Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,146,303 members, 7,792,610 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job (29609 Views)

APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune / President Buhari Moves Into Presidential Villa / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job by francizy(m): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
dont mind that person...only nigeria where you would see a failure like obj being praised...nigeria is doomed...obj that stole right left and center as the petroleum minister...for oil wey no even dey him village or state..

Yeah, same people singing the progressive song yet can't free themselves of bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job by lexy2014: 11:06am On Jun 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
I understand your point clearly..but you do know in nigeria the clime is different..we live in a country where for so long a time a group of people from whose lands the whole nation is fed have been marginalized and neglected..we know how nigeria works reason why both the president and ministers who front from a particular region need act fast to develop their regions because nobody will...you talked about the legislators...good...now ask yourself why the PIB was not signed as quick as possible knowing it was going to benefit host communities and in extension the whole country...?....

See the reason why nigeria is different...GEJ should have(nigerian factor) concentrated on the niger delta,putting the niger delta governors under duress to ensure every thing is put in place in the niger delta because as it is that was the one shot from the zone knowing the kind of country we come from where only a certain tribe or regions are born to rule(the west and the north)...my brother leave nigeria issue abeg...
Make we no talk am too much....

Just believe me when I say a niger deltan should be fixed as the minister,because only will that person know what the struggle of the niger delta is...
According 2u "a niger deltan should be fixed as the minister,because only will that person know what the struggle of the niger delta is"...

What is now d job of d gov, legislators and LG chairmen and councillors? So u mean d govs, legislators, LG chairmen and councillors don't no d struggle of d ND? D clime is different but that hasn't stopped us buying d latest handsets, driving d latest luxury cars and flying in private jets we get from other climes. We want d result without d exam. We want d fruit without planting. D issue in d ND is as simple as accountability. D question is who is responsible 4 what and what? That's how u solve problems. That's y d late myles munroe said when purpose is unknown abuse is inevitable. What is d purpose and function of d FG, d state and LG? What is d purpose nd function of legislators? When u don't no these thats when u xpect a minister 2 develop his state. Y do u have a gov and LG chairmen? U can't use a hammer 2 eat rice. It wasn't meant 4 that. D nose is meant 4 breathing not eating. D moment u start passing food thru a persons nose, u no all is not well. If NDeltans understand this,they will hold their legislators responsible 4d failure of d PIB not d minister. D purpose of accountability is so u no who 2 hold when things go wrong. That's Y when things went wrong in garden of eden, it was Adam God queried first cos he was supposed 2b in charge. So pls understand d roles of your elected reps. Govs are very very powerful but they aren't passionate about d welfare of their people. So are legislators. If d govs and other elected reps play their roles, ND wouldn't b were it is. D president can't do it alone. GEJ was d president of nigeria not ND. Like I said b4 a minister isn't a representative of his/her state at d FEC but an employee of d president who has d primary responsibility of executing d policies of d president. A minister can't do what u xpect cos they don't have such powers and functions. Such xpectation will only breed frustration
Re: Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job by lexy2014: 11:12am On Jun 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
I understand your point clearly..but you do know in nigeria the clime is different..we live in a country where for so long a time a group of people from whose lands the whole nation is fed have been marginalized and neglected..we know how nigeria works reason why both the president and ministers who front from a particular region need act fast to develop their regions because nobody will...you talked about the legislators...good...now ask yourself why the PIB was not signed as quick as possible knowing it was going to benefit host communities and in extension the whole country...?....

See the reason why nigeria is different...GEJ should have(nigerian factor) concentrated on the niger delta,putting the niger delta governors under duress to ensure every thing is put in place in the niger delta because as it is that was the one shot from the zone knowing the kind of country we come from where only a certain tribe or regions are born to rule(the west and the north)...my brother leave nigeria issue abeg...
Make we no talk am too much....

