Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark (21534 Views)

Aisha Buhari Celebrates Osinbajo's 60th Birthday: "Capable Of Leading Nigeria" / Ojukwu Is A Blood Sucker While The Igbos Are Slaves In Nigeria-EDWIN CLARKE 2003 / PH Shooting: Jonathan Leading Nigeria To Hell - Fani-kayode (Published Last Yr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by laidian(m): 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
A former Federal Commissioner of Information, Chief Edwin Clark, has once again canvassed support for President Muhamadu Buhari.

He described the President as being capable of leading the country and therefore should be supported by all Nigerians.

Clark, who was one of the staunch supporters of former President Goodluck Jonathan, spoke in Abuja on Wednesday at his residence when he received a group known as Probity Ambassadors Organisation of Nigeria.

He noted that though he was among those who campaigned against the emergence of Buhari during the election, Clark said since Nigerians voted for the incumbent President, he must be supported in order to enable him to succeed in the task ahead.

The Ijaw Leader added that the way Jonathan conceded defeat had also made the task of running the country easier for the President.

Clark said, “I have congratulated President Buhari and today, he is our President. He’s not the President of a section of the country.

“Buhari is fit for the job and he’s capable of leading us. We will support him.

“Campaigns are over and a winner has emerged. We must come together after the election and give our support to the President.

“The loser of the election, who had all the powers to do and undo, came out to congratulate the President.

“That action of the former President is the best thing that has happened in this country.”

He believed that Jonathan conceded defeat and congratulated Buhari because of the former’s love for the country.

“You can only be the President of the country when it is intact. All of us must join hands together to support President Buhari,” he added.

He asked those who might not agree with the President to wait until 2019 when elections would be held again, saying “this is when there will be another opportunity for election.”

“Then Nigerians would determine if the President has done well or not. Democracy has come to stay in the country,” he added.

He asked Nigerians to learn from the attitude exhibited by the people of the United Kingdom, whom he said, had forgotten about their last election, which was held in May.

Clark said members of both the Conservatives and the Labour Party had been living together in peace as if nothing had happened.

He stated that those who he thought he would die because his party, the Peoples Democratic Party and former President lost the election, were shortsighted.

He explained that as an elder statesman, he was bound to support whoever won election to lead the nation.

The former Federal Commissioner for Information said, “Those who think I would die because of the outcome of election are missing it. Why should I die? I’m a Nigerian.

“I will support whoever wins. My advice to the President and the All Progressives Congress is that they should have regard for the country and work with all.

“The issue of winner takes all is not in our interest. People are bound to vote for or against you. Those who voted for you believed in you and those who voted for another person believed in another person.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-capable-of-leading-nigeria-edwin-clark/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Udmaster(m): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
The sheep talk say Nobody beta pas looku looku.. Make una de looku Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Rawani: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is interesting. I hope all the children of pain, anger and frustration will heed this call to support President Buhari instead of wasting productive time scanning the President's wife's body in the name of opposition. Meanwhile, someone is desperately looking for relevance in Buhari's government.

This is the same Edwin Clark, the ‘great leader’ and elder of the Ijaw nation and the political and spiritual father of former President Jonathan just 4 months ago in Akwa-Ibom State;

“It’s clear that apart from clinging to sectional, ethnic and religious sentiments, the APC presidential candidate has no idea of running a democratic state. Mohammadu Buhari is a personality drenched in controversy because of his sordid dark past; Nigeria is ahead of his puerile and barren ideology, which remains stagnant. The APC political marriage is about accomplishing selfish, personal desire rather than the wellbeing of Nigerians,”

http://www.naij.com/375502-edwin-clark-says-buhari-cant-rule-a-democratic-state.html

laidian:
Clark said, “I have congratulated President Buhari and today, he
is our President. He’s not the President of a section of the
country.

This is rich coming from Clark of all people.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by OkutaNla: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
Behold, he is "born-again" and has finally seen the light. Barcanista, your elders are already extending the Olive branch to Buhari (including oga patapata godfather of ijaws Edwin Clark), what say you?

