Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These (3586 Views)

Don’t Have Sex With Him Till You Consider These 3 Important Things / Don’t Have Sex With Him Till You Consider These 3 Important Things / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by BreezyRita(f): 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2015

You may have been together with your partner for a while and you feel the 'right' thing to do is finalise your union by getting married, or you just started dating someone who looks like they'll be 'the one'.

Here are tough questions to ask about youself about your relationships before moving forward.

1. Is for better or worse making me better or worse? Does your partner encourage you to be your best self, or does he or she get intimidated by any triumphs and feel more secure when you're not putting your best foot forward?

2. Do we really accept one another? There will always be things you want to change about the people in your life, but no one should be in a situation where they feel they aren't allowed to be authentic and accepted as the unique, special (yet flawed) person they are.

3. Who am I? How can you know if your partner is a good match if you have no idea who you are?

4. Am I happy to be in this relationship? The idea of sharing a life together is not to find someone to complete you or make you happy. But let’s face it: being unhappy at home can seep into other areas of your life ... and fast. If you're always fighting or just generally not feeling great about your twosome, it doesn't mean you have to bail out (counseling might be a good option) but marrying someone in the hope that it changes things is a bad, bad idea.

5. Am I feeling trapped? Do you really want to be in this relationship the majority of the time or do you find yourself wishing for a way out? Do you stay because you've invested time or are you really invested in your mate?

6. What am I doing to hold us back? Maybe you could be more attentive, more thoughtful, quicker to let things go, or the first to bring up going to counseling. Whatever it is, take this as your sign to step up.

7. Is this relationship balanced? Do you feel you're both on the same page in terms of compromise, care, support and sacrifice? Or is one of you doing most of the giving while the other just sits with their hand out?

8. Can we have fun together? Have you ever seen two people sit across from one another in silence at brunch as though they are being forced to walk through their day together? Not. fun.

9. Can we have fun apart? Co-dependency ain't cute, y'all.

10. Why am I in this relationship? Is it because you respect, love, trust, and value the person you are with? Or because you're afraid of being alone, worried about finances, or have built a life you're scared to leave?

11. Where is this going? Living in the "now" is great, but eventually the partnership will need a plan or someone will begin to feel anxious.

12. Do I really trust my partner? For some, the immediate response to this can be devastating. If you're one of them, it's time to ask why and how you can begin to build or rebuild trust. Without it, there's no chance.

13. Am I with a good person? Knowing what you know about your partner today, would you vouch for them if they were a friend?

14. Am I attracted to my partner? Physical attraction is hardly the most important component in a relationship, but forcing yourself to be in a relationship with someone who you're not attracted to — just because it's comfortable or "perfect on paper" isn't fair to anyone. You will feel resentful and they will feel rejected.

15. Am I a parent or a partner? Taking care of someone you love is a great thing to do, but when you feel like you're raising a boyfriend — or worse, a husband — things get a little complicated. You'll resent his childish ways. Who wants to sleep with their mom?

16. Does my partner have my back? Do you feel like you're a part of a loyal team who stands up for one another, supports one another, and shows a united front (even when the other is not around)? Or, do you feel like you're constantly being thrown under the bus by your mate?

17. Are we looking in the same direction? Some couples avoid having the big talks (religion, marriage, babies) because they think that, somehow, these things will just "work themselves out." By the time they realize they won't, they're in a complicated, painful situation that leaves one (or both) feeling a little bit duped.

18. Are we growing together? Being a human being living on this earth, we all have a right to grow and develop, and create a full life for ourselves. Are you and your partner still indulging in your passions (individual and shared) and growing as individuals?

19. Am I still me? Being in love with someone should not require changing our identity to fit someone else's idea of who we should be, on any level.

20. What is my gut telling me? You have intuition for a reason. Listen to yourself.

Culled from [url] http://pulse.ng/relationships
[/url]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by buygala(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ok

Nice tips smiley, even though i didn't bother with reading the epistle, because it will most likely not be much different from the other marriage lists which I have read on this forum sad
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by INTROVERT(f): 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Yea but you can never get 100 in all..
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by dharay99: 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
will comment later
afta getting d summary aspect.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by BreezyRita(f): 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
INTROVERT:
Yea but you can never get 100 in all..

