Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? (2488 Views)

Vacancy: Office Administrator / Vacancy For An Office Administrator / How An Office Cleaner Outshined 6 'graduates' Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Beckybeky(f): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Pls Nairalander help me.
I am not very good at salary negotiation, most times I end up with lower salary than even my junior staffs and dis has haunted me for a long time.
I have a final interview as an office administrator in an HR firm. Pls how much is a good range for such a position??
I'm a graduate with abt 2 years experience.
Pls ur help is highly needed from experienced ppl in d house. D interview is tomorrow.

Cc: davide470, uboma, lalasticlala
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Beckybeky(f): 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
Pls help o
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Abduletudaye(m): 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
Just give a range so the recruiters will decide and you wont be at the losers end.. smiley

Like 70k-100k
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Beckybeky(f): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Abduletudaye:
Just give a range so the recruiters will decide and you wont be at the losers end.. smiley

Like 70k-100k

So that range is ok?
Thank u very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by scarplanet(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Beckybeky:
Pls Nairalander help me.
I am not very good at salary negotiation, most times I end up with lower salary than even my junior staffs and dis has haunted me for a long time.
I have a final interview as an office administrator in an HR firm. Pls how much is a good range for such a position??
Pls ur help is highly needed from experienced ppl in d house. D interview is tomorrow.

Cc: davide470, uboma, lalasticlala

Hi.
Going for an interview, you really should have done lots of digging about the firm. The pay for a particular position varies among firms; what is obtainable in company A might not be in company B.
Well, I would advice you raise the bar a little higher; say 80 - 150k. Alternatively, if you can, you should politely ask any staff of the firm you meet before the interview. Some might be willing to share one or two things with you.

Success
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by steffans(m): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
how much are u receiving in ur present place?

for 2 years experience i think the 70-100k is ok depending on the size of the company.
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Beckybeky(f): 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
scarplanet:

Hi.
Going for an interview, you really should have done lots of digging about the firm. The pay for a particular position varies among firms; what is obtainable in company A might not be in company B.
Well, I would advice you raise the bar a little higher; say 80 - 150k. Alternatively, if you can, you should politely ask any staff of the firm you meet before the interview. Some might be willing to share one or two things with you.

Success

Thank u very much.
Honestly I've tried to dig up anything I can online but I couldn't. The company is very discreet with pay info.
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Beckybeky(f): 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
steffans:
how much are u receiving in ur present place?

for 2 years experience i think the 70-100k is ok depending on the size of the company.

Its a big HR firm dat recruits for mostly oil and gas, banks and govt. Thanks
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Abduletudaye(m): 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
Beckybeky:

So that range is ok?
Thank u very much

You can make it 60-100 sha...to make it even more modest then you make your stand at 70k..

Good luck
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Beckybeky(f): 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
Abduletudaye:

You can make it 60-100 sha...to make it even more modest then you make your stand at 70k..

Good luck

Aiit thanks...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Abduletudaye(m): 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
Beckybeky:

Aiit thanks...

You welcome
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by davide470(m): 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Beckybeky:
Pls Nairalander help me.

Cc: davide470, ub..oma, lalasticl..ala
Is the 2 Years experience relevant to the Job you are applying for? If Yes, then please don't ask for anything below 100k.. This is a top HR firm as you stipulated and they expect you to make a good bargain.

If No, still don't go below 100k.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by bisisho(f): 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
Just as David said, with 2 years experience, you shouldn't go below 100k.

I would like to ask you something, pls reply my PM. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Coldplay007(f): 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mention the firm and people can help you dig out the information...
Office administrator in my office gets more than 250k.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by scarplanet(m): 1:18am On Jun 04, 2015
Coldplay007:

If only she would mention; well, it's unlikely she will anyways.
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by LaurelP(m): 1:32am On Jun 04, 2015
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Beckybeky(f): 9:32am On Jun 04, 2015
Coldplay007:

Are u serious @250k?
Is it an oil coy?
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Coldplay007(f): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2015
Well! It's not an oil coy! I just want you to know there are several firms in Lagos that pay well yet are not known....
If I were you I will ask for 200k, if they can't afford it, they will tell you what they can afford...

1 Like

Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
Coldplay, I would love for my girl to work at your organization ooohhh.

No kidding
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Salary per month :180K - 250K
Plus tiny light Camry as official car grin
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Beckybeky(f): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Keneking:
Salary per month :180K - 250K Plus tiny light Camry as official car grin
Sounds good. But I doubt if it can work out
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by Coldplay007(f): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Beckybeky:

Sounds good.
But I doubt if it can work out

Any experienced graduate that negotiates for a salary less than 150k is not serious IMHO..
If you say 150- 200k...
They can negotiate to at least 120k..
But if you negotiate for 100k, they will end up paying you like 60k.....
Don't know what you want to do with that kind of salary...
Be bold and act as if they need you more than you need them..
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by hasdan(m): 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
Pls house what are the function/duties of an office administrator and the required skills?....Thanx
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by skentelelady(f): 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
hasdan:
Pls house what are the function/duties of an office administrator and the required skills?....Thanx

Why not Google it undecided
Re: Pls How Much Is Good For An Office Administrator Position? by steffans(m): 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
So what did u actually say in the interview? Did u get d job?

(1) (Reply)

Any Available Job Vacancy In Ibeju Lekki/lekki/ajah Axis / Massive Employment At CRS (70 Positions) / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.