54 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Princecalm(m): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
the respect of Buhari is the beginning of Change.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Islie: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is the beginning of new things for the general

“Buhari is fit for the job and he’s capable of leading us. We will support him.
“Campaigns are over and a winner has emerged. We must come together after the election and give our support to the President.

I hope the taniods are seeing this and be constructive when trying to criticise the president and not all this destructive criticism we keep seeing all around the forum from them..

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
Where art thou o! You SaTANist?

Lemme call them.
Cc:
Dearpreye
Barcanista
Chukwudi44
Bonapart
Fire-fire
Mogidi (sigidi)

Secessionist .
Cc:
Bifrancaptain
Eurobomber & co.
Food don don.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by laidian(m): 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
I think it's high time we warn Nigeria hackers, they have been hacking politicians mouths since jega announced something in March. 'CHANGE' is changing everything!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Xslaze3xd(m): 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
Buy the way!!!! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Breaking News: I buy Titus sardine na one fish I see for inside

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by 9jii(m): 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is the kind of News that makes TANoids regret not jumping into Lagoon already.

Is he too becoming a slave?
according to some people that their failure to recognised alliance is the caused of their political woes.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by lolababe331e: 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Front page

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by laidian(m): 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Buy the way!!!! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Breaking News: I buy Titus sardine na one fish I see for inside
Bring the Titus for evalution...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by JingoOAU(m): 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
It's either someone is forcing Clark to say this at Gunpoint, or he was kidnapped and being forced to say this

How can Edwin Clark say this....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Onajevwe(m): 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is serious!!!

Well, there are no permanent friends or foes in politics.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Jorussia(m): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
.I am not surprised because, in 9ja,our politicians are always loyal to the oga at the top for their own selfish reasons and gains.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by midolian(m): 5:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
Unbelievable indeed grin grin

Well, this is what happens when you give up excessive drinking..you begin to think straight.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by RockMaxi: 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
Somebody should please tell me this is not true. This statement is unbelieveable. How can Edwin Clark say this. Probably he was high on sea weed.
Former president GEJ should come and see things for himself, those that were pushing him can not even wait for a week before switching allegiance. angry

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by OkutaNla: 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
JingoOAU:
It's either someone is forcing Clark to say this at Gunpoint, or he was kidnapped and being forced to say this

How can Edwin Clark say this....

He's an Elderly man and mature enough to know when to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by laidian(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
midolian:
Unbelievable indeed grin grin

Well, this is what happens when you give up excessive drinking..you begin to think straight.

Wicked boy
Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by JingoOAU(m): 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
OkutaNla:

He's an Elderly man and mature enough to know when to do the right thing.

You mean the man is matured enough

I doubt it.....he's one of the failure-story of GEJ, always ridiculous in his thinking at his age that you wonder if truly he should be called a stateman not to talk of an elder

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by midolian(m): 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
laidian:

Wicked boy
lool cheesy
Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Xslaze3xd(m): 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
laidian:

Bring the Titus for evalution...
roger dat sir.... on ma way
Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Bonapart(m): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
My friend go and sit down!!! The ball is in the abok!'s court now
Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by kay29000(m): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
Okay...This is a good one coming from this man. Now, I hope other Buhari haters can put their hate aside, and support the president. What would you gain if you keep praying for Buhari to mess up? No be you sef go suffer? Lets come together and pray for the betterment of our country regardless of where our president is from. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by captainBIAFRA(m): 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Iroh88(m): 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by ayusco85(m): 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
Na now u know? We know that since. Somebody Sai Baba
Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is how it should be. Nigeria can only move forward if we see ourselves as "ONE" irrespective of our ethnicity, political affiliation, religious and cultural background. God bless our dear country, Nigeria.

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by free2ryhme: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
angry I have said it once and I will repeat again. This old man called Edwin Clark is clueless and disillusioned. He was vehemently against the candidacy of GMB during the campaign, he bet with his live that Buhari was not qualified to be and will never be president of this nation. I wonder why an old man his age will speak with different mouths. What a shame?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nairaland pdp thugs think otherwise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGP Redeploys Mbu To Ogun / APC Plots El-rufai’s Fall / Gov. Yahya Bello Declares For Second Term, Gives Reasons

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.