True that. But most peeps overlook some of these things.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by yorke1: 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
Una don start again. No be person wey get money dey marry.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by ritababe(f): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by BreezyRita(f): 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
dharay99:
will comment later
afta getting d summary aspect.

We know. cheesy
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by adioolayi(m): 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
The Secret of a Successful Marriage is a Secret Unique to Such Marriage...There is no general formula that can make marriages work.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by dharay99: 4:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
BreezyRita:

We know. cheesy
I've heard.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Princecalm(m): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
people don't realise that marriage is not meant for everyone.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by FLAWLES(f): 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
ok
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
OP @breezyrita did u ask yur self all those ?s B4 getin married
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by dapyd1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Just make sure you know what you are doing.
And have your convictions, it will come in handy when the going gets tough.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by dharay99: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
6ty6ix:
FLAWLES:
ok
ritababe:
Ok
better not to
type at all...
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by uchebest2006(m): 4:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
Princecalm:
people don't realise that marriage is not meant for everyone.
"Go to the world and multiple"
U wanna neglect that word...u wanna stay alone huh? U will be "agadi" soon.
Go nd get married nd enjoy the joy of seeing wonderful kids around u.
Marriage is a beautiful tin,wen u knw ur ribs,coz not everyone can be ur ribs.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Princecalm(m): 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
uchebest2006:

"Go to the world and multiple"
U wanna neglect that word...u wanna stay alone huh? U will be "agadi" soon.
Go nd get married nd enjoy the joy nd wonderful kids around u.
Marriage is a beautiful tin,wen u knw ur ribs,coz not everyone can be ur ribs.
I have not really pointed out that I won't get married. I only made my point, but have you ever wondered why Jesus did not get married?
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by LEvuls(m): 4:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
OP I de inside traffic pls remind me later
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by naijaboiy: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
i'll bookmark this page and read it in the next 8 years when i'm ready for marriage. cool
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Tashaamania(f): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
cool
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
naijaboiy:
i'll bookmark this page and read it in the next 8 years when i'm ready for marriage. cool

8 years?
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
Tashaamania:
cool

You didn't invite me to your couples thread abi?

No problem. If I do you my own back, just remember you started it.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by echobee(f): 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
embarassed embarassed
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Tashaamania(f): 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
misssclassy:

You didn't invite me to your thread abi?

No problem. If I do you my own back, just remember you started it.
Awww bae, I thought I did. I must have forgotten. No vex.

You wan play? wink cheesy
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Adaeze003(f): 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
By the time i'm done answering all these, won't I be 40+ undecided undecided

grin just kidding, nice thread you got.

1 Like

Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
Tashaamania:

Awww bae, I thought I did. I must have forgotten. No vex.

You wan play? wink cheesy

No need for apology, I have already vex.

I might participate, but I would rather be a spectator and support.
What does anyone know about me anyway?

Nice stuff you and luxanne are doing though. More grease.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by naijaboiy: 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
misssclassy:

8 years?
Yea undecided
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yea undecided

Why the face? I just asked you a simple question.
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Tashaamania(f): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
misssclassy:

No need for apology, I have already vex.

I might participate, but I would rather be a spectator and support.
What does anyone know about me anyway?

Nice stuff you and luxanne are doing though. More grease.
You have already vex? What do I do to appease omo classy? cheesy

You and your partner would have to work on knowing yourselves more before the contest. There's enough time for that.

Thanks dear..
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by xynerise: 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Tashaamania:

You have already vex? What do I do to appease omo classy? cheesy

You and your partner would have to work on knowing yourselves more before the contest. There's enough time for that.

Thanks dear..
You heard the Op? Don't dare get married if you don't ask yourself those questions and give accurate answers grin
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by Tashaamania(f): 5:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
xynerise:

You heard the Op? Don't dare get married if you don't ask yourself those questions and give accurate answers grin
I wouldn't dare shocked shocked
But were you able to answer those questions before you got married? Gimme expo na tongue
Re: Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These by xynerise: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
Tashaamania:

I wouldn't dare shocked shocked
But were you able to answer those questions before you got married? Gimme expo na tongue
The questions never come out when I marry grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Viral Video Shows Couple Having Sex In A Retail Store’s Fitting Room. Photos... / Ladies Please Get In Here And Rate My Handsome Pics / 10 Signs You're Dating A Yoruba Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.