Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani (34390 Views)

Obaseki Wins As Appeal Court Throws Out Ize-Iyamu’s Case For Ballot Recount / House Throws Out Report Clearing Alison-madueke Over Allocation Of Oil Leases / Court Throws-Out Application To Stop Buhari's Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by la1(m): 10:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
The House of Representatives yesterday shoved aside the report of an Ad-hoc committee which probed an alleged involvement of the Former minister of Petroleum Resources, in shady deals.

The report was compiled by the Muraina Ajibola-led Ad-hoc committee and contains three recommendations which didn't see any wrongdoing by the Former minister.

The House had ‎last year set up an ad hoc committee to investigate the alleged shady deals involving the minister of petroleum resources, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Ltd; Septa Energy Ltd with respect to the farm-out or allocation of oil mining leases (OML 4, 26, 30, 34, 38, 41 and 42.

The investigation was aimed at uncovering the truth about the alleged shady deals involving the Hon. Minister of Petroleum Resources, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Ltd, Septa Energy Ltd and any other entity with respect to the Farm-out or Allocation of Oil Mining Leases (OMLs) 4, 26, 30, 34, 38, 41 and 42 respectively.

Legislators blocked moves to consider the recommendation of report as was announced. by the Presiding Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha.

On first attempt, Ihedioha put the question as to whether the House should consider the report but was met with a nay vote out-sounding the ayes.

Determined to achieve a consensus and clarity on the matter, Ihedioha again put the question and there was a resounding nay in rejection of the report.

The three recommendations in no way met the expectation of many law makers who had hoped for an indictment of the former minister known for the controversial manner in which she ran the Ministry during the reign of former President Jonathan.

The recommendations include:
(i). That operators in the industry should deliberately encourage openness/transparency in their operations;

(ii) That companies involved in the Petroleum Industry should be required to ensure timely dissemination of information regarding their transactions, especially those involving Government Agencies and Corporations as this would forestall suspicions and sentiments of having been cheated that are always bound to arise in circumstances where a section of the relevant stakeholders in the industry are left in doubt as to transactions in the industry;

(iii). That a clean bill of health be given to all the parties involved in this transaction as the entire transaction conformed to all the applicable laws.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oil-deal-house-throws-out-report-clearing-diezani/210977/

3 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by gobizzy101: 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dat chick is going 2 jail mehn

I luv her, but kirikiri loves her most cheesy

FTC tinz...... E sweet me pass tomtom grin

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Niwdog(m): 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
The end justify the mean
let me see some useless children shouting prison say 'nay' tongue ntorr

4 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by emeuzo(m): 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Who are these house self? I tire for Nigerian politics oo, make una leave president do en work na.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
The soul that sinneth shall die even if she be my sis, I no send am. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
Great

5 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Lushore1: 10:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
About time!, some people need to be jailed..

9 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Dannyset(m): 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
Though hands join in hands, this woman will not go unpunished.

13 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by kekakuz(m): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
[size=20pt] let the witch hunting begin[/size]

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by WisdomCanada(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
she didnt run after Baba at the airport in vain.

7 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Anyi3(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
shocked
Modified:
My analysis is: Clean people do not need to run around seeking people's views. If she's clean, the worst thing that can happen to her is she has lost her reputation and would not get any other national appointment. She's rich so she shouldn't be bothered about this.

However, the way she has given interviews trying to prove her innocence. If you truly are innocent and know no court can jail you why are you trying to prove yourself? Worse is she's using emotional pleas saying a "cabal is after her".

Sanusi is an example. He talked knowing he can not be jailed. The worst thing was losing his post. He didn't go about trying to defend the allegations against him with emotional pleas. He released facts while defending himself.

Based on this, I believe this woman has something to hide.
Well I could be wrong though.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by BossAyuk: 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
I'm really trying hard to feel sorry for this woman but I can't.

goodbye madam. parade has indeed changed gear. embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by nairaman66(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
Eleyi gidi gan!
Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by dre11(m): 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
When the real probe of the ministry under her watch is done and dusted....... Then she will cough out all the money she has stolen and shipped out.

Trying to use the juju her priest gave her on baba during the trip baba undertook to UK
But the thing no work........
Now she is looking for EFCC Chief for soft landing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by wise7(m): 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
I'm having this feeling Buhari isn't going to probe anybody, since we all agree most politicians aren't with clean hand therefore some of those who sponsored him aren't without skeleton in their wardrobes. It would therefore be safe to exonerate everyone for past crimes and make the anti corruption a forward looking agenda! Just look at the case of sylva and now diezani not forgetting APC has the majority in the house of rep. How did she make it out of there without any case against her?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Fadelex(m): 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
There's surely no way out for this woman..... her sins were so great.
Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by baybeeboi: 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
woman's in shît mehn!
But I don't see her goin to jail as many are chanting here.

1 Like

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by WisdomCanada(m): 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
Does it mean she ran after Baba at the airport in vain.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by tinuolababy(f): 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
Chai
Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by EagleScribes: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hope it doesn't end there and her brethren will not cry blue murder or claim they are witch hunting their sister.

As if she did anything meaningful
to them in the first place

3 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
Diezani your days are numbered!
Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by olumalcolm(m): 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
Pls u guys shuld probe d woman in dis pix too.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by okotv(m): 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
the person who brought the report should be investigated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Iroh88(m): 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good.

That froggy eyed witch and her fat cheeked sidekick must be made to answer to their crimes against the Nigerian state.

Never seen such criminals in my life.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by kaelz(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
i laugh in swahili...
Re: Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani by Sirniyeh(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
No doubt the committee members were bribed N5billion each

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigerian Soldiers In Action You Have Not Seen Before / Photos Of Sambo Dasuki In Court For Olisa Metuh’s Corruption Trial. / Nigerians Are Cowards - Rotimi Amaechi In Tape Leaked By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.