Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,027 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. (6442 Views)

Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / Ultimate Warriors of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands 60% Oil Bloc / MOSUNDI Calls For Self Determination! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Ikwerreboy(m): 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic.

A group, Movement for the Survival of Niger Delta Indigenes (MOSUNDI) has commenced agitation for self-determination and independence from the present Nigeria.

MOSUNDI which in itself represents the six states of the Niger Delta (South-South) and part of the present Ondo State say its agitation for self-determination and independence is anchored on wicked marginalisation, deprivation and slavery by the major ethnic groups in Niger inspite of fact that Niger Delta produces the economic wealth of the nation.

In a letter to the Secretary-General of United Nations, Dr. Ban Ki-Moon and signed by its President, Prince Samuel Amaiwo, Chimezie Ezebunwo Timothy, Hon. Okan Obukohwo Okan and spokesman Godgift Edigbe, MOSUNDI seeks for a United Nations’ Supervised referendum for self-determination of the Niger Delta Peoples of Nigeria based on the UN charter, Articles, resolution, International Court of Justice decision and the Scotland referendum.
The agitation for the Niger Delta Peoples Republic according to the letter is predicated by political, Social-economic and religious discrimination of the Nigeria, Hausa and Yoruba against Niger Delta people.

It said, “from independence in 1960, the Niger Delta has been a well spring of Nigeria resource of revenue due to the huge oil deposit but the people have continued to wallow in abject poverty, environmental degradation due to economic, political, social and religious violence visited on them by the majority Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba’s Islamic elites, our people as a result of economic, political, social and religious violence visited on us, live in abject poverty without the minimum basic necessities of life, ie water, sanitation, healthcare, education.”

Oil exploitation and exploration and production in the Niger Delta has degraded our environment, devastated our fish stocks and our farmland, the principal sources and strength of micro-economic activities of our people health reducing life expectancy and also damaging physical infrastructure that the cost of living has sky rocketed beyond the reach of the people, of note in the oil industry which has created a ‘NEW NOVEAU RICH’ amongst the Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba elites that has wickedly and deliberately denied our people management jobs within an industry that is located at the heart of the Niger Delta Communities, the letter said.

The group noted that the people of the Niger Delta disputed the result of the 2006 population which was carried out by the Federal Government, reason being that the ploy was a measure to depopulate and reduce the number of people of the region which is being used in allocating resources in Nigeria.

It queried why Nigerian Federal authority did not use water resources or the inclusion of transportation of Petroleum through VAT in determining resource allocation.

It said the proposed Niger Delta Peoples Republic made up of Rivers,Bayelsa,Edo,Delta,Akwa ibom and Cross rivers state (south south geo-political zone) is economically viable and would not depend solely on international hand-out from other countries except with respect to contributory shared Debt of the Federation of Nigeria.

According to MOSUNDI, the proposed new country has would be politically stable, culturally compatible, geographical contiguous as well as religiously congruous.
It further accused the Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba of allotting 90% of the oil blocks in Niger Delta to themselves due to their vintage position at the central government level.

It further remarked that the agitation for a republic of the people of Niger Delta has become a long struggle starting from the era of Willincks Commission due to the lop-sidedness of Nigeria Federalism and massive greed of the majority ethnic Nationalities and insisted that peaceful separation is the key to lasting peace in what it termed the faulty federation called Nigeria.

SPOKESMAN

GODGIFT EDIGBE

https://www.facebook.com/NigerDeltaRepublicMovement

http://ireports-ng.com/2015/05/18/new-militant-group-demands-niger-delta-peoples-republic/

dailynewsleaks.com/news/mosundi-demands-niger-delta-peoples-republic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by drtwist(m): 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
Wow if this can be possible I will be very happy. Just that I want only Benin from Edo to join us, the rest of Edo should join Nigeria we don't need them.

# team Niger Delta

2 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
cheesy. I laugh in reverse Cantonese...

2 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic.

A group, Movement for the Survival of Niger Delta Indigenes (MOSUNDI) has commenced agitation for self-determination and independence from the present Nigeria.

MOSUNDI which in itself represents the six states of the Niger Delta (South-South) and part of the present Ondo State say its agitation for self-determination and independence is anchored on wicked marginalisation, deprivation and slavery by the major ethnic groups in Niger inspite of fact that Niger Delta produces the economic wealth of the nation.

In a letter to the Secretary-General of United Nations, Dr. Ban Ki-Moon and signed by its President, Prince Samuel Amaiwo, Chimezie Ezebunwo Timothy, Hon. Okan Obukohwo Okan and spokesman Godgift Edigbe, MOSUNDI seeks for a United Nations’ Supervised referendum for self-determination of the Niger Delta Peoples of Nigeria based on the UN charter, Articles, resolution, International Court of Justice decision and the Scotland referendum.
The agitation for the Niger Delta Peoples Republic according to the letter is predicated by political, Social-economic and religious discrimination of the Nigeria, Hausa and Yoruba against Niger Delta people.

