatest musicians of our time she has won numerous awards which include the following

The first African to win two Grammy awards one in 2008 for the best word contemporary music award and another one in 2015 for world music album for her latest album EVE.

Seven(7) Grammy Award Nominations 1995,1999, 2003, 2005 2007 2010 and 2014.

Angelique Kidjo's songs have been featured on the soundtracks of Hollywood films such as My Favorite Season, Street Fighter, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, Lion King II etc.

Kidjo speaks fluently in four languages Fon, Yoruba, English and French she also sings in this languages, She has an honoury Doctorate degree in 2015 from Yale University USA

http://www.mamapidgin..com/2015/06/mamapidgin-special-most-decorated-and.html#more

[img][/img]

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by ginawest(f): 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
lolz....Dis woman will not kill me with laff...c as she carry Grammy for head.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by brownlord: 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
Who is she?
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by absoluteSuccess: 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hugh masekela, but I love ma kidjo anyway: wombolobo? Wombolobo!!
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by DuchessLily(f): 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
Yeah! She deserves it. Gr8 singer!

........ Wombolobo papapapa...rarara...ra
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by Maxymilliano(m): 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
Undoubtedly she's one of African's most successful musician, but Youssou N'Dour is miles ahead in every ramification.
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by KAPOVee: 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
I've never heard of her before? Best ke? Why not Akon??
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by osemoses1234(m): 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
Abeg abeg make she pack welll.....
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by mamapidgin: 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
Maxymilliano:
Undoubtedly she's one of African's most successful musician, but Youssou N'Dour is miles ahead in every ramification.

I dont agree with you Maxymilliano, Youssou N'Dour is truly one of the best in Africa but in terms of achievement and success he is no near Angelique Kidjo

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by Maxymilliano(m): 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
mamapidgin:

I dont agree with you Maxymilliano, Youssou N'Dour is truly one of the best in Africa but in terms of achievement and success he is no near Angelique Kidjo

What achievement and success are we talking about ?

Nominations or real award
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by absoluteSuccess: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
KAPOVee:
I've never heard of her before? Best ke? Why not Akon??
Organise vocabulammy award for Alakon Akon na. tongue
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by mamapidgin: 11:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
Maxymilliano:

What achievement and success are we talking about ?

Nominations or real award

Lol You can read more about her achievement and successes on http://www.mamapidgin..com/2015/06/mamapidgin-special-most-decorated-and.html#more and pls dont hestitate to give me your feedback after reading
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by Maxymilliano(m): 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
mamapidgin:

The first African to win two Grammy awards one in 2008 for the best word contemporary music award

Youssou N'Dour won same grammy award for Best contemporary word music album for his CD Egypt in 2005 ...

She has an honoury Doctorate degree in 2015 from Yale University USA

Youssou was awarded an Honourary Doctoral degree in music from same Yale University in 2011

Don't forget the official anthem of 1998 World cup track with Belgian singer, Axelle Red.
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by mamapidgin: 12:03am On Jun 03, 2015
Maxymilliano:

Youssou N'Dour won same grammy award for Best contemporary word music album for his CD Egypt in 2005 ...

Youssou was awarded an Honourary Doctoral degree in music from same Yale University in 2011

Don't forget the official anthem of 1998 World cup track with Belgian singer, Axelle Red.

I still think you should take a look at the blog to read about her achievement and successes i dont want to copy and paste it on this page they are both good musician but Kidjo is far far ahead

Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by pretydiva(f): 7:36am On Jun 03, 2015
Never heard of her nor her music
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by englishmart(m): 7:53am On Jun 03, 2015
never heard of her. My most successful remains Akon
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by Maxymilliano(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2015
mamapidgin:

I still think you should take a look at the blog to read about her achievement and successes i dont want to copy and paste it on this page they are both good musician but Kidjo is far far ahead

I don't need to read the blog, i know what I'm saying ...

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by mamapidgin: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2015
Maxymilliano:

I don't need to read the blog, i know what I'm saying ...

If you don't want to do a research in knowing the fact then I will conclude that you base your judgment on ur own assumption not on real fact. no insult intended pls.
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by safarigirl(f): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2015
Lol.....when will black men stop equating success to recognition by their white masters?

Do Americans judge success based on awards gotten from blacks/Africans?

As far as I know, Fela is the most successful judging on the impact of his music. Followed by Lucky Dube. These are people who used their music to influence movements, to influence change and revolutions, to preach national unity and emancipation. People whose music still elicits euphoric feelings of freedom fights and successful movements.

And you don't need a Grammy to be that or some silly Yale award. Fela didn't need any of that and i'm sure if he was alive and they offered it to him he wouldn't take it.

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by Armaggedon: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
She is really great.
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by Bakozy(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
pretydiva:
Never heard of her nor her music
HOW OLD ARE YOU?
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by corneremperor: 4:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
safarigirl:
Lol.....when will black men stop equating success to recognition by their white masters?

As far as I know, Fela is the most successful judging on the impact of his music. Followed by Lucky Dube. These are people who used their music to influence movements, to influence change and revolutions, to preach national unity and emancipation. People whose music still elicits euphoric feelings of freedom fights and successful movements.

And you don't need a Grammy to be that or some silly Yale award. Fela didn't need any of that and i'm sure if he was alive and they offered it to him he wouldn't take it.

You speak words of wisdom my sister smiley
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
safarigirl:

The above is soo true. As for the rest of you post about fela, I disagree.
Re: Meet The Most Successful Musician In Africa by mamapidgin: 6:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
safarigirl:

Safarigirl is not about basing our judgement on what white man says or which award did white man gives out, but it's about appreciating a talented woman who overcame many challenges to get to where she is, considering her root and she has placed herself in the world map through her God given talent. If you've ever listen to Angelique Kidjo songs you will know that all the award given to her either by white people or black people are well deserving of her. We are talking about entertainment and raw talent.

In addition to that, Angelique is also an activist... Is not easy to gain international prominence and acceptance as an African, or as a African Lady talkless of comming from a tiny country like Benin you know.

(1) (Reply)

See What Italian Model Wore To Venice Festival - Photos / I Mistakenly Told Tiwa Savage To Take A Picture Of Me And Wizkid , Lady Crys Out / Exposed:tiwa Savage's Fiance Photos Of Baby Mama And Kids Re-surface

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.