Just believe me when I say a niger deltan should be fixed as the minister,because only will that person know what the struggle of the niger delta is...
its about social contract which a minister doesn't have with anybody as he/she is an appointee. We d people/electorate have a social contract with our elected reps. D terms of d contract is that if we vote 4 them they will work 4 us. So y leave d person u entered a contract with and then pursue d minister who u don't have a contract with?
Re: Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 04, 2015
lexy2014:
its about social contract which a minister doesn't have with anybody as he/she is an appointee. We d people/electorate have a social contract with our elected reps. D terms of d contract is that if we vote 4 them they will work 4 us. So y leave d person u entered a contract with and then pursue d minister who u don't have a contract with?
well we hold our reps accountable but its just not enough...like i told you so many things that should be rightly done in our country are done the opposite way..
Re: Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job by lexy2014: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
well we hold our reps accountable but its just not enough...like i told you so many things that should be rightly done in our country are done the opposite way..

so what is d right way and what is d opposite way?
Re: Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2015
lexy2014:
According 2u "a niger deltan should be fixed as the minister,because only will that person know what the struggle of the niger delta is"...

What is now d job of d gov, legislators and LG chairmen and councillors? So u mean d govs, legislators, LG chairmen and councillors don't no d struggle of d ND? D clime is different but that hasn't stopped us buying d latest handsets, driving d latest luxury cars and flying in private jets we get from other climes. We want d result without d exam. We want d fruit without planting. D issue in d ND is as simple as accountability. D question is who is responsible 4 what and what? That's how u solve problems. That's y d late myles munroe said when purpose is unknown abuse is inevitable. What is d purpose and function of d FG, d state and LG? What is d purpose nd function of legislators? When u don't no these thats when u xpect a minister 2 develop his state. Y do u have a gov and LG chairmen? U can't use a hammer 2 eat rice. It wasn't meant 4 that. D nose is meant 4 breathing not eating. D moment u start passing food thru a persons nose, u no all is not well. If NDeltans understand this,they will hold their legislators responsible 4d failure of d PIB not d minister. D purpose of accountability is so u no who 2 hold when things go wrong. That's Y when things went wrong in garden of eden, it was Adam God queried first cos he was supposed 2b in charge. So pls understand d roles of your elected reps. Govs are very very powerful but they aren't passionate about d welfare of their people. So are legislators. If d govs and other elected reps play their roles, ND wouldn't b were it is. D president can't do it alone. GEJ was d president of nigeria not ND. Like I said b4 a minister isn't a representative of his/her state at d FEC but an employee of d president who has d primary responsibility of executing d policies of d president. A minister can't do what u xpect cos they don't have such powers and functions. Such xpectation will only breed frustration
like i concluded nigeria is the inverse of what is right..

GEJ being the president of nigeria meant(in the nigerian sense) he was the president of the niger delta since the niger delta cant be autonomous or stand on its own due to unknown reasons why nigeria still stands as one entity till this moment...in nigeria the reverse is the status quo..we have always used hammer to eat rice instead of spoon..that is why the ND has been marginalized for a long period of time and looked down upon as second class citizens and not fit to rule but others born to rule..nigeria has never been normal since its inception...OBJ was handling the ministry of petroleum(abnormal)..now this whole discussion will lead us to other discussions which cant trash out immediately...i understand how inept all arms of the government has become..no accountability...no official wants to struggle for the masses...but allowing a ND be the minister only tends to relax the nerves of its people...reason why tom west lately has being one talked about to assume that office..

you talked about the PPIB..how do we blame the ND legislators for the PIB not signed..please tell me..knowing they are a minority in the house...

thank you..
Re: Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2015
lexy2014:
so what is d right way and what is d opposite way?
you mentioned the right way already...but the right way in nigeria only would waste our time...it is in this nigeria where all public officials steal monies meant for the masses at the same rate...so they should all be ready to carry our responsibilities equally..
Re: Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job by lexy2014: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
you mentioned the right way already...but the right way in nigeria only would waste our time...it is in this nigeria where all public officials steal monies meant for the masses at the same rate...so they should all be ready to carry our responsibilities equally..
"but the right way in nigeria only would waste our time..."

Of course it will but that is what will secure our future. Like they say better late than never. We all in a hurry in d end we miss those things that are important. That's y I said earlier that we want d result without exam. We want d fruit without planting. Let's take time 2 learn our roles in our society. When people are informed, society begins 2 change 4d better. Better take your time and learn than rush and in d end u achieve nothing. U will still come back 2 square one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up / Photos From The Suicide Bomb Blast In Adamawa State Yesterday / How Governor Ayade Transformed A Community In 72 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.