It said, “from independence in 1960, the Niger Delta has been a well spring of Nigeria resource of revenue due to the huge oil deposit but the people have continued to wallow in abject poverty, environmental degradation due to economic, political, social and religious violence visited on them by the majority Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba’s Islamic elites, our people as a result of economic, political, social and religious violence visited on us, live in abject poverty without the minimum basic necessities of life, ie water, sanitation, healthcare, education.”

Oil exploitation and exploration and production in the Niger Delta has degraded our environment, devastated our fish stocks and our farmland, the principal sources and strength of micro-economic activities of our people health reducing life expectancy and also damaging physical infrastructure that the cost of living has sky rocketed beyond the reach of the people, of note in the oil industry which has created a ‘NEW NOVEAU RICH’ amongst the Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba elites that has wickedly and deliberately denied our people management jobs within an industry that is located at the heart of the Niger Delta Communities, the letter said.

The group noted that the people of the Niger Delta disputed the result of the 2006 population which was carried out by the Federal Government, reason being that the ploy was a measure to depopulate and reduce the number of people of the region which is being used in allocating resources in Nigeria.

It queried why Nigerian Federal authority did not use water resources or the inclusion of transportation of Petroleum through VAT in determining resource allocation.

It said the proposed Niger Delta Peoples Republic made up of Rivers,Bayelsa,Edo,Delta,Akwa ibom and Cross rivers state (south south geo-political zone) is economically viable and would not depend solely on international hand-out from other countries except with respect to contributory shared Debt of the Federation of Nigeria.

According to MOSUNDI, the proposed new country has would be politically stable, culturally compatible, geographical contiguous as well as religiously congruous.
It further accused the Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba of allotting 90% of the oil blocks in Niger Delta to themselves due to their vintage position at the central government level.

It further remarked that the agitation for a republic of the people of Niger Delta has become a long struggle starting from the era of Willincks Commission due to the lop-sidedness of Nigeria Federalism and massive greed of the majority ethnic Nationalities and insisted that peaceful separation is the key to lasting peace in what it termed the faulty federation called Nigeria.

SPOKESMAN

GODGIFT EDIGBE
Where is the source of this your story? why do you like to play with the people's intelligence here on NL? you are just FAKE!!!

5 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by 9jii(m): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
We Swear by the old generals and new Generals...1
Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by SOUPF: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
"I am a strong individualist by personal habit,inheritance, and conviction;but it is a mere matter of common sense that the state,the communities,the citizens acting together,can do a number of things better than if they were left to individual action"----Theodore Roosevelt..
Division is not an option,this country will be great with our collective differences and understanding..Let us unite and be peaceful..We dont need a Niger delta republic nor a biafra republic,neither do we need oduduwa republic nor Arewa republic..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Young03(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
well, I know they can never get it so no need for me to waste my tyme here

1 Like

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by superstar1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Demand?

Who are they demanding the Republic from? Can't they just gather themselves together and declare the Republic?

Another clownish group on the horizon.

4 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by POPdecorator: 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
Am sure if u missbehave that ur village wey u call delta go becom pasture
Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by OkutaNla: 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
superstar1:
Demand?

Who are they demanding the Republic from? Can't they just gather themselves together and declare the Republic?

Another clownish group on the horizon.

Ah! After what happened to Ojukwu the last time anyone tried that, I'd be scared too if I were in their shoes. All these people are just jokers. Until their elite start agitating for secession, I won't take them seriously. As it stands these mushroom movements are being driven by touts.

4 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by tayoxx(m): 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
funny people
Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by ComradeAbu(m): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Toh! Another noise maker coming up again. If what you want is a political party,then granted. But for a country, lalalala not granted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by PassingShot(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
Make una do quick quick commot joor. Abi dem hold una with rope?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Macelliot(m): 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
There are Many Ethnic group in this geo-political zone, so no ethnic group can speak for another...
Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by yang(m): 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
Probably floated by the Fed govt or the APC to attack genuine demands of ethnic Nationalities. . . They lost the plot when the included EDO on the Niger delta map.

1 Like

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by jorlons(m): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
As a Niger Deltan let me clarify that these groups agitating for self determination on our behalf are nothing but clowns pursuing their own purpose.

I've said it before and say it again, UN should be prepared to carry out more referendums because if they think Nigeria will just divide into two then they must be joking. If all are tired of one Nigeria, then we should be prepared to fragment.

Lets wait for other regions to seek self determination from the UN.

1 Like

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by darfay: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
All u people commenting are very sick especially the biafra agitators when u were busy runin.g ur louz.y mouth with bacarmum.u on niger delta joining biafra nobody castigated u now want a sovereign state u call us unserious. Although I don't think dats the solution(atleast not yet ) what nigeria needs is to unify its component units 2geder or else it would get 2 a state where every lga wants 2 b an independent country.jux hope we don't become anoder USSR.

2 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by superstar1(m): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
OkutaNla:

Ah! After what happened to Ojukwu the last time anyone tried that, I'd be scared too if I were in their shoes. All these people are just jokers. Until their elite start agitating for secession, I won't take them seriously. As it stands these mushroom movements are being driven by touts.

Word.

Who led the secession struggle of Scotland? Their leaders and politicians.

Who are the people leading session in Nigeria? Touts and E-Warriors and E-Sessionists.

Spot the difference.

4 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Duru1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
Niger Delta can have whatever republic it wishes as long as it does not include any iota of Igbo land. There will be Republic of Igbo land and peace will rain as long as the boundaries were culturally understood. We do not want to hear ethnic this or that in the new republics.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by jorlons(m): 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
darfay:
All u people commenting are very sick especially the biafra agitators when u were busy runin.g ur louz.y mouth with bacarmum.u on niger delta joining biafra nobody castigated u now want a sovereign state u call us unserious. Although I don't think dats the solution(atleast not yet ) what nigeria needs is to unify its component units 2geder or else it would get 2 a state where every lga wants 2 b an independent country.jux hope we don't become anoder USSR.

As a Niger deltan, we don't need our own country. I tell you we will not last a year before we breakup.

I have always maintained a stance that Nigeria cannot break in two or three or four, it will fragment worse case scenario.

2 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
superstar1:

Word.

Who led the secession struggle of Scotland? Their leaders and politicians.

Who are the people leading session in Nigeria? Touts and E-Warriors and E-Sessionists.

Spot the difference.

The last congress of the Ijaws where they called for a referendum was sponsored by the Bayelsa State Government.

Biafra is in court with Nigeria.

It will happen to you people like in a movie

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by superstar1(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
noblezone:

The last congress of the Ijaws where they called for a referendum was sponsored by the Bayelsa State Government.

Biafra is in court with Nigeria.

It will happen to you people like in a movie

Which of the court is Biafra in?

Has Bayelsa State Govt communicated its decision to FG? Waste of public funds.
Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by QuotaSystem: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Noblezone won't like this, what sayest thou?
Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Hahahahahahahahaha.

You dont know me nor my convictions.
It is rather you that wont like this.

If it is true, it is a great news to close the second quarter of 2015.

We prefer an all Igbo Biafra, with ND Republic side by side .
It will be easier for us to manage.

You see, the awareness is growing,
Professionals and politicians are waking up.

I am very very happy bro,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
superstar1:

Which of the court is Biafra in?

Has Bayelsa State Govt communicated its decision to FG? Waste of public funds.

I dont know any Biafra, neither if they are in court and in which court.

You said, those talking about this are touts, and I just told you politicians are joining up, you begin to throw tantrums,

Take am easy oo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by pazienza(m): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is a good move. As long as a referendum be conducted in all Igbo speaking communities in Niger delta to decide between Republic of Alaigbo and Niger delta republic.

If all the groups in the Lower Niger work in synergy, we can successfully pull out of Nigeria to form independent republics of Alaigbo and Niger delta respectively.

Though I suspect the Ogonis would favour having an Independent country of their own. So that makes it 3 independent countries.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
A wrong foundation doesn't last forever!

I'm not in total support of secession NOW. I believe we can agitate for true federalism..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by fx45(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
SOUPF:
"I am a strong individualist by personal habit,inheritance, and conviction;but it is a mere matter of common sense that the state,the communities,the citizens acting together,can do a number of things better than if they were left to individual action"----Theodore Roosevelt..
Division is not an option,this country will be great with our collective differences and understanding..Let us unite and be peaceful..We dont need a Niger delta republic nor a biafra republic,neither do we need oduduwa republic nor Arewa republic..
Parasite!

There's nothing like unity in Nigeria. Nairaland is a good enough mirror and a standard gauge of what your Nigeria actually is.

Say No to ONE NIGERIA!
Say a bigger No to OIL UNITY!

5 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
pazienza:
This is a good move. As long as a referendum be conducted in all Igbo speaking communities in Niger delta to decide between Republic of Alaigbo and Niger delta republic.

If all the groups in the Lower Niger work in synergy, we can successfully pull out of Nigeria to form independent republics of Alaigbo and Niger delta respectively.

Though I suspect the Ogonis would favour having an Independent country of their own. So that makes it 3 independent countries.

I dey tell you.
One of the greatest news to come this quarter.

Now, nobody will accuse Biafra of trying to annex Niger Delta.
When we reach the height of the tempo, synergy will be built.
and Nigeria will go down the drain.

I prefer Biafran and Niger Delta Republics.

Niger Deltan want their own country oooooooo.

Nigeria una hear

4 Likes

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by WIZGUY69(m): 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
drtwist:
Wow if this can be possible I will be very happy. Just that I want only Benin from Edo to join us, the rest of Edo should join Nigeria we don't need them.

# team Niger Delta

grin grin

nairalanders sha.

you de talk as if na game you de play.

anyway.

I think it will be better than joining those fraudsters (Biafra).

they don't want to be the VANQUISHED this time. so they wants alliance.

1 Like

Re: Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. by PedroJP(m): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

As long as it breaks Hausas n Yorubas away, far better than present Naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aided Fire Victims Pay Thank-you Visit To Gov. Ugwuanyi / Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns / FG Earmarks $7 Billion For Poverty Reduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.